PDA

View Full Version : Jigsaw (Saw) vs John Doe (Se7en).....

florige
01-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Spoilers....

Which character in your opinion was the most vicious? After watching Saw IV I was going with Jigsaw hands down. But then I started thinking while his traps were sadistic and in most cases if they didn't kill you left you permanantly disfigured somehow, he never did actually kill anyone. Then you look at John Doe cutting off people heads and mailing it to their spouses. Who do you think?

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Despite never having seen a single of the Saw films and, therefore, being completely unqualified to give my opinion... I'm still going to go with John Doe.

scott
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM
John Doe, thanks to infinitely better screenwriters. Diabolical monologues > lame monologues.

florige
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Despite never having seen a single of the Saw films and, therefore, being completely unqualified to give my opinion... I'm still going to go with John Doe.

I know that you have probably heard my now that the Saw movies are really gory, which I won't deny. But I will say this, other than the Saw III they all at the end had you going WTF... Saw III imo wasn't as good as the first two, but they rebounded well with number IV. They will keep you on the edge of your seat. They are not just random slasher flicks, the storylines are actually really good.

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I know that you have probably heard my now that the Saw movies are really gory, which I won't deny. But I will say this, other than the Saw III they all at the end had you going WTF... Saw III imo wasn't as good as the first two, but they rebounded well with number IV. They will keep you on the edge of your seat. They are not just random slasher flicks, the storylines are actually really good.I've heard both good and bad from several people whose opinions I trust, but I know how much of a pussy I am when it comes to horror and have decided to stay away for that reason.

I don't mind gore. I don't mind suspense. I don't mind psychological thrillers. But the cheap scares and creepy imagery really gets to me.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Rented Planet Terror the other night.

Excellent.

And John Doe by a mile.

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Rented Planet Terror the other night.

Excellent.
:tu

Forgot to qualify that I also like horror if it's funny.

florige
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
I've heard both good and bad from several people whose opinions I trust, but I know how much of a pussy I am when it comes to horror and have decided to stay away for that reason.

I don't mind gore. I don't mind suspense. I don't mind psychological thrillers. But the cheap scares and creepy imagery really gets to me.

Fair enough. :lol Thats how I am about those demonized movies. Your Exorcist, Omen, Grudge, all those movies where people are possessed, or they start seeing these creepy images of dead people I stay way from. I don't know how I made it all the way through "Fallen". I got caught up in the storyline and couldn't get that freakin Stones song out of my head for weeks.

01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Sleepaway Camp freaked me out as a kid. The whole chick with a dick thing I didn't understand at the time.

I cried during The Thing. And after. And a few days after that.

Good thing my brothers took me when I was 7.

florige
01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Sleepaway Camp freaked me out as a kid. The whole chick with a dick thing I didn't understand at the time.

I cried during The Thing. And after. And a few days after that.

Good thing my brothers took me when I was 7.

The Thing was pretty freakin gross.

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm just way too prone to nightmares and have been since I was a kid. Too active an imagination, I think -- I know it's not real, but completely freak myself out with the what if's.

florige
01-24-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm just way too prone to nightmares and have been since I was a kid. Too active an imagination, I think -- I know it's not real, but completely freak myself out with the what if's.

Yeah thats the thing. The Exorcist was based on a true story....

01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
I flinch when watching horror movies now. Sometimes, I have to mute the TV and turn away.

I guess that's what happens when you view that type of thing at such a young age. And possibly the reason I don't like going to the movies to this day.

I'm scarred.

Or just a pussy.

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:33 PM
And it's usually the idea of being surprised by something that freaks me out, for some reason. The idea of opening a closet and having a monster, or a killer, or a clown, or... whatever jump out at me (for example) is what really gets me.

If it's science fiction or involves encountering a creature on their planet or something like that, I'm okay. I just really don't like the idea of something/someone getting into my house or my car.

florige
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
A clown? :lol Most of the time I prepare myself when watching certain horror flicks. Say for instance the Final Destination's. I know that there are going to be alot of suprises in them. So I already have myself prepared when I'm watching them.

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
A clown? :lol

Hell yeah, a clown!

In my entire 29 years, I've never had a single nightmare that didn't have at least one of those fuckers somewhere.

01-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Don't fuck with the clowns, man.

Ever read It?

ShoogarBear
01-24-2008, 11:42 PM
:tu

Forgot to qualify that I also like horror if it's funny.You mean like spiders with clowns?

ShoogarBear
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Dammit, I was too late sending in the clown. :madrun

florige
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Hell yeah, a clown!

In my entire 29 years, I've never had a single nightmare that didn't have at least one of those fuckers somewhere.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :rollin

Melmart1
01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
I never thought clowns were scary until I saw Poltergeist as a child. That clown that tries to drag Robbie under the bed ... nightmare for weeks. More than anything else in the movie.

Luckily I am over it now. I think.

Marklar MM
01-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I hate being awake late at night with the lights off. Its when the ghosts come out and start making noises in the house.

01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I hate being awake late at night with the lights off. Its when the ghosts come out and start making noises in the house.

Pussy.

ShoogarBear
01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
http://stuff.mit.edu/people/thebeast/Dave/EvilClown.jpg

Marklar MM
01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Pussy.

LOL. I am honestly freaked out by the thought of ghosts in my house.

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:54 PM
I never thought clowns were scary until I saw Poltergeist as a child. That clown that tries to drag Robbie under the bed ... nightmare for weeks. More than anything else in the movie.

Luckily I am over it now. I think.Clowns were ruined for me when I heard about John Wayne Gacy. Their frequent use in horror movies/stories didn't help, but I was already creeped out by them before I even saw any of that.

I can handle circus clowns, kind of. After all, they have to go to college. But the low rent carnival/birthday party clowns? Keep those fuckers the fuck away from me.

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:55 PM
I hate you, Shoog.

florige
01-24-2008, 11:55 PM
http://stuff.mit.edu/people/thebeast/Dave/EvilClown.jpg

Who the hell is that retard??? :lol

florige
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM

Easy, get a nite lite.

Dex
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Okay, glad I opened this fucking post right before bed. :(

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Who the hell is that retard??? :lolAnd I hate you for quoting it.

Fuck!

Great B movie right here:

http://content8.flixster.com/skin/profile/87/25/20/8725206_profile_mbox_background.jpg

ShoogarBear
Clowns were ruined for me when I heard about John Wayne Gacy. Their frequent use in horror movies/stories didn't help, but I was already creeped out by them before I even saw any of that.

I can handle circus clowns, kind of. After all, they have to go to college. But the low rent carnival/birthday party clowns? Keep those fuckers the fuck away from me.Did you ever see Capturing the Friedmans? It's a documentary that was originally supposed to be about the top children's clown in NYC, and then they found out both his brother and father had been convicted of child molestation, and the documentary instead went into the whole sordid family history.

marini martini

Luckily I am over it now. I think.

I think you mean "It"! :toast

Goofyball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CuckingFunt
01-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Okay.

::wipes hands blackjack style::

I'm out.

florige
01-24-2008, 11:59 PM
And I hate you for quoting it.

Fuck!

Please Funt. He looks more stupid than scary... :lol

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Who the hell is that retard??? :lolA visitor from Google.

Dex
http://www.razorapple.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/pennywise-clown-it.jpg

We all float down here....

CuckingFunt
Did you ever see Capturing the Friedmans? It's a documentary that was originally supposed to be about the top children's clown in NYC, and then they found out both his brother and father had been convicted of child molestation, and the documentary instead went into the whole sordid family history.No. The name's familiar, but I never knew what it was about.

CuckingFunt
01-25-2008, 12:01 AM
And now I hate me for responding to Shoog's post.

Melmart1
01-25-2008, 12:01 AM

Goofyball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I meant what I fucking said you stupid alcoholic cunt.

florige
01-25-2008, 12:03 AM
http://www.razorapple.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/pennywise-clown-it.jpg

We all float down here....

How in the heck did this thread switch from Jigsaw and John Doe, to freakin clowns??? :lol That one does look scary. That is the clown from "It". Sorry to keep quoting these images funt.

CuckingFunt
01-25-2008, 12:05 AM
How in the heck did this thread switch from Jigsaw and John Doe, to freakin clowns??? :lol That one does look scary. That is the clown from "It". Sorry to keep quoting these images funt.It's okay. I'm the dumbass that keeps coming in here.

But it really does freak me out. I've got goosebumps going right now like you wouldn't believe.

Dex
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM

Goofyball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poltergeist had a clown, too.

r42na3sNB30

But the tree of death and skeleton swimming pool used to creep me out more.

You people sure know how to tell a fuckin' bedtime story.

atxrocker
i remember watching IT when i was a kid. movie scared the shit out of me. caused me to fear clowns for a while.

marini martini
How in the heck did this thread switch from Jigsaw and John Doe, to freakin clowns??? :lol That one does look scary. That is the clown from "It". Sorry to keep quoting these images funt.

THANK YOU FLO :toast

FU, Mel :lol

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 12:07 AM
It's okay. I'm the dumbass that keeps coming in here.

But it really does freak me out. I've got goosebumps going right now like you wouldn't believe.You should submit pics to the "Who has the biggest goosebumps" thread.

T Park
01-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Im the same way, I've never been able to watch scary movies, anything. Hell I cant even go in a haunted house.

The one scary movie I ever saw was Gothika, and I had nightmares for 3 weeks after that damn thing.

Thank god Halle Berry was in it lightening the load :lol

CuckingFunt
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I had to think about it after this thread, because it's not ALL horror that bothers me.

The more I think about it, I think it's specifically the threat of something/someone getting to me on my turf. Even as a kid I was never particularly scared by the Alien films, for example. They startled me and made me jump, but ultimately I knew that a) there was no chance I'd ever be poking around on an alien planet; and b) if I ever did decide to piss of some aliens in their home, I deserve what I get.

T Park
01-25-2008, 01:23 AM
I knew Freddy Krueger wasn't real, but still, thinking of that fucker has always frightened me.

703 Spurz
01-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Pussy.

+1

batman2883
01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Id Have To Go With Sylar

florige
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Id Have To Go With Sylar

Who?

batman2883