PDA

View Full Version : Cat Takes Vacation

angel_luv
01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_fe_st/odd_missing_cat

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - Some kitty math: How many lives did little tabby Gracie Mae use up when she crawled into her owner's suitcase, went through an airport X-ray machine, got loaded onto a plane, thrown onto a baggage belt and mistakenly picked up by a stranger far from home?

"She's got to be at four or five now," Seth Levy said after his 10-month-old pet was returned Sunday night by a kind stranger who went home to Fort Worth, Texas, with the wrong bag and Gracie inside to boot.

The last time Levy's wife, Kelly, saw Gracie was before she took her husband to the airport. The 24-year-old went back to her house in Palm Beach Gardens late Friday to find the bottom step, where Gracie would usually be waiting, empty.

She tore the house apart looking for the cat, who had been spayed just days before. She and her dad took out bathroom tiles and part of a cabinet to check a crawl space and papered the neighborhood with "lost cat" signs.

Then she got a phone call.

"Hi, you're not going to believe this, but I am calling from Fort Worth, Texas, and I accidentally picked up your husband's luggage. And when I opened the luggage, a cat jumped out," Kelly Levy quoted the caller saying.

Rob Carter said he made it home with the suitcase before realizing it wasn't his — and there was a big surprise inside.

"I went to unpack and saw some of the clothes and saw it wasn't my suitcase," he said. "I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

(:lol )

Carter said that he eventually was able to get the cat to come out from under the bed.

"In the morning, I got close enough to see its collar and the phone number on it," he said. "So I called the number and got a hold of the crying wife of the traveler."

The tabby made the 1,300-mile trip home on an $80 plane ticket. Carter said he considered keeping the cat before he knew she had a home.

"We were going to name it Suitcase," he said.

angel_luv
01-23-2008, 11:18 AM
http://i31.tinypic.com/xkww0m.jpg

Gracie Mae/ Suitcase

Dex
01-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that cat is lucky to be alive. :lol

mrsmaalox
01-23-2008, 11:21 AM
http://i31.tinypic.com/xkww0m.jpg

Gracie Mae/ Suitcase

She looks just like my kitty! And mine is ALWAYS getting inside things; I always double check boxes before I throw them out!

angel_luv
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm pretty sure that cat is lucky to be alive. :lol

I was glad for a happy ending story to be on the Yahoo front page.
Usually there is a bunch of bad news to greet me in the morning.

Dex
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I was glad for a happy ending story to be on the Yahoo front page.
Usually there is a bunch of bad news to greet me in the morning.

Very true.

I wonder what the cat did for the hours it was stuck inside that suitcase?

Must've been boring.

mrsmaalox
01-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Very true.

Must've been boring.

Well considering cats sleep an average 18-21 hours a day, it might not have been that bad!

angel_luv
01-23-2008, 11:35 AM

I wish cats could talk. They would have some interesting stories to tell.

Imagine if you had a talking cat and only you knew it.

You could leave your cat alone with people and have him spy on them for you- provided he refrained from napping. :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Some friends and I used to talk about boxing and shipping ourselves to some exotic vacation spot. Our conversation was based on a story we read about someone that tried that, and succeeded if I remember correctly.

Perhaps kitty saw the same article we did.

ORION
01-23-2008, 02:06 PM
I am pretty sure the cat planned this. I bet he hear mice are bigger in texas or something. The Cat is the funniest animal, but he passed through a xray with no problems.

mrsmaalox
01-23-2008, 02:18 PM
She looks just like my kitty! And mine is ALWAYS getting inside things; I always double check boxes before I throw them out!

Case in point: I just took clothes out of my dryer and when I returned with a new load, guess who jumped out? :lol

mrsmaalox
01-23-2008, 02:20 PM
I wish cats could talk. They would have some interesting stories to tell.

Imagine if you had a talking cat and only you knew it.

You could leave your cat alone with people and have him spy on them for you- provided he refrained from napping. :lol

Yes a talking cat would be nice, but I'd prefer:

6VW6B7pGnnQ

CuckingFunt
01-23-2008, 03:06 PM
There must be something about cats named Gracie.

I had a Gracie several years ago (she lived at Dad's house) who was fond of weaseling her way into the minivan and sleeping in my sister's booster seat on cold nights. One day we packed up the van and set off on a family trip -- 2 1/2 hours into the 5 hour drive, we heard a sheepish little meow from between all the suitcases in the back of the van and she ended up spending the week with us at my step-mother's sister's house in Santa Cruz.

to21
01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Case in point: I just took clothes out of my dryer and when I returned with a new load, guess who jumped out? :lol
Ur midget sex slave?

mrsmaalox
01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Ur midget sex slave?

Imagine my surprise...

ORION
01-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I think we are missing the point. this cat purposely did this as a cheap way to travel. They are getting smarter. I saw one the other day walking upright into the Valero to buy some milk at 3am