PDA

View Full Version : Pheonix Suns= pure cry babies

Thunder Dan
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Us living in the east don't get to see the Suns too often, but I'm watching them play the Cavs tonight and they are a bunch of babies. Our announcers are even laughing saying that they will run a guy over and complain about how there was no foul. They are what they are: pussies. They don't play defense like men, and they cry and cry when the refs don't give them every call. I now understand why most S.A. fans hate the Suns

BonnerDynasty
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
I hate them b/c they disrespect the Spurs and the media hypes them up to be the messiah of the NBA.

Maybe not "hate". I'll "hate" them once they knock us out.

SAtown
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Welcome aboard.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 09:13 PM
LOL @ the basket mikes in the Q.

Everytime a shot hits the rim, it sounds like somebody's banging a garbage can.

Thunder Dan
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
LOL @ the basket mikes in the Q.

Everytime a shot hits the rim, it sounds like somebody's banging a garbage can.

I was just thinking about that

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Mike D'Antoni: caps or veneers?

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Two point-blank chokes by LeBron.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Almost 3!

Flight3107
01-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Cavs blow it

JamStone
01-25-2008, 09:37 PM
whiners but winners

Armando
01-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Suns beat a team they were suppose to.

Xylus
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Suns beat a team they were suppose to.
:lol

vicphoenix
01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Us living in the east don't get to see the Suns too often, but I'm watching them play the Cavs tonight and they are a bunch of babies. Our announcers are even laughing saying that they will run a guy over and complain about how there was no foul. They are what they are: pussies. They don't play defense like men, and they cry and cry when the refs don't give them every call. I now understand why most S.A. fans hate the Suns

Look at what we have here! A Cavs fan looking for support from Spurs fans. Do you realize that whining happens among all NBA teams? If you don't whine, you won't get calls.

ducks
01-25-2008, 10:46 PM
James scored 36 points to lead the Cavaliers, but the All-Star missed a 3-pointer and a pair of inside shots in the waning minutes. After leaving the floor, James, who was just 6-of-16 in the second half, kicked a trash can in disgust on his way to Cleveland's locker room.

ducks
01-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Two point-blank chokes by LeBron.
James scored 36 points to lead the Cavaliers, but the All-Star missed a 3-pointer and a pair of inside shots in the waning minutes. After leaving the floor, James, who was just 6-of-16 in the second half, kicked a trash can in disgust on his way to Cleveland's locker room.

Armando
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM

So he pulled a Dirk?

ducks
01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
But it was Hughes and not James who countered for Cleveland, scoring 10 points in the final 4:02 to give the Cavaliers a three-point lead entering the fourth.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2008, 11:00 PM
:lol @ the ducks-bot.

RonMexico
01-26-2008, 01:53 AM

Tonight was a particularly bad night probably because they got blown out by the T-Wolves a few nights ago.

You can't tell me that you didn't see Varejao flop or complain about calls at least a half-dozen times in that game and LeBron definitely complained about a few (legit) ones near the end as well. You can't have Varejao flop all around the court and then call a travel on Nash when Wild Thing puts his knee right in Nash's path.

And yeah, I heard your boys going off on them because League Pass was showing the FSN Ohio broadcast. Don't forget, however, that Varejao's antics angered Pop enough to get him tossed out of the Q last year. Still, it comes from the top down and D'Antoni complains way too much.. so does Mark Cuban which is why you see Dirk and J-Ho bitching so much all the time.

icem
01-26-2008, 02:01 AM
So he pulled a Dirk?

:lol

Thunder Dan
01-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Tonight was a particularly bad night probably because they got blown out by the T-Wolves a few nights ago.

You can't tell me that you didn't see Varejao flop or complain about calls at least a half-dozen times in that game and LeBron definitely complained about a few (legit) ones near the end as well. You can't have Varejao flop all around the court and then call a travel on Nash when Wild Thing puts his knee right in Nash's path.

And yeah, I heard your boys going off on them because League Pass was showing the FSN Ohio broadcast. Don't forget, however, that Varejao's antics angered Pop enough to get him tossed out of the Q last year. Still, it comes from the top down and D'Antoni complains way too much.. so does Mark Cuban which is why you see Dirk and J-Ho bitching so much all the time.

D'Antoni just thinks that his team is incapable of making a single foul. The only one that didn't complain much was Barbosa, and the biggest bitch of the all was Raja Bell. It's not just the so called flops, it's every single foul. They could push someone into the 3rd row and still argue they got hit first, and D'Antoni would throw his hands up and show off those fake teef of his and cry about it for the rest of the game.

Shred
01-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I, for one, am shocked--SHOCKED, I tell you, that there is flopping, whining, or crying in the NBA. This is almost as shocking as a young hollywood actor overdosing on drugs. Almost as shocking as a Cavs fan whining like a little bitch because his team lost. :cry

Thunder Dan
01-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I, for one, am shocked--SHOCKED, I tell you, that there is flopping, whining, or crying in the NBA. This is almost as shocking as a young hollywood actor overdosing on drugs. Almost as shocking as a Cavs fan whining like a little bitch because his team lost. :cry

I started the thread when we were up 13, and frankly I don't give a shit the Cavs lost, I was just making an observation

1Parker1
01-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Suns are big time whiners...but more so than anything it stems from the Coach and his overdramatic reactions after every call.

Every team in the NBA whines and bitches to refs about calls. Even the Spurs...Duncan/Pop/Parker are famous for it. However, difference is they don't go around flailing there arms on the sidelines, stomping their feet like a petulant 7 year old. Eventually, they do get over the bad calls and just decide to play through it. That's what the Suns need to learn to do...but it starts with D'Antoni.

ThomasGranger
01-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Biggest difference is that the Spurs don't continue bitching about the calls after the game.

cornbread
01-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I endorse this thread.

RonMexico
01-26-2008, 11:56 AM
D'Antoni just thinks that his team is incapable of making a single foul. The only one that didn't complain much was Barbosa, and the biggest bitch of the all was Raja Bell. It's not just the so called flops, it's every single foul. They could push someone into the 3rd row and still argue they got hit first, and D'Antoni would throw his hands up and show off those fake teef of his and cry about it for the rest of the game.

Barbosa is quite an enigma... he's probably the only South American in the league that doesn't whine or flop.

RonMexico
01-26-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm kind of just throwing this out there, though, but I thought the basket on the right side of the court (Suns shooting at it in the 1st half; Cavs in the 2nd) was acting funny all night. When the Cavs got up in the 1st half, the Suns couldn't hit shit down there and then in the 2nd half, LeBron had 2 shots that just inexplicably flew out of the basket. With the noise those rims were making all game, I just wonder...

Nash2Amare
01-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Barbosa, Marion, Hill, Diaw, Skinner are the most laid back.
They don't complain much at all, really.

Nash, Amare, Raja like to argue calls a lot.

Xylus
01-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Nash is probably the worst at complaining about calls, Raja is a close 2nd, and Amare usually has a legitimate gripe. They call so many ticky-tacky, pointless fouls against Amare, it's ridiculous.

Fillmoe
01-26-2008, 02:50 PM
o before e

vicphoenix
01-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Nash is probably the worst at complaining about calls, Raja is a close 2nd, and Amare usually has a legitimate gripe. They call so many ticky-tacky, pointless fouls against Amare, it's ridiculous.

There's a legitimate reason why Nash complains alot. He complains because he gets the fewest calls of any star player in the NBA. How does a point guard who gets into the paint like he can only get three free throw attempts on average per game? Allen Iverson is the same size as Nash and seems to get 10 to 15 free throw attempts a game.

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm kind of just throwing this out there, though, but I thought the basket on the right side of the court (Suns shooting at it in the 1st half; Cavs in the 2nd) was acting funny all night. When the Cavs got up in the 1st half, the Suns couldn't hit shit down there and then in the 2nd half, LeBron had 2 shots that just inexplicably flew out of the basket. With the noise those rims were making all game, I just wonder...I thought the noise was just how they had them miked, but they did sound funny, especially at the end you pointed out.

exstatic
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
There's a legitimate reason why Nash complains alot. He complains because he gets the fewest calls of any star player in the NBA. How does a point guard who gets into the paint like he can only get three free throw attempts on average per game? Allen Iverson is the same size as Nash and seems to get 10 to 15 free throw attempts a game.
Huge difference. 95% of the time, AI is attacking the rim. 95% of the time, Nash is kicking it out. Don't expect a lot of calls when you do the unexpected, like trying to score.

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
There's a legitimate reason why Nash complains alot. He complains because he gets the fewest calls of any star player in the NBA. How does a point guard who gets into the paint like he can only get three free throw attempts on average per game? Allen Iverson is the same size as Nash and seems to get 10 to 15 free throw attempts a game.He gets few free throws because he doesn't DESERVE any.

From NBA Hot Spots, % of FGA in the paint:

Tony Parker 300/578 = 52%
Allen Iverson 340/822 = 41%
Steve Nash = 90/522 = 17%

The guy who should be complaining about not getting FTs for the amount of points he scores in the paint is Tony Parker, and has been for the last three years.

Steve Nash complains a lot just because that's what he does.

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 05:32 AM
Regardless of where Nash is shooting the ball, when Anderson Varejao throws his knee into Nash 30 feet from the basket, a foul should be called. Another foul should be called when Nash is kicking out from the paint and Ira Newble slaps his wrist because... well... it's Ira Newble.

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 05:37 AM
I thought the noise was just how they had them miked, but they did sound funny, especially at the end you pointed out.

Yeah, while the popular opinion in the AZ Republic and Associated Press articles is that the Suns played tough defense in the 2nd half, I think mine is much more plausible.

Also, it explains why Amare and LeBron missed close layups at that end of the court and Larry Hughes was actually making 3 pointers.

OldDirtMcGirt
01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Talk about the pot and the kettle. Cavs fans have no right to complain with Lord of the Flop Anderson Varejao on their team, and the Spurs flop just as much and whine just as much as the Suns... and for good reason. It works. Yall need to get off your high horse.

Thunder Dan
01-27-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm kind of just throwing this out there, though, but I thought the basket on the right side of the court (Suns shooting at it in the 1st half; Cavs in the 2nd) was acting funny all night. When the Cavs got up in the 1st half, the Suns couldn't hit shit down there and then in the 2nd half, LeBron had 2 shots that just inexplicably flew out of the basket. With the noise those rims were making all game, I just wonder...

those 2 shots by Lebron were crazy, they we like in the net and them came out. But the mics on the hoops at the Q are really funny sounding, but I don't think there was anything fishy going on

Talk about the pot and the kettle. Cavs fans have no right to complain with Lord of the Flop Anderson Varejao on their team, and the Spurs flop just as much and whine just as much as the Suns... and for good reason. It works. Yall need to get off your high horse.

I'm not talking about flops, I'm just saying that every single call the Suns bitch about it, even the most obvious calls they still find a way to complain. They act like they should never call a foul on them all night.

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 02:54 PM
welcome to the club dan, see Western Conference Semis last year

-Mars

OldDirtMcGirt
01-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm not talking about flops, I'm just saying that every single call the Suns bitch about it, even the most obvious calls they still find a way to complain. They act like they should never call a foul on them all night.

Good. They should bitch at every call, it leads to success. See Spurs, San Antonio and Pistons, Detroit.

Thunder Dan
01-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Good. They should bitch at every call, it leads to success. See Spurs, San Antonio and Pistons, Detroit.

well obviously they don't bitch enough in the playoffs because they haven't been to the Finals since Full House was the #1 show on tv

monosylab1k
01-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Amare usually has a legitimate gripe.
Xylus speaks the truth.

"Mr. Ref, you know that with my IQ of 48 that I am incapable of understanding the rules of basketball, therefore I should not be penalized for it. Nash give ball, Amare dunk! Roar! STAT!"

monosylab1k
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
well obviously they don't bitch enough in the playoffs because they haven't been to the Finals since Full House was the #1 show on tv
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

OldDirtMcGirt
01-27-2008, 03:54 PM

If only we were in the Eastern Conference.

Armando
01-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey LeBron was the one acting like a crybaby on Friday.

Armando
01-27-2008, 03:55 PM

We still have to deal with Detroit and Boston.

Thunder Dan
01-27-2008, 04:03 PM

yep I was waiting for that predictable excuse. Forget the fact that the east was the conference in the late 90s when you still didn't make any Finals appearances. The Suns, and their fan base are full of excuses.

OldDirtMcGirt
01-27-2008, 04:24 PM
yep I was waiting for that predictable excuse. Forget the fact that the east was the conference in the late 90s when you still didn't make any Finals appearances. The Suns, and their fan base are full of excuses.

Non-sequitor much? We weren't that good in the late nineties. That's obvious. It's equally as obvious that we'd have a finals berth in the Nash era if we played in the Leastern.

ShoogarBear
01-27-2008, 04:58 PM
If Nash played in the East, he'd play for a different team, no?

Thunder Dan
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
it's geographically impossible for Phoenix to play in the East

ShoogarBear
01-27-2008, 05:16 PM
it's geographically impossible for Phoenix to play in the EastDepends on the sport. I don't think the Suns would make a very good football team, though.

OldDirtMcGirt
01-27-2008, 07:18 PM
it's geographically impossible for Phoenix to play in the East

The Cardinals did play in the NFC East for what it's worth.

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Who the fuck cares about PHX being cry babies?

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
typical Suns crybabies. "If only we were in teh East...;("

You'd still get your ass kicked even if you made it to the Finals.

-Mars

OldDirtMcGirt
01-27-2008, 07:41 PM
typical Suns crybabies. "If only we were in teh East...;("

You'd still get your ass kicked even if you made it to the Finals.

-Mars

Kind of like Cleveland, which was the whole point.

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 07:44 PM
PHX will never win a championship with the style of ball they play. This is the last year you will see that run-n-gun offense because when they lose in the playoffs D'Antoni will be fired and major changes will be made to the roster.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I guess that's what happens when your team hasn't won shit. :lol :lol

Armando
01-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I guess that's what happens when your team hasn't won shit. :lol :lol

So what have the Lakers done post Shaq? Thats right be knocked out in the 1st round 2 years running by the same team.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 08:12 PM
So what have the Lakers done post Shaq? Thats right be knocked out in the 1st round 2 years running by the same team.

It's called rebuilding. Something your team will be doing real soon. The only difference is your team will still be Ringless by the time they blow the whole team up. :elephant :elephant

Thunder Dan
01-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I think the Lakers have a tad bit better history than the Suns do, for what it's worth

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Uhhh Compare Lakers championships to Suns championships

*crickets*

Yeah. What I thought.

Who cares if you're the Bills or the Yucks - getting the Super Bowl and constantly losing is just as worse as not getting there at all.

-Mars

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 08:46 PM
It's called rebuilding. Something your team will be doing real soon. The only difference is your team will still be Ringless by the time they blow the whole team up. :elephant :elephant

I like how P&G now says they've been "rebuilding" for 6 years, when last year that this time, he was telling us that the Lakers would beat the Suns in a 7 game series.

Now, it's "if only Bynum isn't hurt"

Armando
01-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I like how P&G now says they've been "rebuilding" for 6 years, when last year that this time, he was telling us that the Lakers would beat the Suns in a 7 game series.

Next it will be no Trevor Ariza

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Uh, last time I checked, if the Suns lost Nash or Stoudamire or Marion to injury for a period of time, the Suns struggles would be properly blamed on said injury. It's no different with the Lakers, or the Spurs struggles after the 17-3 start.

-Mars

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:07 PM

We've been rebuilding since Shaq was trade. I don't know where you get this 6 years from. Since the last time they won a Ring??

If so how long have the suns been rebuilding??

Oh and Bynum is your kryptonite. Actually any half decent PF or C is. And Bynum is MUCH better than half decent.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Next it will be no Trevor Ariza

So when will you guys win a Ring? Or is this just the reincarnation of Barkley's suns? (Without the Finals appearances)

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The Lakers last made the NBA Finals in 2003-2004. It is now 2008. That's 4 years. 4 years to get back into contention is an amazing feat no matter how you slice it, especially considering the Lakers did not tank any of those seasons and managed to make the playoffs twice. Go ask the Celtics how long it has taken them to rebuild.

And Bynum is THE reason the Lakers are back in contention. You can't run with triangle effectively without a legitimate post presence and you can't have an effective defensive system without a strong presence in the paint. Losing him affects the team on both ends because the replacements are so bad, Kwame Brown.

How good would PHX be if they lost Nash? They would be a gutter team and you know it. Everytime Nash comes out of the game other teams get to make their runs. You take out the key cogs on any team and of course they are going to suffer. Spurs are still playing .500 ball because of the lingering effects of those injuries they suffered.

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Lakers were "contending" last year when they were 26-13, but couldn't keep it up. Nash is the Suns and 2-time league MVP... Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, and Luke Walton are not.

Now, if Kobe went down, then you could make the Nash comparison. Phil ran the triangle effectively with Bill Wennington, Luc Longley, and Will Perdue... dominant post presences.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Lakers were "contending" last year when they were 26-13, but couldn't keep it up. Nash is the Suns and 2-time league MVP... Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, and Luke Walton are not.

Now, if Kobe went down, then you could make the Nash comparison. Phil ran the triangle effectively with Bill Wennington, Luc Longley, and Will Perdue... dominant post presences.

Do you even remember last year. Injuries to Lamar, Kwame, Luke, Vlad, Mihm, I think the only person that stayed injury free was Smush. :smchode:

Farmar was a rookie, Bynum was still learning the NBA ropes, Fisher was in Utah. A totally different team. And please don't compare Nash to Kobe. Kobe actually plays defense. I know you being a sun fan and all you think that defense is overrated, but it's actually not.

And MVP awards don't impress me. :sleep :sleep

Armando
01-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Do you even remember last year. Injuries to Lamar, Kwame, Luke, Vlad, Mihm, I think the only person that stayed injury free was Smush. :smchode:

Farmar was a rookie, Bynum was still learning the NBA ropes, Fisher was in Utah. A totally different team. And please don't compare Nash to Kobe. Kobe actually plays defense. I know you being a sun fan and all you think that defense is overrated, but it's actually not.

That was some awesome defense on LeBron today!

Armando
01-27-2008, 09:49 PM

If Kobe wins an MVP you will be wetting yourself.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:50 PM
That was some awesome defense on LeBron today!

Uhhh Lebron is a damn good player and Kobe didn't really guard him till the end of the 4th. At least he doesn't make scrubs look like HOF players like Nash and Amare do.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:52 PM
If Kobe wins an MVP you will be wetting yourself.

:lol :lol Only suns fans wet themselves over MVP awards. Don't you guys hang division title banners as well?

Armando
01-27-2008, 09:53 PM
:lol :lol Only suns fans wet themselves over MVP awards. Don't you guys hang division title banners as well?

Don't you guys hang division title banners as well?[/QUOTE]

Teams hang those banners besides Suns. Look at the Heat's arena.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Teams hang those banners besides Suns. Look at the Heat's arena.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Armando
01-27-2008, 09:59 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Yeah laugh the Suns will still be playing while Kobe is bitching at Stephan A after another early exit.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah laugh the Suns will still be playing while Kobe is bitching at Stephan A after another early exit.

OK Nostradamus.

Don't you get it, it doesn't matter how much Kobe cries he's under contract and will play hard no matter what. Dr. Buss holds all the cards, plus Kobe has already said that he thinks that him and Bynum are Championship contenders together. So try something different. This time try to be a little more creative.

Armando
01-27-2008, 10:08 PM
OK Nostradamus.

Don't you get it, it doesn't matter how much Kobe cries he's under contract and will play hard no matter what. Dr. Buss holds all the cards, plus Kobe has already said that he thinks that him and Bynum are Championship contenders together. So try something different. This time try to be a little more creative.

him and Bynum are Championship contenders :lmao Not better then Duncan/Paker or that much better then Nash or Stoudemire.

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Then why do the fans in Staples keep chanting MVP when Kobe is at the line?

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 10:23 PM
OK Nostradamus.

I'm pretty sure he thought Kobe and Kobe were title contenders in 04, 05, & 06.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 10:28 PM
him and Bynum are Championship contenders :lmao Not better then Duncan/Paker or that much better then Nash or Stoudemire.

Well actually they are much better than Nash and Stoudemire. Once again suns fans continue to overlook defense.

As for being better than Duncan/Parker, I agree I don't think they are either. At least not yet. But as long as Kobe thinks they are it'll keep him quiet.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Then why do the fans in Staples keep chanting MVP when Kobe is at the line?

I don't know why don't you ask them.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he thought Kobe and Kobe were title contenders in 04, 05, & 06.

I'm sure he did as well, but this time he's not that far off.

Nash2Amare
01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Why the fuck would it matter if we won a title, dumbass Laker fans?

You dipshits would still be sayin' somethin like 14 > 1

ShoogarBear
01-28-2008, 08:03 PM

You dipshits would still be sayin' somethin like 14 > 1Good point.

So Sun Fan shouldn't care if he wins a title.

In which case you have the perfect coach.

ClingingMars
01-28-2008, 08:15 PM

You dipshits would still be sayin' somethin like 14 > 1

So basically Lakers and Spurs fans automatically win all arguments.

14>1
4>1

Suns fans, feel free to exit now.

-Mars

Xylus
01-28-2008, 09:23 PM
But Lakers fans win every argument against Spurs fans.

14 > 4

Dumb.

DazedAndConfused
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
The Suns will continue to get no respect until they win a ring.

ancestron
01-29-2008, 12:02 PM
The NBA reminds me of a daycare. Kids see other kids getting their way by crying, so they decide to start crying over everything too, so they get their way.
One kid will be playing with a toy, get it taken away by another kid and start crying. So the adult has to give the toy back to the first kid. Then the second kid starts crying, so you just have to take the toy away. Now both kids are crying, and you have to give them both technicals.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2008, 01:03 PM
But Lakers fans win every argument against Spurs fans.

14 > 4

Dumb.

But we aren't arguing about the legitimacy of our respective franchises. Lakers fans know that all time, they have the edge, and in recent years, especially the past half-decade, we have clearly been the team to beat. We've gone to battle against each other, beaten each other, lost to the other side in painful, humiliating ways. And in that, there is some respect, at least among the Laker fans that still post here.

The Suns fanbase is understandably less mature. It's full of people who are new to the game and were attracted by the flash and the flair of Nash & Co. They don't get what it takes to win a title. They have no comprehension of WHY they KEEP losing in the playoffs. But that won't stop them from espousing the, "Despite the fact that our post-defense is the worst it's ever been, we're a different, better team this year and we're going to be unstoppable in the playoffs!"

And that is why these threads continually devolve into senseless blathering. The loudest and most frequent Suns posters on this board are almost in a complete inverse correlation with their knowledge on basketball, although there are some notably classy exceptions. But until Phoenix fans man up, grow a pair, admit that they deserved to get beat last year in the playoffs (because the Spurs were simply a better team and proved it), and DEMAND that trades be made to bring in more defense, they are going to continue talking smack in the regular season and getting smacked in the playoffs, either by other posters or the hip of a certain elder statesmen.

I'll say it again. Gaping defensive holes at the 1 and 5 slot will NEVER end up in a title for ANY team, unless the other 3 players are good enough to compensate. And right now, the only great defender you have is Marion... and he's the one everyone is talking about trading away. And you want to seriously have a shot at winning a title? :reading

Xylus
01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
But we aren't arguing about the legitimacy of our respective franchises. Lakers fans know that all time, they have the edge, and in recent years, especially the past half-decade, we have clearly been the team to beat. We've gone to battle against each other, beaten each other, lost to the other side in painful, humiliating ways. And in that, there is some respect, at least among the Laker fans that still post here.

The Suns fanbase is understandably less mature. It's full of people who are new to the game and were attracted by the flash and the flair of Nash & Co. They don't get what it takes to win a title. They have no comprehension of WHY they KEEP losing in the playoffs. But that won't stop them from espousing the, "Despite the fact that our post-defense is the worst it's ever been, we're a different, better team this year and we're going to be unstoppable in the playoffs!"

And that is why these threads continually devolve into senseless blathering. The loudest and most frequent Suns posters on this board are almost in a complete inverse correlation with their knowledge on basketball, although there are some notably classy exceptions. But until Phoenix fans man up, grow a pair, admit that they deserved to get beat last year in the playoffs (because the Spurs were simply a better team and proved it), and DEMAND that trades be made to bring in more defense, they are going to continue talking smack in the regular season and getting smacked in the playoffs, either by other posters or the hip of a certain elder statesmen.

I'll say it again. Gaping defensive holes at the 1 and 5 slot will NEVER end up in a title for ANY team, unless the other 3 players are good enough to compensate. And right now, the only great defender you have is Marion... and he's the one everyone is talking about trading away. And you want to seriously have a shot at winning a title? :reading
And YOUR problem is that you assume that the loudest and most frequent Suns posters on this board speak for the entire fanbase, when in reality, these loud voices represent an obtuse minority.

It seems to me that most of the Suns fans here are fully aware of the weaknesses in our team, and have been asking for a change since the beginning of the season. "New coach", "trade for a big man", "start Skinner", "start Diaw"... I've been hearing suggestions from Suns fans all season long on how to improve this team. The larger Suns fanbase, the more sensible and less homeristic fans, are simply drowned out by those who continually hound this place with Suns mania.

Every fanbase has homers in it. You can't and won't stop them from yelling in your face about how good their team is. But it's YOUR responsibility to separate homers from real fans, and stop associating the media's obsession with the Phoenix Suns with our own realistic view of where this team is headed.

The majority of Suns fans that reside here are intelligent, well-spoken, and realistic. I can only think of a couple of exceptions that make us look bad. It's not the other way around, like you're suggesting.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2008, 02:00 PM
And YOUR problem is that you assume that the loudest and most frequent Suns posters on this board speak for the entire fanbase, when in reality, these loud voices represent an obtuse minority.

It seems to me that most of the Suns fans here are fully aware of the weaknesses in our team, and have been asking for a change since the beginning of the season. "New coach", "trade for a big man", "start Skinner", "start Diaw"... I've been hearing suggestions from Suns fans all season long on how to improve this team. The larger Suns fanbase, the more sensible and less homeristic fans, are simply drowned out by those who continually hound this place with Suns mania.

Every fanbase has homers in it. You can't and won't stop them from yelling in your face about how good their team is. But it's YOUR responsibility to separate homers from real fans, and stop associating the media's obsession with the Phoenix Suns with our own realistic view of where this team is headed.

The majority of Suns fans that reside here are intelligent, well-spoken, and realistic. I can only think of a couple of exceptions that make us look bad. It's not the other way around, like you're suggesting.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps that's the way things really are.

That certainly didn't stop your very own PLAYERS from suggesting that the series would have resolved differently without the suspensions. And I didn't hear many dissenting opinions about that from any Suns fan last year.

And I suppose it's not just Suns fans that are at fault. Even critics have lauded them nearly every year as the odds on favorite to win the title, at least since Nash went on tilt.

Forgive me for being a skeptic and a cynic about the Phoenix fanbase, but I -don't- hear a lot of dissatisfied Suns fans. You guys dominate the regular season, and no questions really surface until you get beat in the playoffs. And even THEN, it's not about trading away the problem, it's about signing players like Grant Hill, who is still a good player, but he doesn't fix the problem of no point and no post defense. If you REALLY wanted to solve the problem, you'd be looking to move Amare. Either play him at the 4 and get a real center for Marion, or trade Amare for a big who knows how to contain drivers and good post-players (again, how about Delambert?). Those are the ONLY two options I see working in Phoenix right now.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Perhaps you're right. Perhaps that's the way things really are.

That certainly didn't stop your very own PLAYERS from suggesting that the series would have resolved differently without the suspensions. And I didn't hear many dissenting opinions about that from any Suns fan last year.

And I suppose it's not just Suns fans that are at fault. Even critics have lauded them nearly every year as the odds on favorite to win the title, at least since Nash went on tilt.

Forgive me for being a skeptic and a cynic about the Phoenix fanbase, but I -don't- hear a lot of dissatisfied Suns fans. You guys dominate the regular season, and no questions really surface until you get beat in the playoffs. And even THEN, it's not about trading away the problem, it's about signing players like Grant Hill, who is still a good player, but he doesn't fix the problem of no point and no post defense. If you REALLY wanted to solve the problem, you'd be looking to move Amare. Either play him at the 4 and get a real center for Marion, or trade Amare for a big who knows how to contain drivers and good post-players (again, how about Delambert?). Those are the ONLY two options I see working in Phoenix right now.

Cry Havoc, if the Spurs don't win the championship this year (and it looks like its not gonna happen), don't be angry.

After all, we told you that the Spurs were too old and weren't even the best team in '07 (thank you Stern) but you did nothing about it.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Cry Havoc, if the Spurs don't win the championship this year (and it looks like its not gonna happen), don't be angry.

After all, we told you that the Spurs were too old and weren't even the best team in '07 (thank you Stern) but you did nothing about it.

2 out of 10. -3 for effort. Your troll-fu is weak.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:09 PM
2 out of 10. -3 for effort. Your troll-fu is weak.

If you REALLY wanted to solve the problem, you would get rid of those aging role players instead of trying to alter your offense in a futile attempt to even score 80 points in a game.

Father time is slamming the Spurs' window shut, but don't get angry with us, we told you this was going to happen.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:18 PM
If you REALLY wanted to solve the problem, you would get rid of those aging role players instead of trying to alter your offense in a futile attempt to even score 80 points in a game.

Father time is slamming the Spurs' window shut, but don't get angry with us, we told you this was going to happen.
At least the Spurs have a window to be shut. The Suns do not, and never did, have a window at all. No defense = no championship hopes AT ALL. thanks for playing tho.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I like Stein's take on who "cries" the most:

During games? That's something else. The Spurs are still legendary for, uh, pleading their cases to referees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2874533

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:22 PM
At least the Spurs have a window to be shut. The Suns do not, and never have, had a window at all. No defense = no championship hopes AT ALL. thanks for playing tho.

If you REALLY wanted to fix the problem, you would trade Dirk for a franchise player who had a pair. Instead you'll continue to watch your team fold at the first sign of adversity.

But don't be angry with us. We TOLD you it was going to happen.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
If you REALLY wanted to fix the problem, you would trade Dirk for a franchise player who had a pair. Instead you'll continue to watch your team fold at the first sign of adversity.
Hey remember that time Steve Nash led his team to the Finals? Oh right...

I'd recommend you guys find a new leader who won't fold every time the opposing team controls the ball.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
No Balls = No Championship hopes AT ALL.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey remember that time Steve Nash led his team to the Finals? Oh right...

Remember that time Dirk choked?

Trick question! It happens every year! :lol

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:25 PM
No Balls = No Championship hopes AT ALL.
No balls got us 2 games away. Your "leader" has never gotten you closer than 6.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Remember that time Dirk choked?

Trick question! It happens every year! :lol
Remember that time a high schooler owned the shit out of a proud Arizona State grad? Oh yeah, it happens all the time.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:29 PM
No balls got us 2 games away. Your "leader" has never gotten you closer than 6.

No balls is why you dropped 4 in a row to a lesser team.

No balls is why you are the on wrong end of the greatest upset in NBA history.

stretch
01-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Remember that time a high schooler owned the shit out of a proud Arizona State grad? Oh yeah, it happens all the time.
:lmao

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Really? Name once.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:35 PM
No balls is why you dropped 4 in a row to a lesser team.

No balls is why you are the on wrong end of the greatest upset in NBA history.
No defense is why your team will never make it to the Finals.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Really? Name once.
You know as well as I do, as well as anybody else who was a witness on that day. For your sake, I won't rehash it.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
You know as well as I do, as well as anybody else who was a witness on that day. For your sake, I won't rehash it.

Please do.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
No defense is why your team will never make it to the Finals.

My team has made it to the finals twice.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
My team has made it to the finals twice.
:lmao "15 years ago we were contenders. yeah!"

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Please do.
well why don't you log in under your real name and look it up in your post history. oh wait.... :lmao

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
:lmao "15 years ago we were contenders. yeah!"

We're contenders now (see record).

And the Suns have never lost a series due to mental weakness.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
"GO EVAS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lmao

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:43 PM
"GO EVAS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lmao

You dumbass.

You forgot to switch into da_suns_fan_.

Youre no longer my favorite "tribute" poster.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
But that is a great catch-phrase.

Who else has their own signature phrases like I do?

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
We're contenders now (see record).
no you're not. teams that only play 50% of the game are never contenders, regardless of their record.

And the Suns have never lost a series due to mental weakness.
no they lose them due to shitty coaching, no defense, and player stupidity.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Who else has their own signature phrases like I do?
well your boy Nashy has "nineteen on the clickety" since his own team is too stupid to realize that a game is about to start.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:49 PM
"capitalize your O, motherfucker" has a nice touch to it as well.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:50 PM
well your boy Nashy has "nineteen on the clickety" since his own team is too stupid to realize that a game is about to start.

You read that book too?

Amazing, isn't it? What other team would get an entire book written about them? The 90s bulls? The 80s Lakers?

The "Nash era" Suns sure are a special team, yes?

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
You read that book too?

Amazing, isn't it? What other team would get an entire book written about them? The 90s bulls? The 80s Lakers?

The "Nash era" Suns sure are a special team, yes?
Only D'Antoni would be idiotic enough to let a SI writer follow them all season to show the world what a bunch of ignorant douches they all are.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Only D'Antoni would be idiotic enough to let a SI writer follow them all season to show the world what a bunch of ignorant douches they all are.

Mark Cuban's personal assistant came off as the biggest "douche". I even saw Jack McCallum do an impression of him at a book signing.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Lets put it this way. Cuban likes to surround himself with "Yes-men".

Goes back to that crazy Napoleon complex he's got:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Mark Cuban's personal assistant came off as the biggest "douche". I even saw Jack McCallum do an impression of him at a book signing.
Did he also do an impression of Amare not know who Al Capone was?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Did he also do an impression of Amare not know who Al Capone was?

Amare knew who Al Capone was (he was wearing a t-shirt of the guy).

He didn't know about prohibition.

Reading Comprehension: Taught in all states except Texas?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
btw - I can do a GREAT Avery Johnson. :lol

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
On another day, he (Amare) was wearing a T-shirt bearing the likeness of a 1930s Time cover on which Al Capone appeared.
"What's with you and Capone?" I (Jack McCallum) ask him.
"Don't know anything about him," Stoudemire answers.

Reading Comprehension: Taught in all states except Arizona?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Reading Comprehension: Taught in all states except Arizona?

"Don't know anything about him" != "Who?"

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
"Don't know anything about him" != "Who?"
don't know anything about him = don't know anything about him

evidently in Arizona "i know a human being named Al Capone once existed but i know nothing else besides that" = "i know who Al Capone was"

no wonder ASU grads can be so easily owned by high schoolers.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:13 PM

I doubt from that passage that Amare had never heard of Al Capone.

Findog
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I doubt from that passage that Amare had never heard of Al Capone.

"Don't know anything about him."

:lmao

Findog
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM

evidently in Arizona "i know a human being named Al Capone once existed but i know nothing else besides that" = "i know who Al Capone was"

Don't forget about Amare wearing the Rolling Stones t-shirt without being able to name a single Stones song.

Amare = Poser.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Im sure he knew he was a gangster. You inferred that he had never heard of Al Capone. The book didn't say that, did it?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Don't forget about Amare wearing the Rolling Stones t-shirt without being able to name a single Stones song.

Amare = Poser.

He should have worn a Hasselhoff t-shirt?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:25 PM
MOTHER OF ALL F*CKING OWNAGE. I found the rest of the passage:

On another day, he (Amare) was wearing a T-shirt bearing the likeness of a 1930s Time cover on which Al Capone appeared.
"What's with you and Capone?" I (Jack McCallum) ask him.
"Don't know anything about him," Stoudemire answers, "except that he was a bad guy."
I gave him the one-minute primer on Capone, Chicago, and Prohibition.
"Damn," he said. "There was a time drinking was illegal?"

Guess where I found it?

It was the signature of an old MONOS post! He EDITED THAT PART OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
And THAT is what you call OWNAGE!

Findog
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
He should have worn a Hasselhoff t-shirt?

why not? he probably has never heard of him either. next thing you know, amare will be seen leaving the locker room with a copy of david halberstam's "the coldest war" tucked under his arm. i think it would be highly appropriate since he's probably never heard of halberstam and wouldn't know what the korean war is.

Findog
01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
And THAT is what you call OWNAGE!

Mono pwns dsf, I agree.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Link that exposed Monos:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73661

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Mono pwns dsf, I agree.

LMAO! I think he just embarrassed the SH*T out of all of you, didn't he?

Thought he could pull an old fast one on me.

I KNEW I read that right.

Got to love the internet!!

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Im think I will bump this thread every time Monos posts!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
:lmao and you feel proud to know that your star center can't describe Al Capone any better than a 4 year old?

"Al Capone was a bad guy! I want my sippy cup!"

:lmao this is why you're the biggest joke here.

Findog
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

is this the same kind of ownage you pulled on elliottfan?

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I left that out due to pity for Amare. I didn't want him to come across as any more of an imbecile than I had to.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:32 PM
:lmao and you feel proud to know that your star center can't describe Al Capone any better than a 4 year old?

"Al Capone was a bad guy! I want my sippy cup!"

:lmao this is why you're the biggest joke here.

Don't cry Monos! You got owned! There will be other threads.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
does this thread reek of "i just owned myself" or what? :lmao good fucking god, where is stretch to break down the stupidity of this sentence?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:34 PM
I left that out due to pity for Amare. I didn't want him to come across as any more of an imbecile than I had to.

SUUUUUUUUUUUURE you did! :lol

monosylab1k
Don't cry Monos! You got owned! There will be other threads.
:lol some more classic "despite getting beaten to a pulp i'll just declare victory over nothing". i know you want to get the upper hand against me just once, but it ain't gonna happen. not any time soon anyways. maybe transfer to a better college than Arizona State.

da_suns_fan
does this thread reek of "i just owned myself" or what? :lmao good fucking god, where is stretch to break down the stupidity of this sentence?

Youre REALLY pissed off, huh? :lol

I love it!

All hail DSF! :lol

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
what's worse, for Amare to not know anything about Al Capone, or for him to know so very little that the best description he can give is "he's a bad person" which my 4 year old nephew could say.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:36 PM
:lol some more classic "despite getting beaten to a pulp i'll just declare victory over nothing". i know you want to get the upper hand against me just once, but it ain't gonna happen. not any time soon anyways. maybe transfer to a better college than Arizona State.

Im actually taking a grad level class there now.

If I ever see Amare (he's taking classes as well), I'll tell him about this thread! :lol

Findog
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
If I ever see Amare (he's taking classes as well), I'll tell him about this thread! :lol

There's a real meeting of the minds for you. :rolleyes

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:38 PM
what's worse, for Amare to not know anything about Al Capone, or for him to know so very little that the best description he can give is "he's a bad person" which my 4 year old nephew could say.

Come on, Monos. Just admit it! You tried to conveniently edit a passage and got caught (you even changed the comma to a period)!!!

Admit what you did. We'll all have more respect for you.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Come on, Monos. Just admit it! You tried to conveniently edit a passage and got caught (you even changed the comma to a period)!!!

Admit what you did. We'll all have more respect for you.
For once I tried to protect Amare from looking like even more of an ignorant ass, and of all people a SUNS FAN insists that his full stupidity be exposed.

Fine by me.

monosylab1k
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
:lmao is there any more self-ownage than thinking you acheived something incredible by exposing your star center's vocabulary as being at a pre-school level?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 04:43 PM
How ironic is it that the signature you used for months to show how "dumb" you thought Amare was turned out to be the very thing that exposed you as a moron?

Shakespearian, yes?

stretch
08-15-2008, 08:35 AM