PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fan help

PistonsNation
01-26-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm writing a little something on PN about how sick I am of Kevin Garentt's act. I remember a little altercation a few years back I wanted to bring up between the Wolves and Spurs. Guys were pushing and shoving and as I recall Duncan was trying to be a peace maker. All the while Garnett was behind TD mouthing something to the BACK of Tim's head, then shoves the BACK of his head. Tim kind of turned around and gave him a WTF? look.

Am I remembering this correctly? I'd appreciate anyone who recalls this a little better or even possibly a vid?

Thanks.

BonnerDynasty
01-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't recall the specific event, but I remember back in the day KG always talked shit to Duncan.

SAGambler
01-26-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't recall the specific event, but I remember back in the day KG always talked shit to Duncan.

Garnett had to talk shit, cause he wasn't ever going to beat Duncan.

I don't remember the specific indident either, but would not surprise me if it happened.

Russ
01-26-2008, 03:46 PM
The rumored incident that I recall was Garnett getting frustrated during a game on Mother's Day and saying "Happy Mother's Day" to Tim -- Tim's mother had been dead for years at the time.

I never bought it then and don't now. But there has been tension between the two. IMO, from Garnett's side because Tim has all the hardware and from Duncan's side because Garnett was the last mega contract (before the cap) and Tim was the first superstar under the new, more limited salary structure. Ironically, Tim was penalized because he stayed in school and that put him under the new system whereas Garnett was rewarded for jumping from high school and getting in under the old system.

PistonsNation
01-26-2008, 03:49 PM
I think Garnett is just a jack ass and I was going to do a write a little piece with that being but one of the many examples.

Instead I kept it simple and just let pictures of his excessive jersey popping after beating the Timberwolves by one in Boston last night do the talking.

duncan228
01-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Someone has this in their sig, I apologize to them for not remembering who it is.
I'm not sure if this helps but...

http://mvn.com/nba-source/2007/05/24/dear-nba-market-around-tim-duncan-love-steve/

“I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn’t do anything, he didn’t react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett’s ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I’m sayin’? That’s gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a…he’s a pimp.” - The one and only Ron Artest

PistonsNation
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I've used the examples in the comments of the post because I got a Celtics fan thinking I was overreacting to one isolated incident. Thanks guys. Keep 'em coming.

http://pistonsnationblog.com/2008/01/26/kg-classless/

Matchman
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I remember back in a few years when the Wolves were a decent team and at one game the Francis-led Rockets were getting blown out on National TV. KG acted like an ass and try to do an AND-1 move on one of our big men (Deke?). Thats how i became a KG-Hater. Fuck KG

Sense
01-26-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZbFVERS8Kc&NR=1

lol sorry idk the code thing..

heres Bonner getting Garnett... and him reacting

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I think the incident in question was during the first round of the 99 playoffs, maybe game 2 or 3. A scuffle broke out between a Wolves player (Joe Smith, maybe?) and David Robinson of all people. Duncan was the first on the scene, and your description is pretty spot on from there. Garnett was jawing, and then just smacked Duncan in the back of the head.

BonnerDynasty
01-26-2008, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZbFVERS8Kc&NR=1

lol sorry idk the code thing..

heres Bonner getting Garnett... and him reacting

That's what I'm talking about!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

If KG tries to shove Bonner's head, his hand will catch on fire!!! :devil

bostonguy
01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
KG can be full of himself that's for sure. I saw that in Minny as well. I still love his effort and his game. He isnt a natural born leader but he doesnt have to be that on this Celts team. Pierce is our leader. KG has done some really stupid arrogant things but he isnt the only one to act like an ass epecially against the Spurs. Terry punched Finley in the balls, Horry hit Robinson in the balls, etc etc. While KG is guilty for his actions, others have done alot worse to the Spurs.