PDA

View Full Version : welfare state vs. middle class taxpayers.

inconvertible
01-27-2008, 06:56 PM
the war is on and the middle class is losing.....

gov't asst is for losers and free loaders.....get off my back assholes.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
That's what THEY want you to think! :madrun

George Gervin's Afro
01-27-2008, 07:40 PM
the war is on and the middle class is losing.....

gov't asst is for losers and free loaders.....get off my back assholes.

are poor kids assholes? simple yes or answer would suffice. what about old people who were hard working throughout their lives who need govt assistance now? Are they assholes?

inconvertible
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
people who have earned it, sure. people who haven't, no

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Ha! The mantra of the brainwashed!

Mavtek
01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
are poor kids assholes? simple yes or answer would suffice. what about old people who were hard working throughout their lives who need govt assistance now? Are they assholes?

Aren't just about all kids poor? I don't know anyone under 18 who makes more than me, and I"m not rich. So are you saying all kids are assholes?

bostonguy
01-27-2008, 10:42 PM
people who have earned it, sure. people who haven't, no

:tu :tu

George Gervin's Afro
01-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Aren't just about all kids poor? I don't know anyone under 18 who makes more than me, and I"m not rich. So are you saying all kids are assholes?

So you acknowldege that poor kids are assholes.. that's all I needed to know.

fyatuk
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Our welfare state is very poorly done. For example, with Social Security, if you removed the payroll cap and halved the rate, you would then have the "workers" supporting the non-workers instead of low-income workers supporting the non-workers, plus you'd give all the lower-income workers like a 3-4% raise.

I disagree with these federal programs (I'd rather see them as state programs), but if we're stuck with them, we could at least try and make them function as they were intended to.

George Gervin's Afro
01-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Our welfare state is very poorly done. For example, with Social Security, if you removed the payroll cap and halved the rate, you would then have the "workers" supporting the non-workers instead of low-income workers supporting the non-workers, plus you'd give all the lower-income workers like a 3-4% raise.

I disagree with these federal programs (I'd rather see them as state programs), but if we're stuck with them, we could at least try and make them function as they were intended to.

Well you will never find me justifying how these programs are run. There is to much waste and fraud however they do serve a good and necessary purpose.

2centsworth
01-28-2008, 12:55 PM

they were intended to be supplements and not the main source of retirment funds. In addtion, they were intended to last only a few years (5 or so). The politicians, mainly democrats but republicans too, perverted what the original intent was. However, to argue about it is almost a waste of breath. Medicare alone is going to bankrupt this country and there's nothing we can do about it.