01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Miami

8 WINS
33 LOSSES

Lost 15

0-10

real question is

who?

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/19/fullj.68af72ad32415b5bc5ccc89cfb6722e1/68af72ad32415b5bc5ccc89cfb6722e1-getty-78222659jf012_ucla_v_oregon.jpg

or

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Jul-23-Sun-2006/photos/mayo.jpg

or

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0606/gallery.heat/images/Seikaly.jpg

I cant believe they have lost 15 straight, that is amazing.

AS BAD AS THE Talent less MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES?????????? damn

Heath Ledger
01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Oh how the mighty have fallen....

m33p0
01-25-2008, 08:19 AM
I cant believe they have lost 15 straight, that is amazing.
yup. 2 short of their franchise record of 17. i think they have a chance of topping that this season, which isn't exactly a good thing.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
How about that Dwayne Wade? He's the next Jordan. Lolz.

spurscenter
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
adam

tell me more about love

ancestron
01-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I am just surprised to see Pat Riley still showing his face in public.

spurscenter
01-25-2008, 10:58 AM
cool gif of manu, love it....i stole it!

Reggie Miller
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM
adam

tell me more about love

Well, when a team's FO likes a college player very, very much, there is a special feeling they get. It's a mixture of anticipation, longing, and frankly, physical attraction. Love is precious, and when you have it, you'll do nearly anything to keep that special gift alive.

Of course, when a team's FO loves a player very, very much, they try to express that love. That's a subject that you should probably discuss with your parents or a teacher.

spurscenter
01-25-2008, 11:45 AM
holy shit. lol

LEONARD
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Just more proof of what a fluke it was in the '06 Finals...

BacktoBasics
01-25-2008, 12:07 PM
This team has tradable players that would really fit well on a few midlevel and contending teams. I don't understand why they don't just start fire selling some contracts for prospects and picks. This team could be turned around in 2 years if they start making some moves.

Mark in Austin
01-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm shocked Pat Riley hasn't come up with a reason to step away from the bench for 20 or so games yet.

BacktoBasics
01-25-2008, 12:42 PM
He definately needs to move on. The team shouldn't be this bad.

KFRebel
01-25-2008, 12:51 PM
2 unfunny factors.

1. The Ricky Davis curse. Anything he touches turns into crap.
2. DWade doesn't look good with an aging center now, does he?

MoSpur
01-25-2008, 12:54 PM
They have to deal with injuries first of all. Second of all, they don't want to give the ball to Shaq. The guy is still a huge presence and can get the other team in foul trouble. He stinks at shooting FTs, but his presence alone makes a difference. Not as much as before, but still. They let their 3-pt shooters walk and didn't replace them.

DazedAndConfused
01-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Anyone think the Heat are PURPOSEFULLY TANKING? I mean cmon if they get a #1 draft pick they could jump right back into contention.

KFRebel
01-25-2008, 01:10 PM
They're tanking but that's not going to put them in the picture that early.

Medvedenko
01-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Don't feel bad for them...they still have a wonderful talent in dwhistle and once they get out of Shaq's contract, they can rebuild around Wade. Get a high draft pick, get rid of Ricky Buckets, and J Will, and they'll be fine. There's life after shaq.....

lefty
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
A hall of fame coach with 15 straight losses.

Ouch

baseline bum
01-25-2008, 01:47 PM

Just more proof of what a choke it was in the '06 Finals...

baseline bum
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Anyone think the Heat are PURPOSEFULLY TANKING? I mean cmon if they get a #1 draft pick they could jump right back into contention.

Maybe. They sure as hell should.

san antonio spurs
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Maybe. They sure as hell should.
been there done that :smokin
Now what they need is WF prospect.

NBA Junkie
01-25-2008, 03:06 PM

Not really.

They gambled on vets with a short window of opportunity and it paid off.

Most sensible fans knew this team would start falling off due to age, but didn't figure it would happen so quickly.

How's that trade for Davis and Blount look now for Miami? Davis is a soon to be free agent, but they're still stuck with Blount's long term deal and they owe Minnesota a future draft pick.

JamStone
01-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Um..having the worst record doesn't indicate you getting the number one pick look at Portland and Seattle last year!

Or more importantly Boston and Memphis, who did tank.

Flo-Rida
01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
It is what it is

hater
01-25-2008, 04:33 PM
a disgrace

spurscenter
01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
The rise and fall: Heat have plummeted since '06 NBA championship
By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
January 25, 2008

MIAMI (AP) -- Dwyane Wade stands at his locker after yet another loss, looking perfect.

The collar is razor-crisp. The vest matches the precisely knotted tie. The massive diamond earrings sparkle in the light. And when cameras point his way, he says the right things about focus and determination and defense and playing hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
It's a mirage.

For the bright lights, he smiles and tells a joke or two. But inside, he's distraught, like everyone else in the Miami Heat organization.

The season is only half over, but Miami -- after 15 consecutive losses -- is done.

And Wade, the 2006 NBA finals MVP, isn't ashamed to say how much this free fall is hurting him.

"You know it is," Wade says, quietly, after the room has emptied. "I'm a competitor. Are there times where I want to come out and explode? Yes. But what is that going to do? What will that do for your team, in the locker room? I won't call anybody out because I have bad games and miss shots too. So I'm just focused on us turning this around, somehow."

Less than two years from winning a championship, the Heat are 8-33. No team has fallen so far, so fast and so surprisingly from the NBA's champion perch.

"I keep trying to lift myself up every day," Miami coach Pat Riley said.

For Riley and everyone else on the Heat payroll, that's the toughest task.

Championship teams have skidded to the NBA basement before, even faster than Miami's descent. The 1997-98 Chicago Bulls went 62-20 on the way to winning their sixth and final title of the Michael Jordan era there, then won only 45 games combined in the next three years.

That was expected after Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Phil Jackson left immediately after the last title.

This is different.

The star core of Miami's title run -- Wade, Riley and Shaquille O'Neal -- is still here. So, too, are Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem and Alonzo Mourning, all having played major roles in the championship season.

But Mourning's season ended after a tendon blew out in December. O'Neal is sidelined with hip and leg injuries. And all the role players who came up so big for Miami in '06 -- Antoine Walker, James Posey, Gary Payton -- were either traded or not re-signed.

Something obviously worked that year.

Nothing has really worked since. The Heat got swept from the playoffs last year in the opening round, will need maybe the biggest miracle in sports history just to reach the postseason this year and even Riley will acknowledge he's made some personnel blunders since winning that title.

"We got comfortable, maybe? Didn't work as hard? I hope that's not the case," said Haslem, the Miami native and captain. "I know on the outside looking in, it's probably the conclusion that people will draw from that."

Miami is last in the league in scoring and free-throw shooting, and hasn't eclipsed the 100-point mark since Dec. 28 -- 12 games ago, the longest drought in the NBA. The 15 straight losses are two shy of matching the franchise record and nine shy of tying Cleveland's league-record mark.

But, maybe most surprisingly, the locker room can still be an upbeat place.

"The guys have done a great job of staying together," said center Mark Blount, who came to Miami from Minnesota just before the season. "Everybody's on the same page. Now we just need to go about our daily business and try to get it done."

For as bad as this is, Riley has been through worse.

As a player, anyway.

As a rookie with the San Diego Rockets, Riley's team closed the 1967-68 season by dropping 32 of their final 33 games. Losing streaks of 17 and 15 games were somehow separated by a win over Wilt Chamberlain's Philadelphia 76ers.

He's about to become a Hall of Famer and has more championship rings than he can comfortably fit on one hand. Still, Riley seems baffled.

"I've tinkered like Tinkerbell's ever tinkered," Riley said. "I've sprinkled more stardust around this team with players and given them more opportunities than I ever have."

Riley won't sign someone in a grandstanding effort to seem like this season can be saved.

"I think we're a little beyond that right now," he said.

And since he's in the dual role of coach and president, Riley is also charged with the task of the long-range plan.

The Heat are over NBA's luxury tax threshold at this point, and will certainly hear offers from a number of playoff contenders looking to add a piece before the trading deadline next month. The most obvious option is the most simple: Clear some cap space, add an immediate-impact free agent this summer, get a key draftee from the lottery and -- voila! -- become a contender again for 2008-09.

It could happen.

Of course, there's also that matter of 41 more games to get through this season.

"We won a championship and that was then," Wade said. "And now we've got to try to fight to win another win. And that's the main thing. When you win one, it's great, but the next year you've got to move on. So we won it and it'll never be taken away from us. But we've got to try to get back to that point again."

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
We should take awmyplace and REDLION off the ban list.

Armando
01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
They have to tank if they make the playoffs McHale gets their pick. McHale with a draft pick is scary.