PDA

View Full Version : Minn vs Suns

ratm1221
01-23-2008, 10:15 PM
T-Wolves are destroying the little Suns bitches right now.

Tippecanoe
01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
if minn wins today, they woulda won 7 times total, 2 of which over the suns. whats up with that?

resistanze
01-23-2008, 10:19 PM
if minn wins today, they woulda won 7 times total, 2 of which over the suns. whats up with that?
Jefferson tossing Amare's salad?

ratm1221
01-23-2008, 10:19 PM

I'll tell you what's up with that.

"little suns bitches" or more simply put
suns = little bitches

Armando
01-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Jefferson tossing Amare's salad?

Yeah pretty much and D'Antoni is having his usual hissy fit on the sideline.

JamStone
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
T-pups just beating a team they're supposed to beat. No surprises here.

ludda
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
suns shooting 57% FG and were at one point down by 20. Outrebounded 46-26. Jefferson has career night against Amare, he loves playing the Suns.

ludda
01-23-2008, 10:27 PM
on another note, big Z was out of his mind tonight 10-10. (Don't feel like making a separate thread cuz no on really cares about the Cavs or Wiz)

Armando
01-23-2008, 10:30 PM
suns shooting 57% FG and were at one point down by 20. Outrebounded 46-26. Jefferson has career night against Amare, he loves playing the Suns.

Thats just inexcusable. And again he had those silly fouls.

resistanze
01-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah pretty much and D'Antoni is having his usual hissy fit on the sideline.
Well, at least Amare was 14-15 from the field :lol

Unfortunately, he's usually spoon-fed by Nash and gives up at least as much points as he scores.

KidCongo
01-23-2008, 10:38 PM
on another note, big Z was out of his mind tonight 10-10. (Don't feel like making a separate thread cuz no on really cares about the Cavs or Wiz)

Cavs smashed Wiz

sribb43
01-23-2008, 10:41 PM
suns better hope they dont play the t-wolves in the playoffs

sribb43
01-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Big Al - 39 points 15 rebs....Amare has no answer

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080124/capt.6408dce724c04f34a5a462c6871e6a4b.suns_timberw olves_basketball_mnjm103.jpg

Armando
01-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Big Al - 39 points 15 rebs....Amare has no answer

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080124/capt.6408dce724c04f34a5a462c6871e6a4b.suns_timberw olves_basketball_mnjm103.jpg

D'Antoni got into Marion on 1 possession when Jefferson went by Amare to the rim.

sribb43
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
D'Antoni got into Marion on 1 possession when Jefferson went by Amare to the rim.

Ya i saw that...thought he was going after the refs but it was Marion, he was pissed

Findog
01-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Phoenix beating Minny last week was a fluke. The Suns just tried to shoot some shots on the T-Wolves.

Findog
01-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Time to head over to Arizona Sports Fans and gleefully lurk.

TDMVPDPOY
01-24-2008, 12:12 AM
big al should be on the spurs if his serious about being a winner

DazedAndConfused
01-24-2008, 02:02 AM
It really seems like the playoffs are gonna be all about matchups. Records won't mean shit. The Suns seem to do really well against the Spurs but poorly against teams with dominating interior players.

ludda
01-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Spurs are the worst matchup for the Suns. They would favor playing the Mavs and such.

anakha
01-24-2008, 04:44 AM
The Suns seem to do really well against the Spurs

but poorly against teams with dominating interior players.

Error, does not compute.

Findog
01-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Suns:T-Wolves as Mavs:Warriors

TDMVPDPOY
01-24-2008, 06:45 AM
if i were the bulls

try and trade for al jeff, that will solve there low post scoring....

ratm1221
01-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Suns:T-Wolves as Mavs:Warriors

I'm praying that the Mavs meet the Warriors again in the first round.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20061107/450election_cantwell_fingers.jpg

endrity
01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
me too, I think we know how to beat them this year, and a healthy Damp will certainly help. I just want us to exorcise our demons :)

hater
01-24-2008, 11:28 AM
The Suns seem to do really well against the Spurs

say what?? if there is a team the Suns don't want to face in the playoffs it's the SPurs

ratm1221
01-24-2008, 11:33 AM
say what?? if there is a team the Suns don't want to face in the playoffs it's the SPurs

As much as I hate agreeing with the hater, I concur.

Xylus
01-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Suns are now 5-5 on the 2nd game of back-to-backs.

I don't know why this team gives us so much problems. It really doesn't make any sense.

sribb43
01-24-2008, 12:11 PM
me too, I think we know how to beat them this year, and a healthy Damp will certainly help. I just want us to exorcise our demons :)

that wont happen till we win a championship..who cares if we beat GS in the 1st round then get bounced in the 2nd round

sribb43
01-24-2008, 12:12 PM

I don't know why this team gives us so much problems. It really doesn't make any sense.

its not like they are the warriors or anything

RonMexico
01-24-2008, 12:49 PM
D'Antoni is terrible at making adjustments - Hey, let's leave Barbosa in at point after he has 12 missed shots or turnovers in a row. Great idea.

Purple & Gold
01-24-2008, 12:56 PM

Huge minutes and short rotations will do that.

Findog
01-24-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5MaiZzxfRI

lol, the Suns

I know this is tongue in cheek, but there are a lot of suns fans still clenched up tight and biting their pillows

sribb43
01-24-2008, 01:10 PM

lol, the Suns

I know this is tongue in cheek, but there are a lot of suns fans still clenched up tight and biting their pillows

:lol

Medvedenko
01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Low post threat vs Suns weak front court....nuff said.

ludda
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM

lol, the Suns

There's one about Nowitzki's accent being fake.

Hopefully this whole Suns virtual locker room/mini movies or whatever the hell they're doing will up their ratings...blazers have been taking too much attention away lately.

RonMexico
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM

lol, the Suns

Well, let's not ignore Horry's comments at the beginning of this season and Cuban showing video clips in AAC of questionable calls during the 2006 WCF.

endrity
01-24-2008, 07:39 PM
are there more of these videos, youtube doesn't show any

Findog
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, let's not ignore Horry's comments at the beginning of this season and Cuban showing video clips in AAC of questionable calls during the 2006 WCF.

True, Mark Cuban is a bit nuts:

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2008/01/24/is-this-ethical-part-2/

DubMcDub
01-24-2008, 08:58 PM

Uh, you know Mark Cuban has literally nothing to do with what videos are shown at the AAC, right?

RonMexico
01-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Uh, you know Mark Cuban has literally nothing to do with what videos are shown at the AAC, right?

You're right... Avery Johnson is the one who sends videos to the league office and gets fined $250,000 on a consistent basis... and Josh Howard doesn't throw elbows to guy's heads in preseason games, Jason Terry doesn't have an affinity for Michael Finley's balls, and Humble Billy is the best PA announcer in the game.

RonMexico
01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
True, Mark Cuban is a bit nuts:

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2008/01/24/is-this-ethical-part-2/

I didn't have time to read all that or figure out why you linked it, but I've subscribed to GQ since 2001 and I have to say that the quality of their articles has gone downhill in the past 2-3 years. They used to write decent profiles of individuals, provide in-depth essays from freelance writers and were moderately, but not overtly political. Now, ever since the previous editor-in-chief (Art Cooper) stepped down, every article has to compete with Maxim in terms of low-brow humor, be "hip" and trendy like Cosmo or something, and has to rip on every conservative politician at least 30 times. Esquire has turned into a shit-rag in the same light and magazines may have jumped the shark in terms of their editors' inflated perception of themselves in the world.

That rant aside, I'm not surprised Cuban was the victim of someone's personal agenda.

Findog
01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
I didn't have time to read all that or figure out why you linked it, but I've subscribed to GQ since 2001 and I have to say that the quality of their articles has gone downhill in the past 2-3 years. They used to write decent profiles of individuals, provide in-depth essays from freelance writers and were moderately, but not overtly political. Now, ever since the previous editor-in-chief (Art Cooper) stepped down, every article has to compete with Maxim in terms of low-brow humor, be "hip" and trendy like Cosmo or something, and has to rip on every conservative politician at least 30 times. Esquire has turned into a shit-rag in the same light and magazines may have jumped the shark in terms of their editors' inflated perception of themselves in the world.

That rant aside, I'm not surprised Cuban was the victim of someone's personal agenda.

I linked to it because you made a comment about Cuban's anti-ref jihad and I thought it was another example of how he's always spoiling for a fight and can be a really whiny baby at times. It seems like he's making a mountain out of a molehill at best over the GQ thing. I appreciate that he is committed to fielding a winning team in Dallas, it's a welcome change from Ross Perot Jr., but sometimes his antics are embarrassing and aren't productive. I'm convinced to this day that his ref-bashing subconsciously at least effects the way Maverick games are officiated. I don't think the refs set out to screw the Mavs, but they probably aren't inclined to cut them any slack like they might another team. When it comes to Cuban, as a Mavs fan you have to take the good with the bad.

As for GQ and Esquire, let me just say that my own politics skew left and anti-Bush, but I can't stand talking politics, whether it's debating an opposing viewpoint or circle-jerking with like-minded people, and I certainly don't care for the media to spoonfeed me any lectures or sermons about how Bush and the conservatives are ruining this country. The people that put out those magazines live in an Ivory Tower bubble, and their contributions towards a better world end at writing mean things about politicians in front of a computer monitor. They aren't Cesar Chavez types, that's for sure.

RonMexico
01-24-2008, 11:59 PM
I linked to it because you made a comment about Cuban's anti-ref jihad and I thought it was another example of how he's always spoiling for a fight and can be a really whiny baby at times. It seems like he's making a mountain out of a molehill at best over the GQ thing. I appreciate that he is committed to fielding a winning team in Dallas, it's a welcome change from Ross Perot Jr., but sometimes his antics are embarrassing and aren't productive. I'm convinced to this day that his ref-bashing subconsciously at least effects the way Maverick games are officiated. I don't think the refs set out to screw the Mavs, but they probably aren't inclined to cut them any slack like they might another team. When it comes to Cuban, as a Mavs fan you have to take the good with the bad.

As for GQ and Esquire, let me just say that my own politics skew left and anti-Bush, but I can't stand talking politics, whether it's debating an opposing viewpoint or circle-jerking with like-minded people, and I certainly don't care for the media to spoonfeed me any lectures or sermons about how Bush and the conservatives are ruining this country. The people that put out those magazines live in an Ivory Tower bubble, and their contributions towards a better world end at writing mean things about politicians in front of a computer monitor. They aren't Cesar Chavez types, that's for sure.

I with you - whether I agree with what is written or not, this is the magainze I turn to escape the O'Reilly's, Olbermann's, Hannity's, Colmes, Colbert's, Stewart's, etc of the media... not the one I turn to for further agendas to be shoved down my throat.

I think it has nothing to do with my political beliefs - which are extremely moderate - but more at how fed up I am with the pettiness politics right now. I don't want to get into it too much, because a Minn vs Suns thread is not where we should delve deep into politics, but I'm sick of the "Obama, you voted 'present' 3 times while you were a Senator about abortion" "Hillary, your husband is an adulterer." The debates have just turned into a schoolyard popularity contest and it's indicative of how misdirected both staunch liberals and conservatives are right now. I'm glad they finally compromised on a stimulus plan that will increase our trade deficit by billions of dollars more (oh, wait...), but there's real issues out there they should focus on. Namely, the fact that Congress is wasting time and money to determine whether Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens did steriods when they should be interrogating the executives of major investment firms like Bear Stearns and Merrill Lynch who gave themselves over $39 billion in bonuses this year even though their greed and mismanagement has shook the worldwide financial markets and left millions of Americans from all walks of life homeless and in debt. Now, if they forced those guys to give up their $39 billion in this stimulus plan, that's something I could buy into...

Findog
01-25-2008, 12:11 AM
I think it has nothing to do with my political beliefs - which are extremely moderate - but more at how fed up I am with the pettiness politics right now. I don't want to get into it too much, because a Minn vs Suns thread is not where we should delve deep into politics, but I'm sick of the "Obama, you voted 'present' 3 times while you were a Senator about abortion" "Hillary, your husband is an adulterer." The debates have just turned into a schoolyard popularity contest and it's indicative of how misdirected both staunch liberals and conservatives are right now. I'm glad they finally compromised on a stimulus plan that will increase our trade deficit by billions of dollars more (oh, wait...), but there's real issues out there they should focus on. Namely, the fact that Congress is wasting time and money to determine whether Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens did steriods when they should be interrogating the executives of major investment firms like Bear Stearns and Merrill Lynch who gave themselves over $39 billion in bonuses this year even though their greed and mismanagement has shook the worldwide financial markets and left millions of Americans from all walks of life homeless and in debt. Now, if they forced those guys to give up their $39 billion in this stimulus plan, that's something I could buy into...

To that I will add that it seems more and more that politics is a complete shell game and it doesn't really matter which party has the White House and which party has Congress -- they both feed at the corporate trough and suck up to to the insurance companies, and they both have their own set of special interests that they pander to - for Democrats, it's trial lawyers, for Republicans, it's defense contractors , etc. And of course a politician is always going to choose to demagogue over an issue that does not affect people's day-to-day lives (pro athletes using roids? WGAF?) while ignoring economic issues that require nuance and can't be easily distilled into a 10-second soundbite.

Reggie Miller
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Don't forget the politicians' complete lack of respect for the rule of law and utter moral bankruptcy.

RonMexico
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Don't forget the politicians' complete lack of respect for the rule of law and utter moral bankruptcy.

The sad part is that all 3 of us intelligent posters only get one vote apiece...

I've determined that most of America is stupid... we could call them AmericaDynasty and extol the fluke primary victories for Hillary and McCain.

Even worse, non-politicians can't compete with the leading candidates when it comes to money and pandering... only reason Ross Perot ever stayed in the races in the 90s is because he had billions.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
D'Antoni is terrible at making adjustments - Hey, let's leave Barbosa in at point after he has 12 missed shots or turnovers in a row. Great idea.

I wish he would play Strawberry as the backup PG and let Barbosa play SG. Instead, he does the exact opposite!

And look at this Tribune quote: "D’Antoni defended Barbosa, saying he’s running the offense with limited options at times when Nash and Amaré Stoudemire are resting — especially with rookie D.J. Strawberry now getting minutes." (http://www.nba.com/suns/news/notebook_080125.html)

Well, if Strawberry was penetrating and creating and passing the ball, instead of shooting, he could be getting BARBOSA open shots.

RonMexico
01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I wish he would play Strawberry as the backup PG and let Barbosa play SG. Instead, he does the exact opposite!

And look at this Tribune quote: "D’Antoni defended Barbosa, saying he’s running the offense with limited options at times when Nash and Amaré Stoudemire are resting — especially with rookie D.J. Strawberry now getting minutes." (http://www.nba.com/suns/news/notebook_080125.html)

Well, if Strawberry was penetrating and creating and passing the ball, instead of shooting, he could be getting BARBOSA open shots.

I also like this quote from Coro's article in the Republic: Before Wednesday's game, Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said, "I like the way he's playing. He's trying. He'll do exactly what we say."

There's the problem right there... by giving him the backup PG responsibilities, they're saying the wrong things.

Shred
01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Dallas fan, your team pulled the biggest choke job in the history of the NBA last year. SIMMER DOWN.