PDA

View Full Version : Should Tony Parker have surgery?

tlongII
01-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Bone spurs don't "just go away." The only long-term solution is for him to go under the knife imo. If he does this now, he "might" be back before the end of the season. What do you think?

ancestron
01-30-2008, 11:25 AM
I think the Spurs are screwed.

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I think Tony needs to take care of his health.
If that means surgery, then that is what he needs to do.

ducks
01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
lets see what the mir does at 2

midgetonadonkey
01-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Tank the season and get into the lottery.

angel_luv
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Tank the season and get into the lottery.

No way!

I just got a raise at the arena. I want the Spurs to go all the way while I collect that pay.

Also, I love parades. :)

Texas_Ranger
01-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes

oligarchy
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Bone spurs don't "just go away." The only long-term solution is for him to go under the knife imo.
Thanks Dr., but I think you need to revisit medical school. I won't be getting my surgical consultation from you.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
If he get's surgery he's done for the year, no reason he can't just rest until the playoffs and get it doen in the off season

timmy21_4rings
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Bone spurs don't "just go away." The only long-term solution is for him to go under the knife imo. If he does this now, he "might" be back before the end of the season. What do you think?

Doctors should decide it.......Not you, not me, not TP and not even Eva...

Indazone
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Eva will be happy. More home time for her man. No more road trips.

MaNu4Tres
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
How long does it take to recover from bone spur surgery? Anyone know?

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
How long does it take to recover from bone spur surgery? Anyone know?

Depends on the severity - some people say 6-8 weeks (at least).

But until the MRI is done, no one knows if he needs surgery. Some bone spurs are treated with a combination of shock therapy/medication/injections.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Bone spurs don't "just go away." The only long-term solution is for him to go under the knife imo. If he does this now, he "might" be back before the end of the season. What do you think?For the last time -- You aren't a doctor, dumbass. And posting the same thing four times doesn't make you a doctor.

Real doctors will determine whether he needs surgery -- not shoe salesmen.

STFU

MarCowMar
01-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm no medical expert, but I've had a bone spur before and they said there were two options: massage and foot exercies, or surgery. I went with the massage and exercises, but it took awhile (sorry I can't remember how long, I was a kid).

sa_butta
01-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Tank the season and get into the lottery.:lol
I was just talking to a co-worker about that today. Great minds think alike.
Look what Duncan did for us, lets do it again.

Rummpd
01-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Leave this to the team medical staff, sincerely yours, P. Rumm MD!

tlongII
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
For the last time -- You aren't a doctor, dumbass. And posting the same thing four times doesn't make you a doctor.

Real doctors will determine whether he needs surgery -- not shoe salesmen.

STFU

Pot meets Kettle...

Putting on 50 pounds after knee surgery?

Madness.

Dude just isn't very smart.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks, Dr. Scholl.

If Oden's doctors recommended he put on 50 pounds after knee surgery, I will defer to them.

tlongII
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks, Dr. Scholl.

If Oden's doctors recommended he put on 50 pounds after knee surgery, I will defer to them.

The fact of the matter is you don't know. Do you Chumpty Dump?

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Did they recommend putting on 50 pounds, Dr. Scholl?
The only long-term solution is for him to go under the knife imo.Did you call him and tell him your expert medical opinon, Dr. Scholl?

Did you offer to do the surgery?

dougp
01-30-2008, 02:46 PM
When I had my bone spur removed last year, they told me to refrain from heavy activity for a month, and heavy lifting for two weeks ... personally, it made me pain free and was worth it. Parker needs to do what's best for him ...

tlongII
01-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Did they recommend putting on 50 pounds, Dr. Scholl?Did you call him and tell him your expert medical opinon, Dr. Scholl?

Did you offer to do the surgery?

He's been working out under the direction of the team's strength and condition as well as medical staff. He's done everything they've told him to do. Any more questions Dump?

ricketts
01-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Bone spurs can be treated in other ways than surgery. unfortunatley having parker play on his foot while recieveing those treatments may have made their effect limited on Null. the more rest the better, and the less likley surgery.

The following is from About.com's sports medicine section, and seems to be pretty relevant.

Patients are treated conservatively by taping the foot, using anti-inflammatory medication, and perhaps cortisone injections. Specific exercises, night splints, and physical therapy are used to try to reduce the inflammation. A custom orthotic can control the abnormal stress and strain on the plantar fascia resulting in reduction of the symptoms. In some instances, conservative therapy fails, and surgery is indicated.

tlongII
01-30-2008, 02:48 PM
When I had my bone spur removed last year, they told me to refrain from heavy activity for a month, and heavy lifting for two weeks ... personally, it made me pain free and was worth it. Parker needs to do what's best for him ...

Where was your bone spur?

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:49 PM
He's been working out under the direction of the team's strength and condition as well as medical staff. He's done everything they've told him to do. Any more questions Dump?Yes, why did you post the same expert medical opinion from your vast experience as a doctor multiple times in multiple threads?

You seem to be very interested in expressing your medical opinion over and over.

Why?

tlongII
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, why did you post the same medical opinion multiple times in multiple threads?

You seem to be very interested in expressing your medical opinion over and over.

Why?

Because it's my duty to share my superior intellect.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Because it's my duty to share my superior intellect.Why?

Where did you get your medical training that you can give that medical opinion several times over. Mine was just a passing comment? Yours is a campaign to spread your vast medical knowledge that can apparently only be picked up from selling shoes.

tlongII
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Why?

Where did you get your medical training that you can give that medical opinion several times over. Mine was just a passing comment? Yours is a campaign to spread your vast medical knowledge that can apparently only be picked up from selling shoes.

Who knows where my superior intellect comes from? It's a mystery... It's a shame I'm unable to share it with you.

urunobili
01-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Who knows where my superior intellect comes from? It's a mystery... It's a shame I'm unable to share it with you.
unable to share = bullshit :clap

Budkin
01-30-2008, 03:46 PM
tlong is an "intellectual" troll.

Vinny Del Negro
01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Go Bone Spurs Go

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Because it's my duty to share my superior intellect.

:lol

da_suns_fan
01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
I think Tony should have his foot amputated.

kace
01-30-2008, 04:07 PM
I think Tony should have his foot amputated.

Nash wouldn't even be able to keep him after ...

sabar
01-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Once again, bone spurs on the heel usually do not require surgery unless they persist for over a year while undergoing regular treatment. Consult your local book on Orthopedics at your local library.

wildbill2u
01-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Of course, none of us is really qulaified to say. But my foot doctor told me that surgery is just a temporary fix. The condition is caused by calcium buildups on the bone that injure the nerve endings when hit.

Those buildups can be removed, but will return in time.

Ghost Writer
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Better question:

Should Tony Parker have a divorce?

Question.

Shelly
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I know a Podiatrist Tony can see! :lol

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Better question:

Question.

:lmao

Why? They seem perfectly happy.

Ghost Writer
01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I think CIA Pop is shutting Parker down not only for his heal, but also for his head.

That b1tch is a distraction.

Jessica Simpson

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I think CIA Pop is shutting Parker down not only for his heal, but also for his head.

That b1tch is a distraction.
Jessica Simpson

:lmao She hasn't done anything wrong. Tony's only gotten better since they got together. They are pretty much just a regular couple.

I agree the false accusations and dealing with the lawsuit may have been a distraction for Tony. But that's not Eva's fault, and it's not the primary reason he got shut down.

Anyway, save the tabloid talk for the Club.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
And to further something about Tony ... I think that he's also sick in addition to having foot problems. He's been incredibly pale for like 3 weeks and has had the flu twice in that time. Give him some damn vitamins or a flu shot or something, while he's resting his foot too.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Go Bone Spurs Go

:lol

remingtonbo2001
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Better question:

Question.

It's always been my belief that Marriage comes before Job.

Marriage is a lifelong commitment, playing for the Spurs isn't.

Yeah, I'd like to see more championships, but I'd rather see a happy marriage.

DazedAndConfused
01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Eva Longoria will prove to be the worst thing that ever happened to the Spurs.

Kobulingam
01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
If he get's surgery he's done for the year, no reason he can't just rest until the playoffs and get it doen in the off season

Had the surgery happened 6 weeks ago, he would have been back before playoffs with time to spare. Someone needs to be fired.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Overreact much?

tlongII
01-30-2008, 06:56 PM
It's entirely possible that Eva has a foot fetish and that is how the bone spurs developed.

beirmeistr
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
It's entirely possible that Eva has a foot fetish and that is how the bone spurs developed.
That is hilarious! :lmao

T Park
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
You fuckin people and the accusations about the marriage are absolutely disgusting.

Give it a rest...