PDA

View Full Version : Big Al Punked KG

sribb43
01-29-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_8102439?nclick_check=1

Looks as if Al Jefferson is just as quick with his wit as he is on his feet.

When Kevin Garnett emphatically reminded Jefferson of his all-star selections - "11 years! 11 years!" - Jefferson replied with something that Garnett couldn't top.

"I told him we both have one thing in common - no championships," Jefferson said. "He didn't like that too much."

Garnett and Jefferson were hit with technical fouls for their heated trash talking early in the third quarter of Friday night's game.

Garnett and the Celtics trailed much of the game but rallied late in the fourth quarter for an 87-86 victory at home.

Immediately after Garnett stole the ball to preserve the win as time expired, he celebrated on the court as if the Celtics had just won a playoff game. It was an interesting sight, Garnett holding up the front of his jersey.

The Celtics, after all, have the NBA's best record. The Wolves entered that game with the league's worst record.

Garnett was traded last summer from Minnesota to Boston in exchange for Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, two first-round picks and cash considerations.

Wolves forward Mark Madsen, who played with Garnett the longest of any current Minnesota player, said he didn't take offense to Garnett's celebration. He said Garnett is an emotional player who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Thats funny.

stretch
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Thats funny.
You know what else is funny? The Suns getting beat twice by the T-Wolves.

P.S. - You forgot the apostrophe on "That's."

DazedAndConfused
01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
KG has always been a trash talker. This is nothing new.

Medvedenko
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
F KG....he belongs in the Zo school of b-ball flexing and mugging....

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 05:09 PM
F KG....he belongs in the Zo school of b-ball flexing and mugging....

This is the backlash of the Lakers collective fan base believing they were DESTINED to get Kevin Garnett.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Reading stuff like that along with KG sucker punching auditioning players in practice really makes me wish him the worst life :td

hater
01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
celebrating like he won the championship? what a loser.

DazedAndConfused
01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Don't worry KG will never get a ring. At least I hope he doesn't.

KFRebel
01-29-2008, 05:53 PM
11 years! 11 years! with no championship. Hahahaha! All hail Al!

JMarkJohns
01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Reading stuff like that along with KG sucker punching auditioning players in practice really makes me wish him the worst life :td

Question is this: If Rickert was built a bit more like, maybe, Al Jefferson, do you think Garnett would have felt the need to make an example of unsigned rookie's dunking on poor ol' KG?

I like KG, but his antics can make him the bitch on many occasions.

timvp
01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
The lamest part of that whole incident was KG dropping All-Star game smack. He must be the one person alive who still cares about the All-Star game.

WTF?

boutons_
01-29-2008, 06:11 PM
KG's a punk-ass, pretentious, conceited, melodrama-queen loser.

Yes, he and Zo are cut from the same punk-ass cloth.

lefty
01-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Well said, Al Jefferson :toast

N4th4n
01-29-2008, 06:56 PM
The lamest part of that whole incident was KG dropping All-Star game smack. He must be the one person alive who still cares about the All-Star game.

WTF?

Every star in the NBA cares about the all-star game. If Duncan was snubbed for some reason he would be VERY upset. It is a status symbol more then most fans realise. There are select few All Stars, a perennial All Star may make light of the event, but he will be bitching the moment he is not included.

J.T.
01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Every star in the NBA cares about the all-star game. If Duncan was snubbed for some reason he would be VERY upset. It is a status symbol more then most fans realise. There are select few All Stars, a perennial All Star may make light of the event, but he will be bitching the moment he is not included.

The All-Star game is just a popularity contest. The NBA needs to do like the NFL and make the players vote on it too for a percentage of the total vote.

ludda
01-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Whats even worse are role players like Eddie House and james Posey getting into the other teams faces. What some see as "passion," others see as "douchebaggery"

N4th4n
01-29-2008, 07:32 PM
The All-Star game is just a popularity contest. The NBA needs to do like the NFL and make the players vote on it too for a percentage of the total vote.

True but popularity matters to everyone, these players are still human after all, even your robot boy Duncan. I love in inconsistency on this board. When another team's fan/players bring up the All star game "It does not matter." However, go look in your forums and you will see numerous TP/Manu all star threads, people WILL bitch if either of them is left out. I suspect this is the same for all fan bases; I know I will be upset if somehow Nash or Amare are left out.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
his celtics record is lame when most of the wins on their scedule has come against eastern teams....

cant wait till they go on the western power trip against the powerhouses...this emo biatch will be exposed as the poser he was when he was with minne...

as for al jef....come to the spurs when ur a FA, you be garantimmed a championship

remingtonbo2001
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Every star in the NBA cares about the all-star game. If Duncan was snubbed for some reason he would be VERY upset.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

N4th4n
01-29-2008, 10:09 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You want proof? Just look at the reaction over him being placed as a center. Eat crow sir.

sribb43
01-29-2008, 11:46 PM
:clap for Big Al

lefty
01-30-2008, 12:18 PM
You want proof? Just look at the reaction over him being placed as a center. Eat crow sir.

He wasn't pissed off; he just reminded everyone he's a Pf and not a center.

Nothing more.

Now go troll elesewhere

hater
01-30-2008, 12:21 PM
The Wizards and Caron Butler also punked the Celtics. And they talked shit on their face.

Fuck the fucking Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!

lefty
01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
The Wizards and Caron Butler also punked the Celtics. And they talked shit on their face.

Fuck the fucking Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry

They won't win the championship.

Book it

Vinny Del Negro
01-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I would love to see what kind of smack he would talk to Duncan? oh yeah he can't say shit to him!

He's tried this before. Duncan replied with 5 years of devouring his soul.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2008, 03:22 PM
KG is such a loudmouth..

Don't mind the trashtalking,.. when you can back it up with success....

AS-game smack??? pretty weak...:lol seems like KG hasn't changed much from his HS debut