PDA

View Full Version : Huge mistake to let go of Beno?

hater
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Is it apparent that it was a big dumb mistake by Spurs FO to let go of Beno?

Having Vaughn as our 2nd PG, who is really nothing to write home about. Letting him go without putting something in his place was a grave mistake that might cost us the playoffs

Indazone
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Sign Vspan!!!

bdictjames
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't call it huge.. but he certainly could have helped us this time of year.

hater
01-30-2008, 11:20 AM
I would call it huge because of the fact that we did not replace him with anything. what a huge risk. knowing that barry has history of injury, Parker was so out of shape, Vaughn is not even a true 2nd pg...

it's like going to war without the right intelligence!

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Beno wasn't doing well here.

I was so sad to see him go, but I don't think that Beno's being here would fix this team.

This Spurs team needs to rally as is, and work off the assumption that this is all we are going to have as a squad come play offs.

Spurs need to make it work.

SenorSpur
01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
I would call it huge because of the fact that we did not replace him with anything. what a huge risk. knowing that barry has history of injury, Parker was so out of shape, Vaughn is not even a true 2nd pg...

My thoughts exactly. I understood the move at the time, because I assumed the FO was high on developing Darius Washington. Since they've cut D-Wash, it now looks as though jettisoning Beno was flawed decision because they surely could've gotten some productivity out of him - especially now that TP is down and out.

However it was clear that wasn't going to happen here because Pop had soured on him and Beno wasn't doing the necessary things to ingratiate himself into the Spurs culture.

If nothing else, they should've held onto Beno at least until the trade deadline They may have been able to procure more for him.

spurscenter
01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
So Happy for Beno in sacramento

beno would of not saved the spurs right now. however, spurs dont need saving, they are ok, guys, come april we will be back atop.

dont panic!

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
I think letting D.W. go was a big mistake.

MoSpur
01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
It looks dumb now because of the injury to Parker, but hindsight is always 20/20

Slohoop
01-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Yes, we see how Beno sucks:) Beno------------------------------------------->Vaughn

DazedAndConfused
01-30-2008, 11:38 AM
It was a huge mistake to let Scola go, he and Manu would be tearing shit up off the bench together.

Hemotivo
01-30-2008, 11:38 AM
NO! Beno Sucks!

SenorSpur
01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
The Spurs started the year off with 4 PGs. They cut two of them. They are now down to 2 and the primary PG is out indefinitely. What's wrong with that picture? Do the math.

urunobili
01-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I think letting D.W. go was a big mistake.:tu

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 12:09 PM
It was a huge mistake to let Scola go, he and Manu would be tearing shit up off the bench together.

I read of an article. It was said there that there was this rule that one team could only keep two players of the same nationality (aside from americans of course). I don't know whether this is true, but It was also said that, it was the reason why, Scola has to be traded away.

Remember that the spurs already have 2 argentinian in their team (ginobili and oberto). Having scola would be the third and would violate this rule. I haven't seen this rule, but the article discussed it.

If it's true, then, the spurs was left no choice but to deal him. Mistake or not, It's no longer within the control of the spurs.

Slohoop
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I read of an article. It was said there that there was this rule that one team could only keep two players of the same nationality (aside from americans of course). I don't know whether this is true, but It was also said that, it was the reason why, Scola has to be traded away.

Remember that the spurs already have 2 argentinian in their team (ginobili and oberto). Having scola would be the third and would violate this rule. I haven't seen this rule, but the article discussed it.

If it's true, then, the spurs was left no choice but to deal him. Mistake or not, It's no longer within the control of the spurs.

:lol :lol :lol

I hope you are not serious! :lol :lol

hater
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM
That's BS. Rasho and Beno are both from Slovenia

spurscenter
01-30-2008, 12:18 PM
it was ludden and he was joking about the 2 players thing, it was a joke in his powerless rankings.

so funny how its taken as serious information. LOL

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 12:19 PM
That's BS. Rasho and Beno are both from Slovenia

He said a team could have two, just not three.

If the NBA ever did make such a ridiculous rule they should at least name it the Sequ clause. :lol

freemeat
01-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Sounds like a violation of federal laws to me...

Remember that these guys are employees working for a private corporation.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 12:22 PM
He said a team could have two, just not three.

If the NBA ever did make such a ridiculous rule they should at least name it the Sequ clause. :lol

there's a man who can read... I thought I was the one losing it...

loveforthegame
01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Beno wouldn't help us right now anyway. He'd still be a backup to Vaughn. Hell, Pop would probably play Ginobli at point before giving minutes to Beno.

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds like a violation of federal laws to me...

Remember that these guys are employees working for a private corporation.

If anything, I propose the NBA require each team to have at least four foreigners on their squad every season and to make sure that at least two of the four are single. :)

And I promise, I am through hijacking this thread.

Carry on.

spurscenter
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
here is the powerless rankings, BTW

Rest of West chasing Hornets
By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports
January 29, 2008

Johnny Ludden
Yahoo! Sports

Chris Paul figures to get his first All-Star nod Thursday, but until then he'll have to settle for sitting atop the latest Powerless Rankings. A nine-game winning streak, which included Saturday's road rout of the San Antonio Spurs, also left Paul and the rest of the New Orleans Hornets staring down at the rest of the Western Conference.

The Los Angeles Lakers continued to drop without Andrew Bynum, the Boston Celtics didn't look much better with Kevin Garnett last week than they did without him and neither the Dallas Mavericks nor the Phoenix Suns have played as well as the Hornets have of late.

The Miami Heat, meanwhile, broke through with their first victory in 16 games, good enough to make the Seattle SuperSonics our new Lottery Leader.

As usual, rankings are judged on games from Tuesday through Monday. Previous standing for each team follows current ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT
PARADE PLANNERS

New Orleans 1. (2) New Orleans Hornets – Anyone else hoping for a Byron Scott-Baron Davis reunion at the All-Star Game?

Dallas 2. (5) Dallas Mavericks – Devin Harris went down with an ankle sprain and Earl Boykins immediately surfaced as a possible replacement. When was the last time Avery Johnson had someone to post up in practice?

Boston 3. (1) Boston Celtics – Did Kevin Garnett suffer his abdominal strain during the Minnesota game? Or later when he was running around the court, popping his jersey and screaming about having beaten a seven-win team?

Phoenix 4. (3) Phoenix Suns – This week Suns fans get their first chance to greet Robert Horry since his hip check on Steve Nash. The only person possibly more despised among Phoenix faithful: NBA commissioner David Stern.

Detroit 5. (6) Detroit Pistons – After Tuesday's game in Indy, the Pistons head into the All-Star break with six of seven at home. With a 15-4 record at the Palace, Detroit could make up some ground on Boston.

Cleveland 6. (11) Cleveland Cavaliers – Cavaliers finally on a roll only to lose Sasha Pavlovic and Anderson Varejao. The no-Pavlovic-no-Varejao combination didn't work so well at the season's start.

STILL DREAMING

Utah 7. (12) Utah Jazz – Early vote for unlikeliest headline goes to the Salt Lake Tribune's "Kirilenko emerges as offensive force."

San Antonio 8. (7) San Antonio Spurs – Presenting your clubhouse leader for "Least Timely Ejection of the Season:" Ime Udoka.

L.A. Lakers 9. (4) Los Angeles Lakers – Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum go from "(bleeping) ship his ass out" to can't-live-without-him in less than a year. Who says it's hard to find a good relationship counselor in Hollywood these days?

Golden State 10. (9) Golden State Warriors – Also good to see Chris Webber and Don Nelson kiss and make up – yet another example of how money can, indeed, buy happiness.

Portland 11. (8) Portland Trail Blazers – Longtime Oregonian beat writer Jason Quick just did an entertaining story and five-part blog series on the Trail Blazers' improved chemistry. This is believed to be the first time in franchise history that a story containing "Trail Blazers" and "chemistry" didn't include a single legal term.

Orlando 12. (13) Orlando Magic – Did someone forget to pass along the memo that explained how Hedo Turkoglu's job description went from "role player" to "Dr. Clutch?"

Denver 13. (10) Denver Nuggets – Was that Marcus Camby's All-Star credentials that Tyson Chandler swatted away Monday?

Houston 14. (15) Houston Rockets – Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks becoming productive rotation members. Mike James and Steve Francis? Not so much.

Toronto 15. (16) Toronto Raptors – Raptors have won seven of past nine games, including one over Celtics, which means Sam Mitchell has now gone 15 full minutes without questioning someone's toughness.

Washington 16. (14) Washington Wizards – Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison will find out their All-Star status Thursday, but is it too early to suggest Eddie Jordan will be picking up a few Coach of the Year votes by season's end?

Sacramento 17. (17) Sacramento Kings – Ron Artest was ejected Friday in Utah, prompting the Sacramento Bee's Sam Amick to write, "It was the latest in a fiery week for Artest, who has taken to stoking opposing crowds …" "Stoking opposing crowds," as most remember, hasn't worked all that well for Artest in the past.

Atlanta 18. (21) Atlanta Hawks – Isn't it about that time of year when Hawks GM Billy Knight tries to explain why he passed over Chris Paul and Deron Williams?

GET THOSE TEE TIMES READY

Milwaukee 19. (25) Milwaukee Bucks – Bucks went 2-2 last week. In Eastern Conference that qualifies as a playoff push.

Philadelphia 20. (23) Philadelphia 76ers – This from Andre Iguodala after victory over Charlotte: "I think it's good for us to win, period." Nice to get that cleared up.

Charlotte 21. (19) Charlotte Bobcats – Coach Sam Vincent after loss to Philadelphia: "I stand over there and scream and yell the whole time, motivate guys to play. I need to see that from the guys on the floor. The coaching staff cares an awful lot about winning, but the guys on the floor have to care about winning more than the coaching staff. We need that fire, we need that passion from the players. We need them to really want to win." Just a guess, but it sounds like all that screaming and yelling Vincent claims to be doing may not be all that motivating.

Indiana 22. (18) Indiana Pacers – Pacers center David Harrison wasn't too happy about his recent suspension for testing positive three times for marijuana. "I don't understand how they have a right to look into our lives on any level besides performance-enhancing drugs," Harrison told The Indianapolis Star. "It's not a rule made by government and it's not a rule made by God; it's made by an organization (the NBA). I guess they feel it will benefit that organization." This falls under the category of "Making The Least Of Your Contract Year."

Minnesota 23. (28) Minnesota Timberwolves – As if Al Jefferson's recent 39-and-15 and 40-and-19 performances weren't reason enough to love him, the Wolves' talented young forward apparently is just as sharp with his wit. According to the Pioneer Press, Kevin Garnett made a point of reminding Jefferson of his many All-Star selections by shouting "Eleven years! Eleven years!" during their encounter last week. Jefferson's response? "I told him we both have one thing in common – no championships. He didn't like that too much."

New York 24. (26) New York Knicks – Isiah Thomas continues to insist he likes his team. Well, that makes one person.

SECAUCUS SIX

New Jersey 25. (20) New Jersey Nets – So Jason Kidd wants to be traded to Dallas. Nets president Rod Thorn has vowed to only do deal if he gets back talented young players, draft picks, expiring contracts and Toni Braxton.

Chicago 26. (24) Chicago Bulls – Bulls struggling with Luol Deng and Ben Gordon sidelined, which isn't much different than what they were doing with both players on the floor.

Memphis 27. (22) Memphis Grizzlies – Rudy Gay is soliciting online suggestions to aid him in the dunk contest. Finding someone who can teach the Grizzlies to defend? Apparently not even cyberspace can help with that venture.

L.A. Clippers 28. (27) Los Angeles Clippers – Sign No. 17 your season isn't going so well: The word "embattled" begins appearing in front of your coach's name in newspaper stories.

Miami 29. (30) Miami Heat – Dorell Wright, after Heat ended 15-game losing streak Saturday: "To tell you the truth, it feels like we won a championship." No word yet on a parade date.

Seattle 30. (29) Seattle SuperSonics– Is it too early for Derrick Rose to begin house hunting in Oklahoma City?

Johnny Ludden covers the NBA for Yahoo! Sports Send Johnny a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

nkdlunch
01-30-2008, 12:26 PM
8????

that's BS, I would put us at #17 in Power Rankings slightly above the sacto queens

SAGambler
01-30-2008, 12:29 PM
It looks dumb now because of the injury to Parker, but hindsight is always 20/20

I would almost agree with that. Almost. Truth is it isn't hindsight. Tony wasn't 100% the day the season started and Spurs knew it. They thought he would heal if given limited minutes, but that didn's work.

And even if Beno was in the doghouse, surely Pop could see that there very well could come a time when he would need him. If he was set on trading him, or getting rid of him at any cost, then he surely could have seen how dangerous it is not to pick up another PG. He had to know Vaughn was never going to score much, and surely he could see in practice that there was no way he could call on Vaughn to run the club for close to 40 minutes a night. Even if he considered he had Barry to run the point, he also had to consider that Barry could be out at the same time as Tony.

I suppose he thought, well, Manu can run it if he has too. The problem with this is Manu is collapsed on, and even if he can get the ball to someone else, chances are they aren't making the shot.

All in all, cutting loose of Beno early in the season was not a very intelligent decision.

rascal
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM

You really believe they went to war without the right intelligence?

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 12:33 PM
If anything, I propose the NBA require each team to have at least four foreigners on their squad every season and to make sure that at least two of the four are single. :)

I'm not an expert on laws. But the last time I checked, citizens of this country still has more rights over aliens. So having that rule is reasonable. The league officials still has an obligation to keep the league american.

If you require that, we might as well bring the team argentina and china and the rest of the world in the NBA and leave americans jobless or playing abroad.

nkdlunch
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Mistakes are becoming evident for Spurs FO this season:
1) Letting go of Beno knowing Parker was out of shape and Vaughn could not seriusly play 30+ minutes
2) Letting go of DWash
3) Not picking up ANY backup PG = plain irresponsible!
4) Letting go of Scola for nothing
5) Not treating Tony's injury seriously in December

nkdlunch
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm not an expert on laws. But the last time I checked, citizens of this country still has more rights over aliens. So having that rule is reasonable. The league officials still has an obligation to keep the league american.

If you require that, we might as well bring the team argentina and china and the rest of the world in the NBA and leave americans jobless or playing abroad.

U gotta be kiddin me

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
U gotta be kiddin me

yeah...I'm kidding

timmy21_4rings
01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I think letting D.W. go was a big mistake.

i think this is the huge mistake.. Even if Beno is here, I am not sure if he is going to play..

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
obviously it was

peskypesky
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I never thought Beno deserved the scorn and abuse that was aimed at him. His numbers for the Kings prove he's not as worthless as Pop and a lot of fans thought he was. Guess Beno gets the last laugh.....

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Even if he's an All-Star in Sacramento, that doesn't mean Beno would be good in San Antonio.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Beno was just on the wrong team in the wrong time. He had all the potentials, but this cannot overcome what Tony parker has to offer. Plus, he's not giving what Pop is asking of him (which is defense). The result - vaughn, booted him out of the rotation.

It's good that he has finally found a niche with Sacramento. I hope he becomes an all star. And they lose against the spurs.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Beno was horrible here. No other way to spin it.

Supreme_Being
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Beano, no matter how good he is won't be great in the Spur's system.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Beano, no matter how good he is won't be great in the Spur's system.

Sure thing. I think Pop notice this too. Beno can't thrive in a defensive minded team as the spurs. But you must admit, he could score.

diego
01-30-2008, 02:09 PM
the only mistake was not picking up another 3rd string pg after letting go of washington.

beno had already asked out, keeping him wouldnt have solved anything.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:15 PM
the only mistake was not picking up another 3rd string pg after letting go of washington.Since Langford isn't ready for prime time, I think the Spurs may have been waiting for Stoudamire all along.

ploto
01-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Beno was not a cancer and did not cause any kind of problems for the Spurs. Truth is- he seemed at times kind of like the kid brother who tags along. While some people may not have liked him or thought he was useless most of the time, Beno was a very good option as a third point guard. If indeed someone got hurt, and we knew Tony was not 100%, he was not a bad guy to have aorund and use for emergency purposes. He at least had the potential to be a temporary starter if TP got hurt while Vaughn clearly never did. If they were not all that high on Washington- and his prompt cutting seems to show that- then it really did not make all that much sense for the Spurs to let him go when they did. Contrary to what people here wanted to think, Beno was in better shape when training camp started and it was a contract year. I think they could have gotten more out of Beno that they have out of the merry-go-round of D-leaguers that have paraded through town the past couple of months.

ducks
01-30-2008, 02:25 PM
beno was a cancer because he said things outside of usa that was not right and caused cancer
if tp was healthy his stupid name would not be mentioned

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Beno deserved to be run out of town. I'm glad he's doing well.

Somewhere else.

whottt
01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Let's wait and see how he does as the back up in Sac...

As we've all seen, the less Beno plays, the less Beno cares.

Spurs Brazil
01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Beno SUCKS

ploto
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Let's wait and see how he does as the back up in Sac...

As we've all seen, the less Beno plays, the less Beno cares.
7.75 PPG and 45% FG-- which is the same FG% he has shot as a starter and is actually a higher scoring rate of points per minute of play

whottt
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM
7.75 PPG and 45% FG-- which is the same FG% he has shot as a starter and is actually a higher scoring rate of points per minute of play

I see...

Tell me ploto...do you sincerely believe that's a large enough sample size to
render the final judgement now? Do you really believe that?

If yes...you're wrong.

If no...then why did you just try to do it?

SAGambler
01-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Beno was not a cancer and did not cause any kind of problems for the Spurs. Truth is- he seemed at times kind of like the kid brother who tags along. While some people may not have liked him or thought he was useless most of the time, Beno was a very good option as a third point guard. If indeed someone got hurt, and we knew Tony was not 100%, he was not a bad guy to have aorund and use for emergency purposes. He at least had the potential to be a temporary starter if TP got hurt while Vaughn clearly never did. If they were not all that high on Washington- and his prompt cutting seems to show that- then it really did not make all that much sense for the Spurs to let him go when they did. Contrary to what people here wanted to think, Beno was in better shape when training camp started and it was a contract year. I think they could have gotten more out of Beno that they have out of the merry-go-round of D-leaguers that have paraded through town the past couple of months.

I think what it was is that Pop demanded he play defense. Pop, I think, is so hung up on D, that he doesn't see that along with that D, you need some points. I still say Beno had one of the sweetest shots around.

Now you sit Tony to rest, or even like now he is injured, and you have a point guard that provides absolutely no Offense.

How soon people forget the night we were in Houston, down something like 19 in the 4th, and it was Benos scoring, not his D, that brought us back and won the game. The main problem is, that once in Pops doghouse, always in Pops doghouse. Benos downfall was getting trapped and turning over the ball a couple of times in the Detroit series. But I still think, from a pure point guard standpoint, that Beno fits it better than Tony. It's just that, when healthy, Tony is so much quicker and drives the lane. Not a pass first type.

But it does no good to cry over spilt milk. Tony is injured, Beno is in Sac town, and the Spurs are searching for an answer. Like the man said "it is what it is".

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Wasn't the reason why we still had him up to 2007, because, despite all his mental deficiencies, he was an insurance plan?

It was just bad timing. Letting go of Washington, (prematurely?? too eagerly??) was more of a mistake than trading Beno. Now we're forced to settle on signing another veteran, in old man Stoudamire.

Any Beno remorse is just hindsight's doing.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Upon what are we basing these judgments about Darius?

nkdlunch
01-30-2008, 03:25 PM
we went to the race without a spare tire and now we are scrambling

timvp
01-30-2008, 03:50 PM
7.75 PPG and 45% FG-- which is the same FG% he has shot as a starter and is actually a higher scoring rate of points per minute of play1) On the season, Beno's FG% off the bench is 39%.

2) Most of his minutes off the bench are at shooting guard. He's averaging 1.7 assists in 21 minutes off the bench.

3) The first game in which he went to the bench he was 5-for-5 from the field. Beno was playing well as a starter because starting and playing 35 minutes a night kept him in shape. Now that his minutes are limited, expect his numbers to start to trail off as he gets fatter and fatter.

4) Even as a starter with the Kings, his numbers weren't as good as his first couple seasons in San Antonio. He played more but his per minute numbers were all either the same or lower.

sabar
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
How quickly people forget the numbers Beno put up in the 2006-2007. He shot Nick van Exel-esque percentages in his last season here. No thanks.

porscha
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
NO! Beno Sucks!
JV sucks too :madrun

wildbill2u
01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Actually this was a 'foresight' issue. The FO is always supposed to be thinking ahead about injuries and who they have on hand to replace players.

I don't think the FO or Pop "foresaw' that Beno could come back with important minutes and contribute to a team as he has done-- because of whatever innate bias against him they had.

Everybody in the FO and coaching makes mistakes in the NBA culture. This was probably one. Unfortunately, we may have made a couple this year in Beno and Scola.

ploto
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
On the season, Beno's FG% off the bench is 39%.

Now that his minutes are limited, expect his numbers to start to trail off as he gets fatter and fatter.

Even as a starter with the Kings, his numbers weren't as good as his first couple seasons in San Antonio. He played more but his per minute numbers were all either the same or lower.
The first few games he was coming back from an injury. I am talking about his stats since he went to the bench recently. You can not predict what he will do in the next couple of months.

And I never said they were as good as his rookie year, I said they would do more than fine for the Spurs third point guard option, especially when contrary to the opinion here- Beno did not cause any locker room problems.

cheguevara
01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Anybody > Nobody

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Actually this was a 'foresight' issue. The FO is always supposed to be thinking ahead about injuries and who they have on hand to replace players.The Spurs didn't count on Parker and Barry being injured at the same time. As I said in the other thread, there's a fair chance they had been waiting on Stoudamire all this time or perhaps were just going to wait a bit longer until the audition period for young guys had ended. Injuries can screw up the best laid plans.

Ghost Writer
01-30-2008, 04:56 PM
We should've got something for Beno, no question.

We had to get rid of him, because he was not Spurs material, but ya gotta get at least a pick in return.

rascal
01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Even if he's an All-Star in Sacramento, that doesn't mean Beno would be good in San Antonio.

Beno had the ability to do well in San Antonio but he needed to gain confidence.

Somehow, somewhere he lost confidence or just was not confident while he was with the spurs. He was a good dribbler/ ball handler and had a nice shot so he had the coordination and skills to do well as a pg but basketball is also mental. He just needed to get better with his confidence.

timvp
01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
He was a good dribbler/ ball handler

1ytCEuuW2_A

dallaskd
01-30-2008, 07:23 PM
ahahaha i thought i would never hear a spur fan wishing beno was back. you guys were celebrating when he left.

m33p0
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
20/20 hindsight is always clear. beno sucked as a spur, plain and simple.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
It looks dumb now because of the injury to Parker and Barry, but hindsight is always 20/20

:tu

Beno was becoming a cancer (more disparaging comments to the media)and had to go. At the time DWash looked like a keeper, and who could've guessed the other two points would get serious injuries?