PDA

View Full Version : "He's Manu Ginobilli"

SteelerSpurs
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
The quote of the year. Did anyone else cath Pop's Q and A to start the fourth quarter? Classic...

MaNuMaNiAc
01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Would love to see a clip of that

samikeyp
01-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Hilarious.

ancestron
01-24-2008, 03:06 PM
yes that was great. Pop always makes the media look like the douchebags they are.
the man simply does not suffer fools.

genomefreak13
01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
yeah...media has no answer to Pop but " FAIR ENOUGH"

nkdlunch
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Pop needs to run for president

ricketts
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
anyone have a clip? or a synopsis?

nkdlunch
01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
here is clip of between Fisher's legs pass

Oi0WlshTBnc

JamStone
01-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Ric Bucher is a horrible interviewer. He asks stupid questions all the time. He'll ask something like, "Kobe you were 8 for 12 and had 5 assists, you scored when you had to and got your teammates involved when you had to. How did you do that?"

The question to Pop that led to his "He's Manu" quote was something to the same effect. "Manu struggled in the first half. How did you know he was going to play well after struggling?"

He's a horrible interview.

Here are some questions I wouldn't be surprised to hear Bucher ask:

"Teams score when the basketball goes through the hoop. How does that happen?"

"When the pace got a little quicker for a few minutes stretch, you were noticeably breathing harder. Does that happen when you get tired?"

"When you were arguing with the official on that goal tend call, it appeared you disagreed with that call. Is that what happened?"

"My name is Ric but I spell it without a 'k.' Am I a fucking twat?"

Dex
01-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Ric Bucher is a horrible interviewer. He asks stupid questions all the time. He'll ask something like, "Kobe you were 8 for 12 and had 5 assists, you scored when you had to and got your teammates involved when you had to. How did you do that?"

The question to Pop that led to his "He's Manu" quote was something to the same effect. "Manu struggled in the first half. How did you know he was going to play well after struggling?"

"When the pace got a little quicker for a few minutes stretch, you were noticeably breathing harder. Does that happen when you get tired?"

"When you were arguing with the official on that goal tend call, it appeared you disagreed with that call. Is that what happened?"

"Sources tell me that team with the highest score when time runs out will win. How do you feel about this development?"

Borosai
01-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I missed it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Not only is Bucher a horrible interviewer (as are most of the sideline reporters - they ALL ask INANE questions), but he's also a candy-arsed Laker-lover.

I love the way that Pop gives these guys NO RESPECT - in fact, he barely hides his disdain for their jingoistic stupidity.

"He's Manu Ginobili..." and he said it in such an :rolleyes fashion, like Bucher was the biggest idiot on the planet.

Classic.

:flipoff Fuck you, Bucher.

GrandeDavid
01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I caught it with a catheter. Or did I cath is with a.... ;)

Kori Ellis
01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
My favorite Pop/reporter exchange ever was:

Reporter: You guys had 20 turnovers in the second half. (notice, no question has been asked)

Pop: (waits for an actual question) ... Yes, we did.

Reporter: Can you tell us a little more about that?

Pop: (roll eyes) ... I'm not sure I understand your question.

Reporter: The turnovers ... can you tell us more about them?

Pop: (snarl) ... What do you want to know? Which direction the ball bounced out of bounds? Does anyone here have an actual question?!!

:lmao

atxrocker
01-24-2008, 07:09 PM
that pop sure is a crazy guy

Sp Ginobili 20
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM

Reporter: You guys had 20 turnovers in the second half. (notice, no question has been asked)

Pop: (snarl) ... What do you want to know? Which direction the ball bounced out of bounds? Does anyone here have an actual question?!!

Genius! :lol

inconvertible
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM

pop must have an IQ around 250.....because that was absolutely genius.

DarkReign
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM

Fucking classic.

slayermin
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM

:lol I hope it was TJ Simers.

nkdlunch
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Pop also told Sagers, "how can you be professional and wear that suit..." that was my favorite

TampaDude
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM

:lmao Pop rules!!! :lmao

e20dylan
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM
i wonder why reporters even ask pop stupid questions anymore. they know whats coming

lefty
01-24-2008, 11:21 PM

milkyway21
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM

:lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao

that "Because HE's Manu Ginobili" post-game of Pop is maybe one of the hilarious for a long time.

The reporter who asked "and what makes you think Manu can bring you back up front, when he didn't have a good first half" shld. think what to ask Pop first before doing so again next time. :lol

bigfundamental21
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
here is clip of between Fisher's legs pass

Oi0WlshTBnc

That's Manu! Thanks for posting the clip.

T Park
01-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Or how about Vescey being Mr Know it all coach in the 03 Finals

"How come you didn't play Steve Kerr in the game tonight?"

"I didn't feel like it" (stare)

greens
01-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Pop also told Sagers, "how can you be professional and wear that suit..." that was my favorite

The funny thing is that Phil Jackson also made a similar comment about Sagers' clothing style just a few weeks ago, during one of the interviews....

Sp Ginobili 20
01-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Sagers wants to be made fun of. A person doesn't wear that just because!

Findog
01-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Not only is Bucher a horrible interviewer (as are most of the sideline reporters - they ALL ask INANE questions), but he's also a candy-arsed Laker-lover.

I love the way that Pop gives these guys NO RESPECT - in fact, he barely hides his disdain for their jingoistic stupidity.

"He's Manu Ginobili..." and he said it in such an :rolleyes fashion, like Bucher was the biggest idiot on the planet.

Classic.

:flipoff Fuck you, Bucher.

Something we can agree upon, despite being on opposite sides of the Mavs-Spurs rivalry. Bucher is a twatwaffle. He's also a big Phoenix knobgobbler as well, picks them to win the title every year. Eat a bag of dicks, Rick.

Guajalote
01-25-2008, 12:33 AM

A while back, I was looking through some old VCR tapes I have in my collection and I saw a videotape of Sager during the classic 1987(?) slam dunk contest between Jordan and Dominique.

If anyone has it, take a look at Sager's jacket then, and now. Back in the 80's, he wore a conservative jacket. Now, well, 'nuff said about his style. Too funny.

Louie Vega
01-25-2008, 04:03 AM
"His name is Manu.........Manu Ginobili.......he's got a bald spot he's my kinda guy" ! ~ song about Manu Ginobili from unknown artist.

m33p0
01-25-2008, 06:01 AM
He's Manu Ginobilli :rolleyes :lol

Solid D
01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
On the Pop-Sager encounter, TNT took that and ran with it with Ernie, Magic and Charles. For those who didn't see it, TNT kept showing closeups of Craig Sager's purple alligator shoes and then they even showed an altered photo of a bright purple alligator.

samikeyp
01-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Something we can agree upon, despite being on opposite sides of the Mavs-Spurs rivalry. Bucher is a twatwaffle. He's also a big Phoenix knobgobbler as well, picks them to win the title every year. Eat a bag of dicks, Rick.

"twatwaffle" :lmao :lmao :lmao

Dude, you are officially now my favorite Mavs fans.

Holy shit that was funny!

:tu

Taco
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
On the Pop-Sager encounter, TNT took that and ran with it with Ernie, Magic and Charles. For those who didn't see it, TNT kept showing closeups of Craig Sager's purple alligator shoes and then they even showed an altered photo of a bright purple alligator.

I took a screen shot but here it is

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4323/funkysuiths9.jpg

Nice Shoes :lol

MoSpur
01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I saw the jacket, but did not see the shoes. Hilarious.

Cherry
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I took a screen shot but here it is

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4323/funkysuiths9.jpg

Nice Shoes :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfz3XcqiNvg

Pop is NUTS :lmao :lmao :lmao

bdictjames
01-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I remember one interview like

"Pop, what are you gonna say after a horrible offensive first half?"

"Im not worried about the offense, Im worried about getting stops."

"What are you gonna do better offensively in the second half?"

"We have to make stops. Im not worrying about the offense"

I think it was against the Nuggets, but Pop sure sticks to his attitude.

Phenomanul
01-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Pop: "I'm blinded!!! I can't see the court!!! I'm blinded!!! I can't see the court!!!"

:lol

ancestron
01-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Anyone catch the pre-game the other night when they were asking him what his plan was in regards to Kobe?
"A plan? I'm a basketball coach, I don't have a plan. Usually before the game I ask him to be nice to us, he tells me to go to hell, then goes out and kills us."

BonnerDynasty
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfz3XcqiNvg

Pop is NUTS :lmao :lmao :lmao

Hey what was the story behind your sig pic? They were laughing at Bonner, but I didn't understand the caption under it when I saw it on another site...

:dizzy

milkyway21
01-25-2008, 09:51 PM
On the Pop-Sager encounter, TNT took that and ran with it with Ernie, Magic and Charles. For those who didn't see it, TNT kept showing closeups of Craig Sager's purple alligator shoes and then they even showed an altered photo of a bright purple alligator. :lol

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4323/funkysuiths9.jpgAwesome !!!

greens
01-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Check this out:
O8WkQGdM6qo

Around 1:02, Pop tells the ref "happy new year..." in a very sarcastic manner!