PDA

View Full Version : JKidd reportedly wants to go to Dallas

carib
01-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Kidd is telling friends that he wants to go to Dallas. He desperately wanted the Lakers’ trade to happen at last season’s deadline, but Thorn wouldn’t do it without prying away Andrew Bynum. This season, Kidd pushed to play with LeBron, but the Cavs don’t have enough to offer. Yes, Dallas makes the most sense for Kidd. He knows they need his leadership. He knows Cuban will absorb his contract. He knows that they’re the best chance he has to get out of Jersey and get a championship before he retires.

This saga has gone on too long and it’s time to end it. Rod Thorn has until the trade deadline to solicit the best offers for Kidd, and there should be no turning back now. He shouldn’t do this for Kidd, but for his franchise. This isn’t about getting a great deal anymore. This is about getting the best deal. It’s over. There’s no loyalty here, no love, no reason to stay together. The Nets have grown to loathe their franchise player and he desperately wants out.

Nothing ever ends well for the New Jersey Nets, nor does it for Jason Kidd. Maybe together, they were always doomed.

Go Cuban Go :dizzy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-kidd012808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 12:26 AM
So he's not actually on his way to Dallas.

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 12:32 AM
What a misleading thread title. People should be pinked for threads like this.

TampaDude
01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Kidd is telling friends that he wants to go to Dallas. He desperately wanted the Lakers’ trade to happen at last season’s deadline, but Thorn wouldn’t do it without prying away Andrew Bynum. This season, Kidd pushed to play with LeBron, but the Cavs don’t have enough to offer. Yes, Dallas makes the most sense for Kidd. He knows they need his leadership. He knows Cuban will absorb his contract. He knows that they’re the best chance he has to get out of Jersey and get a championship before he retires.

This saga has gone on too long and it’s time to end it. Rod Thorn has until the trade deadline to solicit the best offers for Kidd, and there should be no turning back now. He shouldn’t do this for Kidd, but for his franchise. This isn’t about getting a great deal anymore. This is about getting the best deal. It’s over. There’s no loyalty here, no love, no reason to stay together. The Nets have grown to loathe their franchise player and he desperately wants out.

Nothing ever ends well for the New Jersey Nets, nor does it for Jason Kidd. Maybe together, they were always doomed.

Go Cuban Go :dizzy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-kidd012808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

You FAIL...

Findog
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
To quote Mark Cuban "Step away from your crack dealer."

http://mavs.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/cuban_cracks_joke_about_kidd_rumors.html

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Dumb poster forum.

Findog
01-30-2008, 12:47 AM
How many fucking times does this have to be shot down?

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/story/2008/1/29/173127/128

Harris is out for the next couple of weeks with a bone bruise on his ankle, but he has put together a strong season as the Dallas point man, scoring 18.9 points per 40 minutes on a 59.2 TS%.

His play has been strong enough, in fact, that I'd like to throw out a heretical thought for you Mavs fans contemplating a Harris-and-change-for-Kidd trade: What makes you think having Kidd would be better?

Harris has a much better PER this season and wasn't much behind Kidd in 2005-06 (last season Kidd had a sizable edge, though). While Kidd is a great defender against big guards, Harris is vastly superior against the quick guards -- Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Allen Iverson, etc. -- the Mavs are likely to be matching up against in the playoffs. Additionally, Kidd shoots 36.9 percent from the floor and 34.3 percent from 3, while Harris is at 48.3 percent and 35.7 percent from 3 … so whom would you rather have spacing the floor for Dirk Nowitzki and Josh Howard?

Kidd's major advantage over Harris is that he's an awesome defensive rebounder, but the Mavs already rank eighth in defensive rebound rate -- how much can he really improve that number? And to get those rebounds, they're giving up the whopping 6.8 points per 40 minutes advantage Harris has, not to mention picking up some extra turnovers (Kidd has been wildly turnover-prone, in what is one of the season's most underreported stories). And finally, remember that Dallas is one of the league's slowest-paced teams … so whom would Kidd be running with?

If I were Dallas, I'd make sure I remembered I'm not trading for what Kidd did over the past decade, but what he'll give me in the next three months … which I'm not convinced exceeds what Harris will do.

ludda
01-30-2008, 01:28 AM
See the Kidd-to-Mavs thread.