timvp
01-26-2008, 11:50 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/popovich_gregg030428.jpg

Josepatches
01-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Maybe because he had more hair now

T Park
01-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Did you see how damn giddy he was at the end of the game trying to knock the ball away?

This game tonight equates to a non moving fastball right down the middle of the plate for David Ortiz.

T Park
Maybe because he had more hair now

Look Emo, take it somewhere else.

BonnerDynasty
Yeah he'll really be laughing when they never repeat :(

ShoogarBear
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
It would have been funny if they had T'd hm up at the end.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9566/popovichkx4.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2008, 11:55 PM
closest thing to al bundy

meta2007
Actually, I do think Pop should take some responsibility for the loss. There's a huge problem for PnR defense. I think the spurs didn't prepare sufficiently.

T Park
Yeah he'll really be laughing when they never repeat

Why is repeating such a goddamn big deal to you people?

If they win 4 more rings, and its every other year, so fing what?

T Park
01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Actually, I do think Pop should take some responsibility for the loss. There's a huge problem for PnR defense. I think the spurs didn't prepare sufficiently.

You haven't watched the Spurs long.

Have you.

BonnerDynasty
Why is repeating such a goddamn big deal to you people?

If they win 4 more rings, and its every other year, so fing what?

Because that's the next level.

T Park
Next level of what?

Next level of impressing ESPN?

Oh good gosh lets get right the fuck on that.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
my favorite
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/739/050623popovichvmedvlargzq8.jpg

timvp
01-26-2008, 11:58 PM
A blowout home loss in January is like Christmas morning for Pop.

meta2007
01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
The reality is a reality. The tonight's loss is on PnR defense and poor 3 shootings.

You haven't watched the Spurs long.

Have you.

Kori Ellis
01-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Actually, I do think Pop should take some responsibility for the loss.
I'm sure he will.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:00 AM
:lmao

Your not getting the jist of the thread are you,

Meta, step back, and just try and read everything everyone will say, youll get it some hour maybe.

Josepatches
01-27-2008, 12:01 AM

I like to take it here

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:01 AM

You know Pop is breaking out a vintage 52 to piece together game film for the flight ot Utah tommarow.

Hes practically geeking like a 45 year old star trek nerd at comiccon.

BonnerDynasty
01-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Next level of what?

Nice try, but you know I am right.

Repeating would take them from Really Good team to Greatness. Once you reach a goal you need to aim for something higher. Spurs' window is closing. You know it.

T Park
I like to take it here

Ohhhh you shouldn't have posted that :lmao

Kori Ellis

True. If the Spurs continued to squeak games out (like the Heat game), Pop would never think they were going to realize how bad they are playing. It's human nature that if you are winning, you don't see your faults as well as you do when you are losing.

This team getting beaten down in the manner they did will hopefully get them to work on their aggression and execution. And hopefully the defensive slackers will stop slacking.

They'll either rise up and get on track ... or they won't. :lol

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Nice try, but you know I am right.

Repeating would take them from Really Good team to Greatness. Once you reach a goal you need to aim for something higher. Spurs' window is closing. You know it.

The window is closing in 5 years sure.

In your eyes it might "take them there"

I still view the team with 3 rings in 5 years as pretty damn special.

1Parker1
01-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Next level of what?

Why do you post like that? You come across as a cocky, arrogant know-it-all fan. People are just offering their opinion....you don't need to retaliate so rudely everytime.

meta2007
The reality is the the whole 'SA' is lost tonight. None one knows how to say. The whole board is confusing.

:lmao

Your not getting the jist of the thread are you,

Meta, step back, and just try and read everything everyone will say, youll get it some hour maybe.

T Park
True. If the Spurs continued to squeak games out (like the Heat game), Pop would never think they were going to realize how bad they are playing. It's human nature that if you are winning, you don't see your faults as big as you do when you are losing.

This team getting beaten down in the manner they did will hopefully get them to work on their aggression and execution. And hopefully the defensive slackers will stop slacking.

They'll either rise up and get on track ... or they won't

Honestly I think it will.

I think it will take a few games.

This is step 1.

Next step is to lose a close game by not rebounding well and to have some white overpaid stiff get 10 plus rebounds and the soft card to get pulled.

Then its full afterburners on.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Why do you post like that? You come across as a cocky, arrogant know-it-all fan. People are just offering their opinion....you don't need to retaliate so rudely everytime.

Its more of a question.

Sorry that I can't be as perfect as you.

Whatever though. I've stopped trying to please you people.

Theres an ignore button. Use it.

polandprzem
01-27-2008, 12:06 AM
True. If the Spurs continued to squeak games out (like the Heat game), Pop would never think they were going to realize how bad they are playing. It's human nature that if you are winning, you don't see your faults as well as you do when you are losing.

How long can you build on that philosophy?

How about a "we are the best, and be even better" attitude?
Like Chicago did in their best days.

TPark - yup they better not repeat. We do not need this :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Honestly I think it will.

I'm not sure. Their defense really sucks and when outside shots aren't going down, things on offense are horrible too. We'll see what happens.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure. Their defense really sucks and when outside shots aren't going down, things on offense are horrible too. We'll see what happens.

Typical Spurs.

Its the typical breaking of the team down in January to build it back up in February and March.

Kori Ellis
01-27-2008, 12:08 AM
How about a "we are the best, and be even better" attitude?
Like Chicago did in their best days.

These Spurs aren't Jordan's Bulls.

1Parker1
01-27-2008, 12:09 AM

Yea, but I don't think the problem is so much as effort as personel. Especially considering Parker still looks injured...and most probably will never be 100% this entire season and Barry keeps getting injured as well. Spurs offense is very, very stagnant and predictable. They are seriously looking their age as a collective group.

They need a creater/scorer desperately outside of the "Big 3." Outside of them, every single player on the team is a 3 point shooter at first. You can't have your offense rely so heavily on 3 point shooting. It was disguised last year with the phenomenal play of the Big 3 in the post season.

T Park
TPark - yup they better not repeat. We do not need this

I never said they shouldn't

I just said I don't think its the end all be all.

If they don't repeat. Big fing deal. Sign Splitter, develop Mahinmi a bit more, sign some wings this offseason go after it again.

BonnerDynasty
Its more of a question.

It's all good. I like the discussion.

To me, repeating would just show (to me) this team had that extra special heart it took to win back to back. Winning in such a deep western conf like this year, Wow.

I think it was pretty obvious Pop threw this game. It's all fun and games now, let's point back to history, same ol' SPAM, but it's going to be really funny when Spurs get bounced and everyone just says "There's always next year."

Kori Ellis
01-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Typical Spurs.

Its the typical breaking of the team down in January to build it back up in February and March.

We'll see. Their defense hasn't been consistently this bad in recent years. Even when they struggled individually on defense, the team defense was still there in some form. Right now (and for most of the season) the team defense hasn't been good at all.

Hopefully Tony, Manu and Tim can stay/get healthy. But the role players need to start rolling too.

td4mvp21
Its more of a question.

She isn't even acting like she's perfect, it's the fact that you dismiss every suggestion/point/argument/whatever that contradicts what you think as stupid and worthless. You talk like an ass in your posts and 1Parker1 told you that quite nicely and you respond with an insult? Seriously, not everything you think is the right idea or argument. It seems like you're the one trying to act perfect, not her.

T Park
can't have your offense rely so heavily on 3 point shooting

It doesn't

jay014
http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2007/01/03/nba/a208f1c7f242990ef85a398d9ab6739e_extras_albumes_0. jpg

Hemotivo
http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_1650/ACF1248.jpg
:p:

Mr.Bottomtooth
http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2007/01/03/nba/a208f1c7f242990ef85a398d9ab6739e_extras_albumes_0. jpg
winner

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:11 AM
She isn't even acting like she's perfect, it's the fact that you dismiss every suggestion/point/argument/whatever that contradicts what you think as stupid and worthless. You talk like an ass in your posts and 1Parker1 told you that quite nicely and you respond with an insult? Seriously, not everything you think is the right idea or argument. It seems like you're the one trying to act perfect, not her.

I talk like an ass in my posts?

wow, we can interpret typed words now.

Awesome.

Way to derail the thread though, congrats.

Hemotivo
01-27-2008, 12:11 AM

PASSION

polandprzem
01-27-2008, 12:12 AM
I never said they shouldn't

I just said I don't think its the end all be all.

If they don't repeat. Big fing deal. Sign Splitter, develop Mahinmi a bit more, sign some wings this offseason go after it again.

In sports you'd better not be a minimalist.
Go for the highest goal possible.

No question I will be with the spurs if they win or not, but as a fan I'm sort of demanding the repeat.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:13 AM
but as a fan I'm sort of demanding the repeat.

demanding?

Your getting sports confused with life poland.

ploto
01-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Pop knows they got away with beating the Lakers by playing only one half and beating Miami by playing only half of one quarter.

Actually, the Spurs have lost 4 of their last 9 home games starting with the Toronto loss. How many does it take to sink in?

Kori Ellis
01-27-2008, 12:15 AM

The Spurs are going for the highest goal possible. I think they are more focused on repeating this year than ever. They just aren't coming together as a team yet. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't.

tlongII
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM

You're not serious, are you? That is RIDICULOUS! I might buy it if the Spurs were in the middle of a long home-stand, but they're not.

Memo to timvp: Teams don't practice much on the road! :lol

1Parker1
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_1650/ACF1248.jpg
:p:

:lol Yea, you'd never catch Jordan Chillaxin' on the sidelines a la Ginobili....

polandprzem
01-27-2008, 12:18 AM

They aren't but that is not changing anything.

The spurs are going in the same scheme every year. They play up to the potential early then get into a slump and hitting on gas at the end.

I just hope they do not think they can just flip the switch whenever they want and win championship. That could end baddly.
I do not know if they realize they are that bad. The old problem, a huge one - rebounds. I do not know if Horry is the answer.

lol at Pop at the end of a game (saw the hilite)

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:18 AM
They just aren't coming together as a team yet. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't.

Wich doesn't make sense because they played together all last year.

The only addition into the rotation is Udoka, and hes picked up the plays and defense mindblowingly quick.

I dunno, I sat there tonight, and couldn't put my finger on what was wrong.

Budkin
01-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Embarrassing to lose at home like that but anyone that thinks the Spurs are done is just retarded, and obviously not a Spurs fan.

td4mvp21
01-27-2008, 12:22 AM

Awesome.

There's nothing to interpret, you make it clear that whoever disagrees with you is an unintelligent, blind know nothing.

Oh, and thanks.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Embarrassing to lose at home like that

Actually with the way they've been squeeking by, I was happy this happened.

1Parker1
01-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Embarrassing to lose at home like that but anyone that thinks the Spurs are done is just retarded, and obviously not a Spurs fan.

I don't think anyone thinks that the Spurs are done...especially considering it is just January. I do, however, think that fans are worried about the current makeup of the team and how far it can go in the playoffs...especially considering how ridiculously deep and tough the Western Conference is this season. If the Spurs thought last year's road to the Finals was difficult...this year, just getting a top 3-4 playoff seed will be difficult. This is why every game counts.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:23 AM
There's nothing to interpret, you make it clear that whoever disagrees with you is an unintelligent, blind know nothing.

I don't but thanks for assuming.

1Parker1
01-27-2008, 12:24 AM

Oh, and thanks.

:lol Thanks for defending me.

I wasn't trying to derail and hijack this thread. I was just getting tired of his cocky/rude posts and felt I should say something.

Back to bitching about the Spurs :)

atxrocker
01-27-2008, 12:24 AM
you mean there are still posters that are surprised at what a douche tpark is?

greens
01-27-2008, 12:26 AM
We'll see. Their defense hasn't been consistently this bad in recent years. Even when they struggled individually on defense, the team defense was still there in some form. Right now (and for most of the season) the team defense hasn't been good at all.

Hopefully Tony, Manu and Tim can stay/get healthy. But the role players need to start rolling too.

I agree...It's been a while since we've seen the role players step up. I did enjoy seeing Udoka really step up, though...out of the role players, I think he's been the bright spot.

The Big Three can't do everything on their own. It needs to be a team effort.

td4mvp21
01-27-2008, 12:26 AM
:lol Thanks for defending me.

I wasn't trying to derail and hijack this thread. I was just getting tired of his cocky/rude posts and felt I should say something.

Well I agree with you, so no problem :)

Back to bitching about the Spurs :)
:toast :lol

td4mvp21
01-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Well now after reading Timvp's posts I'm not as worried about the Spurs :tu

polandprzem
01-27-2008, 12:33 AM
demanding?

Your getting sports confused with life poland.

Yup demanding

Sports it's not life?
So why are you here for? Have you played any sports?
I did and I hate losing. Just like in personal life, love life whatever. You come up with the passion don't look back and go forward. Set the goals and do everything to achive them.
If you are not doing it you are wasting your time IMO. No matter if it's sports, sience, politics. That is in human nature to fight in every day.

If the spurs will make it that will shut up plenty, a realy big bunch of people.

And yes - I'm not claiming the spurs doesn't want it. But if they still got a weapons to do it? WEst is horribly strong this year and many teams made imrovenment. Spurs didn't.

T Park
01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Sports it's not life?
So why are you here for?

No sports is not life.

Sports is a distraction.

Why am I here?

To destroy this website from the inside out.

Mua hahaha.

polandprzem
01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
No sports is not life.

Sports is a distraction.

Why am I here?

To destroy this website from the inside out.

Mua hahaha.

So what is life? huh?

Ice009
01-27-2008, 01:06 AM

This is what I think too Kori. These defense is consistently inconsistent, I don't remember it being this bad before. The closest was maybe last season. Usually we show some consistency for a stretch, this season the Spurs have shown absolustely no consistency from quarter to quarter let alone game to game.

That's why I want Udoka starting. We need to start setting the tone defensively from the start of the game and not letting teams shoot 50-60% in the first quarter and be trailing all the time. We're letting other teams get off to great starts and that gives them confidence for the rest of the game. It's bordering on pathetic.

Emo_T_Park
01-27-2008, 01:13 AM

Huh

you talkin to me?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Yea this is a lame troll.

lefty
01-27-2008, 01:18 AM
So, how 'bout that NHL all-star weekend ?

T Park
01-27-2008, 01:20 AM
:lol

That Jason Jennings man, WHEW!

m33p0
01-27-2008, 04:44 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/popovich_gregg030428.jpg
i kinda agree. after the 3-game win streak with questionable performance, suddenly he has ammo to fire at his troops.

Ghost Writer
01-27-2008, 10:21 AM
So much for a statement game.

Wow.

You guys still think we have the right personnel?

We need a backup PG to spare Parker and a versatile swingman who can, like, score.

A couple players under 30 would not hurt, either.

This was embarrassing.

KEDA
01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
So much for a statement game.

Wow.

You guys still think we have the right personnel?

We need a backup PG to spare Parker and a versatile swingman who can, like, score.

A couple players under 30 would not hurt, either.

This was embarrassing.

I agree 100%

We really show our age now, we have been able to hide it over the past few years, but I really don't think its going to happen this year.

We will be lucky to get out of the first round this year.

Book it!

This is how its going to be for a while, I enjoyed the ride, but reality is here, and its not pretty.

BonnerDynasty
01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
lol C'mon.

The Spurs are 4-time NBA champions. They will not lose to a scrub rookie team like the Hornets in the first round.

I hate the lame ol' It's only January as much as the next guy, but you know the Spurs will kick it into fifth gear come playoff time. Especially when they get to face the same rookie scrub inexperienced Hornet team for 7 straight games.

Facing PHX or DAL in the first round though ...:(

Avitus1
01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
The loss was bad last night. However you gotta be knocked down in order to be built back up. Pops knows this and pretty much anyone that follows the Spurs knows it. I'm sure the team will be working on all cylinders by March.

Avitus1
01-27-2008, 02:23 PM

Champion.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-27-2008, 02:47 PM

Heat fans were saying the same thing, "oh don't worry, they will just turn it on", hell the Lakers fans were saying that also

the run the Spurs went on last season to close the year out was remarkable, they weren't just beating teams they were destroying them, I just have a hard time seeing that happening again unless something drastic changes

Extra Stout
01-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Heat fans were saying the same thing, "oh don't worry, they will just turn it on", hell the Lakers fans were saying that also

And in 2001, 2002, and 2006 those fans were right, just like the remnant of Spurs fans who didn't give up in March of 1999, or January of 2003, or April of 2005, or February of 2007 were right.

Maybe they win it all and maybe they don't, but I've seen too much to doubt them, even when they look this bad.

spursfan09
01-27-2008, 04:04 PM

Awesome.

Yes. You do. YOu think you know it all, and make it seem like no one should talk bad about pop. Or give thier opinion about the Spurs. then you cus like in every 1 of your post. I mean if you seem this mad on a sports forum. Who knows how you act in reality.

spursfan09
01-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh and as for my opinion about this thread. Well I'm sure that Pop has this team's attention, but seriously I'm really concerned for the Spurs. Something's not right and it sucks to think they are just blowing games away. But I've been worried about the Spurs before in Jan so I trust that they will come together when it matters.

remingtonbo2001
01-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Yes. You do. YOu think you know it all, and make it seem like no one should talk bad about pop. Or give thier opinion about the Spurs. then you cus like in every 1 of your post. I mean if you seem this mad on a sports forum. Who knows how you act in reality.

:lol I thought I was overly sensitive. If you think this is bad, go to the political forum.

tlongII
01-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Still think Popovich is HAPPY? :lmao