PDA

View Full Version : Believe!

SequSpur
01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
:fishing

Budkin
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Someone should just make our fishing picture right now.

G-Nob
01-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Forget fishin!
I want that lottery ball!

dbreiden83080
01-30-2008, 02:00 AM

You should be banned from ever starting threads.

freemeat
01-30-2008, 02:10 AM
I am totally with you on this one, Sequ...

Fans that constantly rant "believe" are in denial. Their teams are never better than the 7th or 8th seed.

Right now? The Spurs would be lucky to get either of those with the way the West is stacked...

I love this team, but they have serious problems.

dbreiden83080
01-30-2008, 02:14 AM

Fans that constantly rant "believe" are in denial. Their teams are never better than the 7th or 8th seed.

Right now? The Spurs would be lucky to get either of those with the way the West is stacked...

You are with him on what exactly?? He didn't say anything at all. No worthy Spurs fan gives up on this team with all the success they have had over the years in Jan, if he has given up, he is not a real Spurs fan.

hsxvvd
01-30-2008, 02:22 AM
http://www.mrym.org/images/letc_cover.jpeg

freemeat
01-30-2008, 02:36 AM
You are with him on what exactly?? He didn't say anything at all. No worthy Spurs fan gives up on this team with all the success they have had over the years in Jan, if he has given up, he is not a real Spurs fan.

It seems to me that Sequ is making a comment on all the ridiculous "believe" crap that has been going on here recently (the comment being that it is retarded). It is apparent to me that he is saying the Spurs may be "fishing" come playoff time...

The fact is this: they are now in 6th place in the West and are just 2 games ahead of the 8th place Nuggets and 3.5 games ahead of the 10th place Rockets. With the next SEVEN games on the road, it really does not look good when they lose to the Sonics (and if that isnt enough, their record over the last 25 is borderline Clipper Nation).

Now Parker is out "indefinitely" and Barry for at least 3 more weeks (and who knows what he will be like when he comes back).

Am I wrong in saying that this is the absolute worst the Spurs have played in the Duncan era?

I am a fan. I always have been and always will be.

This team has serious issues and a Rodeo Road Trip is not going to solve any of it this season.

I am not jumping off this bandwagon yet, but it is on fire and the tires are flat.

vander
01-30-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm kind of with sequ too, what good does sitting around believing all day do? that's no fun, I prefer to play back seat driver, prognosticate about what should be done or should have been done.

I didn't want to resign Bowen, trade Scola or Udrih.

but since that's all done, we should trade for a legit backup PG, bench Bowen for Udoka, dump Horry and Elson, and give more PT to Bonner.

dbreiden83080
01-30-2008, 02:49 AM
It seems to me that Sequ is making a comment on all the ridiculous "believe" crap that has been going on here recently (the comment being that it is retarded). It is apparent to me that he is saying the Spurs may be "fishing" come playoff time...

The fact is this: they are now in 6th place in the West and are just 2 games ahead of the 8th place Nuggets and 3.5 games ahead of the 10th place Rockets. With the next SEVEN games on the road, it really does not look good when they lose to the Sonics (and if that isnt enough, their record over the last 25 is borderline Clipper Nation).

Now Parker is out "indefinitely" and Barry for at least 3 more weeks (and who knows what he will be like when he comes back).

Am I wrong in saying that this is the absolute worst the Spurs have played in the Duncan era?

I am a fan. I always have been and always will be.

This team has serious issues and a Rodeo Road Trip is not going to solve any of it this season.

I am not jumping off this bandwagon yet, but it is on fire and the tires are flat.

We heard all this last year when they were slumping, they are too old, they are NOT athletic, washed up and finished, how did it turn out in the end??? I'm NOT saying you, but it annoys me that so called Spurs fans are writing them off right now. This is the team guys. We are not making any blockbuster deals to bolster the squad, for the most part we are going to war with the guys we have. Either get on board and support them 100%, or get the hell off, it's that simple.

freemeat
01-30-2008, 03:23 AM
We heard all this last year when they were slumping, they are too old, they are NOT athletic, washed up and finished, how did it turn out in the end???

Last season (after 46 games), the Spurs were 32-14 after the first game of the road trip. They finished the trip going 3-4. They were in a slump, yes, I agree. There is a difference, though, between this season and last (and years prior). They are now 28-16. While not too far off the mark a year ago, most everyone here knows there is a difference. The fact that shots fail to fall from time to time will always affect the outcome of a game. If they made two more baskets tonight than they missed, they probably would have won. The problem is that they are missing normal rotations that are normally made and they are getting slower. Injuries have been a huge factor so far, but in years past, come road trip time, Pop has had an opportunity to get the team to gel and figure out the rotation he uses for the remainder of the season. This year is quite different. While injuries may be partly to blame, the fact remains that he has uses at least a half-dozen starting line-ups through the first half of the season (anyone have an accurate number on that?).

I think they still have plenty of time to "pull it together" but the fact is they HAVE to do it sooner than later. I can definitely see this team playing the same way they started the season, but with the West deeper than ever, they do NOT have that opportunity. These regular season games actually mean something now, when there are only a handful of games separating the first and tenth place teams.

Anyone who denies that regular season games do not really matter, needs to look at the standings.

This is the team guys. We are not making any blockbuster deals to bolster the squad, for the most part we are going to war with the guys we have.

DUH. And I have no problem with the current team. They all (with Udoka being the exception) have championship experience.

I'm NOT saying you, but it annoys me that so called Spurs fans are writing them off right now.

Either get on board and support them 100%, or get the hell off, it's that simple.

These two comments I have a problem with.

A fan-team relationship is something that is completely left up to the fan. If someone wants to follow a team when they are winning and tune them out when they are losing, that is their own decision. Every fan has a right to criticize and be an "arm-chair" quarterback if they so desire. Every fan has the right to wear pink jerseys to games and cheer because they think a player is "hot" and so on...

On the other hand, you have no right to criticize how another person feels about the team they like to follow. If Sequ has issues with the team, whether warranted or not, it is completely his protocol. If he wants to dance naked in the streets after a victory and proclaim to be the biggest fan or start smashing dishes and cursing the team after a loss, he has that right. His relationship with his team is completely up to him. As is my relationship with my team...and as is your relationship with your team.

hater
01-30-2008, 09:34 AM
let's tank!

urunobili
01-30-2008, 10:23 AM
let's tank!
what do you mean by tank? :oops

mexicanjunior
01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
what do you mean by tank? :oops

He means bench Parker, Ginoboli and Duncan with some "injuries" and work our way into a nice lottery pick. It worked in '96, it can work again...

Indazone
01-30-2008, 11:00 AM
tank? you mean you want OJ Mayo?

SAGambler
01-30-2008, 11:08 AM
We heard all this last year when they were slumping, they are too old, they are NOT athletic, washed up and finished, how did it turn out in the end??? I'm NOT saying you, but it annoys me that so called Spurs fans are writing them off right now. This is the team guys. We are not making any blockbuster deals to bolster the squad, for the most part we are going to war with the guys we have. Either get on board and support them 100%, or get the hell off, it's that simple.

If you can't see the difference between last year and this year, you are simply in denial. We have a point guard who probably hasn't been healthy the entire season. And what we have for a backup is as useless as the tits on a boar hog.

Horry looks pretty much "done for". He keeps getting minutes, and continues to brick shots and only in few second flashes does he show much of the defense.

If you think Duncan and Ginoboli can put up 90 a night between them, you need to check into one of the mental institutions. And that is about what it would take since no one else on the team right now seems capable of putting up more than 4 a game on a consistent basis.

The rotation is crap right now. Half the time, I'm not sure Pop even knows who he has in the game.

Now the Spurs will always be my team. Win, lose or draw. But sometimes taking it on faith that the will pull through, instead of facing reality and looking at real world facts, is just insane. Sitting here on a forum, screaming "I believe" and "If you don't GTFO" isn't going to lift the team out of the doldrums they are in right now.

The West has gotten better. Not some better....But much, much better. You won't fall back this time, and then sit around and wait for a 8 game win streak to put you back on top. There are too many vying for that "top".

In the real world, you should be able to comprehend that the Spurs have a small window of time to right the ship, or they are going to be on the outside looking in, come playoff time. No more of this "Games in January don't mean shit"...What next.. "Games in Feb don't mean shit either"..."only April and May matter"....Well, first you have to still be playing in late April and May.. And if you don't win enough of those meaningless REGULAR SEASON games, you will be fishing.

LEONARD
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
I <3 St

slayermin
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
If the Spurs are the basketball equivalent of the Titanic, I'm going down with the ship.

But I still believe.

dbreiden83080
01-30-2008, 01:57 PM
A fan-team relationship is something that is completely left up to the fan. If someone wants to follow a team when they are winning and tune them out when they are losing, that is their own decision.

You just described the very definition of a Frontrunner. Those kind of fans are complete phonies as they have no loyalty to anyone unless they are on top. They want to bask in the good times and head for the hills during the bad times, i have no respect at all for so called "Fans" like that.

On the other hand, you have no right to criticize how another person feels about the team they like to follow. If Sequ has issues with the team, whether warranted or not, it is completely his protocol.

So he has a right to criticize the team but i have no right respond to those opinions, that is some backwards ass logic on your part there. This is a forum, if he does not want any kind of feedback on his views then don't post them. I just am baffled as to how so many Spurs fans can be feeling this BAD about the team. They have come out tough spots countless times, sometime they have won it all, sometimes they have not but they should have earned more than enough faith from their fans by now, given all their success to not have so many trashing them left and right and bailing on the season. That is what i see right now, panic and disgust as opposed to support and to me, that is not what being a true fan is all about, maybe that's just me.

Rummpd
01-30-2008, 02:09 PM
No Friggin Worries!

SAGambler
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I just am baffled as to how so many Spurs fans can be feeling this BAD about the team. They have come out tough spots countless times, sometime they have won it all, sometimes they have not but they should have earned more than enough faith from their fans by now, given all their success to not have so many trashing them left and right and bailing on the season. That is what i see right now, panic and disgust as opposed to support and to me, that is not what being a true fan is all about, maybe that's just me.

I don't really see many trashing the players or even "bailing on the season". On the other hand, I do see some facing the reality, that because the entire West has improved, and the rate the Spurs are collecting losses right now, there is a distinct possibility that the Spurs may be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

Tony is already sitting. Same with Barry. What happens if Duncan or Manu goes down at the same time? Certainly injuries, which cause crazy rotations night in and night out, are a huge culprit in this current slide. Do you really think fans have "given up on them"? Not supporting them? I haven't heard anyone booing this team.

Spurs fans are so damn spoiled to this team getting to the playoffs and making it look like a cakewalk for so long, they can't believe it could come to an end this year, so they continue with the "excuses" instead of facing reality. They continue to "believe", when the team appears to not even believe in themselves. Have you ever seen a team with that look that says "If this is tight at the end, we are going to lose"? Well, that is the look we are getting from the Spurs near the end of games.

They started out with confidence and played like crazy. Then Tony has to sit, Manu hurts the finger on his shooting hand, and Duncan is relegated to street clothes for a few games. Their confidence starts to wane. And they haven't recovered from it yet.

Is there still time? Sure there is. Even is they get to the playoffs as the eighth seed, as long as everyone is totally healthy, there is a good chance they could still walk through the playoffs. But that's because of the experience they have. Plus the fact that a healthy Spurs team is just damn hard to beat in a 7 game series. They are the best at making adjustments.

But the immediate problem is to win enough games to get into the playoffs. Which means they need to probably win at least 20 of their remaining games.

If we lose another of the Big 3 to an injury, winning those 20 games is no given. So, given that the entire team is 100% in mid April, it's off little consequece if we aren't playing then.

lefty
01-30-2008, 04:00 PM

If you agree with Sequ, you're the one having a serious problem :dizzy

The_Worlds_finest
01-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Fuck you fair weather Fans, you dont know shit about basketball-Spurs-Pop and most of all DEFENDING A TITLE....eat shit, get off the board.. :toast

crc21209
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I dont see why everyone is shitting their pants so much, yea it fucking sucks they lost to Seattle....but we only have 16 losses! Dallas and Phoenix 13 losses. Lakers 15 losses. Everybody is neck and neck. There is still a half a season to play!

lefty
01-30-2008, 04:21 PM
I dont see why everyone is shitting their pants so much, yea it fucking sucks they lost to Seattle....but we only have 16 losses! Dallas and Phoenix 13 losses. Lakers 15 losses. Everybody is neck and neck. There is still a half a season to play!

I agree

TampaDude
01-30-2008, 04:55 PM

WERD...the real season starts after the ASG... :toast

Cherry
01-31-2008, 10:18 AM

Ahh yeah? :devil

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9785/sequ2zsddsq6.gif

MaNu4Tres
01-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Chu got to have heart.

Avitus1
02-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Still Believing!