PDA

View Full Version : Bowen > Kobe

lefty
01-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, not really :p: , but this is interesting nevertheless:

The Lakers and Spurs, scheduled to meet Wednesday (9 ET) at the AT&T Center, have split their two matchups this season. Most would assume that each team must figure out how to stop the other's superstars. It seems the Spurs have figured out how to slow down Kobe Bryant.

Bryant is only shooting 11.1 percent from behind the arc this season against San Antonio. However, the Lakers must find a way to control Bruce Bowen. That's right Bruce Bowen. Bowen is averaging 5.8 points per game on the season, but 22.5 ppg vs. the Lakers.

phxspurfan
01-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Manu 24 points on 14 shots, Kobe 30 points on 44 shots. Take your pick...

lefty
01-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Manu 24 points on 14 shots, Kobe 30 points on 44 shots. Take your pick...

That's why I would take Manu over Kobe ANY given night

Medvedenko
01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
That's why I would take Manu over Kobe ANY given night

That's why you don't GM or coach in the NBA....

Oh and it was 48 points on 44 shots while shooting close to 50%.....I assume that if Manu shot that many times he's score 80 like Amare.... :reading

DazedAndConfused
01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Manu = The Beak, Super-Flopper, Traveler :) :)

SAGambler
01-23-2008, 01:39 PM

Oh and it was 48 points on 44 shots while shooting close to 50%.....I assume that if Manu shot that many times he's score 80 like Amare.... :reading

Actually, he would probably shoot the same, seeing as how their FG percentage is almost identical. Now Manu would maybe score more if he was taking 3 pointers since his percentage from the arc is about 10 percentage points above Kobe.

lefty
01-23-2008, 01:51 PM

Homers don't matter

JamStone
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Kobe can score 81 points on 46 shots.

FromWayDowntown
01-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Manu = The Beak, Super-Flopper, Traveler :) :)

You forgot Three Time Champion. :)

lefty
01-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Kobe can score 81 points on 46 shots.

Yeah, vs the Raptors when they sucked big time

Medvedenko
01-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Homers don't matter

Well, given your most recent respones, mine was pretty apt. Calling me a homer....please.

JamStone
01-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, vs the Raptors when they sucked big time

How many other players scored 81 points on the Raptors when they sucked big time? How about how many others scored 70+? 60+?

:rolleyes

lefty
01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
How many other players scored 81 points on the Raptors when they sucked big time? How about how many others scored 70+? 60+?

Some could have done that, but they know they have teammates, unlike Koballhog

lefty
01-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Well, given your most recent respones, mine was pretty apt. Calling me a homer....please.

You are not smart; all I'm saying is that Manu is more efficient; I never he would score 80 pts by shooting the ball 40 times.

Think Homer, think.

JamStone
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Some could have done that, but they know they have teammates, unlike Koballhog

No, some could not have. If some could, they would have done it. Fact is no other current player has come even close to scoring 81 points in a game. No other current player has even scored 70 points in a game. Kobe was a ballhog when he felt he needed to be so the team could win. Look at this season, and you know that when his teammates prove they can play, he will trust them more. That Koballhog didn't take one shot the entire first quarter of the Denver game the other night. He had 11 assists. On Team USA, he deferred to LeBron and Carmelo on offense and asked to defend the best perimeter player on the other team every game. When Kobe knows he has good teammates that can play well, he's a good teammate. I'd be interested to see Manu's stats for the 2004 Olympics. I wouldn't be surprised if Manu's shot attempts compared to the rest of that team didn't look similar to Kobe's shot attempts compared to his Laker teammates over the last couple seasons.

lefty
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
No, some could not have. If some could, they would have done it. Fact is no other current player has come even close to scoring 81 points in a game. No other current player has even scored 70 points in a game. Kobe was a ballhog when he felt he needed to be so the team could win. Look at this season, and you know that when his teammates prove they can play, he will trust them more. That Koballhog didn't take one shot the entire first quarter of the Denver game the other night. He had 11 assists. On Team USA, he deferred to LeBron and Carmelo on offense and asked to defend the best perimeter player on the other team every game. When Kobe knows he has good teammates that can play well, he's a good teammate. I'd be interested to see Manu's stats for the 2004 Olympics. I wouldn't be surprised if Manu's shot attempts compared to the rest of that team didn't look similar to Kobe's shot attempts compared to his Laker teammates over the last couple seasons.

Well, maybe Kobe is not a ballhog anymore; he's been a good teammate this season so far.

But back then he was.

Again, I'll bet my middle testicule that Wade or LBJ, if they wanted to, could have scored 80 pts against the then sucking Raptors

JamStone
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
You would lose a middle testicle then. Why do you have a middle testicle?

DazedAndConfused
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
You are not smart; all I'm saying is that Manu is more efficient; I never he would score 80 pts by shooting the ball 40 times.

Think Homer, think.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Manu would not be nearly as efficient if he were playing for the Lakers right now. The only reason he gets those looks is because TD and TP draw so much attention. Do you have any idea what Kobe would average if he was never double-teamed?

Manu is good, but let's face it he's not even an All-Star this year. And he is NOWHERE near Kobe Bryant's level. Kobe gives you elite defense and an offensive game that the NBA has not seen since Michael Jordan.

DazedAndConfused
01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, maybe Kobe is not a ballhog anymore; he's been a good teammate this season so far.

But back then he was.

Again, I'll bet my middle testicule that Wade or LBJ, if they wanted to, could have scored 80 pts against the then sucking Raptors

More stupidity. You're giving Spurs' fans a bad name. Stop posting.

Spurminator
01-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Given Bowen's shooting problems lately, a game against the Lakers might be just what he needs to get back on track.

lefty
01-23-2008, 03:08 PM
You would lose a middle testicle then. Why do you have a middle testicle?

I was born with 3 testicles

lefty
01-23-2008, 03:08 PM
More stupidity. You're giving Spurs' fans a bad name. Stop posting.

I forgive you; after all, you're just a Lakers fan

phxspurfan
01-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Manu scores point without even shooting. I think in Portland earlier this year they gave him 3 for winking at one of the cheerleaders

2Cleva
01-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Hate him or love him but Kobe is one of the most dynamic scorers in basketball history. His name follows Wilt and MJ in most scoring records for a reasons (especially with career 40 point and 50 point games)

Most people can't do what he does. Whether the opportunity is there or not - it takes great skill to get 50 in a game.

101A
01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Lefty shut it down. Kobe is good.

ancestron
01-23-2008, 05:13 PM
like 50 of kobe's 81 points were from free fros. :fro

Medvedenko
01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Too funny...anyways yes Kobe hogs the ball, no doubt....but scoring 81 points and also having 4 50+ games all W's by the way goes down in history and is legend. Who else other than Wilt has done this...and as I said in previous posts throughout time, out of all of the games, all of those shitty 80's teams when Team PPG's were around 120 each no one came close. Do I have to mention that the players today have to play against zone defenses and quicker, faster and more athletic players than years past.

lefty
01-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Lefty shut it down. Kobe is good.

Never said he wasn't good.

Trust me, I think he is an amazing talent, and in my opinion, one of the best clutch scorers of the history of the NBA.

JamStone
01-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Never said he wasn't good.

Trust me, I think he is an amazing talent, and in my opinion, one of the best clutch scorers of the history of the NBA.

And better than Manu Ginobili.

lefty
01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
And better than Manu Ginobili.

No :madrun :madrun

rascal
01-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I was born with 3 testicles

And 1/3 of a brain.

lefty
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
And 1/3 of a brain.

At least I get laid

remingtonbo2001
01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
How about how many others scored 70+? 60+?

Jamstone...THAT IS THE MOST RETARDED QUESTION I HAVE EVER SEEN YOU POST ON THIS BOARD.

I'm just curious have you ever heard of a man by the name of .... :rolleyes

DAVID ROBINSON.

Go back to the 93-94 season and view his stats for the last game of the season.

I respect your opinion for the most part, but please refrain from stupidity. There's enough of that going around here as it is.

JamStone
01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Perhaps you should have read the entire quote then.

The argument lefty gave as the reason why Kobe scored 81 was that that particular Raptors team sucked big time. In response, I asked who else scored 81 on that particular Raptors team that sucked big time. Moreover, 70+ or 60+ on that particular Raptors team that sucked big time.

Get it?