G: Dwyane Wade, Miami
G: Jason Kidd, New Jersey

Western Conference All-Star starters:

F: Tim Duncan, San Antonio
F: Carmelo Anthony, Denver
C: Yao Ming, Houston
G: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G: Allen Iverson, Denver

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50491/20080124/2008_all_star_starters_announced/

ludda
01-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I dont agree with Carmela and AI.

timvp
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
AI passing Tracy McGrady is great news for those who want either Ginobili or Parker to make the All-Star game. Their chances just got a lot better.

exstatic
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
So, people have figured out how phony the Suns are? How long until they figure out that Denver is a bunch of fucking posers?

Tippecanoe
01-24-2008, 07:31 PM

does it really matter??

ClingingMars
01-24-2008, 07:31 PM
if there was a 6th man role, Ginobili would be a shoe in

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
does it really matter??

you should be wondering why Allen isn't starting.

-Mars

exstatic
01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
AI passing Tracy McGrady is great news for those who want either Ginobili or Parker to make the All-Star game. Their chances just got a lot better.
Why is that? You still have Nash, CP3, and B-diddy on the outside, and that's just small guards.

Tippecanoe
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
you should be wondering why Allen isn't starting.

-Mars

i dont give a shit about the ASG.

timvp
01-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Why is that? Because if McGrady were the starter, AI was going to make the team. With AI the starter, McGrady doesn't make the team. So that opens up a guard spot.

Still going to be tough but if McGrady got a starting spot (he was top two in every return until this final one), it would have been close to impossible.

Obstructed_View
TMac getting voted in would have been a travesty. That opens up a deserving spot in the west.

WalterBenitez

Stern doesn't care and fans neither...

ludda
01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't give two shits about the ASG either, but doesn't mean I can't voice my opinions on who i think deserves it or not.

JamStone
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
It doesn't open a spot up, it just increases the chances for each of the guards that hope to make it. As mentioned, Nash and Paul look to make the team. After that, there is still most likely only one spot for Roy, Baron Davis, Manu, and Tony. It just gives those four players a little better chance. It doesn't open up a spot.

bdictjames
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
As long as Carter and Arenas dont go in. Im pretty okay with the starters, except Dwyane Wade, Jason Kidd, Carmelo, and AI are questionable.

ploto
01-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Carmelo got more votes than Duncan.

timvp
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
It doesn't open a spot up, it just increases the chances for each of the guards that hope to make it. As mentioned, Nash and Paul look to make the team. After that, there is still most likely only one spot for Roy, Baron Davis, Manu, and Tony. It just gives those four players a little better chance. It doesn't open up a spot.Uh, yeah it does.

Scenario 1 - McGrady voted as starter
Bryant in
McGrady in
Iverson in
Nash in
Paul, Ginobili, Parker, Davis, Roy and Williams for one spot

Bryant in
Iverson in
Nash in
Paul, Ginobili, Parker, Davis, Roy and Williams for two spots

timvp
01-24-2008, 07:58 PM
It doesn't open a spot up, it just increases the chances for each of the guards that hope to make it. As mentioned, Nash and Paul look to make the team. After that, there is still most likely only one spot for Roy, Baron Davis, Manu, and Tony. It just gives those four players a little better chance. It doesn't open up a spot.Actually, I didn't even need to go into all that. By your own words you proved it opened up a spot. The five guard spots with McGrady being voted in would have been McGrady, Bryant, AI, Nash and Paul. Now with McGrady not voted in, there is an open spot.

ploto
01-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Bryant in
Iverson in
Nash in
Paul, Ginobili, Parker, Davis, Roy and Williams for two spots
I think Paul gets in for sure.

timvp
01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I think Paul gets in for sure.If this is true (which I think it is), McGrady being voted into and playing in the All-Star game would have eliminated any chances for Ginobili or Parker to make the team.

JamStone
01-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I guess it's a matter of semantics. There were still 5 or 6 players vying for one spot. Now it's 4 or 5 players vying for one spot.

milkyway21
01-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Western Conference All-Star starters:

F: Tim Duncan, San Antonio
F: Carmelo Anthony, Denver
C: Yao Ming, Houston
G: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G: Allen Iverson, Denver

I just can't believe it. I think I predicted the right WC starter line-up months ago. :lol

congrats to Tim Duncan for making it again.

now, I'm praying either Manu or TP for making it.

I think there's a chance Manu will be there in New Orleans and make an appearance again this yr.

DieMrBond
01-24-2008, 08:42 PM
The biggest travesty in my mind is Wade and Kidd making the team - both those guys are on teams that suck ass - sure they are good players, but common? The heat are what, last in the league?

ludda
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
:lol Barkley didn't have any Mavs on his team (left Dirk off the reserves)

Nikos
01-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Umm Chris Paul is the best PG in the league right now and he doesn't get a start?

Heck aside from Lebron he has been the second best offensive player in the league this year. He is #2 in PER and has an awesome all around game while leading his team to the top of the West with just average talent. Horrible voting. Yes I know it is the fans, but just had to give Chris his props. He is playing ridiculously well this year.

Supergirl
01-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Kind of pathetic that Denver gets 2 players voted in and Dallas and Phoenix have no one. I would have taken Steve Nash instead of Iverson and Nowitzki instead of Anthony.

lefty
01-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Fuck !!

Chris Paul got robbed !!!! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

And Carmen Anthony ??? :pctoss

ludda
01-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Kind of pathetic that Denver gets 2 players voted in and Dallas and Phoenix have no one. I would have taken Steve Nash instead of Iverson and Nowitzki instead of Anthony.

Same. I would like to see Paul start. And Dirk (even Boozer) over Mela.

lefty
01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
CP3, Nash, Deron and Booze deserved to start.

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun :smchode: :makemyday

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
:lol are some people really that slow? If you whine about players who aren't starting and it means that much to you then go and VOTE for them and rally others to vote as well :drunk

Sheez its only a game, who cares who starts or even who plays coz its just an entertainment show.

angel_luv
01-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Yea Timmy! Congrats! :)

ShoogarBear
01-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Kobe, AI, and Carmelo?

LOL, no shots for the big men.

ShoogarBear
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Uh, yeah it does.

Bryant in
McGrady in
Iverson in
Nash in
Paul, Ginobili, Parker, Davis, Roy and Williams for one spot

Bryant in
Iverson in
Nash in
Paul, Ginobili, Parker, Davis, Roy and Williams for two spotsPaul has a spot locked up as much as any guy in the league.

peskypesky
01-24-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm glad AI made it. I've been voting for him every time.

Carmelo, on the other hand.....

Brutalis
01-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I agree even those personally I think they are assholes.

BonnerDynasty
01-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm confused...

Did AI and Melo both get traded to HOU???

TDMVPDPOY
01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
cp3 should get the starting spot imo

guys like boozer/deron are struggling

nash he be there

no one else on the suns team deserve to be at the ASG

roycrikside
01-25-2008, 05:52 AM
TimVP is right, having AI voted in as a starter is excellent news for those of us who want Manu on the All-Star team. Not only does it take T-Mac's bullshit spot away, but essentially with two shooting guards voted starters, it opens up the door for Manu to be the "reserve" shooting guard for the West roster. I really don't think they're going to have every backup guard on the team be a point, that'd be overkill.

The way I see it, his competition for a spot is Roy or maybe Camby, if they go with three centers.

IMO the backups will be Amare, Dirk, Boozer, Nash, Paul, Manu, and the last spot is up for grabs between Davis, Camby and Marion.

I think Tony's heel injury and his disappointing play for the past month has killed any chances of him making the team. He is clearly the 5th best point guard in the West right now, and that's just not good enough.

mathbzh
01-25-2008, 08:14 AM
CP3, Nash, Deron and Booze deserved to start.

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun :smchode: :makemyday

CP3, Nash, Deron? why not CP3, Nash, Deron, Ginobili (or TP, or BD) and Kobe starting?

Texas_Ranger
01-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Carmelo had more votes than TD?? :madrun:madrun

At least Duncan will start the game.:rollin

MadDog73
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Carmelo had more votes than TD?? :madrun:madrun

At least Duncan will start the game.:rollin

We can always blame it on the Center / Forward fiasco.