PDA

View Full Version : Tesoro

BigBeezie
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Anyone here know anything about Tesoro as an employer? Valero seems to get more publicity...so I'm just wondering how Tesoro compares.

If you work in the IT department or know someone that does, then that would help a lot.

Thanks!
Bee

2Blonde
01-24-2008, 03:55 AM
I'll answer you tomorrow but I'm going to bed now.

Beno Udrih
01-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Yeah me and 2Blonde are going to bed right now. She'll answer you tomorrow.

Sunshine
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
My sister, nephew and ex-husband all three work there, but not in the IT department. It's a great place to work, good benefits etc. They're getting ready to start construction on their new facility out at Redland Rd and 281.

BigBeezie
01-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Sounds like they're moving to the epicenter of traffic hell...

ploto
01-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah me and 2Blonde are going to bed right now. She'll answer you tomorrow.
:depressed :depressed

Sunshine
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Sounds like they're moving to the epicenter of traffic hell...

Yeah, it's going to be across Sonterra from Lifetime Fitness facing 281, so depending on where you're coming from, it could be pretty bad. If you live out in that area, it'll be a breeze. My sister lives out near Canyon Lake, so this will shave a good 20 minutes off her drive.

Right now they are in two locations because of the lack of space....the main building is on 281 near the Quarry and some employees are being housed in an office building on 281 & Jones Maltsburger near the airport.

BigBeezie
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
That drive would probably screw me. I live in Helotes near the shops at La Cantera.

Going to work could take 30 to 45 minutes and coming home could take just as long...

Sunshine
01-24-2008, 05:49 PM
That drive would probably screw me. I live in Helotes near the shops at La Cantera.

Going to work could take 30 to 45 minutes and coming home could take just as long...

Yeah...that would be a far drive.

2Blonde
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it's going to be across Sonterra from Lifetime Fitness facing 281, so depending on where you're coming from, it could be pretty bad. If you live out in that area, it'll be a breeze. My sister lives out near Canyon Lake, so this will shave a good 20 minutes off her drive.

Right now they are in two locations because of the lack of space....the main building is on 281 near the Quarry and some employees are being housed in an office building on 281 & Jones Maltsburger near the airport.

Actually those are just the 2 largest campuses. They have about 6 offices around town because they have outgrown their space. We are very happy about the new building because it will cut my husband's commute in half. We live by Canyon Lake.

Beezie,
My husband works in the IT Department and likes it, although he is very overworked right now. I don't know if they are hiring right now but it is most definitely a great place to work.

Sunshine
01-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Actually those are just the 2 largest campuses. They have about 6 offices around town because they have outgrown their space. We are very happy about the new building because it will cut my husband's commute in half. We live by Canyon Lake.

Beezie,
My husband works in the IT Department and likes it, although he is very overworked right now. I don't know if they are hiring right now but it is most definitely a great place to work.

I knew there were more than just the two, but only knew about the locations of the two that my family members work at.

My sister is soooo looking forward to the move since they live out in that direction. Their subdivision is across from Smithson Valley HS.

My boyfriend is looking at applying for a Project Manager position that's open in it right now.

2Blonde
01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Your sister lives right by me then. I live about 1 1/2 miles from the SVHS.

I just asked my husband and he said there is a project manager position open in IT. Is that the one your boyfriend is applying for? My husband is one of the Project Managers in that department.

BigBeezie
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
My current drive only takes 15 to 20 minutes....so I'm not sure I want that to change.

2Blonde: how many hours a week does your husband work?

Sunshine
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Your sister lives right by me then. I live about 1 1/2 miles from the SVHS.

I just asked my husband and he said there is a project manager position open in IT. Is that the one your boyfriend is applying for? My husband is one of the Project Managers in that department.

Yes, he hasn't submitted his resume or app yet, but is working on it.

I'll PM you later!