PDA

View Full Version : Peter Warrick cut from the Cleveland Gladiators

Thunder Dan
01-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I found this pretty funny in a 'where are they now' kind of way. I actually didn't even know we had an AFL team.

Remember him? Cleveland Gladiators waive Peter Warrick
Posted by From staff reports January 24, 2008 11:23AM

Peter Warrick played five mostly disappointing years with the Bengals.
Remember Peter Warrick, the speedy wide receiver who the Browns seriously considered with the No. 1 pick in the 2000 NFL Draft?

Turns out Cleveland's other professional football team, the Gladiators of the Arena Football League, were not interested either. They cut the former Florida State player, now 30 years old and trying to make a comeback in the Arena League.

Warrick last played in the NFL for Seattle in 2006. And, in case you forgot, the Browns selected Courtney Brown over Warrick and Lavar Arrington with the No. 1 pick in the 2000 NFL Draft.

O-Factor
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Peter Warrick, Damn its been a while since I heard that name. :lol

samikeyp
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
They moved to Cleveland from Vegas.

Damn, Pete....luckily you still have the Free Shoes. :lol

Duff McCartney
01-24-2008, 12:15 PM
The dude was a stud in college football. I don't know how he fell so far from grace. Guess he just wasn't cut out for the big times.

midgetonadonkey
01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
He should get together with Yatil Green and they can collaborate on a book about how to suck in the NFL.

florige
01-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Man I remember during the 2000 draft I think it was, I remember I was at work listening to the draft praying that the Ravens would have a chance to get him. Then I heard that the Bengals snatched him up and was pissed. So then we had to settle on Jamal Lewis..... And we all know what we accomplished that year...

Fillmoe
01-24-2008, 02:01 PM
lol back when he was drafted i was almost positive he was gonna be the next great WR..

i was wrong as fuck!

DaHorns
01-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I think I picked up his ass in FF a few years ago......

Always wondered what happened to him, if he was smart he would go out to LA or SF and see if he can get picked up.

J.T.
01-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Maybe if Indy has an AFL team, they can block the Gladiators from the playoffs by tanking their final game, too.

DaHorns
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Maybe if Indy has an AFL team, they can block the Gladiators from the playoffs by tanking their final game, too.
LMAO, that hits close to home......

Go Browns!!! :nutkick:

ShoogarBear
01-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Wonder if Warrick still gets the good discounts at Dillard's?

Doug Collins
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Wonder if Warrick still gets the good discounts at Dillard's?

All five fingers worth...

T Park
01-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Him and Akili Smith oughtta start up an AFL team here in SA.

exstatic
01-26-2008, 07:16 PM
The dude was a stud in college football. I don't know how he fell so far from grace. Guess he just wasn't cut out for the big times.
You don't have to run good routes in college. You can get by on athleticism alone. Warrick is proof that doesn't work in the NFL. He was really only ever good for returning kicks. If you "round the corner" instead of making a sharp, one step cut, you make it REAL easy for the DB to recover out of his backpedal and make a play on the ball.