what did he eat/drink in the morning?

lefty
01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
what did he eat/drink in the morning?

Hard to tell; his front teeth are too clean

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Walton = idiot.

One minute he's proclaiming the Lakers as the best team in the WC, the next minute they can't even beat a D-League team.

dbreiden83080
01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't know why Walton is even still around, he adds nothing to a telecast. He just rides the wave of whatever team and player is hot. When the Spurs won the title in 03, Duncan was the best player of all time, when they lost to the Lakers the next year he basically called him a bum. He has been riding the Celtics jocks all year, watch them lose to the Pistons in the playoffs and he will dive head first off that bandwagon. He has no credibility when it comes to his opinion on anything basketball related.

bdictjames
01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
I just like the way he pronounces every word.

ploto
01-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Stupid as always........

In today's ABC pregame "show"

About Spurs-Hornets : "It was a statement game " :lmao

I find nothing wrong with feeling that a victory for a young upcoming team in SA against the depending champs could be FOR THEM a statement game. It is not like they squeaked by. They embarrassed the Spurs at home. Even people on here were saying it would be a good test to see where the Spurs and the Hornets really were.

lefty
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I find nothing wrong with feeling that a victory for a young upcoming team in SA against the depending champs could be FOR THEM a statement game. It is not like they squeaked by. They embarrassed the Spurs at home. Even people on here were saying it would be a good test to see where the Spurs and the Hornets really were.

You know Spurs play like shit during the 1st half of the season.

If we meet the Hornets during the playoffs, it's gonna be esay for the Spurs

ploto
01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
You know Spurs play like shit during the 1st half of the season.

See my posts in other threads about how this simply is not true.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2008, 01:23 PM
The only 'low' is people getting bent out of shape about Bill Walton's hyperbole. Still can't believe that some on this site take him seriously.

BonnerDynasty
01-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I've kinda come around on this guy Walton.

He used to be a big Laker fanboi and dogged the Shit out of the Spurs constantly.

Once the Spurs dominated he jumped on our bandwagon and gives us props. He clowns Steven A Smith all the time.

I don't like him, but I laugh with/at him now instead of getting annoyed.

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 02:14 PM
He's kind of like Charles Barkely, except not as funny.

E20
01-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I just like the way he pronounces every word.
:tu

I like his overall commentating. For humor puroposes. The Man is funny.

Avitus1
01-27-2008, 02:15 PM

Agreed.

Budkin
01-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Walton is just there for comic relief, always been that way.

endrity
01-27-2008, 02:28 PM
well, no one knew Doc Rivers could coach this well, people wanted to fire him last year.

exstatic
01-27-2008, 02:37 PM
well, no one knew Doc Rivers could coach this well, people wanted to fire him last year.
Did it occur to you that since the player roster is different, and the coach is the same, that it's not Rivers' coaching that turned them around?

JamStone
01-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Bill Walton is awesome. As mentioned, if you don't take him seriously, he's quite enjoyable. Why anyone would get bent out of shape over his analysis is beyond me. He's a caricature. And quite an amusing one.

endrity
01-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Did it occur to you that since the player roster is different, and the coach is the same, that it's not Rivers' coaching that turned them around?
I probably agree, but at the very least he is not screwing it up until now. I have no idea what to expect out of the Celtics in the playoffs, too many uncertainities, and they seem to have lost some of that early intensity now.

sa_kid20
01-27-2008, 02:54 PM
You have to admit the guy is entertaining and personally I enjoy listening to Walton because you just never know what the hell is gonna say.

Fabbs
01-27-2008, 03:34 PM
^^ no i think he's pompous and boring.

But i like watching Frank Caliendos impression of Waldo.

MannyIsGod
01-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Walton is smarter than the vast majority of you all. Thats why you get annoyed at what he says. You simply miss the subtle jokes.

Fabbs
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Either that or we get it, still think he is boring, and are smarter then you and Waldo.

E20
01-27-2008, 04:36 PM
THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN.........................boom shakalaka

duncan228
01-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Walton can be funny but I lost what little respect I may have had for his basketball commentary in the '05 run for the Title.
He flopped between the Spurs and the Pistons more than any player has ever flopped on the floor.
When we won he made it sound like he'd been calling it for the Spurs the whole way through. Make a stand and stick with it. Or stay unbiased and call it fairly. The flip-flopping made me nuts.

word
01-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh poor baby...another NBA announcer didn't proclaim The Spurs the greatest team on the face of the earth ?

bdubya
01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Walton's yammering might be a little funnier if there wasn't a GAME GOING ON in the background.

m33p0
01-27-2008, 08:34 PM
hyperboles... that's how he does it.

ancestron
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
"Shpurs taking on the Hornetsh will be the greatest matchup in NBA hishtory"

hater
01-28-2008, 10:32 AM
it was a statement game. young Hornet's came to the champion's court and beat the living shit out of them. that's a statement.

Jimcs50
01-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I agree it was a statement game...what is wrong with this comment????

New Orleans is telling the Spurs that they can not look past them in the playoffs, that they are a real team, and they are not to be taken lightly.

The Spurs have had statement games of their own in the past. In 99, when they beat Portand in a late season reg season game, they were sending a statement that they were a team to be taken seriously and they would be a force in the playoffs, and they proved that.

ClingingMars
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Did anyone hear Frank Caliendo on M&M this morning? Oh my god I nearly crashed my car laughing on the way to school. He does Walton and Barkley perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOnUib3tFo

Also on Inside the NBA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEJG06qEwLA&feature=related

-Mars

AggieJV2006
01-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Please, you're telling me you didn't like the Snapper Jones v. Walton bickering back in the NBA on NBC days?

And Doc Rivers is still a terrible coach... that's the funny part.

Axl Van Dam
01-31-2008, 02:35 AM
:smokin Maybe he hasn't been taking his meds :smokin

Also this statement alone "Somrbody, ship this guy to Alaska" made me laugh my shorts off. :lmao :lmao :lmao . Pretty good one.

sabar
01-31-2008, 02:55 AM
Did anyone hear Frank Caliendo on M&M this morning? Oh my god I nearly crashed my car laughing on the way to school. He does Walton and Barkley perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOnUib3tFo

Also on Inside the NBA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEJG06qEwLA&feature=related

-Marshttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif

Chucho
01-31-2008, 07:24 PM

He's nothing like Chuck. He would be in a sense if he was, ya know, sometimes right about things.