PDA

View Full Version : Robert Kraft

bostonguy
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Seriously what a GREAT owner. I am watching a special they had about him on CNBC. He helped turn this franchise around when he took over in 1994 and has kept improving it since.

By the way I went to the Patriots rally in Foxboro today and it was fucking awesome. A good turnout of Patriot fans yelling and screaming wishing our team the best of luck in the superbowl.

SAtown
01-27-2008, 11:20 PM
New England Patriots: GREATEST team of all time in professional sports history. 4 Championships and counting as the Patriots dynasty is back in full force and isnt dying anytime soon!!

:lmao ...in USA sports history, then maybe.

J.T.
01-27-2008, 11:40 PM

If they lose the Super Bowl it's a bigger choke than the 2004 ALCS.

bostonguy
01-28-2008, 12:40 AM

Fair enough. That is what I was kinda saying. I wonder where the New York J-E-T-S rank? I mean it's been what 40 years since their last championship which was during the AFL era? :lmao :lmao

samikeyp
01-28-2008, 10:31 AM
New England Patriots: GREATEST team of all time in professional sports history. 4 Championships and counting as the Patriots dynasty is back in full force and isnt dying anytime soon!!

If you go by that logic, shouldn't the 60's Celtics be the GOAT?

:)

bostonguy
01-28-2008, 10:46 AM
If you go by that logic, shouldn't the 60's Celtics be the GOAT?

:)

You make a very good case as did that Mavs fan yesterday. This was brought up in the devin harris injury thread yesterday as well. I just think this unbeaten season puts them on a different level. I know they dont play as many games as they do in the NBA but still going undefeated throughout an entire NFL season makes a good case. However, I wont argue the Celts dominating the 60's. It is a win/win for me. :lol :)

samikeyp
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I will agree about the different level. IMO, it is so much more difficult in this era of the NFL to go undefeated. More games, better athletes to begin with but the one thing I think takes more of a toll then people recognize is the 24-hour news cycle. Every time a team starts off the season on a win streak past 6 games, the "can you go undefeated" questions start. They increase with every win as does the media focus and attention. It comes to a point where that is almost all that is talked about and its all the players and coaches hear. So far, NE has handled it brilliantly. The big test comes this week where the crush will be unprecedented.