PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Projected Cap

TheSanityAnnex
01-22-2008, 05:51 PM
What do you want your team to do with it's cap money?
I'd like to see the Chargers finally take a dive into the free agency market for once. After seeing how much it helped New England, I hope AJ takes notice. He's built very well through the draft and that has allowed them to sign players and stay under the cap, now is the time to splurge.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Projected 2008 NFL Salary Cap Space for Each Team RankTeam$ Under the Cap
1 San Diego Chargers $43.03 M There are currently 44 players under contract.
2 Tennessee Titans $40.85 M There are currently 39 players under contract.
3 Miami Dolphins $35.56 M There are currently 48 players under contract.
4 Jacksonville Jaguars $32.69 M There are currently 43 players under contract.
5 Buffalo Bills $32.05 M There are currently 49 players under contract.
6 New Orleans Saints $31.69 M There are currently 39 players under contract.
7 Cincinnati Bengals $31.45 M There are currently 48 players under contract.
8 San Francisco 49ers $30.91 M There are currently 48 players under contract.
9 Cleveland Browns $30.31 M There are currently 42 players under contract.
10 Arizona Cardinals $30.27 M There are currently 34 players under contract.
11 NY Jets $27.72 M There are currently 45 players under contract.
12 Oakland Raiders $25.98 M There are currently 40 players under contract.
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers $25.9 M There are currently 48 players under contract.
14 NY Giants $24.47 M There are currently 49 players under contract.
15 Detroit Lions $23.5 M There are currently 42 players under contract.
16 Houston Texans $22.91 M There are currently 43 players under contract.
17 Dallas Cowboys $20.61 M There are currently 40 players under contract.
18 Kansas City Chiefs $20.27 M There are currently 44 players under contract.
19 Chicago Bears $19.8 M There are currently 52 players under contract.
20 Pittsburgh Steelers $18.61 M There are currently 43 players under contract.
21 Green Bay Packers $18.37 M There are currently 48 players under contract.
22 Philadelphia Eagles $17.17 M There are currently 49 players under contract.
23 Denver Broncos $16.77 M There are currently 49 players under contract.
24 Minnesota Vikings $14.88 M There are currently 49 players under contract.
25 New England Patriots $10.93 M There are currently 41 players under contract.
26 St. Louis Rams $9.61 M There are currently 45 players under contract.
27 Seattle Seahawks $9.55 M There are currently 44 players under contract.
28 Indianapolis Colts $8.49 M There are currently 48 players under contract.
29 Carolina Panthers $6.05 M There are currently 35 players under contract.
30 Atlanta Falcons $5.79 M There are currently 52 players under contract.
31 Baltimore Ravens $5 M There are currently 42 players under contract.
32 Washington Redskins $-20.72 M There are currently 45 players under contract.

TheSanityAnnex
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Mono, what do you think the Pats will do to sign Moss? Who do they let go? Do they try and restructure everyone's contracts because Moss will command top dollar?

K-State Spur
01-22-2008, 06:01 PM
i don't trust many media outlets to have any clue as to how much under or over a team is in relation to the cap.

the salary cap and contract structures are far more complicated than most reporters are able to understand.

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Mono, what do you think the Pats will do to sign Moss? Who do they let go? Do they try and restructure everyone's contracts because Moss will command top dollar?
The hope is that Moss takes less to stay (doubtful). But it looks like they'll still be willing to sign him for top dollar.

Donte Stallworth is all but gone. His last game as a Patriot is in 2 weeks. Kelly Washington will also be cut probably. Bruschi and Seau will probably retire.

Their two main goals are signing Moss & Samuel. Word is that they'll let other FA's like Rosevelt Colvin walk.

And more than likely they'll ask Brady to restructure his contract again in order to keep Moss & Samuel, and he'll probably do it gladly.

TheSanityAnnex
01-22-2008, 06:11 PM
i don't trust many media outlets to have any clue as to how much under or over a team is in relation to the cap.

the salary cap and contract structures are far more complicated than most reporters are able to understand.That is why it says "projected".

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
As bad as NE's LB crew is right now, it will be REEEEAAALLLY bad next year. Vrabel (great), Thomas (iffy), and a bunch of rookies & nobodies.

Tippecanoe
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
As bad as NE's LB crew is right now, it will be REEEEAAALLLY bad next year. Vrabel (great), Thomas (iffy), and a bunch of rookies & nobodies.

i think bruschi may be convinced to come back for one more season, even if his play'll be severely diminished. for whatever reason, belichick doesn't draft LB in early rounds, so it looks like free agency is the only solution. unless your confident with eric alexander, pierre woods, and oscar lua

bostonguy
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
The Pats linebackers will be sick next year. Thomas is learning his role and will be a pro bowler next season
Teddy will be back as will Vrabel. We might say adios to Stallworth but Chad Jackson is a star on the rise. Samuel and Moss will stay as well.

K-State Spur
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
That is why it says "projected".

I took the projected to mean "if nothing else changes." Not the "we really have no idea, but here's a guess" version.

TheSanityAnnex
01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I took the projected to mean "if nothing else changes." Not the "we really have no idea, but here's a guess" version.
Clicking links does wonders.

"Keep in mind that these numbers remain tentative -- and are changing on a daily basis. These "unofficial" figures are approximate as of December 27, 2007 and were compiled from various media sources including the NFLPA, ESPN and Sports Illustrated."

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I know a few of those guys from askthecommish.com. They went to Michigan State and sadly are Lions' fans.

Carry on.

slayermin
01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
San Diego's cap number is incredible. I guess that's what happens when you draft well over the years.

KidCongo
01-23-2008, 03:33 AM
SD needs to pick up the best safety available

slayermin
01-23-2008, 04:23 AM
SD needs to pick up the best safety available

So you don't like McCree or Hart?

stretch
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
The Pats linebackers will be sick next year. Thomas is learning his role and will be a pro bowler next season
Teddy will be back as will Vrabel. We might say adios to Stallworth but Chad Jackson is a star on the rise. Samuel and Moss will stay as well.
:wtf

What has Chad Jackson done?

samikeyp
01-23-2008, 10:20 AM

Best receiver named Chad Jackson EVER!!

[/bostonguy]

monosylab1k
01-23-2008, 10:21 AM
:wtf

nothing yet, but he does have some big play potential, and Bill Belichick is really high on the guy. He gives him nothing but praise when he talks about him. He was hurt most of the year and then couldn't get on the field because of how many good receivers they already have. Next year he could easily fill the void left by Stallworth leaving.

monosylab1k
01-23-2008, 10:25 AM
i think bruschi may be convinced to come back for one more season, even if his play'll be severely diminished. for whatever reason, belichick doesn't draft LB in early rounds, so it looks like free agency is the only solution. unless your confident with eric alexander, pierre woods, and oscar lua
I say the Patriots should trade their #7 pick to the Jets for Jonathan Vilma (assuming his injury situation is okay) and a late round pick. He's smart, incredibly athletic, young, and despises Mangini.

Thunder Dan
01-23-2008, 10:29 AM
The Browns always seem to have money, and they always get free agents, I expect them to go after Terrell Suggs or Lance Briggs or both.

01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I say the Patriots should trade their #7 pick to the Jets for Jonathan Vilma (assuming his injury situation is okay) and a late round pick. He's smart, incredibly athletic, young, and despises Mangini.

Wasn't his knee completely shot? I remember talk of him missing a portion of next season as well.

He's a damn good player though.

monosylab1k
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Wasn't his knee completely shot? I remember talk of him missing a portion of next season as well.

He's a damn good player though.
Yeah I heard that report, in which case I'd rather not the Patriots risk it.

But there's reports that his injury wasn't that bad and he'll be fine.

There's even reports that he wasn't hardly hurt at all, but the rift between him & Mangini was so bad that Mangini threw him on the IR just to get him out of his sight.

Thunder Dan
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
The Pats might need a CB because Samuel might be outta there

monosylab1k
01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
The Pats might need a CB because Samuel might be outta there
I hear that they feel he's shown he's better than a "system CB" and they're ready to pay him top CB money and will do whatever it takes to keep him.

01-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Knowing the Pats, they'll trade down take Cason in the 20s and use one of the extra picks on a guy like Jerod Mayo in the 2nd/3rd round.

monosylab1k
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
depends on if those guys have the attitude & intelligence to play in the Patriots system.

J.T.
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Colts don't need much, maybe use a draft pick or two on the D line but with McFarland coming back, that's even less of an issue. Ryan Lilja, Jake Scott, or both of them will probably be gone next year so we'll need to figure something out with the O line too. Dear God I hope Charlie Johnson isn't given a starting job.

MajorMike
01-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Charlie Johnson rocks.

T Park
01-23-2008, 02:23 PM
god the Rams are so fucked.

bostonguy
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I hear that they feel he's shown he's better than a "system CB" and they're ready to pay him top CB money and will do whatever it takes to keep him.

Exactly. Samuel is the best shut down corner in the nfl. He has shown why he is. Craft isnt letting him or Moss go. Brady will donate one of his testicles if it means keeping this team together.

mardigan
01-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Exactly. Samuel is the best shut down corner in the nfl. He has shown why he is. Craft isnt letting him or Moss go. Brady will donate one of his testicles if it means keeping this team together.
So will they let Stallworth go now?

Tippecanoe
01-23-2008, 02:45 PM

most likely.

and kelley washington as well. hate to see him go.

bostonguy
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM

it is looking that way but Chad Jackson will be taking his spot. Belichick is very high on Jackson and the kid is very talented. Injurys and depth at the WR position is why you didnt see much of him. Expect that to change.

mardigan
01-23-2008, 02:49 PM
it is looking that way but Chad Jackson will be taking his spot. Belichick is very high on Jackson and the kid is very talented. Injurys and depth at the WR position is why you didnt see much of him.
Yea, I saw him his rookie year make some plays, he has good size and speed. He should be alright, but I really like Stallworth. Guess they really have no way of keeping him though.

bostonguy
01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Yea, I saw him his rookie year make some plays, he has good size and speed. He should be alright, but I really like Stallworth. Guess they really have no way of keeping him though.

If we do decide to say adios to Stallworth, the Cowboys should go after him. He is very fast and would really help Romo spreading out the d. he would be a very solid and consistent #2 guy there.

bostonguy
01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Colts don't need much, maybe use a draft pick or two on the D line but with McFarland coming back, that's even less of an issue. Ryan Lilja, Jake Scott, or both of them will probably be gone next year so we'll need to figure something out with the O line too. Dear God I hope Charlie Johnson isn't given a starting job.

Do the Colts have any big free agents this offseason or is every key guy locked up? Will they restructure Marvin's contract?

mardigan
01-23-2008, 03:16 PM
If we do decide to say adios to Stallworth, the Cowboys should go after him. He is very fast and would really help Romo spreading out the d. he would be a very solid and consistent #2 guy there.
With Glenn probably not coming back, that would be a great idea. Cowboys have got some big holes to fill.

samikeyp
01-23-2008, 03:57 PM

I would agree. That would be a great pickup.

bostonguy
01-23-2008, 04:33 PM
With Glenn probably not coming back, that would be a great idea. Cowboys have got some big holes to fill.

Think of Stallworth as a 26 year old healthy version of Terry Glenn. He can be had, if we do decide to cut him. Most pats fans here in Boston (including myself) are convinced Stallworth is gone after this year due to trying to free up cap room to keep other key guys like Moss and Samuel. If the cowboys sign Stallworth, play smarter by not committing preventable penalities, and resign Adams and barber, and add some depth in the secondary, they will be back stronger next season.

KidCongo
01-24-2008, 02:44 AM
So you don't like McCree or Hart?

An upgrade to either would be nice.