PDA

View Full Version : New England just got jinxed

J.T.
01-28-2008, 05:03 PM
http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic-Championship-Englands-Unbeatable/dp/1600781500/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201557702&sr=1-1

Bet your 401K on the Giants today.

midgetonadonkey
01-28-2008, 05:07 PM
http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic-Championship-Englands-Unbeatable/dp/1600781500/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201557702&sr=1-1

Bet your 401K on the Giants today.

Too bad the Taco Bell you work at doesn't provide you with a 401k or I'm sure you would.

monosylab1k
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
I just pre-ordered that bitch. :smokin

I'd agree with the jinx but they're going against Eli Manning, who immediately neutralizes any jinx possible. The Patriots could run onto the field before the game announced over the P.A. as the "SB 42 Champions" while they all hold early editions of the NY Times with the headline "Patriots Defeat Truman" in 50 inch type, while Bob Kraft watches the game with the Lombardi Trophy already in the suite with him and Brady filming an "I'm going to Disneyland!" commercial right before the opening kickoff.......and there still wouldn't be any jinx potential due to Eli Manning's presence.

Extra Stout
01-28-2008, 05:12 PM
It's fixed!

J.T.
01-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Too bad the Taco Bell you work at doesn't provide you with a 401k or I'm sure you would.

What the fuck did I ever do to you besides your team historically being my team's bitch?

J.T.
01-28-2008, 05:21 PM

I'd agree with the jinx but they're going against Eli Manning, who immediately neutralizes any jinx possible. The Patriots could run onto the field before the game announced over the P.A. as the "SB 42 Champions" while they all hold early editions of the NY Times with the headline "Patriots Defeat Truman" in 50 inch type, while Bob Kraft watches the game with the Lombardi Trophy already in the suite with him and Brady filming an "I'm going to Disneyland!" commercial right before the opening kickoff.......and there still wouldn't be any jinx potential due to Eli Manning's presence.

This post and [insert any bostonguy post EVER!!!] just added fuel to the jinx machine.

midgetonadonkey
01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
What the fuck did I ever do to you besides your team historically being my team's bitch?

Historically my team is everybody's bitch.

stretch
01-28-2008, 05:37 PM

Wow...

You talk all kinds of shit about the city of Philadelphia having their parade route planning in case they win, which is something ALL cities do when their team is in the championship game, or about the Steelers having their bags packed ahead of time for if they were to beat the Patriots. But suddenly not a big deal for the Patriots to have a book written about their 19-0 season when the Superbowl is over a week away.

:dizzy

midgetonadonkey
01-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Wow...

You talk all kinds of shit about the city of Philadelphia having their parade route planning in case they win, which is something ALL cities do when their team is in the championship game, or about the Steelers having their bags packed ahead of time for if they were to beat the Patriots. But suddenly not a big deal for the Patriots to have a book written about their 19-0 season when the Superbowl is over a week away.

:dizzy

Actually it's less than a week away.

monosylab1k
01-28-2008, 07:38 PM
But suddenly not a big deal for the Patriots to have a book written about their 19-0 season when the Superbowl is over a week away.
The Patriots didn't have shit written about themselves. The Boston Globe did.

And there's a gigantic difference between the fucking Eagles & Steelers thinking they have a guaranteed win against the Patriots, and the Patriots thinking they have one against Eli Manning.

If the Colts planned a parade 2 minutes after winning the AFC championship last year, who cares? Go for it. Let the city of Chicago know every detail. They were about to play Rex freakin' Grossman.

Disrespecting a shit team with a shit QB is one thing. Disrespecting a team like the Patriots is something else completely.

J.T.
01-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Disrespecting a shit team with a shit QB is one thing. Disrespecting a team like the Patriots is something else completely.

Yeah Eli Manning has really played like shit lately hasn't he?

monosylab1k
01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah Eli Manning has really played like shit lately hasn't he?
Rex Grossman was looking pretty salty in his first 2 playoff games as well, but that didn't stop him from giving the most pathetic performance in Super Bowl history, did it?

J.T.
01-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Rex Grossman was looking pretty salty in his first 2 playoff games as well, but that didn't stop him from giving the most pathetic performance in Super Bowl history, did it?

Fucking Puh-leeze, Mono. Grossman did jack shit in the playoffs last year besides that 68 yard TD pass he made against the Seahawks. The Bears were in the Super Bowl because of their defense, and their RBs, not Grossman, and everyone knows that.

bostonguy
01-28-2008, 08:23 PM
The sweetest part is the Patriots team themselves arent buying into the hype. They are ready and focused. They know all of what they have done doesnt mean a damn thing if they dont get the job done come Sunday. Brady and this entire team will be ready. They know what they have to do to make it happen. Try all these supersticious things if it makes you feel any better. Brady isnt letting this team come up short. He wants that 4th title so badly. This is for Seau and Moss!!