PDA

View Full Version : Udoka Ejection

AFBlue
01-28-2008, 11:30 PM
What do you think?

Personally I thought his intensity was needed, but unfortunately the refs took exception and his ejection cost the Spurs in the end. Sort of sitting on the fence for this one, but I'm leaning towards answer #2.

At least he brought SOMETHING tonight.

ducks
01-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I Think Pop Better Play Him Next Game

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I think the NBA is a weak-arsed pansy league when people get tossed for what looked to me like nothing at all. Please explain why he got tossed.

spursparker9
01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
ime only got 1 tech right??
i thought that a player needs 2 techs to get tossed

Kori Ellis
01-28-2008, 11:35 PM
ime only got 1 tech right??
i thought that a player needs 2 techs to get tossed

He got 2 techs.

The first one was a double tech with Boozer.

Ice009
01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
IME is my boy. start him next game. I've seen enough of Finley and Bowen. i really don't care who Pop benches anymore, but he'd better bench one of them by the next game.

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
at least sudoka showed up for the game

wtf was everyone?

i was pissed when duncan only had 13 shot attempts after the end of the 3rd quarter, then his next shot attempt was at the 6min mark of the 4th....fuck that, we arent going to win games if duncan doesnt assert himself more on the offensive end takn more shots, than passing it out to scrubs who cant anything

Hemotivo
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Out of control and not necessary

Back to the doghouse

lefty
01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
He got 2 techs.

The first one was a double tech with Boozer.

Will I get my flag Kori ? :p:

Avitus1
01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
The more and more IME plays the more and more I enjoy what he brings to the team.

Ice009
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Udoka is standing up from the bullshit treatment we're getting from the refs and the other teams. I think he's sick of seeing most of the Spurs players take it up the ass. We need a little Rasheed/S-Jax up in this house. Teams are just dumping on us. We gotta stop taking it and HIT back HARD.

loveforthegame
I love his intensity and glad he won't take shit from anyone but his ejection came at such a critical time. We were only down 2 and it went to hell quickly after that.

Kori Ellis
Will I get my flag Kori ? :p:

I doubt it. You don't live there.

VaSpursFan
01-28-2008, 11:45 PM
udoka plays with fire and this team needs someone to care. pop needs to find significant minutes for Ime asap. with our d sucking we need some offense so we don't continue to dig ourselves a whole in the first half.

lefty
01-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I doubt it. You don't live there.

Ok then.

Can I have a Canadian flag at least ?

nkdlunch
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
any show of passion is a good sign.

we did not lose the game because of Udoka. we fucking went in a double digit hole in the 1st quarter like usual. Fuck!!!!!

ploto
01-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Udoka got 2 technicals- not an ejection for one thing. Players have to know when the refs are getting T happy because the game is getting chippy.

Hemotivo
I love his intensity and glad he won't take shit from anyone but his ejection came at such a critical time. We were only down 2 and it went to hell quickly after that.
yep

how many spurs has been ejected this season?

and the last season?

Kori Ellis
I don't think it matters much, so I put neither The first T was just a dumb double T. It's good that he's passionate though.

Ice009

It went down the toilet because Ime was a huge part of the comeback. I'm sure Pop will have a talk to him about the tech. He better not put him in the doghouse for it though. I'm sure Ime knows he f.ucked up on that one, just don't punish Ime and the rest of the team for it.

oeny2
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
I believe Udoka should be in the starting lineup till the end of the season. They need more offensive power. I believe Udoka can provide them with that and Vaughn needs to be traded or something. The spurs right now are playing terrible basketball. That team needs to be tweaked a lil bit cuz if they keep playin like this they will not repeat as champions....does anyone agree with me????

td4mvp21
01-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I wish he would kept shut, but who know that ref would take on the persona of the Jazz players/crowd and go into bitch pms mode? I love Udoka, he is a tough guy. Did you see him lay Kirilenko the fuck out? That bitch just laid there while Udoka stood over him and talked shit. That was fucking good to see, I'm glad someone on this team has some balls.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-28-2008, 11:54 PM
IME is my boy. start him next game. I've seen enough of Finley and Bowen. i really don't care who Pop benches anymore, but he'd better bench one of them by the next game.

That's what I reckon.

Bruce/Mike, doesn't matter, bench one of them for Ime, but also play him with the second unit at times. Just get him on the floor, and lots!

We may be seeing the end of Bowen's effective career this season... very sad.

If only we could combine the following pairs of players into one, we'd have a super-deep team:

Fin/Bruce
Rob/Bonner
Fab/Fran

Unfortunately, at the moment individually they are sucking it up... :depressed

AFBlue
01-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Udoka got 2 technicals- not an ejection for one thing. Players have to know when the refs are getting T happy because the game is getting chippy.

Two techs = automatic ejection....so you're arguing semantics.

Ice009
01-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I wish he would kept shut, but who know that ref would take on the persona of the Jazz players/crowd and go into bitch pms mode? I love Udoka, he is a tough guy. Did you see him lay Kirilenko the fuck out? That bitch just laid there while Udoka stood over him and talked shit. That was fucking good to see, I'm glad someone on this team has some balls.

Yep someone has to step up for this team cause we're letting other teams push us around.

Kori Ellis
01-28-2008, 11:58 PM
That's what I reckon.

Bruce/Mike, doesn't matter, bench one of them for Ime, but also play him with the second unit at times. Just get him on the floor, and lots!

If only we could combine the following pairs of players into one, we'd have a super-deep team:

Fin/Bruce
Rob/Bonner
Fab/Fran

Bowen is still playing pretty damn good D on most nights. His shot is just off. He loses it at some point every year. Last year he lost it Dec-Feb if I remember correctly.

T Park
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
We may be seeing the end of Bowen's effective career this season

:lol

Yeah I guess you missed his defense in that 4th quarter.

But keep buying into that flawed and BS thinking

Gooshie
01-29-2008, 12:00 AM
If it was the Playoffs, I would say it was stupid and unnecessary. Since it's still January, I think it's a good thing.
He didn't back down from Boozer on the Double T and then he called out AK47 for trying to flop on Manu's Free Throw.
In the big picture, I think this is the kind of thing that can bring some toughness to the Spurs - something we desperately need.

AFBlue
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Bowen got beat down the court on a regular basis tonight and was mostly ineffective in his pestering D.

I'm nowhere near saying he's done, but he has struggled in some recent games keeping up his defensive intensity.

ploto
Two techs = automatic ejection....so you're arguing semantics.
No I am not. Some people thought he got ejected for one thing he did at that moment and did not realize he already had a technical. They wondered what he did so awful to warrant an ejection. It was not one thing- it was two separate things and 2 different instances.

nkdlunch
Bowen is still playing pretty damn good D on most nights. His shot is just off.

correction, his shot is way, way off. same as horry's and bonner's . damn. I'm surprised we actually competitive at this point

Kori Ellis
01-29-2008, 12:02 AM
correction, his shot is way, way off. same as horry's and bonner's . damn. I'm surprised we actually competitive at this point

I believe last year he went something like six weeks where he shot 15% from 3 or something like that. I'm used to Bowen slumping badly at points every season. I'm not sure why other Spurs fans aren't used to it :lol

ploto
01-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Yep someone has to step up for this team cause we're letting other teams push us around.
Pop still has not pulled out the "soft" speech.

T Park
01-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Spurs fans act like these shooting slumps and losing streaks are all brand new.

Kori Ellis
01-29-2008, 12:04 AM

Well this kind of losing is pretty new. The Spurs haven't looked this bad on an ongoing basis in years.

Ice009
01-29-2008, 12:05 AM
What do you think about starting Ime Kori???

I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I prefer Micahel to be benched. Bruce still plays good D most nights. Fin not so much. Spurs need consistency in the starting lineup. Manu having to carry too much of a load off the bench.

box-out
01-29-2008, 12:05 AM
long time lurker here, but i felt the need to register after udoka's ejection....

Ime became a spur tonight. with passion. with intensity. i liked it. he wants to win here. he knows he can!

its all good :smokin

nkdlunch
01-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Well this kind of losing is pretty new. The Spurs haven't looked this bad on an ongoing basis in years.

yup. that's why I said 2-7 in this road trip. at best.

Ice009
01-29-2008, 12:09 AM
yup. that's why I said 2-7 in this road trip. at best.

I know everyone is frustrated, but you can't toss in the towel now. GOT TO keep fighting. I think a few tweaks will get us going again with out even having to make a trade. Maybe a minor trade. Also, I'd take a long hard look at Stoudamire right about now, if Tony is hurting that much.

timvp
01-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Pop HATES players getting ejected. It's not a laughing matter with Pop.

To Pop, keeping your cool in the face of adversity is huge. I remember in 1998 Monty Williams was playing well and playing a decent amount of minutes. He lost his cool and got ejected (IIRC against the Lakers) and then Pop took him out of the rotation and never played him again. Even Glenn Robinson was playing pretty regularly in the playoffs until he picked up a couple technicals and then Pop stopped playing him.

This was a major F up by Udoka. Some coaches like the "passion". However, Pop's whole mantra is too stay level headed and chip away at the rock. I guarantee that Udoka is getting an ear full right now.

We'll see if Pop cuts back Udoka's minutes in coming games. Udoka's lucky Barry is injured because Pop doesn't really have a choice but to play Udoka.

T Park
01-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Even Glenn Robinson was playing pretty regularly in the playoffs until he picked up a couple technicals and then Pop stopped playing him.

Game 4 vs Seattle.

Hemotivo
01-29-2008, 12:17 AM

To Pop, keeping your cool in the face of adversity is huge. I remember in 1998 Monty Williams was playing well and playing a decent amount of minutes. He lost his cool and got ejected (IIRC against the Lakers) and then Pop took him out of the rotation and never played him again. Even Glenn Robinson was playing pretty regularly in the playoffs until he picked up a couple technicals and then Pop stopped playing him.

This was a major F up by Udoka. Some coaches like the "passion". However, Pop's whole mantra is too stay level headed and chip away at the rock. I guarantee that Udoka is getting an ear full right now.

We'll see if Pop cuts back Udoka's minutes in coming games. Udoka's lucky Barry is injured because Pop doesn't really have a choice but to play Udoka.
Exactly

or maybe Pop right now is soft and the next game Ime is a starter

but i think he deserves a spot in the doghouse

The Truth #6
01-29-2008, 12:22 AM
I can't imagine Pop getting upset with Ime. And if Pop does then he would be sending the wrong message. The team needs intensity in the worst way. Tim and Manu played well enough to win. Tony's slump is getting ridiculous. The Big 3 is a Big 2 right now until Tony gets his quickness back. His flailing is painful to watch as a Spurs fan. He looks like the ghost of Tony future out there. I felt like we played better with Jacque than Tony for large stretches. I would love to see the plus/minus on that one. But back to Ime - he adds rebounding, scoring, and defense. What's not to like? Neither Bruce nor Finley can offer more than one of those things right now.

As for the tech, who is to say it was even warranted? The Jazz are an odd bunch of tough players and total cream puffs. No wonder Ime was getting pissed. He gets hammered by Harpring and Boozer and then has to watch Korver and AK47 flop. At least the Spurs players who flop are also tough-minded (Manu, Oberto, Bowen.)

This game might be an unlikely spark to get the team going. Horry looked like a living person for the first time all year. He didn't score but got angry a bunch and that seemed to snap him back into reality.

Bonner doesn't have the right kind of intensity. I remember Tim yelling at him to remember a certain play call/hand signal. I hope he turns it around and proves he can hang.

But like everyone, I can only wonder what happens next. The team could go on a tear and win the title or get even worse and have to fight for the 8th seed.

Ice009
01-29-2008, 12:24 AM

Well those players are no where near as good as Udoka. We really need Udoka. DO you want to throw the whole season away over an ejection in freaking JANUARY????? If Pop does he needs to be fired.

Ime definitely deserves an earful, but he CANNOT be benched permanently because of it. If he does it again lock him away and throw the away the key, but Pop can't do it for one stuff up early in January.

Would Pop do that with Rasheed if he had him. Pop really has to look at the situation very carefully this time.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-29-2008, 12:26 AM
I can't imagine Pop getting upset with Ime. And if Pop does then he would be sending the wrong message. The team needs intensity in the worst way.
+1 This team needs to push back when pushed.

Right before he got tossed Ak flops after a free throw attempt. And Ime is barking at him. " Get yo ass up bitch!". classic... :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-29-2008, 12:40 AM

Who said anything about shooting slumps? The Spurs look like ass, have for a couple of weeks, even when you factor in their typical winter slumps of years past.

Lots of work to do for this team right now, no matter what the homers say.

timvp
01-29-2008, 12:40 AM
I personally like Ime's fire. However, that's not how Pop thinks. Udoka getting ejected in that situation goes against everything Pop preaches.

Kori Ellis
01-29-2008, 12:42 AM
What do you think about starting Ime Kori???

I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I prefer Micahel to be benched. Bruce still plays good D most nights. Fin not so much. Spurs need consistency in the starting lineup. Manu having to carry too much of a load off the bench.

I have been saying for about a week now that I think Ime will start over Fin soon.

T Park
01-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Udoka getting ejected in that situation goes against everything Pop preaches.

Yup.

Giving up a point down 2 and hten not being there to defend Korver, pop is prob practically pinning the loss on Udoka right now.

T Park
01-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Who said anything about shooting slumps?

Uh all the people wanting one Bowen, Bruce to be benched...

Ice009
01-29-2008, 12:49 AM
I have been saying for about a week now that I think Ime will start over Fin soon.

After the Houston game is when the idea first popped in my head. I just like the way he played that game in crunch time. Showed some poise, of course if TIMVP is right then that ejection tonight could have canceled out that poise factor I liked so much. IME you should have stayed on the court man :(.

Dave McNulla
01-29-2008, 12:55 AM
i still don't know what he did to get ejected.

objective
01-29-2008, 12:55 AM
bench Finley and watch what production he does give mostly disappear. He doesn't deliver off the bench like he does as a starter.

Ice009
01-29-2008, 12:58 AM
bench Finley and watch what production he does give mostly disappear. He doesn't deliver off the bench like he does as a starter.

Well trade him then. Finley can't be babied into giving us production at the expense of winning. If he's on the bench and gives us nothing then trade his ass.

T Park
01-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Finley can't be babied into giving us production at the expense of winning. If he's on the bench and gives us nothing then trade his ass

Your going over the edge now.

sprrs
01-29-2008, 01:03 AM
It's worth the point and eventual loss if some of that intensity carries over to the rest of the team from here on.

Ice009
01-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Your going over the edge now.

I thought of deleting that after I wrote it ;). I think Micahel will be OK off the bench. He's one of the leaders of the team and he's a lot more settled right now than he was this time last season.

greens
01-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I personally like Ime's fire. However, that's not how Pop thinks. Udoka getting ejected in that situation goes against everything Pop preaches.

The thing is that the Spurs are in trouble right now...I would hope that Pop would let this one incident go. Udoka has been playing really well in the past games...he is a good offensive and defensive player. With Barry out, the Spurs really need him.

But yeah, for future reference, Udoka should not lose his cool, especially when it's a two point difference right when the clock is running out...

Ice009
01-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Yep Ime really needs to understand the implications of this and not let it happen EVER again. If this were a playoff game, well I don't know what I would have done.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2008, 01:09 AM
how we keep udoka

and trade finleys ass with elson + bonner + barry to chicago for hinrich + thabo

T Park
01-29-2008, 01:10 AM
:lmao

yeah Chicago will trade their starting PG for Finley Elson Bonner and Barry :lmao

I swear...

T Park
01-29-2008, 01:10 AM
If this were a playoff game, well I don't know what I would have done.

If this were a playoff game, I would want him benched, and not brought back.

SenorSpur
01-29-2008, 01:33 AM
The ejection hurt, but I loved his intensity throughout the game.

m33p0
01-29-2008, 01:40 AM
That's what I reckon.

Fin/Bruce
Rob/Bonner
Fab/Fran

Brent/Tony?

sprrs
01-29-2008, 01:46 AM
I remember in 1998 Monty Williams was playing well and playing a decent amount of minutes. He lost his cool and got ejected (IIRC against the Lakers) and then Pop took him out of the rotation and never played him again. Even Glenn Robinson was playing pretty regularly in the playoffs until he picked up a couple technicals and then Pop stopped playing him.

He's changed as a coach since 1998. He used to pop a blood vessel when Manu was on the floor, for example. Now he's a little bit more lax.

Ice009
01-29-2008, 02:22 AM
If this were a playoff game, I would want him benched, and not brought back.

TimVP has made me think about the ramifications a little bit and I don't like the outcome. It is a very serious thing to lose you cool at the end of a game like that.

When I saw Rasheed get ejected from game 6 in Cleveland I was freaking mad and I'm not a real big Pistons fan or anything, but if they had of come back and won Rasheed would have most likely been suspended for game 7. You can't do that to your team.

Indazone
01-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Ime was +14 on his Lenovo Stats. Only guy on the Spurs that made a difference.

SouthernFried
01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Whott, you did a good job. Too bad your first post got deleted tho :)

Ime made a statement yesterday...and I think the rest of the Spurs were listening.

Yeah, it was not the best point of the game to get ejected, and Pop should let him know that in no uncertain terms. But, I don't think Pop will come down on him as hard as some expect. This team needs a kick in the ass more than that particular win. If Pop is half the coach I think he is, he's seeing Ime as potentially providing that much needed kick last night.

I would hope Pop's little discussion to Ime goes something like this...

"You dumb fuck! What the hell are you doing picking up a T like that in the last crucial moments of a tight game! WTF were you thinking? Use your goddamned brain next time or you'll be sharing a Motel 6 room with your Toros teamates in Wichita.

Oh yeah, before I forget...great game last night. You'll be starting the next few games. Let's see if you can bring all that passion...with a little bit more brains behind it, ok?

And one more thing...Timmy told me tell you to meet them at IHOP."

Hemotivo
01-29-2008, 07:59 AM
This team needs a kick in the ass more than that particular win.

From who? Udoka?
He's the new one.

hinrich sucks btw

SAGambler
01-29-2008, 08:51 AM
at least sudoka showed up for the game

wtf was everyone?

i was pissed when duncan only had 13 shot attempts after the end of the 3rd quarter, then his next shot attempt was at the 6min mark of the 4th....fuck that, we arent going to win games if duncan doesnt assert himself more on the offensive end takn more shots, than passing it out to scrubs who cant anything

Maybe the team is tiring of throwing the ball into Duncan only to watch him bring it down and get it stripped. 7 damn turnovers. 4 in the first quarter? You would think he would have figured it out by now.

ancestron
01-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Udoka got ejected for telling Andrei Kirilenko to stop flopping.

Now I know Ginobili and Parker can exaggerate from time to time to help sell fouls, but this Kirilenko guy is taking it to a whole new level. I was just as mad as Ime Udoka at the same point in the game.