PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown Says Knicks Spied On Him

duncan228
01-22-2008, 08:17 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/01/22/knicks.brown.ap/index.html

Brown says Knicks spied on him

NEW YORK (AP) -- Coaching the New York Knicks made Larry Brown feel like he was being watched.

Brown accused the Knicks of having "spies throughout the arena" during his one season with the team in a story in the February issue of Philadelphia magazine.

Brown also complained about the way he was treated by the organization.

"Imagine when you get to work, they don't talk to you," he said. "They had security people standing close to me in press conferences, and spies throughout the arena."

Brown coached the Knicks to a 23-59 record during the 2005-06 season, one of the worst in franchise history. But his firing had more to do with his refusal to follow Madison Square Garden's strict media policies than his poor won-loss record.

Brown publicly criticized his players, especially Stephon Marbury, and gave roadside interviews to the team's beat writers after the season. Garden policy requires a coach talking to the media to have a public relations official present.

Because he violated the policies, MSG chairman James Dolan refused to pay the remaining four years and about $40 million that remained on Brown's contract. Instead, they settled for $18.5 million after hearings with NBA commissioner David Stern.

Madison Square Garden declined to comment on Brown's claims.

Brown has since returned to Philadelphia, serving as an executive vice president with the 76ers. He led the Sixers to the NBA finals in 2001.

He said he had no interest in replacing current coach Maurice Cheeks because he "could never stab Mo in the back like that."

"I still want to coach," Brown said. "I don't want to coach here. I don't want it to end the way it did in New York. I don't wish that on anybody."

DarkReign
01-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Putz

Fillmoe
01-22-2008, 08:30 PM
fucking bum

ShoogarBear
01-22-2008, 08:48 PM
He said he had no interest in replacing current coach Maurice Cheeks because he "could never stab Mo in the back like that."

"I still want to coach," Brown said. "I don't want to coach here. I don't want it to end the way it did in New York. I don't wish that on anybody."

10-to-1 Larry is coaching the Sixers by the end of the year.

resistanze
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
aD21JDMp86c

Marklar MM
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey. You can't be smarter than Brown. Get hired somewhere for a big contract, stay a season or two and do bad enough or piss enough people off that they pay you a shitload of money to just leave.

spurscenter
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
resitanze, thats funny

m33p0
01-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Hey. You can't be smarter than Brown. Get hired somewhere for a big contract, stay a season or two and do bad enough or piss enough people off that they pay you a shitload of money to just leave.
there's a term used to describe exactly what you just posted. its called extortion.

ancestron
01-23-2008, 10:25 AM
10-to-1 Larry is coaching the Sixers by the end of the year.

I was thinking the same thing. But I'll give it til the start of next season, after the sixers finish in the cellar again.

exstatic
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
http://johnxlewis.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/tin_foil_hat.jpg

remingtonbo2001
01-23-2008, 10:28 PM
You guys are fucking RETARDED if you think Larry Brown is at fault.

Next your going to tell me Isiah Thomas is a SAINT.

Armando
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Somehow I can see Isiah Thomas pulling something like that. After this is someone who has fans ejected for having Anti-Isiah signs at the game. BTW I see Brown coaching next season in Miami. Shaq will just love that. Or maybe Skiles