PDA

View Full Version : Report: Son of Knicks coach arrested in Bloomington

lefty
01-26-2008, 01:02 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7722304/Report:-Son-of-Knicks-coach-arrested-in-Bloomington?MSNHPHMA

NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Knicks said coach Isiah Thomas wouldn't comment Friday on a report that his 19-year-old son was arrested for underage drinking in Bloomington, Ind.

Joshua Thomas, a student at Indiana University, was arrested on misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct, illegal consumption of alcohol and being a minor in a tavern, according to the New York Daily News. He was released from the Monroe County Jail on $500 bail.
The News, citing a police source, said Thomas was arrested after he went to a Bloomington hospital to be treated for a swollen eye, which came when he was hit by either a beer bottle or another man's fist at the bar.

Isiah Thomas played two seasons for Indiana, leading the Hoosiers to the 1981 national championship.

m33p0
01-27-2008, 09:11 AM
why didn't it surprised me that it was isiah's kid?

JamStone
01-27-2008, 09:17 AM
why didn't it surprised me that it was isiah's kid?

First, it shouldn't have surprised you at all when the title of the news report said "son of Knicks coach." Isiah Thomas is the Knicks coach.

Second, like most underage college students don't drink alcohol?

Please. This is a non-story.

Heath Ledger
01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
This is really dumb who doesnt drink a few beers at the pub when they are 19?

LakeShow
01-27-2008, 12:57 PM
This is really dumb who doesnt drink a few beers at the pub when they are 19?

I'm going to save you from the responses you would eventually get with that. It are some who never had a drink at 19, but the point is, so fucking what? That's not worth the print on paper.

ShoogarBear
01-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Complete non-story, however, this made me laugh:

The News, citing a police source, said Thomas was arrested after he went to a Bloomington hospital to be treated for a swollen eye, which came when he was hit by either a beer bottle or another man's fist at the bar.

The docs turned him in to the popo? :lol