PDA

View Full Version : Trade Parker for CP3

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Chris Paul will be the best point guard of the league the next 10 years if he's not the best yet

Sweetey
01-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Chris Paul will be the best point guard of the league the next 10 years if he's not the best yet
Just TRADE Parker - period. He is worthless !! And it's not the damn flu either.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Just TRADE Parker - period. He is worthless !! And it's not the damn flu either.

Screw off, you freak. He has the flu and a bone spur in his ankle and he out played the rest of the Spurs other than Duncan.

You need a break (permanently) from the forum.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM

Paul is awesome. But the Spurs don't have any intention of trading Parker and the Hornets don't have any intention of trading Paul.

Vinny Del Negro
01-26-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the Hornets would accept this trade.

AFBlue
01-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Tony actually played very well early on in this game. He had a few great passes to Timmy in the post and was able to find his rhythm at most points in this game. Sure, there was some inconsistent play, but I don't think it's due to anything outside of what Kori mentioned.

I DO WISH the Spurs would get a third PG so that Tony could get the rest he sorely needs to make an impact in the second half of this season, though.

It was apparent to me tonight more than ever before this season....Tony just didn't have the legs and Vaughn just wasn't enough in a backup role. Spurs might regret letting go of Washington, because they certainly need SOMETHING.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Chris Paul is bad ass. The giant elephant for Phoenix fans is the fact that he might already be better than Nash.

Maybe the Suns can snag him when he becomes a free agent?

ducks
chris paul was not the reason spurs lost tonight

Josepatches

I don't believe

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 10:49 PM

One of the reasons

Kori Ellis
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM

Exactly.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/david_west-arton21244-240x240.jpg

ducks
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
no he was not

tp played as well as he did

ducks
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
what has chris paul did in the postseason?

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
David West was averaging 19 and 9 going into this game. He was hot, but it's not like this was any kind of fluke.

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Let's also Trade Manu for Kobe...what a great it would be to have Duncan with Chris Paul and Kobe! Make these trades happen RC!!!!!You forgot Elson for KG.

AFBlue
01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Exactly.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/david_west-arton21244-240x240.jpg

:lol

Nice pic...

Yeah he played out of his mind tonight.

timmy21_4rings
Screw off, you freak. He has the flu and a bone spur in his ankle and he out played the rest of the Spurs other than Duncan.

Why is he still playing then? He can take rest..Once you are playing field, there should be no excuses unless you are just returning from a injury due to the break from basketball for sometime.

I am hearing him being sick every week. Not sure how far this is true as it does not appear in any major news papers.

lefty

da_suns_fan

AFBlue
01-26-2008, 10:54 PM
You forgot Elson for KG.

Elson was flat-out terrible in the trash minutes. The only low-post threat they had in those minutes was Ime Udoka...playing the SF position.

Trade this dude and get SOMETHING back. Spurs desperately need help in other places.

timmy21_4rings
01-26-2008, 10:54 PM

It should be other way round...Right now CP is the best PG..

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 10:56 PM

He didn't play with TD or Manu

AFBlue
Why is he still playing then? He can take rest..Once you are playing field, there should be no excuses unless you are just returning from a injury due to the break from basketball for sometime.

I am hearing him being sick every week. Not sure how far this is true as it does not appear in any major news papers.

Jacque "placeholder" Vaughn is his backup and the de facto third stringer just went down with a calf injury that could have him out for a month!

The Spurs NEEDED Tony tonight and will continue to need him until the Spurs make a FA or trade acquisition of some backcourt help.

meta2007
The spurs need Barry or someone likes Barry!

atxrocker
01-26-2008, 10:57 PM

when in the fuck has he ever had a team that he could take there? fucking ridiculous fucking post.

timvp
01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
If you watched that game and blame Parker for the loss you need to retire from basketball fandom.

SAtown
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
This is "Trade Parker for Kidd" all over again.

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Jacque "placeholder" Vaughn is his backup and the de facto third stringer just went down with a calf injury that could have him out for a month!

The Spurs NEEDED Tony tonight and will continue to need him until the Spurs make a FA or trade acquisition of some backcourt help.

Agree.But if Tony has the flu or he's injury then WHY IS HE TAKING MORE SHOTS THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER? It's stupid if you didn't feel good

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:00 PM
If you watched that game and blame Parker for the loss you need to retire from basketball fandom.

No blame Parker.Only CP3 is better right now

timvp
01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
No blame Parker.Only CP3 is better right nowOkay? You could say the same thing last year. What does that have to do with the Spurs winning games? This isn't one-on-one.

Where is the take that David West is better than Manu? If we are going to go on a player by player comparison why stop there?

ducks
01-26-2008, 11:03 PM
No blame Parker.Only CP3 is better right now
no you blame the team for shooting three's
and their bench put them in a hole tonight

tp was not the reason they lost tonight
manu and finley sucked worse
and why did bowen get the first 2 shots in the 3?

ducks
01-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Agree.But if Tony has the flu or he's injury then WHY IS HE TAKING MORE SHOTS THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER? It's stupid if you didn't feel good
blame pop not tp
tp would be benched if that was the cause

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:04 PM
CP3 could read the games better than POP and Tony together

timvp
01-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Paul has five more assists and three more turnovers in seven more minutes while everything else was equal and a 30-point loss is Parker's fault?

Gotcha.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2008, 11:05 PM
CP3 could read the games better than POP and Tony together

You really shouldn't post here. You hate everyone on the team (outside of Manu), including the coaches.

ducks
01-26-2008, 11:06 PM
when in the fuck has he ever had a team that he could take there? fucking ridiculous fucking post.
so who knows if he will pull a dirk in postseason and you want to trade a finals mvp point guard to a unproven player in the postseason

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:10 PM
You really shouldn't post here. You hate everyone on the team (outside of Manu), including the coaches.

Really? You don't know it.

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Paul has five more assists and three more turnovers in seven more minutes while everything else was equal and a 30-point loss is Parker's fault?

Gotcha.

New Orleans is 31-12 and CP3 is 20.6pts 10.5 assist.
I never said loss is Parker's fault.I only said Paul is better.Parker is great but Paul is better.If I could have Paul in the team instead of Parker then I would agree.I know it's not possible but there are a lot of more stupid post here.It's only one more.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I never said loss is Parker's fault.I only said Paul is better.Parker is great but Paul is better.If I could have Paul in the team instead of Parker then I would agree.I know it's not possible but there are a lot of more stupid post here.It's only one more.

CP3 would average 6-7 assists in San Antonio. It's a different offense.

ducks
01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
you do realize the hornets are healthy this year
spurs are not
last year they sucked because they were not healthy was that paul's fault

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
maybe pop can change the O

:dizzy

timvp
01-26-2008, 11:19 PM
I never said loss is Parker's fault.I only said Paul is better.Parker is great but Paul is better.If I could have Paul in the team instead of Parker then I would agree.I know it's not possible but there are a lot of more stupid post here.It's only one more.Okay but what does that have to do with anything? Paul is better than Parker. Fine.

Michael Cooper was better than Bowen.

David Robinson was better than Fabricio Oberto.

Kobe and LeBron are better than Manu.

Wilt was better than Duncan.

What exactly is this accomplishing?

ducks
01-26-2008, 11:20 PM
well if I could have duncan,brand, kg, and other mvp candiates instead of the current spurs roster to
but ou have three star players then a other role players
and that team has won titles
to many stars on a team like lakers had one year resuslted in not titles

Kori Ellis
01-26-2008, 11:21 PM
What exactly is this accomplishing?

It's supposed to get you to blame Parker for the loss, or at the very least make you not notice that Manu is struggling with his shot.

rascal
01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Josepatches: Your over reacting to tonights game. Would you post this had the spurs won? No way either team trades their pg to the other team.

timvp
01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Hold on, I think I got it . . .

Michael Jordan was better than Manu Ginobili.

This is fun :hungry:

duncan228
01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
:lmao

Thanks timvp.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:26 PM
well, you didn't see Manu play in Argentina when MJ was in the NBA

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Parker was actually more passive when he had the flu this week in the games before this one. He was barely involved and had a lot more rest on the bench. That's why the offense ran through Tim more.

Today he probably shook off his sickness a little bit, because I noticed he was playing a lot more accurate, and a lot quicker today.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:28 PM
he usually play good against CP3

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:29 PM

I don't believe that's the reason.It's the style of play of the PG.
But I'm happy with Parker,he can score like nobody in the league can do.It's only sometimes I would like to have a PG that could read the game and the situation when the coach can't do it like Nash or Paul do.
But if Parker can do that then he would be better than MJ.

Joe Schmoogins
01-26-2008, 11:30 PM
What a lame thread. There is no pg in the league I would trade Parker for.

rascal
Josepatches: Whats your point? Paul is better than Parker? Yes Paul is having a better year than Parker. I doubt few will argue with you on that.

This thread is just a knee jerk reaction to a bad loss and pointless.

TDMVPDPOY
if cp3 or any other PG was on teh spurs, pop will have to change the offense

4-1 down is not fun okay

but cp3 is legit,

this thread brings out the church of manu supporters and TP haters :D:D

PS. we lost cause duncan only had 12 shot attempts

timvp
well, you didn't see Manu play in Argentina when MJ was in the NBAGood point. Manu > MJ.

Let me try again.

Jesus Christ has had more influence over the history of man than Manu Ginobili.

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I would trade Parker for CP3. I would trade Manu for Kobe.

That's not why the Spurs lost this game.

ducks
01-26-2008, 11:31 PM
if cp3 or any other PG was on teh spurs, pop will have to change the offense

4-1 down is not fun okay

but cp3 is legit,

this thread brings out the church of manu supporters and TP haters :D:D

PS. we lost cause duncan only had 12 shot attempts

really
do you know pop?

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
It's supposed to get you to blame Parker for the loss, or at the very least make you not notice that Manu is struggling with his shot.

Again.You don't know me.I'm not from Argentina.I'm not fan of Manu.
I like more Parker than Manu.

My point is I would like to have a PG like Paul.You can be agree or not.But it's only an opinion

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Good point. Manu > MJ.

Let me try again.

Jesus Christ has had more influence over the history of man than Manu Ginobili. Manu hasn't reached the age of 33 yet.

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I would trade Parker for CP3. I would trade Manu for Kobe.

That's not why the Spurs lost this game.

Of course.I never said that.I said the same

ducks
so what does paul do that is alot better then tp?

I know paul's numbers would go down with the spurs if tp and paul switched teams and nothing changed

T Park
My point is I would like to have a PG like Paul

I'd like to have a shooting guard like Lebron James too.

meta2007
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM
This is not a reality. Why would the hornets give up CP3?!

T Park
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM

Hes got a really awesome nickname and does those whip behind the back passes alot better.

Therefore

CP3 > Parker

Genius.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Good point. Manu > MJ.

Let me try again.

maybe
but what 'bout women's history?
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6697/spurs2uz3.jpg

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM

I know paul's numbers would go down with the spurs if tp and paul switched teams and nothing changedPaul has the natural instincts and skills of a true point guard. He has court vision and an understanding of how to run a team that TP will never have. You would never hear Gregg Popovich say "we realized Chris Paul was never going to be John Stockton, so we changed what we asked him to do". He shoots FTs an order of magnitude better.

Still doesn't mean that's why the Spurs lost.

jamanuel
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Tony actually played very well early on in this game. He had a few great passes to Timmy in the post and was able to find his rhythm at most points in this game. Sure, there was some inconsistent play, but I don't think it's due to anything outside of what Kori mentioned.

I DO WISH the Spurs would get a third PG so that Tony could get the rest he sorely needs to make an impact in the second half of this season, though.

It was apparent to me tonight more than ever before this season....Tony just didn't have the legs and Vaughn just wasn't enough in a backup role. Spurs might regret letting go of Washington, because they certainly need SOMETHING.

Yes, I agree. Too much shopping and thinks these people are just things. Hope the "No Return, No Exchange" rule also applies to this league.

jay014
01-26-2008, 11:46 PM
How about a trade for this guy? Damn, in the front court next to Tim Duncan. Is young and can score,rebound and block shotsJosh Smith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocaatPvI90k)

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
1 hour-68 replies
Interesting to be a lame thread

timvp
01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
How about a trade for this guy? Damn, in the front court next to Tim Duncan. Is young and can score,rebound and block shotsJosh Smith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocaatPvI90k)Josh Smith is better than Bruce Bowen.

This thread is fun.

rascal
01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
1 hour-68 replies
Interesting to be a lame thread

Problem with this is most posts are stating how unrealistic and lame your thread is.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:58 PM

T Park
01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow Rascal on the same page with the rest of us.

Nice job Jose, you've brought about the worst arguement in Spurstalk history for this to happen :lmao

Fillmoe
01-26-2008, 11:59 PM

lol! i never seen kori get so mad before

greens
01-27-2008, 12:00 AM
This is a ridiculous thread! Tony actually played really well today. It's one of his better games in a while...considering the flu/bad ankle, etc...I was happy with how TP played today. What kind of upset me is that Pop kept him on the bench during the rest time for too long, I felt he should have let him play more minutes cuz the Spurs really needed him, and he was playing so well...So it's looking more optimistic for TP! And I'm glad...he's finding his game again.

None of the Big Three should be traded or even considered to be traded. That's just silly. These guys won 3 rings together because they like playing together, have good chemistry, know how to win, have experience, are all talented, etc...Sure, the Spurs are not looking their best at the moment. But so what, that's what happens every year, I do believe in them finding their groove again in the upcoming trip.

I actually expected the Spurs to lose today because they are not yet playing at their highest level...And NO is having an amazing run lately. And maybe their almost 30 points loss will fire them up for their trip...

Talking about trading any of the Big Three is just wrong...

I do disagree, however, with timvp/Kori bringing up Manu into this thread conversation in the first place when no one even mentioned him...I think the original poster just expressed his dislike for TP...and if fans can't see how important TP is, it's their issue...I don't think it's fair to assume automatically that a person has to love Manu more in order to really dislike TP...it could just be that some fans don't like TP for whatever reason that has nothing to do with Manu...it's a crazy idea to not appreciate TP, but hey it happens...

Now it's becoming again more of TP vs. Manu thread, and I was delighted at not having to see those for a while...so I don't agree with Kori/timvp in that aspect of assuming right away that this thread has to do with Manu...putting Manu down in the process to defend TP.

Obviously, Manu had a bad game today, no one could argue that...yet it could also be still his finger...I saw that he was able to play without his splint thingy today though and that's a good thing...Also maybe he got used to it so much that it felt weird not having it...anyway, whatever the reason, he didn't play well...I just don't think it's fair to put one down in order to prop the other one up...

True fans like both TP and Manu because they see their importance to the team...

Fillmoe
01-27-2008, 12:02 AM
manute bol is better than shawn bradley

Hemotivo
01-27-2008, 12:02 AM
+/-
MFinley -22

Kori Ellis
01-27-2008, 12:05 AM
I do disagree, however, with timvp/Kori bringing up Manu into this thread conversation in the first place when no one even mentioned him..

I've read the guy's posts before. My reaction wasn't to this thread only.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
+/-
MFinley -22

A few ill advised missed shots will do that.

Fillmoe
01-27-2008, 12:08 AM
gerald wallace is better than gerald green

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I would appreciate if people didn't make so many meaningless threads after a loss. Especially a loss that I didn't watch such as today because then I have to dig inbetween your "Fire Pop" and "Trade Tony" and "Tim Doesn't Have IT Anymore" and "Let's Make a Trade for this Guy" threads for the threads that actually matter such as the Barry and Mahinmi news.

Fillmoe
01-27-2008, 12:10 AM
ray allen is better than allen ray

Kori Ellis
01-27-2008, 12:11 AM
ray allen is better than allen ray

Fillmoe made me laugh for the first time.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:12 AM

Tim Duncan the basketball player is better than Tim Duncan the football kicker.

greens
01-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I've read the guy's posts before. My reaction wasn't to this thread only.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Josepatches
01-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Amazing who people can't talk about anything.
Repeat:I didn't said Parker wasn't great.I didn't said Parker was the reason we lost.
I like Parker more than Manu.I'm happy with Tony.
But I would like to have CP3 instead of Parker.That's all.You can be agree or not.I have read a lot more stupids threads in the forum.

PS: Of course I would like to have Kobe instead Manu too.And Howard instead Of Oberto and Elson...etc.The only one that I never change is TD

Fillmoe
01-27-2008, 12:14 AM

Fillmoe made me laugh for the first time.

stop lying you laugh at my posts on a daily basis

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-27-2008, 12:16 AM

Tim Duncan the basketball player is better than Tim Duncan the football kicker.

if you get shot, it'll probably hurt

timmy21_4rings
01-27-2008, 12:21 AM

I do not think it is as easy as it sounds. Who is easy to play with and get assists? TD or Chandler? West or TD? CP can even find better shots to Manu, Bowen, Finley and others. CP and Parker are threats as shooters but CP is threat as a passer that TP is not. How many assists does TP get from Ime, Manu and Finley? When one plays with TD, we need a true point guard and not a shoot first guard.

But TP is what we get and we have to play with him. He is a good player but at any time there are better guards than TP. CP just happens to be one of the better players than Parker..

Josepatches
01-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Agree

debo
01-27-2008, 12:31 AM
whats up with all the CP3 nut gobblin? yeah he's way better than good but there's a lot of better than good players in the leauge. If anything we should be praisning Brandon Roy right now, he is leading a younger and arguably less talented team.

rascal
01-27-2008, 12:35 AM
whats up with all the CP3 nut gobblin? yeah he's way better than good but there's a lot of better than good players in the leauge. If anything we should be praisning Brandon Roy right now, he is leading a younger and arguably less talented team.

The Spurs didn't play Portland tonight. Brandon Roy will be better than Parker the next time the Spurs lose to Portland.

debo
01-27-2008, 12:36 AM
The Spurs didn't play Portland tonight. Brandon Roy will be better than Parker the next time the Spurs lose to Portland.
:lol true.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-27-2008, 01:26 PM
since CP3 rookie year I was for a straight up trade between the 2, and all I got was laughs

now the Spurs would have to package Manu/Parker to get CP3, and the Hornets STILL wouldn't do it

spursfan09
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
When did Tony Parker become the Spurs problem? Last I checked he won a Finals MVP last season. It makes perfect sense to trade one of the strong points of the Spurs when things get rough. The one who I think might go is Brent Barry. It sucks, but he's been injured and I think Udoka can use his playing to really contribute.

Ghost Writer
01-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Chris Paul is better than Tony Parker.

Period.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-27-2008, 08:09 PM
We know.

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
let's trade away the Finals MVP! yeahhh!!!

:rolleyes

-Mars

Ghost Writer
01-27-2008, 08:30 PM
You don't think that Chris Paul could do what Tony did if he was on the Spurs?

In case you need proof, he kicked our @sses last night and has numbers that Tony could never hope to reach.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Chris Paul is better than Tony Parker.
So what? What can we do?

m33p0
01-27-2008, 08:33 PM
yeah... as if the hornets would allow that to happen. dream on, kids. let's stick to reality, shall we?

spursfan09
01-27-2008, 08:56 PM

In case you need proof, he kicked our @sses last night and has numbers that Tony could never hope to reach.

So why are we going to even bother trying to trade Tony to NO. Like they will go for it...

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 09:11 PM
So, because of one regular season game, or even because of REGULAR SEASON STATS, we're gonna THROW AWAY TEH FUCKING FINALS MVP FOR A GUY WHO HASN'T EVEN BEEN TO THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS YET? HAVE YA'LL GONE FUCKING MAD???

-Mars

spursfan09
01-27-2008, 10:10 PM
So, because of one regular season game, or even because of REGULAR SEASON STATS, we're gonna THROW AWAY TEH FUCKING FINALS MVP FOR A GUY WHO HASN'T EVEN BEEN TO THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS YET? HAVE YA'LL GONE FUCKING MAD???

-Mars

:lol Sorry but its panic mode in Spurs city. I don't know why, its only January, but it is.

genomefreak13
01-28-2008, 05:15 AM
Chris paul for parker ? not in a million years.

timaios
01-28-2008, 06:01 AM

Fri, Nov 09
San Antonio Spurs at New Orleans Hornets 97-85

T.Parker 39:26 min 11-20 fgm/a 4 rbs 8 ast 27 pts (+/- +25)
C.Paul 34:14 min 8-15 fgm/a 1 rbs 7 ast 18 pts (+/- -25)

Sat, Jan 26
New Orleans Hornets at San Antonio Spurs 102-78

T.Parker 30:39 min 8-16 fgm/a 2 rbs 6 ast 17 pts (+/- -16)
C.Paul 38:13 min 8-16 fgm/a 4 rbs 11 ast 17 pts (+/- +30)

timvp
01-28-2008, 06:40 AM
While it's true that Paul has undoubtedly had a better season so far than Parker, it should be noted that Parker has routinely dominated their matchups to date.

Parker's Averages Against Paul
31.6 Minutes
17.2 Points
6.8 Assists
.554 Field Goal Percentage

Paul's Averages Against Parker
35.2 Minutes
14.9 Points
7.7 Assists
.395 Field Goal Percentage

That's some pretty nice domination by Parker. Paul only edges him in assists but if you adjust the minutes, that makes it a wash.

Is Paul the better player? Yeah, I guess. But I'd have to actually see him thoroughly outplay Parker in a game at some point to be 100% sure. Paul's best game against Parker and the Spurs was the their first matchup, which was the only other time the Spurs lost against Paul and the Hornets with Parker on the court. Although even in that game, Parker put up impressive stats of his own.

It's a great matchup. If the two teams play in the playoffs, the two point guards would put on a show. However, I do have to say that I'd be rather confident that a healthy Parker could take him.

:hat

genomefreak13
01-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Even if chris paul is the best player of the two, I have no doubt that parker is better suited for the spurs. Parker is a slasher rather than a true point guard. His play benefits the spurs since he can make his own shots whenever Duncan is ineffective in the post. Putting chris paul instead would take away this option.

Chris paul is a true point guard. He prefers setting up plays and taking long shots (with the occassional drive in). Although an all star by his own right, he can't be what tony parker is with the spurs. Putting him to the spurs would change the entire system of the spurs.

endrity
01-28-2008, 08:52 AM
This thread is useless because there is no way the hornets give you paul unless you give them parker and much more.

And Paul is much better than Parker. I don't know why some fans try to hide behind this. Parker is good but Paul might be the best PG in the league right now

Extra Stout
01-28-2008, 09:11 AM
since CP3 rookie year I was for a straight up trade between the 2, and all I got was laughs

now the Spurs would have to package Manu/Parker to get CP3, and the Hornets STILL wouldn't do it
Suuuuuuuuuure you did. Really, I believe you. You're definitely not making this up to rationalize your being a whiny bitch.

And I'm also sure you're well-versed on the salary implications of trades and aren't just pulling it out of your ass.

hater
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
HOw about Manu for Kobe while you're at it?

romain.star
01-28-2008, 09:44 AM
The Spurs players just don't have the fans they deserve (especially Tony and Manu)

VaSpursFan
01-28-2008, 09:44 AM
this cannot be a serious thread.

Ghost Writer
01-28-2008, 10:01 AM
timvp, I expect more from you.

So what if Parker puts up better numbers in the head-to-head?

Parker is on a championship-caliber team.

Paul > Parker

spursfan09
01-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Are the Spurs capable of winning the championship with parker as thier point guard? Yes. its been proven.
Are the Spurs capable of winning with Paul. definitly, but not proven obviously.
Stick with whats been working. Tony is the not the problem of the Spurs. How would Paul act having to defer to Tim Duncan and sometimes Manu the way Tony does.

ancestron
01-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Trading Tony Parker....

thats just crazy talk.

Chris Paul had a great game, sure.

Somedays you're the dog, somedays you're the hydrant.
The idea is to try to be the dog more often than the hydrant.
Which these Spurs have proven they know how to do better than anyone.

timvp
01-28-2008, 03:59 PM
timvp, I expect more from you.

So what if Parker puts up better numbers in the head-to-head?

Parker is on a championship-caliber team.

Chris Whitney > Parker

hater
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
comeon homers we know Kidd, Nash, Paul, Baron are all better than Parker.

I'm just glad we have a top 5 PG in our team.

Ghost Writer
01-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Seriously, though, timvp. You really think Parker is better than Paul? Next thing you'll try to sell me on is that Brady is better than Peyton because he has more rings.

timvp
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Seriously, though, timvp. You really think Parker is better than Paul?I said that Paul is probably better. Is it to much to ask to see Paul outplay Parker one time before we make that 100% statement?

Next thing you'll try to sell me on is that Brady is better than Peyton because he has more rings.If I'm in a must-win game and I can either have Brady or Manning, I pick Brady everyday of the week.

Spurminator
01-28-2008, 05:23 PM
The top two threads on the page right now are "Duncan for Howard" and "Parker for Paul."

Embarrassing.

timvp
01-28-2008, 05:25 PM
The top two threads on the page right now are "Duncan for Howard" and "Parker for Paul."

Embarrassing.Gotta love The Annual Swoon.

Ghost Writer
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I said that Paul is probably better. Is it to much to ask to see Paul outplay Parker one time before we make that 100% statement?

If I'm in a must-win game and I can either have Brady or Manning, I pick Brady everyday of the week.

Wow.

Didn't Marbury used to own Parker? You can't go on head-to-head matchups, because the dynamics are different. Who has more responsibility? Who is guarding who? Who plays on the better team.

Tom Brady is an above average QB in a superior system.

Peyton Manning is an elite QB on a good team.

You put Paul on the Spurs or Manning on the Pats and they'll make it rain.

timvp
01-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Wow.

Didn't Marbury used to own Parker?Yeah and you used to say Marbury >>>> Parker.

Remember?

Question.

You can't have it both ways.

You can't go on head-to-head matchups, because the dynamics are different. Who has more responsibility? Who is guarding who? Who plays on the better team.So Chris Whitney got a bonus in 2002 for being on the worse team?

Tom Brady is an above average QB in a superior system.

Peyton Manning is an elite QB on a good team.The first year Brady has had decent wide receivers, he shatters Manning's cherished record. Give Manning the wide receivers Brady had last year and the Colts wouldn't have made the playoffs.

You put Paul on the Spurs or Manning on the Pats and they'll make it rain.Statistically, yeah. Would both teams be as favored to win championships? Doubtful.

ClingingMars
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
:lol Sorry but its panic mode in Spurs city. I don't know why, its only January, but it is.

thank god I live in VA, where saneness rules.

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-28-2008, 05:35 PM
this cannot be a serious thread.

I guess us in VA, or at least outside of Texas, are the only ones able to calmly step back from ONE REGULAR SEASON GAME and examine a body of work.

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Seriously, though, timvp. You really think Parker is better than Paul? Next thing you'll try to sell me on is that Brady is better than Peyton because he has more rings.

which Brady is. Brady put up GOOD NUMBERS for years WITHOUT a good supporting cast, espicially last year. Meanwhile, Peyton has a HOF in Harrison, and great players like Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Joseph Addai. And I'm a fucking Cowboys fan, but Brady is still great.

-Mars

Ghost Writer
01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I guess we'll agree to disagree old friend, but...

Yeah and you used to say Marbury >>>> Parker.

Remember?

Question.

You can't have it both ways.

So Chris Whitney got a bonus in 2002 for being on the worse team?

The first year Brady has had decent wide receivers, he shatters Manning's cherished record. Give Manning the wide receivers Brady had last year and the Colts wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Statistically, yeah. Would both teams be as favored to win championships? Doubtful.

Marbury and Whitney were better than Parker at the time. No one knew how good Parker would get. The Whitney example was hyperbole to prove a point, by the way. And Paul is better now and is just as young as Parker.

That is a strong statement about Manning. The only year he had a credible defense, Manning won the title. Brady has had the luxury of being in the perfect system. It's easy to hit WRs when you have all day back there.

I will concede this: sometimes it is no about being the best individual talent; it's about being the best fit for your respective team.

Brady and Parker thrive on their title teams... they succeed and put up fantastic numbers.

But I really do believe that Manning and Paul are better players.

Extra Stout
01-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Trading Parker for Paul, if that were even possible, would make sense if the Spurs were trying to build toward becoming a championship team in two years.

However, they are trying to win championships right now, so keeping the guy who already is integrated into the system makes more sense.

timvp
01-28-2008, 05:48 PM
But I really do believe that Manning and Paul are better players.Would you rather have "better players" or "championships"?

Question.

ClingingMars
01-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Would you rather have "better players" or "championships"?

Question.

which is easy for any true Spurs fan to answer.

which is also why I was so surprised that this was even being discussed. No major moves need to be made until Duncan retires, AS A SPUR.

-Mars

Ghost Writer
01-28-2008, 05:56 PM

Question.
Why do these two things have to be mutually exclusive?

But of course, I want championships.

In my mind, you get championships with better players.

Extra Stout
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Why do these two things have to be mutually exclusive?

But of course, I want championships.

In my mind, you get championships with better players.
Pure talent is not the only factor for determining who is "best" for a particular team.

Parker is a proven commodity on the Spurs. You know they can win championships with him at point guard.

With Paul... you don't know that. You hope that. You figure since he's more talented you could win with him too. But you're taking a chance with how he's going to blend in with the current nucleus, and how long that might take.

Why take the chance if you're already winning with the guy you have?

ShoogarBear
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Suns have better players across the board than the Spurs.

So did the Mavs in 2003 and 2005.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-28-2008, 09:07 PM

Question.

seeing what Parker has done for Chandler, West, Peja...

what do you think he could do with Duncan, Manu, Oberto, Finely, Barry, Udoka.....

Rummpd
01-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Parker is much more accomplished than Paul. At the end of the year when TP wins a 4th championship in 7 years in the league you will (who discount Parker's rare ability to shape the game as much or more than Paul with his speed and shooting percentage matched only by Nash).

Parker > Paul.

Josepatches
01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
It's easy to win championships with TD.
If win is the main reason to be better then I guess
Finley>Lebron.
Right now Paul is better than Parker.I'm watching the game against Denver and he's playing like the best Nash.23 pts 17 assist 9 reb

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2008, 10:45 PM
cp3 is for real

if he ends up on a team with a dominant low post player, somoene like d12 or al jeff, or put him on the bobcats, championships is possible....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-28-2008, 11:34 PM
STUPID thread.

CP3 is currently the best PG in the league. Why the fuck would NO trade him for anyone?

As for TP, he's sick and injured and should be resting, so people should lay the hell off him.

DUMB SHIT all around.

rasho8
01-28-2008, 11:37 PM

Two words... fucking moron.

ducks
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
STUPID thread.

CP3 is currently the best PG in the league. Why the fuck would NO trade him for anyone?

As for TP, he's sick and injured and should be resting, so people should lay the hell off him.

DUMB SHIT all around.
because tp has proven he can lead this spurs to the promise land and perform in finals
the point guard postion is not the weakest postion on this team
other postions needs help first

da_suns_fan
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Parker is a good individual scorer but thats it.

Don Quixote
01-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I'm so sure New Orleans trades Chris Paul. He owns this city. He is the Hornets.

Tony's a great PG and all, having a bit of a rough year, but there's no way the Hornets take him for Paul.

Don Quixote
01-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Shoot, the Hornets are the best thing we have going right now. The Saints sucked this year.

Oh yes, we have Mardi Gras. Forgot about that for a moment.

Budkin
01-29-2008, 12:00 AM
New Orleans deserves something good for once... I'm happy for them.

Don Quixote
01-29-2008, 12:06 AM
New Orleans deserves something good for once... I'm happy for them.

There is no place during Mardi Gras like New Orleans. Nowhere.

Tourists, just stay out of ... Treme, Bywater, Central City, Algiers by the parish line, any and all projects, Mid-City, and the 6th, 7th, and Lower 9th at night. Keep your revelry confined to the safer areas, like the CBD, Warehouse District, Lakeview, and Jefferson Parish (Metairie & Gretna).

The Hornets can't get anybody to come to their games. Second-lowest in attendance.

timaios
01-29-2008, 12:08 AM
How about loyalty to players who won 3 titles in 5 years for your team !
You are so spoiled ! Shame on you ! That's disgusting !
A real fan support his team in good AND bad days.
They have nothing to prove, they already won 3 titles last 5 years.
I respect them for that... Whatever happen in playoffs this year.
That's my team !!!

Manudona
01-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Good point. Manu > MJ.

Let me try again.

You need to go back 2000+ years and bring up a character of a fairy tale to try put down Manu, yet, you will not succeed, Manu is even more influential than the Beatles!

Wait, this is not the Ditka thread??

Josepatches
03-12-2008, 08:29 PM
He's killing us again

T Park
03-12-2008, 08:30 PM
So what.

T Park
03-12-2008, 08:30 PM
BTW Parker has 20 also.

4 points less.

Genius :tu

Mr. Body
03-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Chris Paul is a magnitude or two greater than Parker. That ain't bad; Parker's a nice player, but CP is completely different.

Kori Ellis
03-12-2008, 08:36 PM
LeBron > Manu
Kevin Garnett > Kenny Thomas

What's the point?

Spurminator
03-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Trade Duncan for David West too.

ShoogarBear
03-12-2008, 08:38 PM
LeBron > Manu
Kevin Garnett > Kenny Thomas

What's the point?

:lolKenny?

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-12-2008, 08:42 PM
He's killing us again
Is Chris Paul killing a team big news?

Kori Ellis
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Is Chris Paul killing a team big news?

The guy is an MVP candidate and people act like they are shocked when he puts up bit numbers on the Spurs. :lol

Nikos
03-12-2008, 09:16 PM
People aren't realizing that Paul might even be the superior player to Duncan this season thus far. Yes Duncan's defense always puts him into the elite over most mega superstar scorers -- but Pauls offense is so good this year that he might be having the better season overall. Paul's offense is surely the best in the league aside from Lebron. Tim's on the other hand is a notch below right now, especially since he isn't dominating the ball or playing as many minutes as he did pre-Ginobili and Parker.

At this point comparing Parker to Paul is silly IMO. In a one on one matchup Parker can easily hold his own -- and could easily outplay him because he is such a good scorer -- but Paul is just clearly superior overall to Parker or Manu. And maybe even Tim Duncan.

Spurminator
03-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Marvin Williams tonight: 8 points, 5 rebounds

Slydragon
03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Why we at it lets trade Manu for Scola and the Rat..er Mighty Mouse for that Kings stud Beno.

wildbill2u
03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
If the above is true, and it might well be, why would NO make that trade?

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
lol at this thread, parker for cp3? i trade everyone not name duncan for cp3

ducks
03-12-2008, 11:47 PM
spurs lost tonight but not because of tp

Spuradicator
03-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Chris Paul is an amazing player. I've enjoyed watching his career so far.

ducks
03-12-2008, 11:57 PM
chris paul had a once in a lifetime game
tonight

jag
03-12-2008, 11:58 PM
worst part about all of this is that parker is holding his own with this guy...we lost cause we played terrible.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2008, 11:58 PM
this is what happens when you have a pass first pg...

man, i wish we had one with the same caliber as cp3.....

deron williams come to mind, but his off limits...

ducks
03-13-2008, 12:00 AM

if your teamates can not hit shots what does it matter

Dirk Nowitzki
03-13-2008, 12:10 AM
The Hornets can't get anybody to come to their games. Second-lowest in attendance.

That's quite pathetic too. I am sorry but the katrina card can only be used so much. No one even went to their games pre-katrina. Saints had fans going to their games. I dont care if they only played 8 home games compared to 41 for the Hornets. They cost $$$ and if you can afford season tix for the NFL, no reason why you cant afford it for the NBA. OK City gave the Hornets great crowds. I know a disaster is why they played most of their games there but it also showed they have supporting loud and wild fans. NO fans in the NBA fucking blow. They sucked ass before Katrina and they suck ass now. Move the Hornets out of there and bring them back to OK City!

jag
03-13-2008, 12:27 AM

People get upset when tony shoots too much they feel that he needs to distribute to Manu and Tim more...

What exactly do Spurs fans want?

If we lose and:

-Tony scores 30 and 3 assists - he should have distributed more

-Tony scores 15 and 10 assists - he needs to get more involved in the offense.

These threads are getting old

cly2tw
03-13-2008, 04:25 AM
Chris Paul is the best PG in the league, by a comfortable distance to the second which is Deron Williams. My Suns got swept this regular season by the Hornets thanks to him. Just for the age issue, I don't think NO would trade Paul even for TD now.

romain.star
03-13-2008, 05:20 AM
People get upset when tony shoots too much they feel that he needs to distribute to Manu and Tim more...

If we lose and:

+1

mathbzh
03-13-2008, 05:52 AM

If we lose and:

A 30 and 10 Parker would be fine :rolleyes

Seriously, when Parker is healthy he is a perfect PG for the Spurs. He is not the best PG of course but outside CP3 and maybe DWill I would not trade him for anyone in the league.

InK
03-13-2008, 06:04 AM
If the above is true, and it might well be, why would NO make that trade?

Everyone in Sa would want to make that trade, and noone is No would want to make that trade. A conflict of interests i guess.

Tp is not the problem, weak, old, unconsistant bench is the problem spurs should adress in the next offseason.

Supreme_Being
03-13-2008, 06:08 AM
STFU. Tony's a Spur for life.

/thread