PDA

View Full Version : TUF Season 7

Evan
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I know this is extremely early but a lot of news is happening.

The list as of right now...

Many more names to come.

Matt Brown (7-6 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Steve Byrnes (6-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC)
C.B. Dollaway (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Prince Mclean (4-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Jeremiah Riggs (1-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Amir Sadollah (0-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Luke Zachrich (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC)

Fiveounces of pain also has...

Dante Rivera
Aaron Meisner
Mike Marrello

This is supposed to be a totally revamped product due to declining ratings and a rumored 100 million SpikeTV broadcast deal.

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Who are the coaches going to be and what weight class are they going to build up?

Evan
01-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Rampage Jackson and Forrest Griffin.

MW only even though the above are LHW.

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Rampage Jackson and Forrest Griffin.

MW only even though the above are LHW.

Do you guys think Forrest is ready to be a coach, I mean it wasnt THAT long that he was a participant?

Evan
01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
He is just there for the guys to look up to. He will bring in a real staff.

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
He is just there for the guys to look up to. He will bring in a real staff.

Yeah guess I forgot that they bring in their training crew usually. I guess he has more experience than all of the fighters coming in anyways.

Evan
01-30-2008, 12:04 PM
mmajunkie.com comes up big

"Although we will not release any fight results from the show (we never post fight spoilers), we will reveal a fairly significant change in the way this season works.

According to a source close to the show, “The Ultimate Fighter 7” will start with 32 cast members — not the usual 16 — and every one of them will have to fight as soon as the show begins. The 16 winners earn a spot in the house, and the 16 losers are sent packing for home.

Those fights will likely be televised at a breakneck speed, meaning the season’s first couple episodes should include 16 fights in total. That’s a far cry from past seasons of the reality series, when the first fight of the season sometimes didn’t take place until a second or even third episode.

“The Ultimate Fighter 7” features UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson and season-one winner Forrest Griffin as coaches. The season features only middleweight (185-lb.) fighters and debuts April 2 on Spike TV. A stacked UFC Fight Night 13 event precedes the season premier of the show.

The likely format change should be warmly received by critics of the show who complain that the series focuses more on the drama and in-house antics than it does training and the actual fights. Additionally, many of the show’s weaker cast members will likely be eliminated before they’re even technically a part of the cast, assuring that only the cream of the crop are in the house for the duration of the show.

Unfortunately, we have no information on how the initial match-ups might be determined."

Evan
01-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Updated

Paul Bradley (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Matt Brown (7-6 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Steve Byrnes (6-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC)
C.B. Dollaway (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Mike Marrello (6-1-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Prince Mclean (4-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Jeremiah Riggs (1-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
David Roberts (5-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC)
Amir Sadollah (0-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Brandon Sene (2-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Dan Simmler (0-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC)
Luke Zachrich (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC)

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
mmajunkie.com comes up big

"Although we will not release any fight results from the show (we never post fight spoilers), we will reveal a fairly significant change in the way this season works.

According to a source close to the show, “The Ultimate Fighter 7” will start with 32 cast members — not the usual 16 — and every one of them will have to fight as soon as the show begins. The 16 winners earn a spot in the house, and the 16 losers are sent packing for home.

Those fights will likely be televised at a breakneck speed, meaning the season’s first couple episodes should include 16 fights in total. That’s a far cry from past seasons of the reality series, when the first fight of the season sometimes didn’t take place until a second or even third episode.

“The Ultimate Fighter 7” features UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson and season-one winner Forrest Griffin as coaches. The season features only middleweight (185-lb.) fighters and debuts April 2 on Spike TV. A stacked UFC Fight Night 13 event precedes the season premier of the show.

The likely format change should be warmly received by critics of the show who complain that the series focuses more on the drama and in-house antics than it does training and the actual fights. Additionally, many of the show’s weaker cast members will likely be eliminated before they’re even technically a part of the cast, assuring that only the cream of the crop are in the house for the duration of the show.

Unfortunately, we have no information on how the initial match-ups might be determined."

Sounds like a winner

Evan
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
This cuts out the idiots who don't show up in shape and just want to be on TV.

You're going to have to hit the ground running ready to fight or SFTU and leave. :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :clap

Gabe....

ATRAIN
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
This cuts out the idiots who don't show up in shape and just want to be on TV.

You're going to have to hit the ground running ready to fight or SFTU and leave. :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :clap

Gabe....

It should be funny to see some of those guys get squashed!!

LEONARD
01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Forrest and Rampage could make a show about drying paint intertaining...

Evan
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM

Tomorrow we need much more participation and better quality out of you. :madrun

desflood
01-31-2008, 11:50 AM
That's the idea. TUF ratings have been falling since the second season. This season will be all about Charisma (note the capital C).

LEONARD
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Yep...

No Jacare on TUF 7 apparently...damnit!! I was hoping he'd be on there tooling everybody...hehe

Evan
01-31-2008, 01:13 PM
That's the idea. TUF ratings have been falling since the second season.

Oh yeah. Its been getting stale with zero changes. Forget the drama, get back to fighting.

If I want to see drama I will watch cheaters! :lol

Evan
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Season finale is June 21. wow they are filming and churning this out fast.

Evan
03-13-2008, 11:54 AM
For the first time in the show’s history, starting with its seventh season, “The Ultimate Fighter” will debut on Spike TV with 32 competitors vying for a shot at a UFC contract. This time each competitor will have to fight to earn his spot on the show.

The first two episodes, airing April 2 and April 9, will include a total of 16 fights, either airing in their entirety or featuring extensive highlights. The 16 fighters who win will advance to The Ultimate Fighter house, while the 16 fighters who lose will go home.

“The new format will give us two incredibly intense episodes to launch the season and will weed out some of the guys who might not have the heart and desire that it takes to become a UFC fighter,” said UFC president Dana White about the new season.

The coaches for the final 16 middleweight fighters will be current light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and his next opponent, Ultimate Fighter alumnus Forrest Griffin.

The list of fighters vying for a spot on the seventh season, as released by Dave Meltzer of Yahoo Sports, is as follows: Paul Bradley, Steve Byrnes, Mike Dolce, Gerald Harris, Dante Rivera, David Baggett, Matt Brown, Erik Charles, John Clarke, Daniel Cramer, Tim Credeur, Clarence Dollaway, John Hall, Nick Klein, David Mewborn, Mike Marrello, Jeremy May, Prince LaDonas Mclean, Aaron Meisner, Reggie Orr, Matthew Riddle, Jeremiah Riggs, David Roberts, Nick Rossborough, Amir Sadollah, Patrick Schultz, Brandon Sene, Dan Simmler, Jesse Taylor, Cale Yarbrough, John Wood, and Luke Zachrich.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5879&zoneid=13

LEONARD
03-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Can't wait :fro

and the Fight Night leading into it...gonna be a great night!

dallaskd
03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
I was somewhat of a aquaintance of Princy when i lived in Ohio and Illinois for about a year and a half. Hes real cool. I know a couple of guys who wrestled with him in high school. I had no idea he was going to be on the show. neat.

I think that he actually used to post on mavtalk and idk if he still does..i have no idea what his user name was.

Evan
03-14-2008, 11:02 AM
TAPOUT NAMED OFFICIAL APPAREL SPONSOR FOR SEASON SEVEN OF SPIKE TV'S HIT SERIES, "THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER"

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/TapouT-Named-Official-Sponsor-For-The-Ultimate-Fighter-7.html

If they only dropped the costumes!