PDA

View Full Version : So hypothetically I have outstanding tickets but I'm unsure where.

BacktoBasics
01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Too many to hypothetically list and to many to remember exact cities. Where would one go to find out whats outstanding and where so one could pay them and renew ones DL. How long before renewals would one have to retest to renew. Lets say hypothetically one has a expired license from 2003, would one have to retest? A friend wants to know.

thispego
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
national id card for you, son. It's got its very own microchip!

Guess choosing to ignore paying the tickets wasn't the right decision after all.

Johnny_Blaze_47
Too many to hypothetically list and to many to remember exact cities. Where would one go to find out whats outstanding and where so one could pay them and renew ones DL. How long before renewals would one have to retest to renew. Lets say hypothetically one has a expired license from 2003, would one have to retest? A friend wants to know.

I'm pretty sure if it's been since 2003, it'll be a retest (although I'm just talking out of my ass here).

I think just calling a nearby DPS office will get you the warrant information if it was the troopers who made the stop.

01Snake
01-28-2008, 01:36 PM
You'll be sent to a Turkish prison and waterboarded! It happened to a friend of a friend of a friend.

mrsmaalox
01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
You can tell your "friend" that when my "friend" let her license expire for a couple of years, it was definitely a retest. Luckily my friend has never had any tickets, and thus no warrants!

Goliadnative
01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Maybe you should have asked for some input from your wife before deciding not to pay the tickets. Then she would have felt she contributed to the decision making process and you wouldn't have had to start the other thread.

Thunder Dan
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
my little sister had a friend that had 3 speeding tickets that she never paid or went to court for. They tracked her down, and followed her for a week with undercovers, and one day when they were at my parents house hangingout, a lady knocked on the door, cuffed my sister's friend and took her to jail for about 5 weeks. It was pretty funny and pretty sad all at the same time.

BacktoBasics
01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Guess choosing to ignore paying the tickets wasn't the right decision after all.My friend said it wasn't a matter of ignoring them it was a matter of not having the funds to pay them.

Some were written by troopers other were not.

Oh, Gee!!
01-28-2008, 02:45 PM
just turn yourself in to jail. spend a couple of weeks inside and you'll be paid up.

Extra Stout
01-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Guess choosing to ignore paying the tickets wasn't the right decision after all.
He only claimed to be right 95% of the time. This was the other 5%.

BacktoBasics
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM
He only claimed to be right 95% of the time. This was the other 5%.
No one ever mentioned "ignored".

Is the DMV the proper place? Do I need to see the DMV in each city? How do I find out which cities to go to if I hypothetically forgot?

mardigan
01-28-2008, 04:28 PM
They tracked her down, and followed her for a week with undercovers
That's the silliest thing I've heard in awhile

j-6
01-28-2008, 04:51 PM
You can email DPS - I had to do the same thing a couple of years ago.

[email protected]

BacktoBasics
01-28-2008, 04:53 PM

[email protected]
Thanks

BacktoBasics
01-28-2008, 05:08 PM

[email protected] that only cover what I've recieved from Troopers or would they also know about CCPD and SAPD citations? I need a one stop shop.

j-6
01-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Would that only cover what I've recieved from Troopers or would they also know about CCPD and SAPD citations? I need a one stop shop.

They'd know about anything that would stand in the way of you renewing or getting your license reissued, if that's your goal. If getting back on the right side of the law is your goal you'll have to call / email each municipality you think you got a ticket in.