PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry we'll win it next year!

hsxvvd
01-29-2008, 02:45 AM
Ok so things aren't looking great this year, but would you really care if we didn't win this year and as we normally do, turn it around and win again 08-09?

I for one wouldn't mind winning every second year for the remainder of Duncan's career.

If you take a quick look at next year, Finley, Horry, Elson & Barry all come off the books and we can make a play for Artest, Marion, Ellis or even bring Rasho back!

We've all seen it done before, re-tooling after an even (losing) year and coming back better than ever to win it in another odd year.

After all, let's not be greedy!

Kori Ellis
01-29-2008, 02:47 AM
You are giving up in January? :lmao

bostonguy
01-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Ok so things aren't looking great this year, but would you really care if we didn't win this year and as we normally do, turn it around and win again 08-09?

I for one wouldn't mind winning every second year for the remainder of Duncan's career.

If you take a quick look at next year, Finley, Horry, Elson & Barry all come off the books and we can make a play for Artest, Marion, Ellis or even bring Rasho back!

We've all seen it done before, re-tooling after an even (losing) year and coming back better than ever to win it in another odd year.

After all, let's not be greedy!

Then I guess that means the city of Boston is going to get the trifecta. The only team I have doubts against in a 7 game series is the Spurs which means if we play anyone else, our chances increase dramatically. With that being said, I want the Spurs to still come out of the West. I can handle them winning it all if not the Celts.

hsxvvd
01-29-2008, 02:48 AM
No, not giving up.

I'm just saying it wouldn't be too bad to win every second year.

Taking this year as a bonus so to speak.

duncan228
01-29-2008, 03:04 AM
This thread reminded me of what Duncan said on Media Day.

He was asked about the "Even Year Curse" and that Pop was considering (jokingly) taking the team for therapy to figure it out. He said he had no clue as to what it was, and that he wanted the repeat, but if the Championships came every other year he was fine with that.

J.T.
01-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Let's just start tanking now to get a sick draft pick!

Indazone
01-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Spurs falling fast in the SW division. What's the world coming to?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Let's just start tanking now to get a sick draft pick!

With the first pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select from the University of Slovenia Christianity:

Olaf Jzrdaslkj Mayoski

hsxvvd
01-29-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm also thinking, this might be the approach to take with the team.

This might not sound right, but it seems like they are trying to 'win' every game, rather than just play the game naturally.

There is too much pressure being put on the team to repeat. Seriously, if they didn't win this year and then won again next year, that's still 5 championships! Call it a Dynasty, call it what you like, I for one would be a happy spurs fan and the rest of the league would jump at the chance to have 1/5 of our success.

Even Boston has mortgaged it's future for a 2-3 year window max. Miami is paying now for it's one title.

endrity
01-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Then I guess that means the city of Boston is going to get the trifecta. The only team I have doubts against in a 7 game series is the Spurs which means if we play anyone else, our chances increase dramatically. With that being said, I want the Spurs to still come out of the West. I can handle them winning it all if not the Celts.

With your 30something year old star player and no bench you have much more to worry than beating the Spurs in the finals. You have no idea how you match up with a healthy Mavs or Phx or NO team at all. And for all I know you have a few problems with the East anyway. Slow down buddy, you are kinda new to this contender thing.

WalterBenitez
01-29-2008, 06:11 AM
I don't wanna wait til next year :(

urunobili
01-29-2008, 07:16 AM
too early.. i love everyone having us this bad this early... just like last year...

Dre_7
01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Yeah I really do hope the Spurs win it next year! It would be nice for them to win 3 straight and 6 total! That would be tight!!

bostonguy
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
With your 30something year old star player and no bench you have much more to worry than beating the Spurs in the finals. You have no idea how you match up with a healthy Mavs or Phx or NO team at all. And for all I know you have a few problems with the East anyway. Slow down buddy, you are kinda new to this contender thing.

No bench? Watch more celtic games before you say something like that. Our bench is actually pretty solid. Star player needs to be plural. We have 3 stars on this team. New to the contender thing? Maybe in basketball but the Sox won the world series and Pats are about to win their 4th championship. Celts have the best record in the league and this is the 1st year with this trio. Too bad the recent choke city of Dallas hasnt had any championship glory since 1999 (that's if you want to include hockey). Rangers havent made the playoffs in nearly 8 years, Mavs have never won a championship, and the Cowboys havent won a playoff game in over a decade.

ancestron
01-29-2008, 10:43 AM
What?!?!?

Budkin
01-29-2008, 11:04 AM
All you bridge jumpers are going to be feeling really stupid come April.

Taco
01-29-2008, 11:08 AM
this time last year

Spurs 32 - 14

this year

Spurs 28 - 15

no time to panic

just relax