PDA

View Full Version : Obama projected winner in SC

AFBlue
01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
What's crazy is that the projection came based on exit polls with ZERO percent of the vote in.

He must've REALLY kicked some ass. I can't wait until the final outcome....

Extra Stout
01-26-2008, 07:34 PM
He probably won by 15 points or so. The vote likely was split along racial lines.

AFBlue
01-26-2008, 07:36 PM
He probably won by 15 points or so. The vote likely was split along racial lines.

Exit polling is suggesting that he won the black vote overwhelmingly, BUT it also suggests that he won a greater percentage of the white vote than projected (almost 25%).

At least that's what I've seen.

O-Factor
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
What's crazy is that the projection came based on exit polls with ZERO percent of the vote in.

Good.

Heard on the news Hillary cancelled her "victory" party.

Extra Stout
01-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Exit polls reveal that the only demographic Hillary won was non-blacks over 60.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-26-2008, 08:31 PM
That's what happens when you're a total bitch to your opponents in the debate and sick your husband on the guy while you go hide in another state.

Not that I'm complaining, the prospect of the triumvirate of Hillary, Madeline Albright, and Wesley Clark running this country scares the shit out of me.

Mr. Peabody
01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
CNN's exit poll results are now available... some notable data...

* Obama wins 68% of 18-29 year olds
* Obama wins 62% of 30-44 year olds
* Obama wins 55% of 45-59 year olds
* Obama wins 63% of people who have never voted before
* Obama wins 54% of of non-college educated voters
* Obama wins 52% of college educated voters
* Obama wins 55% of people who make less than $100,000
* Obama wins 57% of people who make less than $50,000
* Obama wins 52% of people who said the economy was the most important issue

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
* Obama wins 100% of the people who think Hillary is a stupid bitch.

PixelPusher
01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
55% to 27%. It certainly would be disingenuous to suggest that Obama won on
African American support alone...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/26/bill-clinton-obama-is-ju_n_83406.html
Said Bill Clinton today in Columbia, SC: "Jesse Jackson won South Carolina in '84 and '88. Jackson ran a good campaign. And Obama ran a good campaign here."

This was in response to a question about Obama saying it "took two people to beat him." Jackson had not been mentioned.

Boy, I can't understand why anyone would think the Clintons are running a race-baiting campaign to paint Obama as "the black candidate."
Right on cue.

Spawn
01-26-2008, 10:26 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/...ju_n_83406.html
Said Bill Clinton today in Columbia, SC: "Jesse Jackson won South Carolina in '84 and '88. Jackson ran a good campaign. And Obama ran a good campaign here."

This was in response to a question about Obama saying it "took two people to beat him." Jackson had not been mentioned.

Boy, I can't understand why anyone would think the Clintons are running a race-baiting campaign to paint Obama as "the black candidate."

Right on cue.

The belief that the Clintons are trying to paint him as the "Black canidate" are way offbase. :rolleyes

thispego
01-26-2008, 10:40 PM
god painted obama, not clinton (Allah loves diversity)

PixelPusher
01-26-2008, 10:40 PM
The belief that the Clintons are trying to paint him as the "Black canidate" are way offbase. :rolleyes

Obama wins Couth Carolina Primary (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gOW83yaVQ5F284fIP5pDfXWvJGDgD8UDU98G0)
"They are getting votes, to be sure, because of their race or gender. That's why people tell me Hillary doesn't have a chance of winning here," the former president said at one stop as he campaigned for his wife, strongly suggesting that blacks would not support a white alternative to Obama.

Clinton campaign strategists denied any intentional effort to stir the racial debate. But they said they believe the fallout has had the effect of branding Obama as "the black candidate," a tag that could hurt him outside the South.

JoeChalupa
01-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Go! Barack! Go!!
A very, very tough road lies ahead but....YES WE CAN!!!!

Extra Stout
01-27-2008, 10:01 AM

Right on cue.
Democrats, are you starting to understand why Republicans have painted the Clintons as bloodsucking amoral demons for all these years? Any chance you're starting to agree?

JoeChalupa
01-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Democrats, are you starting to understand why Republicans have painted the Clintons as bloodsucking amoral demons for all these years? Any chance you're starting to agree?

You mean the same way democrats have painted the Bush's and Rove as bloodsucking amoral demons the past 7 years? You are fooling yourself if you don't think they are the same. Politics is a dirty game and the Clintons, Bush's and Rove's of the world know how to play.

JoeChalupa
01-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Not when it comes to winning elections.

O-Factor
01-27-2008, 12:00 PM
You mean the same way democrats have painted the Bush's and Rove as bloodsucking amoral demons the past 7 years? You are fooling yourself if you don't think they are the same. Politics is a dirty game and the Clintons, Bush's and Rove's of the world know how to play.

It is a dirty game, but no one plays dirtier than the Clinton Machine.

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Scary%20Hillary%20Clinton.jpg

JoeChalupa
01-27-2008, 12:59 PM
It is a dirty game, but no one plays dirtier than the Clinton Machine.

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Scary%20Hillary%20Clinton.jpg

Ever hear of Karl Rove?

PixelPusher
01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't think they'll accept the Yonivore/conspiracy nut demonization level of "cocaine smuggling and murder", but...yeah.

Bill Clinton's tantrums have opened up the eyes of many who up till then resided in "They all good candidates!" land. Sadly, there's still a block of old guard Demos who think Bush and GOP are the only problem with Washington and replacing them with the candidate the GOP hates the most (HC) will fix everything.

They don't get why the GOP actually wants Hillary to be the nominee to run against in the general election; she gives them a 50/50 shot at winning, and even if they don't, she will bring the same baggage (same people around her) that Bill had in the 90's (scandal, nepotism) and that means the GOP have a lock on regaining the Congress (like 1994).

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I appreciate the fact that going negative backfired this time around. Obama still looks like a dilettante though, and needs to start hinting at the people he would surround himself with should he be elected.

JoeChalupa
01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm supporting Obama all the way.

Extra Stout
01-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Ever hear of Karl Rove?
Is this really a defense?

Vote Hillary Clinton in 2008... she's no worse than George W. Bush!

remingtonbo2001
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I appreciate the fact that going negative backfired this time around. Obama still looks like a dilettante though, and needs to start hinting at the people he would surround himself with should he be elected.

I agree. I'm really curious as to who he is considering bringing aboard.

remingtonbo2001
01-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Is this really a defense?

Vote Hillary Clinton in 2008... she's no worse than George W. Bush!

I really liked Bush. It was the people who he surrounded himself with that bothered me. Not everyone, but yeah, Rove, Rumsfield.

Clinton on the other hand, does scare me. I would be intimidated in her presence. She has presented a very vile attitude in previous situations.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Bush was okay, it's just that he had a pack of idiots advising him (Rove, Rumsfeld, Cheney).

I don't get how anyone think Hillary, Wesley Clark, Albright, and Cigar Bill will be better for this country. They're much more likely to finish off what Bush and Co. started than pull us out of the rut we're in.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 04:29 PM
W was not okay. He had a messiah complex, was determined to ignore his own father to whom he owed everything and actually listened to the idiots he chose to surround himself with.

xrayzebra
01-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Ah, Chump, you know you love W, now come on admit it.