PDA

View Full Version : so how much clout did Sutton the Elder leave behind?

K-State Spur
01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
does Sutton the Younger get a third year?

they haven't won a true road game since February of 2006.

ReggieF
01-29-2008, 09:00 AM
they play some of the most undisciplined ball I have ever seen, little Sutton looks like he might die on the sideline. I imagine thye give him one more year though.

MajorMike
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
There was a good article in the TW about how the problem isn't Sean its player execution. Which I find goes both ways, I mean isn't a coach supposed to teach that? It seems we get younger every year; this year we start 2 true freshman, our 1st guy off the bench is a sophmore who missed 2/3 of last year with a broken fibia and the next guy is a true frosh as well. As you can imagine, there is much grumbling. Still, after having 4 of 5 B12 losses come down to the final possession (not ISU), it shows they are close.

ReggieF
01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I agree that the close losses show competitveness, but it also shows that OSU has much more talent than their record would indicate, I think they are close in spite of little Sutton's coaching. He is responsible for the discipline and has done a poor job of that recently.

K-State Spur
01-29-2008, 11:15 AM
OSU plays with the lowest bball IQ I have seen of anybody in the conference. They don't seem to have any awareness of the situations facing them.

Using Saturday as an example. They have the lead on A&M with less than a minute to go, then they miss a shot, and Harris picks up an unbelievably stupid reach in foul 80 feet from the hoop after the Aggies had already secured the rebound - where A&M promptly takes the lead at the free throw line.

ReggieF
01-29-2008, 11:41 AM
last night late in the game Eaton takes a 25 footer early in the shot clock....

RonMexico
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
CaptMike's excuses continue... "we're too young"

Why don't you just admit that your team is overrated?

K-State Spur
01-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Still, after having 4 of 5 B12 losses come down to the final possession (not ISU), it shows they are close.

That's the excuse that we used for Jim Woolridge for years. Every year, he lost 5 or 6 games by a total of 10 points or so. But EVERY year, he lost those games.