PDA

View Full Version : This team has officially become the 3-point line's bitch

TDfan2007
01-26-2008, 11:08 PM
That is all.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
You don't need to start a thread for every little thought that pops in your head.

Matchman
01-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Do you mean the Spurs are falling in love with the 3-pointers or they just cant hit a 3-pointer to save their lives?

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:12 PM
they shoot a lot of 3 bc of a broken play in offense

MaNu4Tres
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Live by the 3, Die by the 3

Budkin
01-26-2008, 11:32 PM
A lot of it just seems like they are being lazy and not wanting to drive.

rascal
01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
The spurs have many players on the team that cannot create their own shots effectively and are nothing more than perimeter shooters.

td4mvp21
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Do you mean the Spurs are falling in love with the 3-pointers or they just cant hit a 3-pointer to save their lives?

Combine those and you have your answer sir.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM
A lot of it just seems like they are being lazy and not wanting to drive.
They're old and tired and waiting for the playoffs.

AFBlue
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
The spurs have many players on the team that cannot create their own shots effectively and are nothing more than perimeter shooters.

This team has been designed that way ever since they drafted Tim Duncan. It has worked for them in the past, so they saw no reason to change it.

They have three players that are able to get into the paint, draw contact, and finish....Tim, Tony, and Manu. Everyone else's job is to sit at the three point line and get open looks.

I've argued since last year that the Spurs need to add another slashing guard that can create his own offense....but then again, the Spurs went out and won a championship in spite of not getting that extra player.

I still hope the Spurs can go out and get someone like that at this point, but I doubt it's going to happen before this off-season if at all.

But again, they did it last year and in 2005 with the same makeup....so they can do it again.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Udoka can pumpfake and go to the rim

Spurs Brazil
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I said in the other thread

I have no problems shoting a lot of 3s since it came from double on TD, inside out

But now we're shoting a lot of 3s without the ball go inside.

ehz33satx
01-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I think the problem is that Pop is going small every game. We need some bigs out there to get rebounds and putbacks. The Spurs are turning into a jump shooting team and a 3 point shooting team. Why not put Elson and Bonner out there more? Elson can hit shots and get the occasional rebounds. Bonner hustles and gets rebounds, tap outs after missed shots and can hit 3 pointers also. Every game I am screaming for the team to go to the rim, slam that damn ball down! Maybe the occasional alley oops! Something more exciting then jumpshots every single time. It is Pop who is killing this team!

TDfan2007
01-27-2008, 01:32 AM
I said in the other thread

I have no problems shoting a lot of 3s since it came from double on TD, inside out

But now we're shoting a lot of 3s without the ball go inside.

That is why I said they're the 3 point line's BITCH. Because before they used the line effectively and efficiently, now it's like we want to impersonate the damn Warriors...the problem is that we don't have guys who can hit a contested 3 (even Manu can't do it regularly). Our guys need to be wide as fuck open to make them and even then it's not a gaurantee so why we're taking so many contested 3s is beyond me.

Roxsfan
01-27-2008, 01:41 AM

against the hornies tonight:
parker,finley,bowen,horry,richardson, and boner...missing from 3 land. (except udoka/manu made 1 each) a disgusting 2 for 20...10% from 3 land.

hsxvvd
01-27-2008, 02:08 AM
Parker is about 40%, and generally he's the one who breaks down the D for our shooters.

He isn't anymore.