PDA

View Full Version : I really wish the Spurs would've done something in the offseason...

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Oh wait, we did.
We have UDOKA. :smokin
I always believed from the beginning this guy was going to be great for us.
Aggressive D and can also put up some points if you dare to leave him open.
It justs boosts your confidence in the FO's decisions.

Don't you just love him? :elephant

exstatic
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Udoka is about my favorite Spur these days. You can just tell he's a REAL good fit here. He's got the combination of athleticism and mental toughness that we really need in our wings.

remingtonbo2001
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Agreed.

EDIT: I'm still waiting for Timvp to eat crow when he said a few weeks back that Ime WOULD NOT be a SIGNIFICANT factor this year! :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Uh, thank you. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1348080&postcount=9) :)

sprrs
01-23-2008, 11:40 PM
I love that Ime was playing so great that it allowed us to rest Bruce for the second half! Just another plus of having Ime finally catch on.

Ghost Writer
01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Maybe this is the swingman that I covet?

Free him or what?

ambchang
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Is Udoka the first Spur since Tony Parker to make a significant contribution to the team the first year he joined?

T Park
01-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Is Udoka the first Spur since Tony Parker to make a significant contribution to the team the first year he joined?
Offline | Online

As much as this goes against alot of what I said, Brent Barry made some good contributions his first season.

No matter what Rascal or anyone else will say.

exstatic
01-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Manu 2002-2003? That was post-Parker...

ClingingMars
01-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I heart Udoka!!!

-Mars

Louie Vega
01-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Udoka's cool!

baseline bum
01-25-2008, 01:51 AM

Manu and Bruce were huge difference makers, and even Hedo had his moments (too bad it was only in the regular season though). Nazr was nails in the playoffs in 05 also. Barry was huge in the Phoenix series his first year here, and did a great job running the backup point in game 7 of the Finals.

ambchang
01-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Manu 2002-2003? That was post-Parker...
Manu in 03 was more of a token guy. I recalled he was hurt most of the first half of the year. He did provide help vs. the Lakers though.
I probably should have added "in the regular season".
As for Barry, he really didn't get the system until sometime in the second year, and he was continuously suffering from a confidence point of view on his shot, until this year.

Ghost Writer
01-25-2008, 09:38 AM
I watched Udoka closely last night and I like the "urgency" he brings to the second squad.

If I had to critique his game, I would say that he is not that fluid... he plays kind of "boxy".

Perhaps Bowen can take him under his wing, because even though I am not a Bowen Blower®, I recognize that his perimeter defense is valuable.

I'm still coveting a young, versatile swingman with a smooth inside/outside game.

timvp
01-25-2008, 01:41 PM
If Ghost Writer would watch Udoka in a game where he wasn't on fire, he'd hop off that bandwagon as quickly as he hopped on.

I watched Udoka closely last night and I like the "urgency" he brings to the second squad.

If I had to critique his game, I would say that he is not that fluid... he plays kind of "boxy".

Perhaps Bowen can take him under his wing, because even though I am not a Bowen Blower®, I recognize that his perimeter defense is valuable.

I'm still coveting a young, versatile swingman with a smooth inside/outside game.

It Was Written.®

T Park
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm still coveting a young, versatile swingman with a smooth inside/outside game

You and probobly every other NBA team.