PDA

View Full Version : PHX cannot rebound to save their life

DazedAndConfused
01-29-2008, 09:34 PM
So I'm flipping through the league pass games and watching PHX against ATL. ATL's offensive strategy is to drive to the hoop and have everyone crash the boards. Sounds stupid, but they are getting an offensive rebound on nearly every play. They are still losing somehow, but man this is embarrassing that an NBA team can be this poor at rebounding.

Xylus
01-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I'd say rebounding is the team's biggest weakness. If they don't improve their defensive rebounding by the start of the playoffs, teams like the Spurs will have their way with the Suns.

Regardless, they are murdering ATL right now. Amare Stoudemire has 22 and 5, in the first half. 52-33, end of the 2nd qtr.

N4th4n
01-29-2008, 10:16 PM
I am going to assume you watched the single possesion were they got about 5 rebounds. Missing 5 tips in a row is a great way to pad your O rebounding stats. They have also held ATL to 27.8 % shooting with 8 blocks and 3 steals in the half. Lets do what we normaly do however, ignore the things they do well and focus on the negatives.

Xylus
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Damn, the Hawks look DEAD.

The Suns are up by 26 and they haven't even hit a 3-pointer.

Medvedenko
01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Who cares...are they winning...that's all that matters.

DazedAndConfused
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I was just commenting on PHX's poor rebounding, I know they are a good team. Yes I said it, PHX is a good team.

Championship team..........no.

Medvedenko
01-29-2008, 10:41 PM
A lucky bounce here and a lucky bounce there...any of the top 4 teams in the west can prevail. Oh, and Phoenix does have issues with rebounding and interior defense....they had it last year and went pretty far.

N4th4n
01-29-2008, 10:45 PM
A lucky bounce here and a lucky bounce there...any of the top 4 teams in the west can prevail. Oh, and Phoenix does have issues with rebounding and interior defense....they had it last year and went pretty far.

I think we can all agree with that. Thus.... should end this tread.

Findog
01-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I'd rather watch this Hawks-Suns game:

http://www.surfthechannel.com/info/sports/NBA_%28National_Basketball_Association%29/43407/Atlanta+Hawks+vs.+Phoenix+Suns+1970.html

ClingingMars
01-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I am going to assume you watched the single possesion were they got about 5 rebounds. Missing 5 tips in a row is a great way to pad your O rebounding stats. They have also held ATL to 27.8 % shooting with 8 blocks and 3 steals in the half. Lets do what we normaly do however, ignore the things they do well and focus on the negatives.

it's the Hawks.

:clap

-Mars

Xylus
01-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Suns starters getting some much needed rest, which is great since we play the Spurs in two days. :)

N4th4n
01-29-2008, 11:10 PM
it's the Hawks.

-Mars

Thanks for proving my point. It’s the Hawks, therefore, all the BAD things the Suns do matter, but all the GOOD things they do don’t matter. I love logic.

Why they hell do you write your name after ever post. You may not be aware, but your name in conveniently placed just to the left of every single post.

ClingingMars
01-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks for proving my point. It’s the Hawks, therefore, all the BAD things the Suns do matter, but all the GOOD things they do don’t matter. I love logic.

Why they hell do you write your name after ever post. You may not be aware, but your name in conveniently placed just to the left of every single post.

It's my trademark.

Seeing the highlights made me weep for any Hawks fan. talk about showing no mercy.

-Mars

N4th4n
01-29-2008, 11:53 PM
It's my trademark.

Seeing the highlights made me weep for any Hawks fan. talk about showing no mercy.

-Mars

Kinda like how being gay is Elton Johns trademark?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2008, 11:57 PM
JUST got back from the game!

The Hawks suck. That is all.

Next game I got is the Mavs on Valentines day followed by the Lakers a week later.

Then Im out of tickets for the year :(

mavs>spurs2
01-30-2008, 12:15 AM
So I'm flipping through the league pass games and watching PHX against ATL. ATL's offensive strategy is to drive to the hoop and have everyone crash the boards. Sounds stupid, but they are getting an offensive rebound on nearly every play. They are still losing somehow, but man this is embarrassing that an NBA team can be this poor at rebounding.

Did you decide to retire your SpursDynasty screen name?

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 12:22 AM

Maybe you were flipping through because you didn't want to see your team losing to the Knicks?

DazedAndConfused
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Without Bynum we flat out suck.

Only a sorry ass Suns fan would talk shit about a team that is missing a ton of key players due to injury. You are pathetic.

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 12:40 AM
:lol

Wow, the Philly J attitude has rubbed off on everybody. Even the most obnoxious Laker fans.

DazedAndConfused
01-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Philly J? You're fucking gay.

And yes if we took out Steve Nash your team would blow chunks and be lottery bound. We aren't just missing Bynum, it's Ariza, it's Mihm, and Walton/Radman/Kwame are all playing hurt and not nearly at 100%.

And we're up 10 bitch.

BillsCarnage
01-30-2008, 01:03 AM

That's been the knock against them for the past 3 seasons. However, when the Suns do play good D - good or bad team - no one cares to notice.

Why no mention of the 8 1st Q blocks or 19 blocks for the game??

Yes the Suns are allowing a ton of O-rebs, but why is no one mentioning their defense is causing the misses??

Anyway, the Suns showed how good they can be defensively in the first half when they are active on the defensive end.

Yeah, it was the hawks, but the Suns flat out destroyed them like they should have done.

DazedAndConfused
01-30-2008, 01:06 AM
The Suns can definitely string together a good quarter or two of defense in games, and usually that is all they need in the regular season.

In the playoffs you need to be able to sustain the effort for 48 minutes, but you already know this. And giving up that many rebounds against a team with a huge interior presence, Bynum/Jefferson/Duncan/KG, will cost you severely. You can't win without the defensive intensity. Even the Showtime Lakers had a top 5 defense.

mavs>spurs2
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM

Purple & Gold
01-30-2008, 03:02 AM
it's the Hawks.

-Mars

:lol :lol

Purple & Gold
01-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Defense and rebounding win Championships. Two things the suns don't do at all.

ludda
01-30-2008, 03:41 AM

He hasn't been around for awhile. Sad.

Shred
01-30-2008, 06:21 AM

Only a sorry ass Suns fan would talk shit about a team that is missing a ton of key players due to injury. You are pathetic.

They sucked last year, too, and the year before that. Hell, the Suns could spot the Lakers 4 games this time around, and the Lakers would still lose the series.

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 10:49 AM
The Suns can definitely string together a good quarter or two of defense in games, and usually that is all they need in the regular season.

In the playoffs you need to be able to sustain the effort for 48 minutes, but you already know this. And giving up that many rebounds against a team with a huge interior presence, Bynum/Jefferson/Duncan/KG, will cost you severely. You can't win without the defensive intensity. Even the Showtime Lakers had a top 5 defense.

Which names don't fit?

Howard, Duncan, Amare and KG are on another level than Al Jefferson and Andrew Bynum.

Sorry.

monosylab1k
01-30-2008, 10:52 AM

Which names don't fit?

Howard, Duncan, and KG are on another level than Amare, Al Jefferson, and Andrew Bynum.

Sorry.
fixed

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 10:54 AM
fixed

Youre still here?

Where's Al Capone on that list?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

OWNED!!!! (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85710&page=6&pp=26)

monosylab1k
01-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Youre still here?

Where's Al Capone on that list?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

OWNED!!!! (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85710&page=6&pp=26)
fail. you're really proud to have exposed Amare as an even bigger dumbass than I even wanted to?

RonMexico
01-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Boris Diaw is playing very well in a starter's role. I wonder if Grant Hill can pull a Manu and go to the bench for the good of the team.

DazedAndConfused
01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
They sucked last year, too, and the year before that. Hell, the Suns could spot the Lakers 4 games this time around, and the Lakers would still lose the series.

You can certainly beat the snot out of the Lakers sans Bynum, we've seen that these last two years. With Bynum, you don't have a chance. And you haven't proven that you can beat us with Bynum this season, we've whooped your asses twice.

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
fail. you're really proud to have exposed Amare as an even bigger dumbass than I even wanted to?

No, Im proud to expose you as an unapolagetic liar.

You should have seen my reaction when I realized that you EDITED that passage.

I'll never take anything you say at face value again and I hope no one else does either.

DazedAndConfused
01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Amare = Idiot. Anyone trying to argue that this guy is smart is an even bigger idiot.

monosylab1k
01-30-2008, 01:54 PM
No, Im proud to expose you as an unapolagetic liar.
Learn to spell and capitalize your "O", ASU grad motherfucker.

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Amare = Idiot. Anyone trying to argue that this guy is smart is an even bigger idiot.

If you think so thats fine, but don't edit a quote to try to prove your point like Monos did. :nope