PDA

View Full Version : I haven't ranted in long time ...

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 12:34 AM
So I won't really. :reading

I don't expect the Spurs to win many ball games with Tony out, but I didn't expect them to lose this one.

What freakin' really really killed me near the end of the game was Finley's f'up on D. Durant was wide open (45 sec mark, coming out of the timeout) - Finley didn't even come close to rotating.

In the last game, Finley messed up late in the game on D too that was very costly.

I don't expect him to be a good one on one defender. But just having mentally lapses and not rotating or rotating so so late is just killing me.

Anyway, that's all I got.

I'm not blaming the loss on Finley, but got damn.

Budkin
01-30-2008, 12:35 AM
You know the Spurs are shit when Kori is ranting. Wow!

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't blame Finley - I blame Pop for playing Finley.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Shoulda played Ian Richardson.

SequSpur
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
PJ Carlesimo knows the spurs and he drew that play up precisely and it worked. The play previously, Oberto got fucking used by Wilcox.

The Spurs with their shitty execution lost another close one. Blame the top.

Finley is just another worthless shitty fucking piece of this rehash puzzle.

whottt
01-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't blame Finley - I blame Pop for playing Finley.

No shit...Barry should have been on the court :tu

ShoogarBear
Couldn't this have gone in the game thread? :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
You know the Spurs are shit when Kori is ranting. Wow!

I'm actually about to explode with a big rant. I'm trying to contain myself. :smokin

Kori Ellis
Couldn't this have gone in the game thread? :rolleyes

Didn't you hear? The forum is in free-for-all mode.

ChumpDumper
No shit...Barry should have been on the court :tuActually Bowen, but whatever. This team is broken.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:38 AM
I wanna hear LJ and Kori go on a huge rant.

misery loves company!

whottt
01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Bruce isn't on the court much lately because he's looking old...

But then so is Finley.

loveforthegame
01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
I'd like to know why Bowen is on the bench during crunch time? Tonight Finley was in for him but it has been Udoka. Now obviously Udoka is a way better defender than Finley but I think it's strange Bowen is sitting a lot of the 4th quarters recently.

ploto
01-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I do give credit to PJ- he had some really nice plays out of time outs and knew exactly where the Spurs weaknesses were.

whottt
01-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm just going to throw this out there...it's not like teams get old by a set schedule...it just sort of happens bit by bit and then one day, they're old.

The Spurs are looking like that now...I'm not saying they won't turn it around...but it's a huge part of what the problem is now.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Bowen tried to get in but the refs wouldn't let him

I'm also pissed that ridnour was able to dribble the clock out at the end but whatever.

I also think we should just go all out with Mahimi Vice and Richardson because we aren't getting any help anywhere else.

Spurminator
Pop has informed me that I'll be taking some time off from getting worked up about Spurs games until they are ready to gear up for the Playoffs.

It's not what I want to do, but it's better for me this way.

SequSpur
I do give credit to PJ- he had some really nice plays out of time outs and knew exactly where the Spurs weaknesses were.

:tu

Kori Ellis
I'd like to know why Bowen is on the bench during crunch time? Tonight Finley was in for him but it has been Udoka. Now obviously Udoka is a way better defender than Finley but I think it's strange Bowen is sitting a lot of the 4th quarters recently.

The offense has sucked so bad with Tony struggling/hurt that Pop has been trying to keep as many offensive players on the floor as possible (thus the reason Bowen has been out sometimes lately).

whottt
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM

I think Udoka was still in the lockerroom getting stitched up.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM

True.

Spurs still shouldn't lose to the Sonics.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 12:43 AM
I think Udoka was still in the lockerroom getting stitched up.

Udoka sucked tonight anyway.

bigdog
01-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Sure, Finley messed up late in the game, but damn, why in the WORLD was Oberto guarding Wilcox??? Wilcox OWNED Oberto the entire game. That was the stupidest decision that I think Pop made all night. There's no excuse for putting the caveman on Wilcox. Chris Wilcox is wayyyyyyyyy to athletic and powerful for Oberto to be guarding him. I really don't know what to say about the spurs anymore. My heart wants to tell me that it's just another loss and they'll bounce back, but I've been saying that for the past month.

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
This is a really fucking bad loss. We came one play from letting teams on 15-game and 14-game losing streaks beat us within the week. :pctoss

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
playoffs?

we are only 2 games away from missing the 8th seed if we continue to slide games like this....

very pathetic performance from the bench

changes? we need change NOW

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Sure, Finley messed up late in the game, but damn, why in the WORLD was Oberto guarding Wilcox??? Wilcox OWNED Oberto the entire game. That was the stupidest decision that I think Pop made all night. There's no excuse for putting the caveman on Wilcox. Chris Wilcox is wayyyyyyyyy to athletic and powerful for Oberto to be guarding him. I really don't know what to say about the spurs anymore. My heart wants to tell me that it's just another loss and they'll bounce back, but I've been saying that for the past month.

Who did you want to guard Wilcox?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2008, 12:46 AM
So I won't really. :reading

I don't expect the Spurs to win many ball games with Tony out, but I didn't expect them to lose this one.

What freakin' really really killed me near the end of the game was Finley's f'up on D. Durant was wide open (45 sec mark, coming out of the timeout) - Finley didn't even come close to rotating.

In the last game, Finley messed up late in the game on D too that was very costly.

I don't expect him to be a good one on one defender. But just having mentally lapses and not rotating or rotating so so late is just killing me.

Anyway, that's all I got.

I'm not blaming the loss on Finley, but got damn.

Don't let tpark see this thread, he's too busy sucking Finley off to notice his shitty play.

ploto
01-30-2008, 12:47 AM
True.

Oh, I agree. There were parts of that game where I thought Seattle looked just awful, and yet they still won.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2008, 12:47 AM
This game loss was pretty infuriating to watch, even for the most confident fans.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Finley's screw ups have been game changing the last two games. I'm not saying that they are the only plays that would have decided the outcome. But they were HUGE mistakes. It's just infuriating.

ploto
01-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Who did you want to guard Wilcox?
I predict he will say Elson and then Kori really will lose it!

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 12:50 AM
playoffs?

we are only 2 games away from missing the 8th seed if we continue to slide games like this....

very pathetic performance from the bench

changes? we need change NOW

The Spurs are kind of in a damned if you do, damned if you don't predicament as far as trades go. It'll look really bad for recruiting FAs if they ship Finley's or Horry's expiring contracts. Not even considering that, Holt isn't going to be down with trading our expiring contracts for a long-term deal of someone who can help now. Pray Stoudamire is enough to keep the Spurs in the middle of the pack and that Tony comes back healthy. Without a 90% Parker, we're going to need 2003 Tim Duncan + 2005 Manu Ginobili in the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 12:50 AM

Oh... hell no.

SScarrJ
01-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Elson couldn't have been any worse than Oberto. But I'm sure everyone will defend him since Oberto got dimed for a few easy buckets.

How bout that special tip out at the end of the game? Gotta love when a player just has to put his hands on the ball but would rather play volleyball.

~Sweetmelody~
01-30-2008, 12:52 AM
I don't even think I have the energy to rant away ...

I had been looking forward to Thursday's game, but now I am just praying it won't be a blowout.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Elson couldn't have been any worse than Oberto. But I'm sure everyone will defend him since Oberto got dimed for a few easy buckets.

How bout that special tip out at the end of the game? Gotta love when a player just has to put his hands on the ball but would rather play volleyball.

That's something that bugs me too.

I used to love it form Oberto and Bonner, to tap out those rebounds, but then I realized 90% of the time they could simply grab the ball but choose to tap it anyway

loveforthegame
01-30-2008, 12:55 AM
The offense has sucked so bad with Tony struggling/hurt that Pop has been trying to keep as many offensive players on the floor as possible (thus the reason Bowen has been out sometimes lately).

Do you think that's why they have interest in Stoudamire? He's been known to light it up now and then but not a Spurs type defender.

Kori Ellis
I wanna hear LJ and Kori go on a huge rant.

misery loves company!

Oh, I'm not sure you want to hear that. I was actually considering audio recording timvp and I ranting and then uploading it as an .mp3. :lmao

bigfundamental21
Just let it out Kori.

We can't hold back any more. And our Spurs can't hold back either. We've got to go into Phoenix crazy mad.

MaNu4Tres
01-30-2008, 12:57 AM

LOL How bout oberto's step ladder for durant's and 1 in the closing minutes. Then again I'm used to it so I can't rant about it.

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2008, 12:58 AM
What's so troubling to me is that the Spurs aren't able to score the ball AND they aren't able to get big stops when they need them. I can understand that the offense might be a bit tougher to come by without Parker, but scoring 85 against a team that gives up 105 a night is grotesque. Given that, I can understand Pop looking for whatever offense he can squeeze out of this bunch, but I don't get the decision to play an offensive group coming out of that late timeout. That's an absolutely horrible decision by the coaching staff. What's more infuriating is the fact that the guys who were out there didn't do much to fight through the screen to get to the shooter -- way to much "Oh well" in that moment and not enough "Oh damn."

Somewhere in my heart of hearts, I think the Spurs will find a way out of this malaise and will be better for it. But in past years, there have at least been signs to find some hope. The best indicator I can find is that a lot of these recent losses are close, but even with that, I think the utter lack of offense in key moments is extremely troubling. This has gone on too long -- and the Spurs have talked too much about needing to correct things -- for this to just be a matter of experimentation. There's something fundamentally flawed about this team on the offensive end (over-reliance on 3-point shooting; washed up role players; dearth of athletic players who can create shots in the half-court; disinterest; soft) at the moment.

tlongII
01-30-2008, 12:58 AM
You guys have been on top for a long time. It's time for you to take your lumps.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 12:59 AM
What's so troubling to me is that the Spurs aren't able to score the ball AND they aren't able to get big stops when they need them. I can understand that the offense might be a bit tougher to come by without Parker, but scoring 85 against a team that gives up 105 a night is grotesque. Given that, I can understand Pop looking for whatever offense he can squeeze out of this bunch, but I don't get the decision to play an offensive group coming out of that late timeout. That's an absolutely horrible decision by the coaching staff. What's more infuriating is the fact that the guys who were out there didn't do much to fight through the screen to get to the shooter -- way to much "Oh well" in that moment and not enough "Oh damn." :tu

Somewhere in my heart of hearts, I think the Spurs will find a way out of this malaise and will be better for it. But in past years, there have at least been signs to find some hope. The best indicator I can find is that a lot of these recent losses are close, but even with that, I think the utter lack of offense in key moments is extremely troubling. This has gone on too long -- and the Spurs have talked too much about needing to correct things -- for this to just be a matter of experimentation. There's something fundamentally flawed about this team on the offensive end (over-reliance on 3-point shooting; washed up role players; dearth of athletic players who can create shots in the half-court; disinterest; soft) at the moment. :tu

MannyIsGod
01-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Man the game tonight has left a really shitty taste in my mouth. I know its early in the year still, but this team is looking EXTREMELY lackluster right now. Yeah Tony is out, but outside of the big 3 (2.5 at the moment) no one shows up consistently.

I think they'll probably get their ass kicked in Phoenix.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2008, 01:01 AM
The Spurs are kind of in a damned if you do, damned if you don't predicament as far as trades go. It'll look really bad for recruiting FAs if they ship Finley's or Horry's expiring contracts. Not even considering that, Holt isn't going to be down with trading our expiring contracts for a long-term deal of someone who can help now. Pray Stoudamire is enough to keep the Spurs in the middle of the pack and that Tony comes back healthy. Without a 90% Parker, we're going to need 2003 Tim Duncan + 2005 Manu Ginobili in the playoffs.

I'm not even sure that would be enough. This team has too many old people on it.

timvp
01-30-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm good. Frustrating loss but I still contend the Spurs looked worse last year. Without Parker and the team already playing crappy, I expected a close game.

I didn't expect the loss but the Sonics hit some shots at the end and the Spurs didn't. On to the next game. Right now, I'm more concerned about Parker's health than the wins and losses. If the Spurs enter the playoffs with a totally healthy team, I still like their chances.

And if championships were easy to win, we wouldn't treasure them as much as we do as Spurs fans. Winning a championship is fvcking hard to do. Bumps in the road like this happen.

It's not over yet. In fact, it hasn't even begun.

Believe.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm not even sure that would be enough. This team has too many old people on it.

I don't know if they are too old.

But I certainly know they aren't frickin' hungry enough.

anjlbitz
01-30-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm uhm. too angry to even join the ranting party.

bigdog
01-30-2008, 01:04 AM

Actually, no, I was going to say Mahinmi. :lol

vander
01-30-2008, 01:07 AM
we'll start winning again once Bonner gets more minutes.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 01:07 AM
if we are going to pull a trade now

the trades has to addressed our team needs,

that is a damn rebounder and a reliable backup down low player

seriously, bonner is a waste of money,
horry has nothing left in the tank,
oberto? dude is undersized and only good when spurs are playing against scrubs in a losing team effort

coachmac87
01-30-2008, 01:08 AM
fuck my life

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2008, 01:08 AM
I don't know if they are too old.

But I certainly know they aren't frickin' hungry enough.

I just think the number of 'aging vets' has reached critical mass on this team, hell it did last year, we just didn't have to deal with Dallas.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the Spurs front office was content with the AARP plan for the 2007-2008 season.

I think Finley and Horry are done. Barry probably won't be healthy the rest of the season, and Bowen is hit or miss (I am hoping like hell he's hitting when it matters, but this lull of late is making me nervous). Vaughn isn't the type of guy who can play significant minute in the playoffs at point and not have us suffer for it.

You're looking at Parker, TD, Manu, Udoka, and Bonner to carry the load, and Matt has proven to be about as clutch as Vince Carter when it matters.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've just got shades of Terry Porter falling down in the playoffs coming back to me when I watch this team these days.

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:09 AM
I stood in the bar looking at the screen for prob 15 mins.

Im at a loss for words honestly.

SScarrJ
01-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Can we please move Elson and Barry for Kurt Thomas? Stien said tonight on ESPN that they were basically giving Thomas away for expiring deals and a pick.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm good. Frustrating loss but I still contend the Spurs looked worse last year. Without Parker and the team already playing crappy, I expected a close game.

I didn't expect the loss but the Sonics hit some shots at the end and the Spurs didn't. On to the next game. Right now, I'm more concerned about Parker's health than the wins and losses. If the Spurs enter the playoffs with a totally healthy team, I still like their chances.

And if championships were easy to win, we wouldn't treasure them as much as we do as Spurs fans. Winning a championship is fvcking hard to do. Bumps in the road like this happen.

Believe.

:blah :blah :blah

That's a bunch of crap.

The Spurs have no fire, heart or hunger right now with or without a healthy Parker. Healthy Parker of course gives them a better chance. And I certainly think his health is a big part of why the Spurs aren't winning lately. But is this group hungry? I don't think so.

They started out the season focused and hot. They seemed to have the kind of determination only normally reserved for the postseason from the get-go to start the year. I was amazed by the focus, the ball movement and the efficiency.

And then something funny happened, they beat a bunch of mediocre teams and had an overinflated record. All of a sudden they lost their way. People started missing rotations and didn't seem to care. Guys got focused on 1-on-1 instead of 5-on-5. Pop shuffled players in and out of the lineup with reckless abandon. Players stopped caring about the big picture - which is something that the Spurs live by. All of a sudden the Spurs lost all cohesiveness and focus.

Sure, injuries suck. But I really wish the Spurs would have started the season at .500 after 20 games rather than 17-3. They fell victim to thinking they are better than they are and they stopped working. It sucks.

I thought some of these bad losses lately would snap something in some of these guys' heads to make them realize that every play counts, all 48 minutes. Repeating isn't easy but winning ball games in January against crap teams should be easier than this.

The Spurs used to be a got damn machine of efficiency. Now they are a pile of broken parts.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 01:11 AM

Welcome aboard :tu

baseline bum
The worst part about this loss is that Duncan and Ginobili both played almost 40 minutes. We really need a competent bigman, and trading Barry to a team looking to clear capspace makes a lot of sense right now.

RC's Boss

Believe.
He said believe DAMMIT. Everyone calm the @!%k down! :madrun Are we Spurs fans that spoiled????? We'll be back like the Terminator... at least this year, can't say for next season :smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
if we are going to pull a trade now

the trades has to addressed our team needs,

that is a damn rebounder and a reliable backup down low player

seriously, bonner is a waste of money,
horry has nothing left in the tank,
oberto? dude is undersized and only good when spurs are playing against scrubs in a losing team effort

What assets do we have that someone would want?

The big three aren't touchable.

Pop won't trade Bowen, Finley, Barry, or Horry on principle (probably can add Vaughn to this list too).

That leaves us with Udoka, Ian, Tiago's rights, any of our stashed Euros' rights, Bonner, Richardson.... not exactly going to get much out of that group in return.

The Spurs screwed the pooch on addressing team needs over the summer. Udoka was a shrewd pickup, but other than that we got subjected to the typical Holting pattern, and it's now come home to roost.

duncan228
01-30-2008, 01:12 AM

Believe.

I'm with you timvp.
For whatever reason I'm not nearly as concerned as I was last year at this time.
I know they'll work through this, and they'll be better for having gone through it.
Their bodies will heal, their minds will join together in the "bunker mentality" that they have coming into the playoffs.
Whether Pop pulls his soft speech, whether they stand with what they have or make a trade, it will all wash out in time for them to be playing well when it matters.

You've got to lose to know how to win.
This team knows both. They will come out of this fine.

I believe.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2008, 01:13 AM

That's a bunch of crap.

The Spurs have no fire, heart or hunger right now with or without a healthy Parker. Healthy Parker of course gives them a better chance. And I certainly think his health is a big part of why the Spurs aren't winning lately. But is this group hungry? I don't think so.

They started out the season focused and hot. They seemed to have the kind of determination only normally reserved for the postseason from the get-go to start the year. I was amazed by the focus, the ball movement and the efficiency.

And then something funny happened, they beat a bunch of mediocre teams and had an overinflated record. All of a sudden they lost their way. People started missing rotations and didn't seem to care. Guys got focused on 1-on-1 instead of 5-on-5. Pop shuffled players in and out of the lineup with reckless abandon. Players stopped caring about the big picture - which is something that the Spurs live by. All of a sudden the Spurs lost all cohesiveness and focus.

Sure, injuries suck. But I really wish the Spurs would have started the season at .500 after 20 games rather than 17-3. They fell victim to thinking they are better than they are and they stopped working. It sucks.

I thought some of these bad losses lately would snap something in some of these guys heads to make them realize that every play counts, all 48 minutes. Repeating isn't easy but winning ball games in January against crap teams should be easier than this.

The Spurs used to be a got damn machine of efficiency. Now they are a pile of broken parts.

good post.

I initially was annoyed with Pop for not settling on even a semi-rotation, as it felt that his lineups and shuffling of players was all over the place.

But now I kinda realize he literally has no one to even set a rotation for outside the big 3 and perhaps Udoka and Bowen.

and god help me if the Spurs lose to the Raptors in a game in which I paid over $200 a ticket for!! :oops

MaNu4Tres
Something that can improve the offense is having a big NOT named Oberto next to Tim getting consistant minutes, helping triggering fast breaks and creating easy transition buckets by standing their ground inside, blocking, and contesting shots around the rim. Something Oberto is very very very inferior at.

Our transition game has been non-existent the past month and a half. Half of that is because of Parker's injury but the other half of it comes from the lack of interior defense. That's why I'm so against Oberto, but y'all claim he's solid when he gets dimed for easy wide open lay ups, sets screens, and tips a ball out or two. Any big can make an open layup and set a good screen and most grab rebounds not tip them. We win with defense, always have always will and thats my point about Oberto. He brings zero defensively.

If anything I'd like to trade a couple of expendable players with expiring contracts for a defensive big man.

TDMVPDPOY
with or without parker

they loss to the damn sonics, out of all the teams, teh sonics!!!

this is outrageous, they do not know this spur-taaaaa

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Welcome aboard :tu
:lol

Even Tpark was bothered by this loss.

freemeat
01-30-2008, 01:18 AM
This team has more issues than Britney Spears.

Not only are they getting old and busted, but the youngest player to get any real minutes is out "indefinitely". This is no way to go about the Rodeo Road Trip. In the past, they have at least had their core in-tact during the trip...but not this time around.

If anything is going to happen to keep this ship afloat, it will have to wait until after the trip, I am afraid...maybe when Barry is back, Pop can finally get this team together.

A lot of people here are opposed to Stoudamire joining the team for various reasons, but at this point he cannot really hurt the team. If he does join, he is a temporary fix at best...he is 34 damn years old.

2006-2007 Spurs: NBA Champions
2007-2008 Spurs: The Best Damn Wheelchair Basketball Team the World Has Ever Seen

Budkin
01-30-2008, 01:20 AM

They just broke T-Park... the sky is falling.

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 01:21 AM
What assets do we have that someone would want?

The big three aren't touchable.

Pop won't trade Bowen, Finley, Barry, or Horry on principle (probably can add Vaughn to this list too).

That leaves us with Udoka, Ian, Tiago's rights, any of our stashed Euros' rights, Bonner, Richardson.... not exactly going to get much out of that group in return.

The Spurs screwed the pooch on addressing team needs over the summer. Udoka was a shrewd pickup, but other than that we got subjected to the typical Holting pattern, and it's now come home to roost.

The Spurs have come close to dealing Barry two years in a row now. It makes sense to finally make the move this time, with him out a month, a $5.5 million expiring contract, and the uncertainty of when that calf if going to go down a 4th time when he comes back. Add in Elson's $3 million expiring deal, and maybe the Spurs can land someone to contribute off the bench.

it's me
01-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Main problem is that outside Tim, Manu and Tony nobody in this team scores consistently , these three sometimes have to force it way to much just to try to keep a game close, and what happen … turn overs, double, triple team on Tim, then injuries… What else… we only need one or two players to make some stupid buckets.. that’s all.

freemeat
01-30-2008, 01:22 AM
If you do not agree that this is the worst the Spurs have played since drafting Duncan, you probably need to see a doctor.

If the season started a month ago, the Spurs would need to play .750 ball (at worst) the rest of the way just to make the playoffs. We are playing like a team content with a top 10 pick in the lottery right now.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:23 AM

That's a bunch of crap.

... And I just spilled a frickin' full iced coffee on my keyboard :pctoss :madrun :pctoss

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm not broke, hell I'm with Timvp.

I just thought they had the game won when they went up 77-71.

I think they deal for a big, sign stoudamire, and parker comes back 90% after the all star game.

Good enough to win it all.

IMO, if Udoka could've stayed out there for the rest of tonight and last night, we'd be talking about a 2-0 RRT.

MaNu4Tres
01-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Something that can improve the offense is having a big NOT named Oberto next to Tim getting consistant minutes, helping triggering fast breaks and creating easy transition buckets by standing their ground inside, blocking, and contesting shots around the rim. Something Oberto is very very very inferior at.

Our transition game has been non-existent the past month and a half. Half of that is because of Parker's injury but the other half of it comes from the lack of interior defense. That's why I'm so against Oberto, but y'all claim he's solid when he gets dimed for easy wide open lay ups, sets screens, and tips a ball out or two. Any big can make an open layup and set a good screen and most grab rebounds not tip them. We win with defense, always have always will and thats my point about Oberto. He brings zero defensively.

If anything I'd like to trade a couple of expendable players with expiring contracts for a defensive big man.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:25 AM
IMO, if Udoka could've stayed out there for the rest of tonight and last night, we'd be talking about a 2-0 RRT.

Udoka sucked today.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2008, 01:27 AM
:tu baseline bum, FWD and Aggie.

LJ, I'm surprised that you think they were worse at this time last year! I can't agree.

As for trades - I think Pop has to sit down with one of those four he "won't trade in principle", package whoever it is with Elson, a pick and cash, and get Thomas. Elson + Barry makes sense because that would give Seattle even more cap room (about $400,000 more), but I hate to see Barry go.

I'd also like to see Pietrus here, but it's one or the other and a big is a bigger need I guess.

We don't have a hope in hell with all these guys who've suddenly turned 50 overnight!

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Offensively sure, but he doesn't get stuck behind the pick of Kurt Thomas guarding Durant.

Two nights in a row the game winning shot is made off of Udoka's guy being open.

tav1
01-30-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm gonna sleep easy tonight. I was actually hoping we'd lose. The braintrust might have tried one of those "we'll roll with what we got" manuevers otherwise. Now, what can we they get for Elson? And to which of the big three will Pop delegate the task of taking Horry behind the shed and putting him down. That dog is dead.

If Parker and Barry return healthy and we get one decent rotational big man (Frye, Villanueva, Foyle, anyone is better than Elson) in a trade, we can still win a title despite recent shittiness.

Kori Ellis
I'd also like to see Pietrus here, but it's one or the other and a big is a bigger need I guess.

Spurs didn't even want Pietrus when he was a free agent. No team did.

Kori Ellis
Offensively sure, but he doesn't get stuck behind the pick of Kurt Thomas guarding Durant.

Two nights in a row the game winning shot is made off of Udoka's guy being open.

He didn't do anything on either side of the ball.

I assume you mean Finley's guy. Yeah I'm aware of that. I'm the one who started this thread on the subject :lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 01:29 AM
The Spurs have come close to dealing Barry two years in a row now. It makes sense to finally make the move this time, with him out a month, a $5.5 million expiring contract, and the uncertainty of when that calf if going to go down a 4th time when he comes back. Add in Elson's $3 million expiring deal, and maybe the Spurs can land someone to contribute off the bench.

Jeff foster from the pacers is teh ideal player, rebs and defends very well, earns about 5.7m this season and a player option the following year at 6.175m

pacers are rebuilding if they can get rid of JOs contract

jeff foster doesnt seem to be overpaid as considered what we paid rasho when he was here, jeff foster is a huge upgrade over rasho, nazr, elson

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Udoka's guy who hed been guarding but when he left it turned into Finley's guy yeah.

whottt
01-30-2008, 01:31 AM

It really doesn't make much sense to deal Barry...we'll be a worse team for it.

But whatever...you wanna watch Findog go Smitty on us against LA in the playoffs, be my guest.

itzsoweezee
01-30-2008, 01:32 AM
the big three and the old bums

finley - he's done
horry - stick a fork in him
barry - done
vaughn - never was anything
bowen - probably finished, but i'm hoping i'm wrong

this is what happens when the owner is a lousy cheap bastard.

whottt
01-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Just for the record...Findog is shooting 389 for the season...from the field.

IF Barry dares to shoot that bad from 3 you guys want to run him..and that's usually while he's leading the team in 2pct.

Mavs > Spurs
ROFLMAOOOOOO@ THE SPURS! Age has finallu caught up to you fucks! :toast

T Park
itzsoweezee go kill yourself

your just regurgitating the same tripe.

Bring a new take or STFU.

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Just for the record...Findog is shooting 389 for the season...from the field.

IF Barry dares to shoot that bad from 3 you guys want to run him..and that's usually while he's leading the team in 2pct.

When Brent Barry averages double digits in scoring for a series you let me know.

whottt
01-30-2008, 01:36 AM
389 FG pct sucks....if you don't fucking get that, go read basketball 101 again.

MaNu4Tres
01-30-2008, 01:36 AM
With the play of Udoka the past month, Barry is expendable. I don't care if he hit two 3's against phoenix last year. We need help inside.

itzsoweezee
01-30-2008, 01:37 AM
itzsoweezee go kill yourself

your just regurgitating the same tripe.

Bring a new take or STFU.

awww, u mad?

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:38 AM
not at all.

But mindless idiots like yourself that throw out bullshit like you are are annoying.

T Park
389 FG pct sucks....if you don't fucking get that, go read basketball 101 again

avoid avoid avoid

Fillmoe
lol.... yall got beat by the SONICS! arent they on like a 15 game skid?

itzsoweezee
not at all.

But mindless idiots like yourself that throw out bullshit like you are are annoying.

keep drinking the kool aid.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:39 AM
arent they on like a 15 game skid?

Not anymore :lmao

Fillmoe
01-30-2008, 01:39 AM
lol, tim duncan got posterized by wally scrubiak!

freemeat
01-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Pietrus is a better-than-average individual player, but he would add nothing to the Spurs as a team.

baseline bum
It really doesn't make much sense to deal Barry...we'll be a worse team for it.

But whatever...you wanna watch Findog go Smitty on us against LA in the playoffs, be my guest.

If we have a healthy Barry, then in no way would I deal him. I'm worried about his recovery from this injury. He's made it worse almost immediately twice after coming back from the IR. Gambling that it won't happen a third time is something the Spurs can't afford to do, especially considering that in the best case he's not giving us anything for a month. He has the largest expiring deal, which makes him by far the Spurs best trade bait.

Again, if this injury never happened, there's no way in hell I'm trading Barry with the season he had.

tav1
Help inside, yes. Another wing, no. Pietrus is a dumb ass. That's his m.o. We need someone to rebound, protect the rim and throw down an angry dunk now and again. I'd rather cut off my left testicle and roll into onto the court than see Elson enter the game. The same goes for Horry. I'd have to kiss reproduction good bye, but at least I'd be happy.

Kori Ellis

We watched the game.

This thread is for ranting about the Spurs. Take your troll-ass elsewhere.

Thanks. :hat

MaNu4Tres

lol Tim Duncan has 4 rings. And will get his 5th before he retires. More rings than the kings will ever see.

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:42 AM
keep drinking the kool aid.

keep popping the cyanide for society's sake please.

tlongII
Your biggest problem is Popovich. The most OVERRATED coach in NBA history!

O.J. Mayonnaise
The Spurs perimeter players outside of Manu have reached Larry Hughes-level suckage. Right now, Tim and Manu have to go Kobe on every possession for the Spurs to even have a chance.

timvp
01-30-2008, 01:43 AM

That's a bunch of crap.:guin

The Spurs have no fire, heart or hunger right now with or without a healthy Parker. Healthy Parker of course gives them a better chance. And I certainly think his health is a big part of why the Spurs aren't winning lately. But is this group hungry? I don't think so.I think the problem is that these Spurs win championships with dedication to detail and giving optimum effort. Down a man and not going at full throttle, they become a very average team. With a team like the Spurs, there's not a big difference between winning and losing games.

Lack of hunger? Sure. But hunger isn't something that should be lacking down the stretch of the regular season and the playoffs.

They started out the season focused and hot. They seemed to have the kind of determination only normally reserved for the postseason from the get-go to start the year. I was amazed by the focus, the ball movement and the efficiency.The Spurs were in danger of peaking too early. Now? Not so much :lol

And then something funny happened, they beat a bunch of mediocre teams and had an overinflated record. All of a sudden they lost their way. People started missing rotations and didn't seem to care. Guys got focused on 1-on-1 instead of 5-on-5. Pop shuffled players in and out of the lineup with reckless abandon. Players stopped caring about the big picture - which is something that the Spurs live by. All of a sudden the Spurs lost all cohesiveness and focus.Agreed. A championship Spurs team minus cohesiveness is a 48-50 win team. But it also works the other way. If the Spurs can get some sort of cohesion going before the playoffs, they'll have a chance.

They fell victim to thinking they are better than they are and they stopped working. It sucks.Agreed. The Spurs probably let their guard down and are paying for it now.

However, I don't think that the impact of injuries can be overstated. Parker first came up lame against the Warriors on the road the first time they lost to Golden State. Since then, the Spurs have gone 11-13. I don't think that's by coincidence.

Parker is a huge part of what this team does. It sounds like an excuse but it's the truth. Add in some missed games by Duncan and Ginobili and it's not shocking that the Spurs are sucking. Not only does Parker create easy points himself off layups, he's the guy who is the best on the team at breaking down defenses and creating open shots for three-point shooters. When Parker got hurt, not only do the Spurs miss out on his points, they miss out on all the easy three-pointers he creates.

People like to whine about Bruce Bowen but the player Bowen most relies on offensively is Parker. Most of Bowen's three-pointers come off of Parker passes. Duncan and Ginobili combined don't create as many shots for Bowen as Parker does. Up until Parker got hurt, Bowen was having his best season ever shooting the ball. Since? He has struggled mightily and has tried to make up for it by creating his own shots .... which has been a disaster.

A bad part about being such a well oiled machine is that if a cog gets damaged, the whole machine is going to feel the impact. Parker has sucked for the last six plus weeks. As a result, the Spurs' machine as sucked.

If Parker can get healthy, this team will be fine. Duncan and Ginobili are playing well. If Parker can add some easy points at the rim and help create shots for shooters such as Bowen, the Spurs can get back to how they were playing in November.

If Parker can't get healthy, this team will look old and will lose in the first or second round.

Oh and I will rant about one thing . . .

FVCK THE FRENCH DOCTORS AND FVCK THE FRENCH NATIONAL TEAM FOR MAKING PARKER PLAY THROUGH HIS ANKLE PAIN. YOU FVCKING PVSSY AZZ TEAM SUCKS. YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SURRENDERED BEFORE THE DAMN TOURNAMENT. THIS ANKLE INJURY AND CURRENT SLUMP IS YOUR DAMN FAULT, YA ESCARGOT EATING PANSIES.

:madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Ahh, that felt good.

:smokin

hsxvvd
I think PJ is the main reason we are in this slump. Pop does not have a decent assistant right now and he needs one. Our Defence is terrible and we need to bring in a defensive minded assistant. Heck, we need to poach one from another team if we have to.

MaNu4Tres
Your biggest problem is Popovich. The most OVERRATED coach in NBA history!

Most overrated No. Most stubborn maybe.

freemeat
389 FG pct sucks....if you don't fucking get that, go read basketball 101 again.

Where can I get this so-called "basketball 101"? I want to buy a copy and send it to the Spurs before they get to Phoenix. Fuck it...I will read it aloud and send an audio recording to Finley myself. Is there also a "Defense for Dummies"?

ShoogarBear
I didn't expect the loss but the Sonics hit some shots at the end and the Spurs didn't. Thanks, timvpDynasty.

Kibic
Is it true, Pop has already made some phone talks to Sac?

RC's Boss
01-30-2008, 01:45 AM
:lol

greens
01-30-2008, 01:46 AM

That's a bunch of crap.

I thought some of these bad losses lately would snap something in some of these guys' heads to make them realize that every play counts, all 48 minutes. Repeating isn't easy but winning ball games in January against crap teams should be easier than this.

I see a lot of hunger in Manu and Timmy and TP(when healthy). It's just that lately basically no other player brings anything anymore! Finley's defensive issues and shooting issues are hurting the team, same with Horry, Bonner, Elson, etc...It's like none of the role players are stepping up.

In today's game, for instance, Manu and Tim gave everything they had...but no one else did. I don't remember the last time that Manu played for 40 minutes! Two players cannot win a game, there has to be more guys stepping up on a more consistent basis...I'm beginning to feel bad for Manu and Tim especially...they really play their hearts out and yet lose. Back to back games of Manu scoring 29 pts, Timmy getting his 27 pts, both are really giving their best efforts. Both have had to carry a lot of load with TP being hurt and no one showing up to play...

What do you think is going on with the rest of the players? Do you think Pop will make a trade? Do you think Manu will continue to start? Today, the bench for the Spurs was completely outscored...How many games do you think TP will miss? And is there a chance the Spurs won't be able to even make it to the playoffs, even for top 8 spot?

Lately it's basically Manu/Timmy playing against all the other players on the opposing teams...

I don't think things were this bad last year...

T Park
I think Parker's injury is good enough evidence for the Spurs to put their collective feet down and tell Ginobili, Splitter, Oberto, and Parker, no more summer national team bullshit.

baseline bum

ducks?

itzsoweezee

you hold 0 weight. hell, negative weight. i remember the the 05 finals and a little spurstalk poster jumping off the spurs bandwagon.

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM

Asking if Mikki Moore is available probobly.

Yeah its that bad :lol

MaNu4Tres
I think Parker's injury is good enough evidence for the Spurs to put their collective feet down and tell Ginobili, Splitter, Oberto, and Parker, no more summer national team bullshit.

I'd love that.

T Park
you hold 0 weight. hell, negative weight. i remember the the 05 finals and a little spurstalk poster jumping off the spurs bandwagon.

I hold a shitload of weight thank you very much.

ShoogarBear
01-30-2008, 01:48 AM

That's a bunch of crap.
Thank you.

I think he was just practicing his namby-pamby for tonight's Game Thoughts.

Boy has sold out since he hit the big time.

RC's Boss
01-30-2008, 01:48 AM
People act as if this team didn't get out to a good start. The team is STILL VERY GOOD. The injuries kinda threw a wrench into the works. Pop sees this and decided to sit Parker... Barry shoudn't have never come back. In another month I will bring this thread back up and give out crow to 98.7% of you schitzos!

greens
01-30-2008, 01:49 AM

Manu and Oberto didn't play for their national team this year. Also, I think Tony said that he'll take a 2 year break from his national team...

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Parker is a huge part of what this team does. It sounds like an excuse but it's the truth. ... When Parker got hurt, not only do the Spurs miss out on his points, they miss out on all the easy three-pointers he creates.

Agreed.

People like to whine about Bruce Bowen but the player Bowen most relies on offensively is Parker. Most of Bowen's three-pointers come off of Parker passes. Duncan and Ginobili combined don't create as many shots for Bowen as Parker does. Up until Parker got hurt, Bowen was having his best season ever shooting the ball. Since? He has struggled mightily and has tried to make up for it by creating his own shots .... which has been a disaster.

This is a huge observation. It's no coincidence that when Parker stopped being able to penetrate, Bruce's game went downhill.

If Parker can get healthy, this team will be fine. Duncan and Ginobili are playing well. If Parker can add some easy points at the rim and help create shots for shooters such as Bowen, the Spurs can get back to how they were playing in November.

If Parker can't get healthy, this team will look old and will lose in the first or second round.

If Parker can get healthy, the Spurs will be better. But their lackadaisical attitude sucks with or without him. They need to find that burning desire and focus that they had to start the season. They need to watch the frickin' tape of themselves losing to the Mavs in 06. They need to watch the tape of Stephen Jackson burying 3's like an assassin for the Spurs in 03 and the Warriors (vs Mavs) in 06.

Everyone needs to step up their intensity level - even players like Duncan on D. Even Pop. He laughs more than he fumes this year. That's not good.

FVCK THE FRENCH DOCTORS AND FVCK THE FRENCH NATIONAL TEAM FOR MAKING PARKER PLAY THROUGH HIS ANKLE PAIN. YOU FVCKING PVSSY AZZ TEAM SUCKS. YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SURRENDERED BEFORE THE DAMN TOURNAMENT. THIS ANKLE INJURY AND CURRENT SLUMP IS YOUR DAMN FAULT, YA ESCARGOT EATING PANSIES.

:lmao There you go. You insulted a nation.

Fillmoe
01-30-2008, 01:51 AM
escargot, my car go, one sixty, swiftly! wreck it buy a new one, your crew run run run, your crew run run

Fillmoe
sorry that was the last troll post....

/leaves thread

freemeat
People act as if this team didn't get out to a good start. The team is STILL VERY GOOD. The injuries kinda threw a wrench into the works. Pop sees this and decided to sit Parker... Barry shoudn't have never come back. In another month I will bring this thread back up and give out crow to 98.7% of you schitzos!

The Spurs could very well be the 9th or 10th seed in a month...if that happens to be the case, what then?

timvp
Spurs have problems on the court and all whottt can think about is Barry?

T Park
Manu and Oberto didn't play for their national team this year. Also, I think Tony said that he'll take a 2 year break from his national team

They were and are talking about playing the GD olympics in China.

Parker's 2 year break better extend to a permanent break.

timvp
01-30-2008, 01:53 AM
Boy has sold out since he hit the big time.ROFL. timvp has anchored Believe© since 1994 on these here internets.

Kori Ellis
Oh and I can't believe I spilled coffee on my new keyboard.

And yes, I know I said that two pages ago.

:pctoss :madrun :pctoss

Kori Ellis
ROFL. timvp has anchored Believe© since 1994 on these here internets.

Frickin' HOYA.

objective
01-30-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't understand the talk of trading for a big man without at least throwing Mahinmi to the wolves for a stretch of games first.

Maybe someone other than Duncan will actually make an effort to protect the rim for once.

MrChug
01-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Rant about shit (in January)? Get called a shitranter...and deservedly so.

T Park
objective

Mahinmi isn't ready.

Hes foul prone in the D League.

Hed be DJ Mbenga with much more talent out there.

baseline bum
Frickin' HOYA.

Ah shit, bring your colors:

http://www.pinuniversity.com/ProductImages/misclarge/beat_bama.gif

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:56 AM
HOYA

winng rings for 9 years now :smokin

T Park
01-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Shit now this Forum is feelin like Spurs talk again.

FUCK YEAH :lol

Kori Ellis
Ah shit, bring your colors:

http://www.pinuniversity.com/ProductImages/misclarge/beat_bama.gif

http://www.esportsflags.com/files/BAMA.jpg

Kori Ellis
HOYA

winng rings for 9 years now :smokin

Nope. The Spurs still didn't sit on their asses in the year's they won titles.

BAMA has been winning all along.

objective
01-30-2008, 01:58 AM
objective

Mahinmi isn't ready.

Hes foul prone in the D League.

Hed be DJ Mbenga with much more talent out there.

maybe he'd be Johan Petro and contribute something in a short amount of time in spite of his deficiencies

shame on PJ for not finding an over-30 ineffective big man to get those minutes instead

timvp
escargot, my car go, one sixty, swiftly! wreck it buy a new one, your crew run run run, your crew run runMighty Mouse bring a pen. Call me 'round ten. --Pop

RC's Boss
The Spurs could very well be the 9th or 10th seed in a month...if that happens to be the case, what then?
Go on a winning streak and get 1-5????? Look at the standings, it's not much ground to make up out there. I don't really care if they are 7th seed in April. As long as the team is healthy, they will contend, and contend mightily. Hornets, Suns, Lakers, etc. are STILL no match for SA in a 7 game series, maybe next year or two, but this year... Nah... The Suns, NEVER. The only team that could topple a HEALTHY Spurs in the west, is the same team that was the only one for the past 3 years. I-35 North!

freemeat
Oh and I can't believe I spilled coffee on my new keyboard.

And yes, I know I said that two pages ago.

:pctoss :madrun :pctoss

There is no way it looks as bad as some of the other posters here...some people have anger issues...

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/131460/2/istockphoto_131460_broken_keyboard_computer_rage.j pg

greens
01-30-2008, 02:00 AM
They were and are talking about playing the GD olympics in China.

Parker's 2 year break better extend to a permanent break.

A huge reason why Manu had the amazing start this year was because he didn't play for the national team in the summer, he got the rest. I don't know why you think he played this year when he didn't. So it's good for him to get that rest every summer, since he's 30. I agree with that.

As for Olympics, I think all the players are thinking about playing and will be allowed to play.

timvp
01-30-2008, 02:00 AM
I was posting about the Spurs back when computers weighed 5000 pounds and Al Gore was just a wayward sperm.

RC's Boss
01-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Mighty Mouse bring a pen. Call me 'round ten. --Pop
"Come thru, have sex on rugs that's Persian. Creep up on ya movie set, hit cha' while you're workin." RC Buford , trying to backdoor Tony and shoot game at Eva

SenorSpur
01-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Can we please move Elson and Barry for Kurt Thomas? Stien said tonight on ESPN that they were basically giving Thomas away for expiring deals and a pick.

Kurt Thomas? For what? Half a season? No thanks. I know Thomas has an expiring deal too, but what's the point? Are you thinking that he can give us the edge we need in a small-ball lineup? He doesn't have a chance of being around next year. The age, slow-footedness, and complacency of this roster is a big part of the problem here. I'd rather the Spurs go after a younger guy of the same skill set or retain Elson for the duration and give Ian some shine.

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 02:04 AM
http://www.esportsflags.com/files/BAMA.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/766/hoya2nq7.png

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Kurt Thomas? For what? Half a season? No thanks. I know Thomas has an expiring deal too, but what's the point? Are you thinking that he can give us the edge we need in a small-ball lineup?The reason Pop goes to small ball so often is he doesn't trust the big men he has.
He doesn't have a chance of being around next year.Why not?

The age, slow-footedness, and complacency of this roster is a big part of the problem here. I'd rather the Spurs go after a younger guy of the same skill set or retain Elson for the duration and give Ian some shine.Which available younger guy is averaging over 9 boards and a block in 25 minutes?

atxrocker
01-30-2008, 02:09 AM
this thread blew the fuck up

Budkin
01-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Any chance we can get DRob back?

ShoogarBear
01-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Man, the Spurs have never had a guard who could score like Manu Ginobili.

ShoogarBear
01-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Fuck it. Back to being a Jazz fan.

O.J. Mayonnaise
01-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Kurt Thomas is the only trade idea I've heard on here that makes any sense. He's better than any of the bigs the Spurs have besides Duncan. He's good defensively and most importantly he can actually hit an open shot.

RC's Boss
01-30-2008, 02:15 AM
San Antonio- The Spurs may have pulled off the steal of the century in a one-sided blockbuster deal that saw the LaKer's Kobe Bryant, Chris Mihm, and Andrew Bynum traded to San Antonio for Brent Barry, Francisco Elson, Fabricio Oberto, Ian Mahinmi, and the rights to Tiago Splitter. "We kept hearing about all these folks on spurstalk.com that had all the ancient Chineese trade secrets. RC and I were skeptical at first, but were suprised by the wealth of knowledge we recieved. Big ups to the posters over there, couldn't have pulled this shit off without you!" Pop does have some regrets about the trade. "Mitch Kupchak will definately be fired for agreeing to such an assed-backwards trade, but hey.. He's down with the purple & gold, it's silver & black all day over here bitches. Peace out!" Associated Press

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Kurt Thomas is the only trade idea I've heard on here that makes any sense. He's better than any of the bigs the Spurs have besides Duncan. He's good defensively and most importantly he can actually hit an open shot.

Yeh his contract is expiring

makes no sense from us if you going to trade our expirings for him, unless PJ wants more on our side of the bargain of the table

he is a short term solution just like with nazr....

umm him of jeff foster, take ur pick

whottt
01-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Spurs have problems on the court and all whottt can think about is Barry?

Who started the Barry talk?

I swear...anytime there's a problem, trade Barry. I think you guys think that can cure cancer or something.

Anyway...how you like our tuning the corner now?

Me? I consider this payback for aholes snubbing my game thoughts. Karma's a bitch.

ChumpDumper
makes no sense from us if you going to trade our expirings for him, unless PJ wants more on our side of the bargain of the tableWho cares about PJ -- go to the man who signs the checks (and will cash the Spurs' checks).

O.J. Mayonnaise
Thomas is waaayyy better then Foster. I don't know what the Spurs have that the Sonics would actually want though.

tav1
01-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Thomas is better than Foster. Barry, Elson and #2. PJ owes us that much.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 02:23 AM
I'm not even sure Thomas' contract is expiring. Most places I look (outside Hoopshype) say that it's through 08-09.

tav1
Pop is probably at dinner with PJ and Presti discussing this as I type.

Kori Ellis
"The Knicks signed Kurt Thomas to a 4 year, $30.9 million contract extension. He is now signed through the 2008-09 season."

tav1
01-30-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm not even sure Thomas' contract is expiring. Most places I look (outside Hoopshype) say that it's through 08-09.

ESPN says it's up this year.

timvp
01-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Who started the Barry talk? Who perpetuated it?

I swear...anytime there's a problem, trade Barry. I think you guys think that can cure cancer or something. I have been against trading Barry all season. The only way I trade him now is if his calf is going to be an injury that never really heals.

Anyway...how you like our tuning the corner now? Do you root for or against the Spurs when Barry is out?

Me? I consider this payback for aholes snubbing my game thoughts. Karma's a bitch.Snubbing? What was wrong with your game thoughts?

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 02:26 AM
ESPN says it's up this year.

Yeah, I'm sure they got it from Hoopshype. :lol
I found the report when originally re-upped his contract.

He had one year left on his contract (04-05) when he extended for another 4 years. So that would take him through 08-09. But maybe 08-09 is an option year.

whottt
01-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Who questioned it?

Fixed.

I have been against trading Barry all season. The only way I trade him now is if his calf is going to be an injury that never really heals.

Awesome...it's about time you figured the whole Barry thing out :tu

Do you root for or against the Spurs when Barry is out?

For generally...

But I've already gone on record as saying I want the Spurs to have a low seed this season because I don't think it will impact their play one way or the other...and because I like this draft.

O.J. Mayonnaise
01-30-2008, 02:40 AM
I suppose the Barry/Finley debate is moot now that Barry is injured, but why does Finley start and get more playing time when they're healthy? I never understood that. To me, Barry and Finley are the same player. They're out there to shoot, and neither player plays great defense. However, Barry is a better passer than Finley and shoots a better percentage. If the Spurs are going to have a guy out there whose job is to shoot jumpers, why not put a guy out there who actually shoots a good percentage? Also, I swear that every time Finley touches the Ball he shoots it.

timvp
01-30-2008, 02:40 AM
You were right about Barry. He's finally playing how the Spurs wanted him to play from the beginning. To bad he's hurt.Fixed.

For generally...

But I've already gone on record as saying I want the Spurs to have a low seed this season because I don't think it will impact their play one way or the other...and because I like this draft.ROFL @ Generally. I'm going to miss you on the forum once you leave when Barry retires.

Oh and this draft pretty much sucks.

whottt
01-30-2008, 02:50 AM
Finley and shoots a better percentage. If the Spurs are going to have a guy out there whose job is to shoot jumpers, why not put a guy out there who actually shoots a good percentage?

Classic

SenorSpur
01-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Totally understand and agree as to the importance of Parker's ability to break down defenses and create shots for others. My point has always been, "but he shouldn't be the only one".

Parker is one of our Big Three and his skills are unique to this team. Therein lies the issue. There's no one else on the roster that can do what he does. Manu shoots way too much and the only player he looks to setup is Oberto. So that's not the answer.

It be nice to have another player (backup PG) who do some similar things - even for smaller stretches.

polandprzem
01-30-2008, 03:07 AM

Believe.
well you should worry about the losses cause the spurs might miss the plyoffs. So what then healthy team can do? Go fishing?

greens
01-30-2008, 04:24 AM
Totally understand and agree as to the importance of Parker's ability to break down defenses and create shots for others. My point has always been, "but he shouldn't be the only one".

Parker is one of our Big Three and his skills are unique to this team. Therein lies the issue. There's no one else on the roster that can do what he does. Manu shoots way too much and the only player he looks to setup is Oberto. So that's not the answer.

It be nice to have another player (backup PG) who do some similar things - even for smaller stretches.

Manu had 7 assists in today's game...He normally gets a good amount of assists, actually. I think in one of the recent games, he also had 7 assists. So he doesn't just set up Oberto...he sets up a ton of guys...

The problem is that Finley and Bruce are not hitting their shots right now...How do you get assists when the other guys are not making their shots?

Anyway, I'm really hoping TP gets better real soon...it's hard to win any games with any of the Big Three missing...especially when the role players are struggling and the team is not doing so good...

Anyone know how many games TP might miss? I know he won't play against the Suns...I am glad that he's getting the rest...I felt Pop should have even sat him sooner because anyone could see that he was about 60% healthy...it's just that right now the team especially needs him.

roycrikside
01-30-2008, 04:38 AM

You're not going to keep them out of the Olympics, TPark. They're kind of a big deal. Qualifications are one thing, the actual tournament is something else. When the Lakers can pull Bryant out and the Cavs can pull LeBron out then the Spurs can have the balls to pull Manu out...

roycrikside
01-30-2008, 04:42 AM
:guin

Parker is a huge part of what this team does. It sounds like an excuse but it's the truth. Add in some missed games by Duncan and Ginobili and it's not shocking that the Spurs are sucking. Not only does Parker create easy points himself off layups, he's the guy who is the best on the team at breaking down defenses and creating open shots for three-point shooters. When Parker got hurt, not only do the Spurs miss out on his points, they miss out on all the easy three-pointers he creates.

A bad part about being such a well oiled machine is that if a cog gets damaged, the whole machine is going to feel the impact. Parker has sucked for the last six plus weeks. As a result, the Spurs' machine as sucked.

Ahh, that felt good.

:smokin

I don't know what game you were watching today. Manu could've had like 18 assists if guys hit wide open shots. The ball movement was there. The Spurs constantly had way more open, high quality looks than the Sonics. But Bowen, Udoka, Finley, Vaughn, Bonner, they all missed shots that are no more contested than shooting by yourself at the gym.

timvp
01-30-2008, 04:49 AM
I don't know what game you were watching today. Manu could've had like 18 assists if guys hit wide open shots. The ball movement was there. The Spurs constantly had way more open, high quality looks than the Sonics. But Bowen, Udoka, Finley, Vaughn, Bonner, they all missed shots that are no more contested than shooting by yourself at the gym.What does this have to do what what you quoted? If you are arguing my point that Parker is key in getting the Spurs open three-point shots, I suggest you look at the Spurs' three-point percentage before Parker started sucking and after he starting sucking. There has been like a 7-8% drop.

Parker has more assists on three-pointers than next three best players on the team combined. You can believe that the Spurs just miss open threes when Parker isn't around or you can take a closer look.

mountainballer
01-30-2008, 05:36 AM
True.

Spurs shouldn't lose to an below average shooting Sonics team.
(they could lose to any team in the league, if they have a given night when even the crazy shots are falling)
Spurs shouldn't lose any game when Tim and Manu combine for 56 points on 50+% shooting.
Spurs shouldn't lose a clutch game against the team with the probably worst clutch game record in the league.

some claim that the situation isn't different to the same point one year ago. that's wrong.
the situation looks more like the Lakers situation in 2003.
their superstars were still delivering MVP numbers, but the supporting cast was just to bad.
that's what we also see. you can't blame guy's over 35 that their games is regressing.
and you can't blame guys like Elson and Bonner, that they don't compensate for it. they are 3rd string talents. any team needs them, as long as they are not expected to be part of the regular rotation, or even starters.

spurscenter
01-30-2008, 05:46 AM
When Fin Dawg drives and dunks ala Manu

then the spurs are back.

:)

Kibic
01-30-2008, 06:58 AM
What was Pop's insurance in case TP is injured?

MmP
01-30-2008, 07:10 AM
Agree with Kori, Finley got stucked in the easiest posible screen in the NBA. It was like he wasn't even paying attention. Pop must had gone nuts with that.

Ghost Writer
01-30-2008, 08:41 AM
I blame the front office for piling even more bricks on the same tired old mule.

No team with Tim Duncan should ever lose to the 2007-08 Sonics under any circumstances.

urunobili
01-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Oberto's missed layup was VERY costy... i can;t believe we have lost like 5 games because of giving last shots or clutch one's to Bonner (like 3) and Oberto now... can;t Pop just draw a play For Tim or Manu or Tony? damn

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 09:00 AM
if we missed the playoffs?

fire pop ASAP

The III
01-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Kori ,I think that you hit it on the head.

George Gervin's Afro
01-30-2008, 09:34 AM
We have a mediocre team.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2008, 10:25 AM
if we missed the playoffs

are we worst defending champions than the one hit wonder miami heat team that won teh championship in 05/06

cause its highly likely

BonnerDynasty
01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
It's only January?

ploto
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Not going to happen in an Olympic year.

Mr. Body
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
if we missed the playoffs

are we worst defending champions than the one hit wonder miami heat team that won teh championship in 05/06

cause its highly likely

No. The West is just stacked. And we're farking old.

hater
01-30-2008, 10:33 AM
fuck it, trade everyone but Duncan and Manu

ploto
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM
some claim that the situation isn't different to the same point one year ago. that's wrong.

the situation looks more like the Lakers situation in 2003.

their superstars were still delivering MVP numbers, but the supporting cast was just to bad.

that's what we also see. you can't blame guy's over 35 that their games is regressing.

and you can't blame guys like Elson and Bonner, that they don't compensate for it. they are 3rd string talents. any team needs them, as long as they are not expected to be part of the regular rotation, or even starters.
That's whom I have been comparing them to, as well.

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 10:38 AM

Believe.

Of course, I am in a better position to feel positive than the rest of you were since I had the benefit of a good early night's sleep and missing the disappointing fourth quarter.

I will say though that I was surprised and disappointed to wake up to a loss.

Oh well, next!

Indazone
01-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Just sign Billy Spanoulis!! Just in time to make a big push for the playoffs. No Parker, no problem. Just put in the Greek Steve Nash. ;)

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks to Angel quoting Timvp I have Apollo Creed singing "We've Only Just Begun" in Billy Madison stuck in my head. Despite Carl Weathers lovely singing voice this may be worse than having to deal with the latest Spurs blunder. But I'm keeping the faith.

l
l
l
\/

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 10:54 AM
That arrow seems really random at first if you have sigs turned off.

RonMexico
01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm kind of disappointed Parker is hurt: (1) he's on my fantasy team and (2) I'd like to see how the Suns play facing a healthy Spurs unit.

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 11:06 AM
(2) I'd like to see how the Suns play facing a healthy Spurs unit.

I take what I said back. I forgot Ron Mexico was a Suns fan.

I hadn't meant to talk smack.

MoSpur
01-30-2008, 11:13 AM
The Spurs can actually win tomorrow night. They're gonna have to be on their game though.

George Gervin's Afro
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM

Of course, I am in a better position to feel positive than the rest of you were since I had the benefit of a good early night's sleep and missing the disappointing fourth quarter.

I will say though that I was surprised and disappointed to wake up to a loss.

Oh well, next!

Lucky you..

Que Gee
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Again, if this injury never happened, there's no way in hell I'm trading Barry with the season he had.

But who else are you going to trade? If the Spurs are going to get help, and from what I have heard Stoudemire is coming...Barry is the only one who is going to be able to get you "something" in return. There aren't a lot of teams out there who want to help the Spurs. So you are going to have to find a team who is willing to give up someone who helps the Spurs, in order receive someone who can help them for the stretch run. If you look at the Spurs roster....the only person I would even be remotely interested that is tradeable (EXPIRING CONTRACT PEOPLE!!!) is Barry.

ploto
01-30-2008, 02:38 PM
But who else are you going to trade? If the Spurs are going to get help, and from what I have heard Stoudemire is coming...Barry is the only one who is going to be able to get you "something" in return. There aren't a lot of teams out there who want to help the Spurs. So you are going to have to find a team who is willing to give up someone who helps the Spurs, in order receive someone who can help them for the stretch run. If you look at the Spurs roster....the only person I would even be remotely interested that is tradeable (EXPIRING CONTRACT PEOPLE!!!) is Barry.
Spurs fans don't want to trade the guy who is playing well, and they expect other teams to take the guys who are sucking. :dizzy

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
If you look at the Spurs roster....the only person I would even be remotely interested that is tradeable (EXPIRING CONTRACT PEOPLE!!!) is Barry.Barry is not the only player with an expiring contract, and the contract is often more important than the player in these situations.

Que Gee
01-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Barry is not the only player with an expiring contract, and the contract is often more important than the player in these situations.

Your right, BUT, he is the only one who has an expiring contract that can actually help a team down the stretch run. Like I said, if someone is going to "help" the Spurs and get them someone they need, more than likely its going to be a team who themselves are fighting for a spot and need someone that can also help them. Who has an expiring contract on the Spurs that would actually be useful to a team down the stretch?

nkdlunch
01-30-2008, 03:35 PM
(2) I'd like to see how the Suns play facing a healthy Spurs unit.

you might be able to find the SPurs 2007 championship DVD in Ebay

Rummpd
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Take two Ativan and call me in the AM! Seriously losing to Seattle - priceless if it motivates team to thump Suns!

Indazone
01-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Honestly, without Parker and the way the Spurs have been playing lately, do you really think they can beat the Suns?

nkdlunch
01-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Honestly, without Parker and the way the Spurs have been playing lately, do you really think they can beat the Suns?

the Suns have lost to the Heat

Cherry
01-30-2008, 03:49 PM
the Suns have lost to the Heat

crazy :dizzy

lefty
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Suns lost to Heat ?

Is that supposed to make me feel better after Spurs lost to Sonics ?

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I have to say that I've found a place of substantial calm after reading so much of the extremist posting that has been offered here in the last 24 hours.

phxspurfan
01-30-2008, 05:55 PM
OJ Mayo!

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 02:48 AM
you might be able to find the SPurs 2007 championship DVD in Ebay

How the 2008 Suns play then...