PDA

View Full Version : Texas @ Texas A&M CBB

johngateswhiteley
01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
...huge game for the Aggies and basically a must win.

A&M 71
t.u. 67

ReggieF
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
dude stop jinxing it....

j-6
01-29-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't think either team makes it to sixty on Wednesday.

Texas 55, A&M 51.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-30-2008, 12:00 AM
t.u. > sperms > agg

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2008, 02:07 AM
t.u. > sperms > agg

carlos mencia > cactus > t-sip humor

ReggieF
01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
t-sip homer=t-shirt t-sip homer i suspect....

Ballcox
01-30-2008, 12:51 PM
It's always tough for us playing at a&m, and I expect they'll have a big, rowdy crowd there tonight.

It's going to be a contest of contrasting styles, a&m I think, will try to force the issue in the post and expliot our tendency to rebound poorly at times, also interior/post defense hasn't been consistent for us this season.

UT, like we have been all season with DJ running the show will try and force things on the perimeter, get the 3 point shot going, and then dribble/penetrate and either create shots for other players or find the guys spotting up on the wings.

The team that plays their style better will win, but surprise huh? I'm expecting this one to go like it has for the last few seasons with us losing at a&m and then winning the rubber match in Austin.

ags: 59
UT: 55 :depressed

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2008, 06:13 PM
...for some reason i think it will be higher scoring...i can't wait for this game. should be a great one.

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
t.u. > sperms > agg

poor 'sips. t.u. gets stomped again...

remingtonbo2001
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
80-63 Aggies!

Wish I would've caught this one.

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 02:42 AM
Domination.

Jordan was going to destroy Fagneme

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 02:43 AM
P.S. Tom Brady wasn't limping today in case you guys were worried. Because I'm really glad ESPN has turned into the Entertainment Tonight of sports.

Vinny Del Negro
01-31-2008, 04:00 AM
I'm really glad ESPN has turned into the Entertainment Tonight of sports.

Welcome to about 4 years ago.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2008, 04:06 AM
thats funny...t.u. fan has fallen off the face of the earth. this forum is getting cozier.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2008, 04:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?id=3220036

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2008, 04:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=280300245

Vinny Del Negro
01-31-2008, 04:38 AM
We didn't lose, we ran out of time LOL!!!!!!!!!

And that article by the tool from the Battalion (LOL Everyone's in the Army!) outlines many of the things that make the aggies a laughingstock among the general public (i.e. we reversed a 2 letter abbreviation LOLOLO!!! You are 7 years old). The saddest part is that I know some pretty cool aggies, and douchemonsters/listeaters like you give them all a black eye.

Yes, I'm bitter because we lost. Deal with it.

PS Ron, why would you call him Fagneme? His name is already Alexis. No need for redundancy.

MajorMike
01-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Wasn't atm favored?

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Welcome to about 4 years ago.

I think I just refused to admit it was happening. Like I could sit there and watch stupid arguments from John Clayton and Sean Salisbury and just tolerate it; now, there are so many "Hot Seats" and "Cold Facts" and "Fiction" and "National Football League" that I simply can't stand it anymore. I think to be an ESPN anchor, you have to possess a heightened level of douchery that I didn't think was possible.

I compare it to when you think you're going to get back with your ex-girlfriend, but then she starts going out with some tool, so you sit around listening to "Is She Really Going out with Him" by the Joe Jackson Band over and over again. All the while thinking it won't last... then the wedding comes and you're resigned to the fact that it's over.

Or when your fantasy team is losing 7-2 to someone named Alexis this week.

ReggieF
01-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Wasn't atm favored?

favored doesn't mean you are expected to completely dismantle your rival from the opening tip, kind of the exact opposite of what Okie Lite did to OU.

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 10:02 AM
favored doesn't mean you are expected to completely dismantle your rival from the opening tip, kind of the exact opposite of what Okie Lite did to OU.

Nice. Best Mav poster on the board.

Doug Collins
01-31-2008, 10:12 AM
We didn't lose, we ran out of time LOL!!!!!!!!!

And that article by the tool from the Battalion (LOL Everyone's in the Army!) outlines many of the things that make the aggies a laughingstock among the general public (i.e. we reversed a 2 letter abbreviation LOLOLO!!! You are 7 years old). The saddest part is that I know some pretty cool aggies, and douchemonsters/listeaters like you give them all a black eye.

Yes, I'm bitter because we lost. Deal with it.

PS Ron, why would you call him Fagneme? His name is already Alexis. No need for redundancy.

The Alexis' of the world need to unite against this hatred by throwing bitch elbows to the necks of their 7ft. tall persecutors.

13-0 = BEVO WERE SO SMAAAAAART LOL ROFL LAWL we showed themz aggys with their tu LOLZ :married:

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Dkr!!!

samikeyp
01-31-2008, 10:54 AM

I don't like it but its true. A rivalry game is supposed to be close..this wasn't. I think any slump the Ags might have had is officially over.

Doug Collins
01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
I don't like it but its true. A rivalry game is supposed to be close..this wasn't. I think any slump the Ags might have had is officially over.

Aggies were on fire last night, so I wouldn't say the slump is over but they are certainly on the right track. This should give them a huge boost of confidence going into Saturday's game against ou. If they win that then I'll start getting excited again.

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
It's called 'uo', Doug because "smartass" said so.

MajorMike
01-31-2008, 11:35 AM

...except OSU beat the spread as a road dog.

ReggieF
01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
...except OSU beat the spread as a road dog.

maybe that is Sutton's goal each week, "come on guys play just well enough to cover the spread, I nkow we have more talent on our roster than 1/2 the teams in this league but damn it I am so proud of you guys for covering on the road", that sounds about right.

Doug Collins
01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
maybe that is Sutton's goal each week, "come on guys play just well enough to cover the spread, I nkow we have more talent on our roster than 1/2 the teams in this league but damn it I am so proud of you guys for covering on the road", that sounds about right.

Time for the NCAA to investigate Sutton's gambling habits...maybe thats the source of all his drinking problems. That and having to live in Stillwater while playing in Historic Gallagher-Iba Arena est. 1938 (I think that banner needs to be bigger, I could barely read it on my 50" hdtv)

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
You don't have a 50" HDTV.

MajorMike
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM

That's a decent try at a retort, but admitting your previous post was incorrect would have been the factual thing to do. Right, we all know how much you hate facts.

Ballcox
01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
props to the ags, they played a great game. Watching them play last night made me wonder how in the world they got off to such a poor start in conference.

Looking forward to the rubber match in Austin.

Doug Collins
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
That's a decent try at a retort, but admitting your previous post was incorrect would have been the factual thing to do. Right, we all know how much you hate facts.

So you would rather have them cover the spread than actually win a game?

MajorMike
01-31-2008, 01:11 PM
So you would rather have them cover the spread than actually win a game?

**shakes head**

Ok, if ya'll can't draw a straight line from a to b, then I'm outta this thread.

AggieJV2006
01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
**shakes head**

Ok, if ya'll can't draw a straight line from a to b, then I'm outta this thread.

Mike, you play to win the game.

Btw, you're the one that created this gambling tangent.

Reggie - Okie Lite lost to OU

CaptMike - no, they beat the spread

DougCollins - so you want to lose all conference games?

CaptMike - God, you guys just can't keep up with my brilliance. Darth Visor.

ReggieF
01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I admit I was wrong, Okie St was not favored in the game

Doug Collins
01-31-2008, 02:20 PM
**shakes head**

:depressed

Doug Collins
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I admit I was wrong, Okie St was not favored in the game

Don't give him sig material

Holmes_Fans
01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
thats funny...t.u. fan has fallen off the face of the earth. this forum is getting cozier.
Yes, because everyone is up at 3 am posting on message boards.

Holmes_Fans
01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Not to surprised Texas lost, they don't have a big man to defend the middle or a consistent rebounder. They are like the suns, can't do shit inside the lane and unfortunately for Texas the shots weren't falling. UT still raped shit some on the inside, I see both teams getting butt raped by any team with a decent center and inside game.

AggieJV2006
01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Not to surprised Texas lost, they don't have a big man to defend the middle or a consistent rebounder. They are like the suns, can't do shit inside the lane and unfortunately for Texas the shots weren't falling. UT still raped shit some on the inside, I see both teams getting butt raped by any team with a decent center and inside game.

Backtracking piece of shit.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, because everyone is up at 3 am posting on message boards.

and that has what to do with 10:30pm CT? i made an observation...not against 1 poster but many, and it had nothing to do with 3am.

lick my balls...

Holmes_Fans
01-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Backtracking piece of shit.
Where the hell did I back track? The only thing I said about this game was

Can't wait until next week. Aggy will finally play a decent team this season and will show if they deserve to be anywhere near the top 25, because so far they haven't.

A&M showed they can actually play some basketball that wins game, they finally started going inside in the paint to score, but still got raped by Texas with their shorter players on the inside. They also had the luxury of Texas missing wide open 3's so there was no reason to have no less than 3 people in the paint at all times. They still aren't a top 20 team, they beat a rivals on their home court infront of the biggest crowd in reed arena history, yay.

and that has what to do with 10:30pm CT? i made an observation...not against 1 poster but many, and it had nothing to do with 3am.

lick my balls...

You made the post at 3:30 am dumbass. Not everyone watches a sporting event, then rushes onto an internet forum to talk about it.

You are the one to talk, you disappeared for weeks during the football season when USC and a&m were both doing bad.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
You made the post at 3:30 am dumbass. Not everyone watches a sporting event, then rushes onto an internet forum to talk about it.

You are the one to talk, you disappeared for weeks during the football season when USC and a&m were both doing bad.

yeah, no shit bra. btw, i wasn't here when A&M was doing OK and SC was doing great...so your argument doesn't hold any water. furthermore, i am not calling anyone out, just you 'sip fans in general. you'd think hours after the game someone might say something...but no 'sip did. and it was funny and great.

...lick my balls.

Doug Collins
01-31-2008, 06:50 PM

How does one team "rape" another in any facet of a game in which they never led and were down by 15+ for 92% of the time? Was it Pittman and his 4-7 fg, 14pts, and gay forearm to Davis' neck? Did he rape them? Or you must be referring to the attempted bitch rape Alexis tried to pull on DeAndre. Or maybe it was the 34% shooting that "raped" us. Of course you did "rape" us in 3ptrs made 8 vs. 7.

Aggies played their asses off and dominated the game. I fully expect Texas to come out firing in Austin and wouldn't be surprised if they returned the favor. Give credit where it is due.

j-6
01-31-2008, 07:31 PM
I can't say too much about the beatdown of the previous evening in College Station, but Holmes_Fans, c'mon. You really think the Ags aren't a top 20 team?

Holmes_Fans
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
I can't say too much about the beatdown of the previous evening in College Station, but Holmes_Fans, c'mon. You really think the Ags aren't a top 20 team?
No. I don't necassarily think Texas is #10 or whatever they are either. Texas shot horrible, 35% fg and 30% on 3's(8-26), that was hardly because of a&m's perimeter defense. Most of the shots were wide open and that's something they are going to have to fix.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
No. I don't necassarily think Texas is #10 or whatever they are either. Texas shot horrible, 35% fg and 30% on 3's(8-26), that was hardly because of a&m's perimeter defense. Most of the shots were wide open and that's something they are going to have to fix.

:cry

ReggieF
02-01-2008, 08:58 AM

Man did you even watch the game? the only open 3's they got were either from 5 feet behind the line or in garbage time. As for the inside "raping" by smaller players, well I am not even sure where that is coming from. Dexter Pittman is 6-10 making him taller than all of A&M's big men except DeAndre Jordan and scored 14 pts on 4-7 shooting, Alexis Wangmene is 6-8 and did nothing but hit a short jumper and 2 FT's, Damion James scored 4 pts. on a put back and 2 FT's, Acthley scored exactly 0 points in the paint, he went for 8 with 6 coming on 3's in garbage time and the Chapman kid hit one short jumper. Other than glaring facts I guess you are correct, A&M was "raped" inside by all the texas smaller players. You should refrain from posting anything about basketball if you truly belive the garbage you posted.

Doug Collins
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Man did you even watch the game? the only open 3's they got were either from 5 feet behind the line or in garbage time. As for the inside "raping" by smaller players, well I am not even sure where that is coming from. Dexter Pittman is 6-10 making him taller than all of A&M's big men except DeAndre Jordan and scored 14 pts on 4-7 shooting, Alexis Wangmene is 6-8 and did nothing but hit a short jumper and 2 FT's, Damion James scored 4 pts. on a put back and 2 FT's, Acthley scored exactly 0 points in the paint, he went for 8 with 6 coming on 3's in garbage time and the Chapman kid hit one short jumper. Other than glaring facts I guess you are correct, A&M was "raped" inside by all the texas smaller players. You should refrain from posting anything about basketball if you truly belive the garbage you posted.

I pointed out the fallacy in his alleged Texas "raping" theory earlier and he has yet to respond. I guess we "raped" his unsubstantiated argument.

AggieJV2006
02-01-2008, 10:03 AM
He's an idiot.

ReggieF
02-01-2008, 10:26 AM
He's an idiot.

I think that has proven to be true.

RonMexico
02-01-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know who raped whom... because my asshole feels pretty nice and it looks like Pittman, Augustin, and Atchley's are wide open.