PDA

View Full Version : Blow up the team, outside the big 3

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:24 AM
We deserve to miss the playoffs

We have absolutely no bench whatsoever outside of Manu.

I understand TP is out, but a loss to seattle on any night of the year is inexcusable.

It's a shame when Hollinger makes a point about the Spurs being an "average" team (in regards to which teams they're beating and which teams they're losing to) where even that might be a little bit too complimentary

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

player_twister
01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
(SIGH) :dizzy

SpursFan0728
01-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Agree

Again, Horry pisses me off ~

Amuseddaysleeper
I know I'm just venting, don't worry

Budkin
I'm down for whatever at this point...

ducks
01-30-2008, 12:31 AM
are you sure I thought chris paul is the answer since tp sucks so bad

Mr. Body
01-30-2008, 12:31 AM
You can't really blow this team up - it's full of gassed, aged role players worth very little.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:32 AM
are you sure I thought chris paul is the answer since tp sucks so bad

I honestly would trade TP for chris paul, but that's not what this half assed thread is about.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Well, Finley, Barry, Elson, Horry are gone at season's end.

Splitter and Mahinmi will come in, which means we need to find two swingmen from somewhere (I'd like to see Pietrus as one of them). Also need a young PG to learn behind Vaughn.

So the team was always going to be blown up anyway.

JamStone
01-30-2008, 12:34 AM
You can't really blow this team up - it's full of gassed, aged role players worth very little.

I was thinking the same thing. How do you blow up a team when you don't have any real assets to make trades and have no real cap space to make big changes?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:34 AM
There are 3 people I really feel bad for tonight

Tim and Manu, for playing their assess off but having no one even attempting to help out

and Kori, for all the threads she's gonna have to lock and merge after tonight :lol

jbspurs
01-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Please send Bonner and Vaughn to D league..... nevermind, they are even good for D league!!

Amuseddaysleeper
I was thinking the same thing. How do you blow up a team when you don't have any real assets to make trades and have no real cap space to make big changes?

Now I'm even more depressed

Kori Ellis
There are 3 people I really feel bad for tonight

Tim and Manu, for playing their assess off but having no one even attempting to help out

and Kori, for all the threads she's gonna have to lock and merge after tonight :lol

I'm not merging anything. Rant away. This forum is free-for-all mode until the Spurs start winning. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
:lol

nice! :toast

jbspurs
01-30-2008, 12:37 AM

Splitter and Mahinmi will come in, which means we need to find two swingmen from somewhere (I'd like to see Pietrus as one of them). Also need a young PG to learn behind Vaughn.

Hell NO!!! Learn what from him?

Creation88
this is complete bullshit and lack of effort outside Tim and Manu. our is just hold and has beens already. we have no depth whats-so-ever.

i am officially worried and completely pissed off.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
MLE for one swingman, vet min for the other, Mahinmi and the PG. Splitter gets paid for 28th draft pick? Or will he take some of the MLE?

Yup, we're in a pickle. But at least we have 3 rings to show for it (the fourth was a different setup).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Hell NO!!! Learn what from him?

:rolleyes I meant as the third PG.

Vaughn is fine as long as he's within his role. Right now he's being called on to do more than he can.

ploto
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM

Yeah, but the Spurs devoted a lot of money to keeping Bonner, Oberto, and extending Bruce.

loveforthegame
01-30-2008, 12:43 AM
No matter how much we'd like change the Spurs are not going to panic and blow it all up this season.

A couple small trades? Maybe. But I can see the Spurs standing pat and then make whatever changes in the off season when they have more flexibility.

The interest in Stoudamire shows that the Spurs know they're in some trouble and will do what they can but they won't panic.

jbspurs
01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
:rolleyes I meant as the third PG.

Vaughn is fine as long as he's within his role. Right now he's being called on to do more than he can.

Vaughn is only good at putting pressure to ball handlers and that's it. They need somebody that knows how to create plays and knockdown some mid range jumpers.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, but the Spurs devoted a lot of money to keeping Bonner, Oberto, and extending Bruce.But they are well under the tax threshold for next season, so that's a fail.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:46 AM
ploto, why do you even post here when all you do is talk shit time and time again?

jbspurs
01-30-2008, 12:50 AM
No matter how much we'd like change the Spurs are not going to panic and blow it all up this season.

A couple small trades? Maybe. But I can see the Spurs standing pat and then make whatever changes in the off season when they have more flexibility.

The interest in Stoudamire shows that the Spurs know they're in some trouble and will do what they can but they won't panic.

I hope Spurs do sign Stoudamire, He's way better than Vaughn and He'll be a good backup for Parker come playoff time.

JamStone
01-30-2008, 12:52 AM
If I was a Spurs fan, the one thing I would hope the Spurs focus on when trying to make changes and upgrades to the team is to target players with youth and athleticism. Obviously, they need to be more than just young athletes like James White type players, but especially with more and more teams in the NBA adopting Phoenix uptempo style line-ups and approaches, the Spurs need to add athletes to help play against those teams.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeah, but the Spurs devoted a lot of money to keeping Bonner, Oberto, and extending Bruce.

Bonner $2.7mil
Oberto $3.5mi
Bowen $4.125mil

In the NBA, that's not "a lot", and those players will earn it when the team is working. Put another way, get rid of them and you think you can get better players for the same or less? That'll be tough.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 12:55 AM
duncan
gino
parker
splitter
mahinmi
sanikidz
UDOKA
Bowen
spurs 3 draft picks = 1 PF/C + BACKUP PG + WING PLAYER

thats 11 players....

4 more...

throw the MLE too any FA thats good...or sign and trade with the expirings now instead of letting it run of the books...

we are just one piece away from repeating imo....i think we should make a trade for kthomas...seatle help us, help you....expirings for expirings for the short term

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Vaughn is only good at putting pressure to ball handlers and that's it. They need somebody that knows how to create plays and knockdown some mid range jumpers.

Vaughn doesn't turn the ball over much when playing 10-15mins a night, makes the right passes, and he does hit jumpers.

The problems come when he plays 15+mins like when Tony and Barry are hurt and there's no one else who can play point...

I'd kill for Jason Hart right now! :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't the Spurs to miss the playoffs Manu and Tim only have a couple of good years left and they have been playing their hearts out and deserve to go!

From the looks of things so far, Tim and Manu would both have to become journeymen.

Findog
01-30-2008, 12:58 AM
I honestly would trade TP for chris paul, but that's not what this half assed thread is about.

Well, who wouldn't?

Don't the Spurs have a ton of expiring contracts coming off the books this summer? Plus, there's still the specter of SPAM.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2008, 12:59 AM
If I was a Spurs fan, the one thing I would hope the Spurs focus on when trying to make changes and upgrades to the team is to target players with youth and athleticism. Obviously, they need to be more than just young athletes like James White type players, but especially with more and more teams in the NBA adopting Phoenix uptempo style line-ups and approaches, the Spurs need to add athletes to help play against those teams.

Like your team has done with Amir and Aaron and Jarvis.

:tu Totally agree. We look slow and old right now.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Well, who wouldn't?

Don't the Spurs have a ton of expiring contracts coming off the books this summer? Plus, there's still the specter of SPAM.

SPAM?

fok spam when we are 2 games from being a 8th seed or missin the playoffs, stuff spam if we continue to lose games against teams we meant to win....

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 01:06 AM
From the looks of things so far, Tim and Manu would both have to become journeymen.

I didn't say what you quoted me on in your post

just sayin'

jbspurs
01-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Vaughn doesn't turn the ball over much when playing 10-15mins a night, makes the right passes, and he does hit jumpers.

The problems come when he plays 15+mins like when Tony and Barry are hurt and there's no one else who can play point...

I'd kill for Jason Hart right now! :lol

He doesn't turn the ball much, because He doesn't try to create plays for his teammates. It's the reason why we are playing one on one basketball. What he needs to do is dribble penetration create opening and the ball will rotate for open shots.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2008, 01:11 AM
I didn't say what you quoted me on in your post

just sayin'
Oh, must have been some editing screw up.

But yeah, I still agree that they have no help.

Our team's "role playing pieces" are starting to challenge the Heat for the title of "dead weight" ...they need to make their shots! I don't remember the typical Spurs offensive scoring drought looking this awful..

SenorSpur
01-30-2008, 01:17 AM

Exactly! Some times I actually think Pop has some demented aversion towards young, athletic players. I know he loves knowledgeable, smart veterans with proven character. That formula has been highly successful, and has its merits. But enough with the roster of 12 old guys and 2 mid-range guys. It's way past time to infuse this team with a couple of young or midrange, hungry athletic types.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Exactly! Some times I actually think Pop has some demented aversion towards young, athletic players. I know he loves knowledgeable, smart veterans with proven character. That formula has been highly successful, and has its merits. But enough with the roster of 12 old guys and 2 mid-range guys. It's way past time to infuse this team with a couple of young or midrange, hungry athletic types.
The last time we were at the athletic advantage was in 2003, 2005. I think the Horry game 5 against the Pistons, was both a good and bad thing, because it did a lot in influencing our 2006 run roster, because I don't remember any younger bench guys/wings helping out our core, like in the past Championship runs pre 2006.