01-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Verajao got hurt trying to flop.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Kobe Blows Layup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Armando
01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Damn Kobe can't even get a foul call in his building.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Lebron for two free throws..

SMART move by Lakers.

da_suns_fan
First one............................................... .....

Made it.

da_suns_fan
Second one............................................... .........

ICE in the veins for LeBron!

Armando
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow LeHyped did not choke the freethrows.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Lakers don't even get a shot off with 9 seconds to go?!!!!

What a choke job by L.A.

Lakers: 1-4 in last five and one win was against Melo-less Nuggs.

lefty
01-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Great, great reaction from Lebron after missing 2 FT's

Armando
01-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Lakers don't even get a shot off with 9 seconds to go?!!!!

What a choke job by L.A.

Lakers: 1-4 in last five and one win was against Melo-less Nuggs.

I can't believe I am saying the Lakers miss Bynum.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Im sure the Lakers will blame every loss on the the Bynum injury.

Did you hear what Philly J said? He talked about how upset he was that they wouldn't have Bynum on the big road trip and how they had "taken a step back" with that loss (of Bynum).

No wonder they're losing.....they're coach is telling them its expected.

Compare this to when the Suns lost Amare for a year and Mike D'Antoni said "We're gonna be a great team anyway". Suns went alll the way to the WCF.

Phil Jackson is joke. So concerned with his own image. Make sure everyone knows that they're missing a player (not even a great one at that) at all times in case they lose.

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Now does everyone here realize how much Bynum means to the Lakers?

He is the difference between the Lakers being a .500 team like last year and them being one of the best in the WC.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 06:47 PM

He is the difference between the Lakers being a .500 team like last year and them being one of the best in the WC.

That or the Lakers weren't that good to bein with and benefited from an easy home-friendly schedule (just like last year).

I hope the team has the same attitude you do. Good luck making the playoffs.

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
That or the Lakers weren't that good to bein with and benefited from an easy home-friendly schedule (just like last year).

Except they didn't have a friendly schedule like last year. They had one of the toughest 1st half schedules of any team in the NBA, unlike PHX who played a ton of sub .500 EC teams. Go look it up.

And it totally makes sense for you to talk shit when another team is down and injured. That' what cowards do.

Still, it's only January and all I care about is that we make the playoffs and our team is healthy. I almost hope we face the Suns in the playoffs and clown them again like we did twice this year.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Except they didn't have a friendly schedule like last year. They had one of the toughest 1st half schedules of any team in the NBA, unlike PHX who played a ton of sub .500 EC teams. Go look it up.

And it totally makes sense for you to talk shit when another team is down and injured. That' what cowards do.

Still, it's only January and all I care about is that we make the playoffs and our team is healthy. I almost hope we face the Suns in the playoffs and clown them again like we did twice this year.

"Down an injured"?!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This is EXACTLY what Im talking about!

Is that you Philly J?

btw - The REASON you guys are about to go on that ridiculous road schedule is to compensate for the absurd amount of home games you've had.

Hence: Easy schedule.

I'll see your boys in Phoenix personally. Its gonna be a blood bath.

TheNextGen
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM

lakers had one of the hardest first half schedule this yr imo

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 07:00 PM

Don't worry this little kid doesn't deal with facts.

TheNextGen
01-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Don't worry this little kid doesn't deal with facts.

i think the fact the the Lakers played the suns 3 times proved they had a hard schedule, UNLESS he is saying that his own team (the suns) are easy? Are you saying that the suns are easy da_suns_fans???

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Lebron really improved on his individual defense.

He played Kobe really well.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-27-2008, 07:04 PM

If they have more L's than W's in all the games with Bynum out, then Bynum is the MVP. :lol

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 07:06 PM

Compared to the Spurs. They'e one of the only teams who have played even less road games that the Lakers.

The Suns have as many wins on the road as the Spurs have PLAYED.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 07:08 PM
i think the fact the the Lakers played the suns 3 times proved they had a hard schedule, UNLESS he is saying that his own team (the suns) are easy? Are you saying that the suns are easy da_suns_fans???

No...the fact that they played a ton of home games constitutes an easy schedule.

Suns got em back at home in February. We'll even up the season series.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 07:09 PM
btw Laker Fans - Jordan would have made that layup!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 07:15 PM
No...the fact that they played a ton of home games constitutes an easy schedule.

Suns got em back at home in February. We'll even up the season series.

If you look at the ESPN statistics for SOS (strength of schedule) the Lakers are ranked higher than the Suns. End of discussion.

A home game against teams like SAS, HOU, DET, etc. is not nearly the same as a road game against the Clippers, Timberwolves, Heat. Did your parents drop you a couple times when you were born? You really don't seem to have much common sense.

ducks
01-27-2008, 07:24 PM
james shoots 15 more shots then kobe and gets a couple more points not impressed

ludda
01-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Walton shouldn't have passed up that open 3 to a double teamed Kobe.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 08:08 PM

Did you hear what Philly J said? He talked about how upset he was that they wouldn't have Bynum on the big road trip and how they had "taken a step back" with that loss (of Bynum).

Compare this to when the Suns lost Amare for a year and Mike D'Antoni said "We're gonna be a great team anyway". Suns went alll the way to the WCF.

Phil Jackson is joke. So concerned with his own image. Make sure everyone knows that they're missing a player (not even a great one at that) at all times in case they lose.

:lol :lol Look at this suns fan talking like he knows about basketball. If you haven't noticed, and I'm sure you have post offense and post defense win games and ultimately championships. (The later you know all to well)

The Lakers are average without Bynum with him they are contenders. That's one thing the suns aren't anymore.

Warlord23
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
james shoots 15 more shots then kobe and gets a couple more points not impressed

WTF? James shot 16-32 (50%) and Kobe shot 10-21 (47.6%). James scored 2 more points at a better shooting %, retard

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 09:24 PM
WTF? James shot 16-32 (50%) and Kobe shot 10-21 (47.6%). James scored 2 more points at a better shooting %, retard

James relies too much on his athleticism to score at this point. His jumpshot is terrible. When his athleticism fades there will be a substantial dropoff in his play because he is not nearly as polished a player offensively as Kobe or Jordan was.

He's still young and can improve, but I get the feeling that unique finesse that Kobe and Jordan share is not something that can be learned. You either have it or you don't.

lefty
01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
James relies too much on his athleticism to score at this point. His jumpshot is terrible. When his athleticism fades there will be a substantial dropoff in his play because he is not nearly as polished a player offensively as Kobe or Jordan was.

He's still young and can improve, but I get the feeling that unique finesse that Kobe and Jordan share is not something that can be learned. You either have it or you don't.
:donkey

He had the go-ahead basket on a jumper, while being guarded by Kobe

Armando
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Walton should have taken the shot.

ludda
01-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Walton should have taken the shot.

Yeah a dumbass move. Passing to Kobe who was far out and double teamed. CHOKE.

1Parker1
01-27-2008, 09:40 PM

:lmao D'Antoni still had the league MVP, an All Star, and the 6th Man of the Year on the team despite not having Amare for the season.

Phil Jackson has Kobe left outside of Bynum.

da_suns_fan
01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Another example is Nate McMillan and the Blazers.

Did his team call it a season when they learned they weren't gonna have Oden?

Philly J's attitude is a joke.

td4mvp21
01-28-2008, 12:51 PM
:lmao D'Antoni still had the league MVP, an All Star, and the 6th Man of the Year on the team despite not having Amare for the season.

Phil Jackson has Kobe left outside of Bynum.

Not to mention that the Lakers almost eliminated the Suns in the first round that year-that Lakers team was a joke! Jackson is a damn good coach, I think he knows what he's doing.

Thunder Dan
01-28-2008, 12:55 PM

yeah forget about how Lebron is 23 years old. There is no room for improvement. His athleticism will fade once he hits 25 and by that time it will be too late

da_suns_fan
01-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Not to mention that the Lakers almost eliminated the Suns in the first round that year-that Lakers team was a joke! Jackson is a damn good coach, I think he knows what he's doing.

:rolleyes

1) They didn't win after having a 3-1 series lead.

2) They're 1-4 since Bynum went down and the excuses just keep coming.

I don't know who they think is coming back in two months. Its not Shaq in his prime. Its Andrew Bynum.

This "treading water", "weathering the storm" talk is just funny. They're setting themselves up for a major dissapointment.

LEONARD
01-28-2008, 01:05 PM
LeBron was a wasted draft pick...so over-rated...

stretch
01-28-2008, 01:07 PM
actually, he had 11 more attempts, and 8 more points. but Kobe also had quite a few more free-throw attempts than Lebron did. you're an idiot.

lefty
01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
LeBron was a wasted draft pick...so over-rated...

Not

TheNextGen
01-28-2008, 03:30 PM

I don't know who they think is coming back in two months. Its not Shaq in his prime. Its Andrew Bynum.

This "treading water", "weathering the storm" talk is just funny. They're setting themselves up for a major dissapointment.

Quick question..when the Lakers beat the suns twice, was bynum playing both games? and when the suns won, was bynum playing?

hmmm coincidence? i dont think they're excuses...seems like its fact.

Warlord23
01-28-2008, 03:40 PM

Here's the thing, LeBron is just 23. And he is improving every year. This year, for instance, I think he has really worked on his 2 biggest weaknesses from last year: defense and clutchness. He leads the league in 4th qtr points and takes the opposition's best player on D at the end of games. I think the Detroit series really opened the door for his 4th quarter decision making. Who knows what he'll improve next year?

When Kobe won his scoring titles the last 2 years, you could always construct an argument that he was one of the best in the league, but not the very best. Sure he led the league in PPG, but you could look at his PER, FG%, Rebs, Assists etc to put some other names in the conversation. You still had the likes of Dirk, Wade and LeBron beating Kobe in both PER and FG%, although you always conceded that Kobe was the best pure scorer and the clutchest player alive.

This year, I'm finding it very difficult to find any evidence of LeBron being comparable with other great players in the NBA. The guy comfortably leads the league in PPG, PER and 4th qtr PPG. He's putting up a 29/7/7 season, which hasn't been done by anyone except Jordan and Oscar. He scores more points, more efficiently than anyone. And his statistics comparison with Kobe is too one-sided.

LeBron 29.9 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 7.3 APG, 2.03 StlPG, 1.05 BPG, 3.26 TOPG, .482 FGP, .708 FTP, 30.13 PER
Kobe 27.9 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 5.1 APG, 1.98 StlPG, 0.45 BPG, 3.24 TOPG, .449 FGP, .842 FTP, 24.82 PER

It's a near-sweep for LeBron. For the last 2 years, people have defended Kobe's poor efficiency by pointing out his underachieving teammates. Yet this year, it is Kobe who has the better teammates and who still trails LeBron in efficiency by a wide margin.

Not only has the torch been passed, we have no idea how far James can widen the gulf he is creating with his contemporaries.

1Parker1
01-28-2008, 04:43 PM
^Well, I would like to remind you that Lebron plays in the Eastern Conference and Kobe in the West. Also, if Bynum didn't get injured, I'd be curious to see what kind of #'s Kobe would have put up the entire season. Too bad we won't know.

Still, I do agree that Lebron is having a fantastic season...even better than Kobe.

Warlord23
01-28-2008, 04:56 PM
^Well, I would like to remind you that Lebron plays in the Eastern Conference and Kobe in the West. Also, if Bynum didn't get injured, I'd be curious to see what kind of #'s Kobe would have put up the entire season. Too bad we won't know.

Still, I do agree that Lebron is having a fantastic season...even better than Kobe.

The fact that LeBron plays in the East is actually not an advantage. Eastern conference teams approximately give up an average of 97.5 PPG while Western conference teams give up 100 PPG. The East plays lower scoring games in general. Not surprising with the likes of G-State, Phoenix, Seattle, LA etc which play at a faster pace in the West.

Also, let me understand the Bynum angle better. Common logic would be that:

a) Till the time Bynum was there, since Kobe had a good second option, his numbers should have been more efficient (higher FG%, more assists). However, LeBron had the superior FG% and assists.

b) After Bynum went down, Kobe needs to score more. So while his FG% and assists may suffer, his PPG should go up. LeBron has the better PPG.

What I'm saying is, if Kobe has better help than Lebron, you'd expect him to score less but be more efficient (kinda like how Duncan scores lesser but is more efficient due to Manu and TP). If Kobe has less help than Lebron, you'd expect him to score more (kinda like Kobe used to do). However, LeBron licks him on both counts.

da_suns_fan
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I think everyone has to agree that yesterday was one of the best games of the year.

No doubt ABC is patting itself on the back for that one!

Now if only the Suns and Celtics can meet up in the finals.

DazedAndConfused
01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
There's no question Lebron is going to be the best player in the NBA very soon. Kobe probably had his best year in the '05 season, but I don't think he really cares about the individual accolades anymore. Furthermore, Laker fans don't care if he's the best player in the NBA. It's all about titles and getting more rings at this point.

Bron can have his MVP award, but he will never sniff an NBA title with that team.

td4mvp21
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM

1. I fucking know that, that's why I said "almost". And I'm not surprised they didn't-Jackson didn't have the talent nor consistency, yet he took the Suns with far more talent and consistency to 7 games? Yeah, I'm impressed. He's a good coach.

2. No shit there's going to be excuses, Bynum averages 13 ppg and 10 rpg. He is a very important player to the Lakers and he is a key reason to why they are a very good team. There's going to be excuses because he helps them out.

Thunder Dan
01-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Bron can have his MVP award, but he will never sniff an NBA title with that team.

you give him a good PG and they will easily win 2 Finals games...which would classify as sniffing a title

DazedAndConfused
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
you give him a good PG and they will easily win 2 Finals games...which would classify as sniffing a title

A good PG would still not net that team a championship. You wouldn't be better than Boston or Detroit.

You need a PG and a 2nd option to complement Lebron. Then you'd prob. be contenders for real since your team is already very good defensively.

Thunder Dan
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
A good PG would still not net that team a championship. You wouldn't be better than Boston or Detroit.

You need a PG and a 2nd option to complement Lebron. Then you'd prob. be contenders for real since your team is already very good defensively.

how can you say the Cavs won't be better than Detroit when they beat them in a 7 game series last year? I know the Cavs didn't make any moves, but neither did the Pistons

DazedAndConfused
01-28-2008, 11:41 PM
how can you say the Cavs won't be better than Detroit when they beat them in a 7 game series last year? I know the Cavs didn't make any moves, but neither did the Pistons

DET is a better team than CLE. Sorry, they are flat out better and should never have lost last year.

They improved their bench a lot this year, while the Cavs are pretty much the same team all around. I know your a CLE fan and you don't like it when ppl talk shit about your team but there is just no way you guys sniff the Finals anytime soon with DET and BOS. You aren't good enough to beat them.

Thunder Dan
01-29-2008, 09:22 AM
DET is a better team than CLE. Sorry, they are flat out better and should never have lost last year.

They improved their bench a lot this year, while the Cavs are pretty much the same team all around. I know your a CLE fan and you don't like it when ppl talk shit about your team but there is just no way you guys sniff the Finals anytime soon with DET and BOS. You aren't good enough to beat them.

maybe they shouldn't have lost, but they DID lose, and they came within a rebound away from losing to them in 2006. I don't care what people say about the Cavs, the only time I interject is when people are wrong-which you are right now. Boston might be a better team, but Detroit can lose to the Cavs because it has happened before. People said last year exactly what you are saying and guess what, they made it to the Finals. You are treating your assumptions like fact, yet you try to ignore the fact that the Cavs beat the Pistons in a 7 game series in 2007, and took them 7 games in 2006. The way you are talking is that the Cavs don't even stand a chance against them, which in that case you are dead wrong.

Since we are making assumptions: The Warriors will never make it past the first round, and the Spurs will never make the Finals as long as Dallas and Phoenix are in the West