PDA

View Full Version : Trade This Year?

davi78239
01-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I know other years the spurs usually stand pat, but like i've said before this year just seems different. I mean, I can't remember the last time they got blown out at home twice in the same year and in a short span of a couple of weeks. They just seem to be missing something so far this year and I don't know what it is. Do you think they make a move by deadline or will pop be stubborn and let them ride it out with the team they have?

Chris
01-27-2008, 11:31 AM
:bang

davi78239
01-27-2008, 11:41 AM
:bang

hey I forgot, what game was that when pop showed emotion after the game? Talking about the one you have for your picture thing.

ploto
01-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Elson and Barry have expiring contracts, but would the Spurs want to take on more years of salary? The only reason a team would make a trade for them is to dump salary, especially with Brent hurt.

Chris
01-27-2008, 11:43 AM
hey I forgot, what game was that when pop showed emotion after the game? Talking about the one you have for your picture thing.

I believe it was game 5 or 6 against Phoenix in the playoffs last year.

davi78239
01-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I believe it was game 5 or 6 against Phoenix in the playoffs last year.

you know what? It was game 6 when the spurs closed Phoenix out at home now that I think about it.

lefty
01-27-2008, 12:04 PM
No Trade

Bruno
01-27-2008, 12:40 PM
This year's team is, on the paper, one of the best and deepest team in Spurs history. I doubt Spurs will be more active than usual. Spurs will look at the trade market but they will make a trade only if there is a great opportunity.

T Park
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM
If Nocioni could be had they prob try to get him.

Other than him, theres no one available, I think, that helps this team.

ploto
01-27-2008, 01:17 PM
This year's team is, on the paper, one of the best and deepest team in Spurs history. I doubt Spurs will be more active than usual. Spurs will look at the trade market but they will make a trade only if there is a great opportunity.
I'll give you deepest but not best. If they could trade some depth for a better big man to put alongside Tim, they would.

Bruno
01-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I'll give you deepest but not best. If they could trade some depth for a better big man to put alongside Tim, they would.

Like Rasho... :lmao

More seriously, you are now just acting like a troll. You pop up after each loss and all your comments are negative ones. I'm not interested to talk with that kind of poster. You can quote me as much as you want but I won't answer at your posts.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-27-2008, 01:43 PM
You better believe the Spurs are trying to make a trade but they likely just won't get it done

then they will just say they "stood pat"

Avitus1
01-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Elson needs to go he seems to have fallen off.

SenorSpur
01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
The most likely trade scenario will be for the Spurs acquire a player whose contract will also expire at the end of the season. That way they are not obligated to such a player after this season.

That said, I would be surprised if they make any moves at all before the deadline.

MaNu4Tres
01-27-2008, 01:54 PM
We don't need any trade. We need our big three to be close to 90-95 percent come April and May more than anything. Even though, it would be nice to add a quality defensive big man, realistically I doubt that will happen because of the lack of realistic possibilities. Nocioni would be a great addition if Chicago desperately wants salary to dump off for deng and gordon.

remingtonbo2001
01-27-2008, 01:57 PM
You better believe the Spurs are trying to make a trade but they likely just won't get it done

then they will just say they "stood pat"

.....And win another CHAMPIONSHIP! :clap

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Trade thread!

Ghost Writer
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Elson has no value and Barry is hurt now. We may be f'ed.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Expiring deals always have value.

ploto
01-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Like Rasho... :lmao

More seriously, you are now just acting like a troll. You pop up after each loss and all your comments are negative ones. I'm not interested to talk with that kind of poster. You can quote me as much as you want but I won't answer at your posts.
I said nothing about Rasho. I said the Spurs should attempt to trade some of that depth for one big man who can defend. In the play-offs, Pop usually does not use his depth so it does not matter how good #10-12 are.

cash459
01-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Trade Oberto!!!!! :madrun AND Elson..they both look confused on the court :wtf :dizzy

:bang :bang :bang

mountainballer
01-28-2008, 12:34 PM

agree.
people act as if the Spurs never work on deadline trades, but history proves they always do.
(some trades don't materialize though)
of course an expiring contract could land such players, if it fits in the other teams plans.
IMO Foster could be such a possibility. Indy is close to the start of a rebuilding process, but still don't have any cap flexibility next summer. not that getting rid of Foster was a huge step, but it would be a small step to cut some salary.
and beside the nice fact that Foster is a SA boy, his defense and rebounding would also be very helpful in the current situation. considering that the Spurs will have two small salary bigs next season (Tiago, Ian), there should be some room for Foster's 6.2 million salary.

rascal
01-28-2008, 12:44 PM

The 99' spurs team was the best. Duncan and still a healthy enough Robinson stopped everything near the basket. The Twin Towers.

Ghost Writer
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I liked the 2003 title team the best.