PDA

View Full Version : Greatest drum solos ever

stretch
01-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Ivan Pacheco on Snare (even plays with elbow)

l1WKmoUrDiQ

Tim Jackson on 18 Tenors (loses stick but recovers like nothing happened)

xhsHVVxSJEk

They both won first place for their solos.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-28-2008, 02:26 PM
these dudes are pretty clean. i hear no fuzz. are you a drummer, stretch?

mrsmaalox
01-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Viva I was waiting for you to show up! :) Now do have any Keith Carlock to blow everyone away with?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Viva I was waiting for you to show up! :) Now do have any Keith Carlock to blow everyone away with?sure thing, madam.

tzf75TU9UwU

i wish there was video when i used to see him play every sunday at blue cat blues with andy timmons. my whole body would get hard.

mrsmaalox
01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
..... my whole body would get hard.

Drummers are funny like that! Thanks :)

TheSanityAnnex
01-28-2008, 02:51 PM
As much as I can't stand Dave Matthew's Band...................Carter Beuford kicks ass.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KOatIrazULw

stretch
01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
these dudes are pretty clean. i hear no fuzz. are you a drummer, stretch?
No, I'm not a drummer, but I was in band through school and always had a fascination with drumline, and always enjoyed watching solos such as these. Ivan Pacheco's solo is by far the most fantastic snare solo I've ever seen. The dude is so precise with his strokes, and changes up his tempos and rhythms so quickly and smoothly, its insane.

marini martini
01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
That Ivan Pacheco blew me away! Keith Carlock is pretty dam good. I've always been in awe of drummers. Thanks :toast

stretch
01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
And Tim Jackson is absolutely amazing. He is a god amongst Tenor drummers. Just search for him on youtube. He has all kinds of performances on there.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-28-2008, 03:11 PM
As much as I can't stand Dave Matthew's Band...................Carter Beuford kicks ass.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KOatIrazULwcarter is good, but he is a dennis chambers clone. dennis is one of the most powerful drummers i've seen. this drum battle is classic. chambers(the brotha) makes everyone look stupid. i always felt sorry for bellson(the old dude) on here. 3:17 is where your jaw will drop. 3:33 your jaw will fall off.
WQVsiLXH1Tk

mrsmaalox
01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Drum driven rock and roll has always been something I love. The early Police were like that (Stewart Copeland is a master still). My son was listening to a Police cd of mine and asked me about that song "I Can't Stand Losing You"; I tried to explain to him about how that song is great because of the drums; how the drums are really the melody. He couldn't get it--he's still a little too concrete!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Drum driven rock and roll has always been something I love. The early Police were like that (Stewart Copeland is a master still). My son was listening to a Police cd of mine and asked me about that song "I Can't Stand Losing You"; I tried to explain to him about how that song is great because of the drums; how the drums are really the melody. He couldn't get it--he's still a little too concrete!you need to check out Mastodon. the music may not be your cup of tea, but the drummer is pretty damn good.

marini martini
01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
carter is good, but he is a dennis chambers clone. dennis is one of the most powerful drummers i've seen. this drum battle is classic. chambers(the brotha) makes everyone look stupid. i always felt sorry for bellson(the old dude) on here. 3:17 is where your jaw will drop. 3:33 your jaw will fall off.

Chambers, Yow!

Thanks again! Now I won't be getting anything done, am off to u-tube :toast

Viva Las Espuelas
01-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Chambers, Yow!

Thanks again! Now I won't be getting anything done, am off to u-tube :toastcheck out his stuff with john macglaughlin and joey defrancesco. that's the best drumming i've heard him do.

JoeChalupa
01-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Mick Fleetwood is one of my favorite drummers.