PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Spurs players...

Clandestino
01-03-2005, 09:22 PM
or any other USA NBA players place their right hand over their heart during the singing of the National Anthem? I can understand the foreign players, but what is with the USA players? Is there some league rule that they have to have their hands behind their backs and heads down like they are mourning?

Kori Ellis
01-03-2005, 09:24 PM
All the Mavericks have their hands of their hearts. So there's no league rule against it. I guess it's just personal preference.

Bandit2981
01-03-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah WTF was wrong with david robinson and coach pop, how dare those unpatriotic bastards stand at attention for the anthem instead of placing their hand over their heart! :rolleyes

Clandestino
01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
yeah WTF was wrong with david robinson and coach pop, how dare those unpatriotic bastards stand at attention for the anthem instead of placing their hand over their heart! :rolleyes

standing at attention is different than standing with your legs spread open, hands behind your back, head down, swaying left and right...

military folks not in uniform stand at attention during the anthem, in uniform, obviously they hold a salute.

exstatic
01-03-2005, 10:20 PM
standing at attention is different than standing with your legs spread open, hands behind your back, head down, swaying left and right...
Here's a clue: players warm up, and they're trying to stay warm.

Rummpd
01-03-2005, 10:27 PM
It still sucks - they should not diss the anthem of the US or any other country.

Spurs actually better than most in this regard.

MadDoc

Bandit2981
01-03-2005, 10:35 PM
how is bowing your head and closing your eyes disrespectful?? damn, some people need to get a life...its not like they are scratching their nuts or picking at their ass for crying out loud

SequSpur
01-03-2005, 11:51 PM
I agree with this topic.

They should stand at attention of place their hand over their heart.

But.............

WGAF.