PDA

View Full Version : A fear of mine.

BacktoBasics
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Not trying to start another Damon thread but I'm concerned that the upcoming signing of this guy doesn't take away from the need to make a change. Bascially I'm scared that they'll look at this move as the move that needed to be made to change the direction of this team. That idea seems very Spursy to me, almost expected.

This guy is a bandaid yes but the answer to the teams issues...no.

loveforthegame
01-30-2008, 12:45 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if this was the only move. No way they panic and make a bunch of moves that could alter the future plans to fix something right now.

However, the Spurs surely have been looking at all options knowing that Parker has been playing hurt for a while now. Throw in Barry's injury and a number of role players not performing and the Spurs surely know they have some tweaking to do.

ancestron
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
yall FoOlz b trippin. D-man Comin to tOwn. OnCe dey Hit Da bOng...
iTz all gOoD :smokin

SAGambler
If this "bandaide" can provide 10 or 12 a night, and at least be a threat to score, it's a far cry better than what we have at the moment.

I doubt they are looking at him as long term help, but more something, anything, to at least keep the Spurs in contention for the playoffs.

If we have to depend on Vaughn to play 35 + a night, we are in deep, deep shit. Tim and Manu can't score enough between them to go with what little is coming off the bench and the rest of the starters to win games. If we have to go through Feb with Vaughn running this team, we are screwed, and the opposition won't even supply the vaseline or the condums.

I suspect we are going to find come Friday morning, the Spurs will have lost 4 in a row, and gone 0 - 3 on the road trip. We are quickly digging a hole we may not be able to climb out of.

We need Tony back ASAP, but not unless he is close to 100%. And right now, noone can say for certainty, when that may be. So, at this point, I would take anyone that could at least help keep the ship afloat.

MI21
When push comes to shove, the Spurs aren't going to be relying on Damon to win them games. I expect Vaughn to get more minutes than him still, and especially once Parker is back. The Spurs know this a temporary, rest of season type thing more than likely, they know a 34yr old small aging PG isn't the answer to any major roster problems.

nkdlunch
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
If this "bandaide" can provide 10 or 12 a night, and at least be a threat to score, it's a far cry better than what we have at the moment.

I doubt they are looking at him as long term help, but more something, anything, to at least keep the Spurs in contention for the playoffs.

If we have to depend on Vaughn to play 35 + a night, we are in deep, deep shit. Tim and Manu can't score enough between them to go with what little is coming off the bench and the rest of the starters to win games. If we have to go through Feb with Vaughn running this team, we are screwed, and the opposition won't even supply the vaseline or the condums.

I suspect we are going to find come Friday morning, the Spurs will have lost 4 in a row, and gone 0 - 3 on the road trip. We are quickly digging a hole we may not be able to climb out of.

We need Tony back ASAP, but not unless he is close to 100%. And right now, noone can say for certainty, when that may be. So, at this point, I would take anyone that could at least help keep the ship afloat.

r u saying we are gonna take it raw in the ass??? damn!

SenorSpur
01-30-2008, 12:57 PM
This is a low-risk, stop-gap acquisition because the Spurs aren't obligated beyond this season. Still, I hope it's not the only move they make.

Kurt Thomas' name keeps popping up. I remember the Spurs being interested in him years ago. He would be yet another stop-gap measure, albeit a proven low-post player. I didn't like the thought before, because I'm sick of the "let's get the latest old guy" crusade and I wished there were a younger option available. However in the interests of successfully defending the title this season, I'm warming up to it now.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 12:59 PM

SAgambler hits the money on this. Hiring mighty mouse is a quick fix. The spurs see him the same way they see van exel. He's there because they need a patch job. They're not pinning their championship dreams on him. The big money is still duncan, parker and ginobili.

Regadless, I think, getting him is still one of the spurs best option. I wouldn't trade at this point. Dismantling the team during the rodeo trip might spell disaster for the spurs.

mbass
01-30-2008, 01:40 PM
When push comes to shove, the Spurs aren't going to be relying on Damon to win them games. I expect Vaughn to get more minutes than him still, and especially once Parker is back. The Spurs know this a temporary, rest of season type thing more than likely, they know a 34yr old small aging PG isn't the answer to any major roster problems.

UNless it's AI

sa_butta
01-30-2008, 01:57 PM
SAgambler hits the money on this. Hiring mighty mouse is a quick fix. The spurs see him the same way they see van exel. He's there because they need a patch job. They're not pinning their championship dreams on him. The big money is still duncan, parker and ginobili.

Regadless, I think, getting him is still one of the spurs best option. I wouldn't trade at this point. Dismantling the team during the rodeo trip might spell disaster for the spurs.:tu
i dont think anyone here is thinking Damon is going to be a savior of the season, but he will be a good filler while Tony is out. And hopefully Tony can get some needed rest and recover for the playoffs. The truth is that everyone else needs to step it up, Duncan and Gino are not going to carry it on their backs alone.

Rummpd
01-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Stoudemire and Splitter next year + Ime develops = Spurs are fine~

ancestron
01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Wasn't Stoudemire arrested with Rasheed Wallace for smoking weed in their car a few years ago?

Xylus
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Stoudemire and Splitter next year + Ime develops = Spurs are fine~
Let's all pray to God that the Spurs don't get Stoudemire. :lol