PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's Heal

tav1
01-29-2008, 11:40 AM
When Tony Parker married Eva a friend emailed me to say that a "tabloid marriage" would destroy the Spurs dynasty...in these situations a local hottie is always preferable to an international hottie. And apart from a bevy of stylist, make-up artist and photoshop gurus, there is little difference. I digress.

That's not the point of this thread. Has there been any official diagnosis on Parker's heal? Does he have a bone spur? His game is junk right now and, if it's medical, why isn't he on the shelf?

loveforthegame
01-29-2008, 11:44 AM
That's not the point of this thread. Has there been any official diagnosis on Parker's heal? Does he have a bone spur? His game is junk right now and, if it's medical, why isn't he on the shelf?

That's what we've been hearing. That it's a bone spur in his left heel.

Why hasn't he been shelved? Vaughn and Ginobli are not enough to run point. If Barry was healthy the Spurs might have been able to limit Parkers minutes but not the case. If the rumors are true that they're going after Stoudamire then it's a possibility he could be shevled or have his minutes reduced.

ancestron
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
H-E-E-L

we want his HEEL to HEAL.

tav1
01-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Mea culpa. Heel it is.

ancestron
01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I think they should sit him down as long as it takes. The only problem is the Spurs are very weak at the backup PG position, especially with Barry out for a month.
Pop seems to have been limiting Parker's minutes a bit, hopefully his heel will heal soon enough. It is obvious Tony isnt playing with his usual explosiveness lately.

MoSpur
01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
I've wondered too why he has not sat out games to see if he gets better. He may just have to end up playing through the pain all season and take care of it after the season. His game is junk though.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Parker last night was as useless on the floor as I had ever seen him

it was hard to watch him play, Pop should just shut him down

Josepatches
01-29-2008, 01:06 PM
That's what we've been hearing. That it's a bone spur in his left heel.

Why hasn't he been shelved? Vaughn and Ginobli are not enough to run point. If Barry was healthy the Spurs might have been able to limit Parkers minutes but not the case. If the rumors are true that they're going after Stoudamire then it's a possibility he could be shevled or have his minutes reduced.

We are losing the same with TP so we can play with Manu and Jacque.If he's not healthy then sit him.But I can't believe his injury is the most important.He wasn't good last 3 games but he was pretty good against CLE,MIN or GS this month.
To me the main reason is that he's tired because he played all the summer.
Other one is that NBA teams know him better every year and they deny to him the way to the basket with three mens so he has to shoot from the outside.In the past when he finished to pass the screen of TD he only had to dribble the C or PF.