PDA

View Full Version : HOYA vs BAMA

rascal
01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
The old spurs talk forum had two distinct groups of posters that would do battle.

HOYA- Hands On Your Ass
BAMA-Bitch And Moan Association

There are many new members here since the days of HOYA vs BAMA but its time to bring this back with the way the spurs have been playing.

So declare are you HOYA or BAMA.

Ghost Writer
01-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Official charter member of BAMA.

MI21
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I was BAMA, but the Spurs have earnt enough points since those rough 2001 times when this shit was happening, so I'm now something else. It's not HOYA but it's in between. Perhaps, ITTS (I Trust the Spurs) :lol

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I was BAMA, but the Spurs have earnt enough points since those rough 2001 times when this shit was happening, so I'm now something else. It's not HOYA but it's in between. Perhaps, ITTS (I Trust the Spurs) :lol

:lol

Me too.

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM

Shouldn't that be Trust In The Spurs, or TITS?

Seems to fit with the cry for bravatars, too.

MI21
01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
You know, after I typed that I started thinking of a way to make it spell TITS, but I couldn't. I was ashamed of myself :( I blame it on being 3:15am here!

But thank you good sir, TITS it is :tu

phyzik
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Im a big supporter of TITS

MaNu4Tres
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
I guess you can say I'm BAMA for our situation in the frontcourt. But im all TITS because of how Tim and Manu are the prototypical definition of a winner.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey TITS looks pretty appealing to me. Perhaps new guys can join that new group.

Supreme_Being
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
TITS for life.

MI21
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Bandwagoners! :)

VaSpursFan
01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
technically i'm a HOYA because I went to Georgetown...but I'm a TITS fan now :lol :elephant

THE SIXTH MAN
01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Tits!

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
I consider myself a moderate HOYA. I'm all for making minor tweaks to the team involving movement of role players such as Barry, Finley, Elson, Oberto, etc., but I wouldn't do anything to screw with our core of Parker/Ginobili/Bowen/Duncan. On the Bowen issue, I'm Pro-Starter and I'm 100% for trade restrictions on Ginobili, Duncan, and Parker.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/766/hoya2nq7.png

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Was going to say BAMA, but I might have to reconsider...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/17/oi668z.gif

urunobili
01-30-2008, 01:53 PM
TITS here!

JamStone
01-30-2008, 01:57 PM
It's amazing how TITS can be so loyal when you continue not to perform. Some TITS might leave for better performers that don't shrivel in the heat of the moment.

Dex
01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
For some reason, the term TITS-Mouse comes to mind. :blah

Mr. Body
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Damn, that's like calling something the Clear Skies initiative or the PATRIOT Act and then have it actually be the reverse.

But hafta say TITS no matter what. Legs, too. Pretty smile. Nice figure and ass.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
i think that's the essence of being part of TITS - to just trust the spurs no matter what. Die hard fan kinda thing.

rascal
01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
TITS is just a form of HOYA. Or leans HOYA.

One trait of HOYA is that they believe the spurs have made and will make good roster moves. Or they trust that the spurs will make the right moves. HOYA never or seldom questions or challenges the spurs front office on anything. Generally always have a positive spin on every player acquisistion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/17/boobs_026.jpg

urunobili
01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
why don;t you make a polll outta this?

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 02:07 PM

So you mean, TITS and HOYA has to go together?

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM

One trait of HOYA is that they believe the spurs have made and will make good roster moves. Or they trust that the spurs will make the right moves. HOYA never or seldom questions or challenges the spurs front office on anything. Generally always have a positive spin on every player acquisistion.

HOYA is all for improvement to the team, but feels our core is off limits. I can't really call rascal a BAMA though, as most BAMAs still have our teams best interests in mind. I.e., not trading our second-best player (Ginobili) for soft-ass Vince Carter or a shut-down-for-the-season Elton Brand.

ancestron
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I like this thread.

rascal
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
TITS is a way out of declaring either one. Like sitting on the fence. But in reality TITS is HOYA.

No one side is any better or cooler than the other, both have their positives and negatives.

You lean either HOYA or BAMA. Those are the original names.

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2008, 02:37 PM
The establishment fears a third party!!

rascal
01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Official charter member of [B]BAMA[/B}.

You started the name HOYA during one of your 10 page arguments with Marcus Bryant.

rascal
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM
HOYA is all for improvement to the team, but feels our core is off limits. I can't really call rascal a BAMA though, as most BAMAs still have our teams best interests in mind. I.e., not trading our second-best player (Ginobili) for soft-ass Vince Carter or a shut-down-for-the-season Elton Brand.

If it were possible getting Brand for Manu and expiring contracts and missing the playoffs this year could be the best option for the spurs. Considering how bad the spurs are looking now (with Parkers bone spurs which can limit him the rest of the year)they are not likely going very far in the playoffs anyways. I like Brand and a lottery pick for Manu if Brand doesn't come back healthy this year.

But Brand is expected back soon so he would be valuable this year.

whottt
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Am I the only that's amazed at how once GW came back rascal started posting a lot more?

It's like he just crawled out of Ghosts ass.

timvp
01-30-2008, 04:04 PM
You started the name HOYA during one of your 10 page arguments with Marcus Bryant.And I invented the term BAMA as the HOYA counterpart to describe Ghost Writer and his disciples.

Oh and HOYA won. We won. Three titles in five years. There was no need to trade Parker for Payton or Manu for Sprewell as BAMA wanted to do. The Spurs had the core pieces, they just needed to find the right surrounding role players ... like us HOYANS said.

Missions Accomplished.©

Apologies Accepted.

http://www.spotlight.com.au/__data/page/8611/vip_winners2.jpg

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/images/shoes/terminator_lo_hoya_7.jpg

timvp
01-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Am I the only that's amazed at how once GW came back rascal started posting a lot more?

It's like he just crawled out of Ghosts ass.They are both from Connecticut, IIRC. Maybe their internet was down.

timvp
01-30-2008, 04:07 PM
TITS is just a form of HOYA. Exactly. Trust In The Spurs? That's the number one principal of HOYA.

BAMA had no trust in the Spurs and thought the team should trade young parts like Parker and Ginobili in an effort to "win now".

Oops.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Exactly. Trust In The Spurs? That's the number one principal of HOYA.

BAMA had no trust in the Spurs and thought the team should trade young parts like Parker and Ginobili in an effort to "win now".

Oops.

:smokin

What a crock. HOYA was more than just TITS. You guys didn't think that the front office ever did anything wrong. At the time, if they said they were trading David Robinson for a bag of chips and this would have been the thread.

Good move. David is past his prime and everybody loves chips.

Good move.

Good move. IMO :hat

Good move. They won a title in 1999, they must know what they are doing.

Yeah, makes sense for both sides.

Good move.

timvp
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
^^Sore Loser.

:hat

P.S.

And no, BAMA was the one wanting throw David Robinson to the curb. HOYA believed in Robinson. A lot of the BAMAs wanted Robinson gone. Remember the "David Robinson is broken" talk beginning in like 2001?

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
And no, BAMA was the one wanting throw David Robinson to the curb. HOYA believed in Robinson. A lot of the BAMAs wanted Robinson gone. Remember the "David Robinson is broken" talk beginning in like 2001?

I didn't say that HOYA wanted to throw David out. I'm saying NO MATTER WHAT the front office did you guys thought it was awesome.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Shouldn't that be Trust In The Spurs, or TITS?

Seems to fit with the cry for bravatars, too.

:lmao

Why do I think FWD has been saving that one for the last 5 years! Awesome!

(The philosophy of TITS does sound very HOYAN however. Kind of like going to a Lutheran church if you're a Catholic.)

san antonio spurs
01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
who do you think from Timvp and Dizzg is HOYA CEO?

timvp
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
who do you think from Timvp and Dizzg is HOYA CEO?Dizz was never in the chain of command. Marcus Bryant was the leader of HOYA. Dizz was just a parrot at that early point in his posting career.

ploto
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
BAMA-- I already have plenty in the TITS department.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Who was on BAMA side? Ghost Writer, Baseline Bum, Mr Carmen E, Rabel .. hmmm.. me (but not hardcore)...

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
As most of you know I am unable to affiliate with either party due to my representation of a certain prophetic religious sect which shall remain nameless. I was told not to affiliate with any political party as it would greatly increase the strength of that organization and disrupt the balance of power a two-party system needs in order to keep a healthy democracy operating.

san antonio spurs
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
As most of you know I am unable to affiliate with either party due to my representation of a certain prophetic religious sect which shall remain nameless. I was told not to affiliate with any political party as it would greatly increase the strength of that organization and disrupt the balance of power a two-party system needs in order to keep a healthy democracy operating.
can't wait for ur annual SPAM :smokin

Slomo
01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
As most of you know I am unable to affiliate with either party due to my representation of a certain prophetic religious sect which shall remain nameless. I was told not to affiliate with any political party as it would greatly increase the strength of that organization and disrupt the balance of power a two-party system needs in order to keep a healthy democracy operating.Hey!
Subliminal messages are not allowed under FCC rules.:nope

Do BAMA and HOYA also mean anything outside this forum? ie are they acronyms for something?

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I think there's a nuanced difference between HOYA and TITS, but would generally agree that they are ideologically similar.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it comes to building a team, I'm decidedly a Popovich Homer. I'm in Believe mode with the rest of the HOYAs if only because I have an abiding faith in Pop that suggests to me that things will turn around and that this team will be ready at playoff time. Whether its capable of winning a title remains to be seen; so long as they qualify, though, I can't imagine that there are too clubs in the West who'd be anxious to draw the Spurs in Round 1. Perhaps that's too sentimental or not realistic, but I find comfort in history and history says that Pop's teams always seem to find a way to make playoff noise.

I think my position is also tempered by the history of 4 titles. It's probably soft-minded of me to think this way, but in truth, if the Spurs never won another title, I'd still be a satisfied fan. This team has taken me on the sort of ride that most sports fans can only dream about. I'd pull up the numbers, but I think they're a bit trite in this circumstance. I know this, for at least 17 of the last 18 basketball seasons, my favorite team has opened with a great chance to win a championship and has been among the elite teams in the league. In that time, they're remained at the top while the Pistons have come, gone, and come back again. The Bulls dominated and recessed. The Rockets had 2 great seasons and found mediocrity again. The Lakers, for all of their pagentry, have been to the lottery twice during that time. I could go on, but the point is there. Whatever else happens from this point on, it's been a great ride. I'll be slightly disappointed if the Spurs never win another title, but still completely satisfied with what I've been able to witness.

HOYA/TITS, whatever -- Go Spurs Go!

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Who was on BAMA side? Ghost Writer, Baseline Bum, Mr Carmen E, Rabel .. hmmm.. me (but not hardcore)...

3 titles in 5 years have calmed my BAMA side significantly. :lol

baseline bum
01-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Dizz was never in the chain of command. Marcus Bryant was the leader of HOYA. Dizz was just a parrot at that early point in his posting career.

COLD BEER IMO :hat

rascal
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM

Admiral, MI21

rascal
01-30-2008, 06:01 PM

It's like he just crawled out of Ghosts ass.

No, I was posting before Ghost made an appearance. I also had 20 fantasy football teams that took most of my time, so that is finished now.

rascal
01-30-2008, 06:09 PM
I didn't say that HOYA wanted to throw David out. I'm saying NO MATTER WHAT the front office did you guys thought it was awesome.

Don't forget about HITA. HOYA really believed in HITA and thought it was a great move that the spurs got him.

remingtonbo2001
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
TITS should be a divsion of HOYA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
BAMA-- I already have plenty in the TITS department.

:ttiwwp:

:hungry:

JamStone
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM

I don't know why but thats kinda creepy you did that.

Oh, and sometimes you Spurs fans are kinda weird.

But, I aint mad atcha.

san antonio spurs
01-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Don't forget about HITA. HOYA really believed in HITA and thought it was a great move that the spurs got him.
HITA was a good player before he got here, it was justified to be excited. His departure als was saluted by HOYA all the way.
Spurs fans :lol

rascal
01-30-2008, 07:36 PM
HITA was a good player before he got here, it was justified to be excited. His departure als was saluted by HOYA all the way.
Spurs fans :lol

Good one there. Of course HOYA saluted the departure of HITA. Nobody wanted HITA.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 10:14 PM
3 titles in 5 years have calmed my BAMA side significantly. :lol

So in short...HOYA are those guys who are happy customers because of what the team is/has done/ BAMA are those guys that are never happy at all whatever the Spurs has done (always asking for change)???

I rather be in the TITS/HOYA group then. I'm happy of what the team has done

T Park
01-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Genome you've pretty much got it.

genomefreak13
01-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Genome you've pretty much got it.

Got to catch on fast...

Kori Ellis
01-31-2008, 01:06 AM
So in short...HOYA are those guys who are happy customers because of what the team is/has done/ BAMA are those guys that are never happy at all whatever the Spurs has done (always asking for change)???

I rather be in the TITS/HOYA group then. I'm happy of what the team has done

HOYA and BAMA originated before the last three titles. It was originally blind followers who would never criticize the Spurs brass (HOYA) and bitchers who always wanted the Spurs to make changes (BAMA).

It's a different perspective now because of the three titles. But this was in 2001.

If the Spurs didn't win in 03, 05, 07, there would be a lot more BAMA right now. But I think the majority of Spurs fans are now HOYA.

Louie Vega
01-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Tits ,Tits Tits!!!!!!!

slayermin
01-31-2008, 01:33 AM
I apologize for going off topic here.

Base, I tried to reply to your message but your mailbox is full.

Slippy
01-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Pretty much HOYA now. All the championships have softned me up.

Slippy
01-31-2008, 06:41 AM
What a crock. HOYA was more than just TITS. You guys didn't think that the front office ever did anything wrong. At the time, if they said they were trading David Robinson for a bag of chips and this would have been the thread.

Yah, i can vouch for this. Pop the genius could do no wrong. :lol

There was also a lot of BAMA v HOYA discontent over how POP handled DRob's mins and then his re-signing.

shelshor
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
most of the time TITS
But until Damon Stoudamire proves he has shed his Inner JailBlazer, I'll be in the BAMA camp

ancestron
01-31-2008, 03:08 PM
a thread that has gone "Tits" and hardly any pictures. I am extremely disappointed in all of you.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k310/IIXenosII/tits.jpg

rascal
03-05-2009, 03:20 PM
a thread that has gone "Tits" and hardly any pictures. I am extremely disappointed in all of you.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k310/IIXenosII/tits.jpg

Who deleted this image?

Bump for the new posters to see some Spurstalk history.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Was going to say BAMA, but I might have to reconsider...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/17/oi668z.gif

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2009, 03:41 PM

To me, the difference is that HOYA (now) is pretty pleased with 3 titles since '03 and 4 since '99 along with the continuing thought of a championship-contending team until Duncan's retirement.

BAMA thinks 3 in 6 is pretty shortsighted and is bent that the Spurs didn't win 7 titles in those 6 years.

Brazil
03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I'll go with BILS : Believe In Los Spurs or BIS : Believe In Spurs or BITS : Believe In The Spurs. Just another sub branch of HOYA.

I'll go also for a BIP : Believe In Pop [no matter what] even if sometimes he piss me off

benefactor
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/a/1/2/a121768a2ccc8ac9a4de58265cb94382.jpg

Marcus Bryant
03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
And I invented the term BAMA as the HOYA counterpart to describe Ghost Writer and his disciples.

Oh and HOYA won. We won. Three titles in five years. There was no need to trade Parker for Payton or Manu for Sprewell as BAMA wanted to do. The Spurs had the core pieces, they just needed to find the right surrounding role players ... like us HOYANS said.

Missions Accomplished.©

Apologies Accepted.

Sweet God Almighty how did I miss this?

Scoreboard, Casper.

IMO. :hat

:cooldevil

baseline bum
03-05-2009, 04:27 PM
If it were possible getting Brand for Manu and expiring contracts and missing the playoffs this year could be the best option for the spurs. Considering how bad the spurs are looking now (with Parkers bone spurs which can limit him the rest of the year)they are not likely going very far in the playoffs anyways. I like Brand and a lottery pick for Manu if Brand doesn't come back healthy this year.

But Brand is expected back soon so he would be valuable this year.

Oops.

phyzik
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
nice bump. This thread didnt get nearly as much attention as it should have. Still into TITS myself.

Marcus Bryant
03-05-2009, 04:36 PM

HOYA and BAMA originated before the last three titles. It was originally blind followers who would never criticize the Spurs brass (HOYA) and bitchers who always wanted the Spurs to make changes (BAMA).

It's a different perspective now because of the three titles. But this was in 2001.

If the Spurs didn't win in 03, 05, 07, there would be a lot more BAMA right now. But I think the majority of Spurs fans are now HOYA.

HOYA originated as a group of those who understood the CBA and the limitations it placed on the Spurs in free agency and in trades. Not to mention understanding why the Spurs weren't able to carry a payroll like the Knicks'. Basically it was a group of us who thought Ghost was an idiot for whining like he did all the fucking time about the Spurs' lack of high profile player personnel moves.

I would not say that we were blind followers. Since the arena deal and the new CBA we have been quite the critics of Holt et al.

Das Texan
03-05-2009, 04:47 PM

I dont know how I missed this, but I'm also in this category. Hell I was one of the most ardent BAMA residents for a long time.

Das Texan
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM

Damn, I cant believe you used my old user name :lol

mogrovejo
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Paraphrasing a PM from a Spurs Fan re. FO moves:

Allowing Stephen Jackson to walk away costed the Spurs a title. San Antonio are looking for a replacement to him till this day.

I'm fairly certain BAMA still lives in some hearts... sooner or later, it will resurge.

p.s. - I agree on the Jack subject, btw.

Man In Black
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm a left-wing HOYA so doesn't that make me TITS oriented?
I love TITS.

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 05:02 PM
TITS for me:p:

rascal
03-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Oops.

I still would trade Manu for Brand. The spurs won't be winning it this year and I'd rather have Brand next year than Manu.

rascal
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't have TITS.

The spurs fortunes are a direct result of winning the lottery to get 2 hall of fame franchise players. If they don't get either of those players there are no titles in San Antonio. So success was basically lottery luck.

The spurs player moves over the last 10 years pale in comparison to lets say the Lakers who built championship teams through trades and free agency or even Boston who built a championship team in one season with a couple big name player moves.

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
I still would trade Manu for Brand. The spurs won't be winning it this year and I'd rather have Brand next year than Manu.

This is a joke, right?

rascal
03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
This is a joke, right?

Not at all a joke. Spurs will not win this year. Build a winning formula for next year.

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't have TITS.

The spurs fortunes are a direct result of winning the lottery to get 2 hall of fame franchise players. If they don't get either of those players there are no titles in San Antonio. So success was basically lottery luck.

The spurs player moves over the last 10 years pale in comparison to lets say the Lakers who built championship teams through trades and free agency or even Boston who built a championship team in one season with a couple big name player moves.

There's a lot to be said for picking the right player and developing him. So often teams take the wrong guy (eg: Sam Bowie, Ryan Leaf, maybe even Greg Oden some day if he can't stay healthy).

And even if you pick the right guy, sometimes a team just doesn't do a good job of developing him. Eg: Kwame Brown. I'm not saying he deserved the first pick, but the way he was treated and handled in DC definitely hindered his development.

And even if you pick the right guy AND develop him, you still have to surround him with good players. Look at KG. He was a great pick in Minnesota and developed into a great player, but never went the distance because other than that year he had Spree and Cassell, he never had anyone around him who could get it done. Some of that was his fault because his contract hampered the team, but the team signed that contract too and they failed for years to take advantage of their franchise guy.

So you can't chalk the Spurs' success up to mere lottery success. Lots of other teams have had the luck and never made anything out of it.

rascal
03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
There's a lot to be said for picking the right player and developing him. So often teams take the wrong guy (eg: Sam Bowie, Ryan Leaf, maybe even Greg Oden some day if he can't stay healthy).

And even if you pick the right guy, sometimes a team just doesn't do a good job of developing him. Eg: Kwame Brown. I'm not saying he deserved the first pick, but the way he was treated and handled in DC definitely hindered his development.

And even if you pick the right guy AND develop him, you still have to surround him with good players. Look at KG. He was a great pick in Minnesota and developed into a great player, but never went the distance because other than that year he had Spree and Cassell, he never had anyone around him who could get it done. Some of that was his fault because his contract hampered the team, but the team signed that contract too and they failed for years to take advantage of their franchise guy.

So you can't chalk the Spurs' success up to mere lottery success. Lots of other teams have had the luck and never made anything out of it.

Robinson and Duncan were both no brainer lottery picks .

Its not only getting the top pick its being lucky enough to get the top pick in yrs there are franchise players there like Robinson and Duncan.

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2009, 05:43 PM

Its not only getting the top pick its being lucky enough to get the top pick in yrs there are franchise players there like Robinson and Duncan.

And finding no-brainer guys like Parker and Ginobili. And almost annually coming up with contributors in free agency.

Anyone can do those things.

HarlemHeat37
03-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't have TITS.

you're an idiot..

the Lakers and Celtics both had to enter the lottery and early exits to save the assets needed to build their current teams..the Lakers also benefit from location and history to attract free agents like Shaq, and other players demanding trades or demanding to be drafted there..

baseline bum
03-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't have TITS.

So then you're for the 2010 plan to build through free agency so we can get our own Shaq signing like LA did? Or we get the most talented player in the draft to tell everyone he's only going to our team like LA did? Or make a collusion trade when we don't have a Jerry West to run to? Or the Spurs should tank and suck for 20 years to accumulate lottery talent to finally trade for a disgruntled star like Boston?

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Even if you're right, we still had to develop them properly and surround them with guys who can win.

baseline bum
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM

Did you even watch him this season before the injury? He looked like Malik Rose if he got a lot of touches in the offense.

sabar
03-05-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't have TITS.

Pretty easy to sign people in free agency and through trades when everyone wants to play in your big-name city and you have no problem paying the luxury tax.

rascal
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Pretty easy to sign people in free agency and through trades when everyone wants to play in your big-name city and you have no problem paying the luxury tax.

Then that is the better franchise for future success. Those are not negatives for building a winner.

rascal
03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Did you even watch him this season before the injury? He looked like Malik Rose if he got a lot of touches in the offense.

Rose can't even get off the bench.

Brand was injured early on and tried to play through it before they shut him down. Brand has been injury prone but so has Manu.

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Then that is the better franchise for future success. Those are not negatives for building a winner.

Right, but the degree of difficulty for building and sustaining a winner is much harder in cities that aren't huge natural draws for free agents. So its not as amazing for a Boston or LA turnaround as it is for a team like San Antonio.

rascal
03-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Right, but the degree of difficulty for building and sustaining a winner is much harder in cities that aren't huge natural draws for free agents. So its not as amazing for a Boston or LA turnaround as it is for a team like San Antonio.

You are basically agreeing with me. The spurs will have a hard time getting top talent. They have not shown they are willing or able to improve the team with the big name trade or top free agent acquisition. I have no TITS.

mogrovejo
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Who was the free agent that Boston attracted? Eddie House? Scalabrine? Even Posey was a reject from other teams.

Boston built a championship by the hardest way: no lottery picks except the 5th one in a 2 players draft (plus Pierce, a #10 pick). Ainge inherited a "somewhat competitive but not enough to even sniff a title" team with no players with trade value except Pierce, no big expirings and no draft picks accumulated. He spent a couple of years drafting greatly and developing talent, since solid starters in the league like Bassy, Gomes, Delonte, Perkins, to fringe All-Stars like Rondo, passing by a potential All-Pro like Big Al and good bench contributors like Powe and Davis - and all those guys he drafted and developed eventually allowed him to trade for two stars while keeping Pierce and still keep some of them as part of the supporting cast.

He didn't spend millions buying picks and trading up, not a single one of those guys was a lottery pick and most of them were 2nd rounders. He traded for big contracts that he'd be able to package with the young payers he was developing. He accumulated draft picks via trades that served him to get those stars. No luck involved, just a steady effort to accumulate assets and put the club in good position to finally succeed.

Blow your own horn as much as you want, but there's no need to diminish how the Celtics build their team.

rascal
03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Who was the free agent that Boston attracted? Eddie House? Scalabrine? Even Posey was a reject from other teams.

Boston built a championship by the hardest way: no lottery picks except the 5th one in a 2 players draft (plus Pierce, a #10 pick). Ainge inherited a "somewhat competitive but not enough to even sniff a title" team with no players with trade value except Pierce, no big expirings and no draft picks accumulated. He spent a couple of years drafting greatly and developing talent, since solid starters in the league like Bassy, Gomes, Delonte, Perkins, to fringe All-Stars like Rondo, passing by a potential All-Pro like Big Al and good bench contributors like Powe and Davis - and all those guys he drafted and developed eventually allowed him to trade for two stars while keeping Pierce and still keep some of them as part of the supporting cast.

He didn't spend millions buying picks and trading up, not a single one of those guys was a lottery pick and most of them were 2nd rounders. He traded for big contracts that he'd be able to package with the young payers he was developing. He accumulated draft picks via trades that served him to get those stars. No luck involved, just a steady effort to accumulate assets and put the club in good position to finally succeed.

Blow your own horn as much as you want, but there's no need to diminish how the Celtics build their team.

Exactly. I am more impressed in how boston turned their franchise into a winner in one season without lottery luck. Thats a good front office. I don't believe the spurs could win without the luck of the lottery. Their trades or lack of trades have been terrible over the last few years. I do not trust they will remain competitive after Duncan.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
bama representing here...too bad i aint a tits man, but ima BOOTY man

BOOTY = BELIEVE ONLY ON TIM YO

ChumpDumper
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Someone remind me why rascal claims to be a Spurs fan again?

PDXSpursFan
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
IPWT = In Pop We Trust

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Pitb = pitty i trust bonner

beachwood
03-05-2009, 06:55 PM
tits all the way.

Yorae
03-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I like big tits. I mean I am a big tits. (That didn't come out right)

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
You are basically agreeing with me. The spurs will have a hard time getting top talent. They have not shown they are willing or able to improve the team with the big name trade or top free agent acquisition. I have no TITS.

I don't think they have a hard time attracting talent at all. Everyone wants to play with Duncan and a team that has a chance to win every year. The issue is that the Spurs don't want most players because they don't fit into our system and philosophy. Also, they don't want to sign people to huge, long-term contracts, which is exactly what players want.

Ainge did do a pretty good job building the C's, but got a huge assist from McHale in Minnesota. I know Jefferson is good, and McHale needed to get rid of KG somehow, but that KG deal was definitely more beneficial to Boston than Minnesota.

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 06:58 PM
And didn't Ray Allen come through a trade of a lottery pick?

No matter, we don't disagree, Ainge did a good job building that team.

But I do think McHale did his old team a solid in sending KG east.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
im pretty some of us here were pulling for a vince carter trade seriously

we give up 3 players (hill/mason/bruce) for vince, leaves us with a couple roster spots free....sign POPS to remaining of the season, and Gooden and getting bruce bowen back in a month

kurt/oberto/mahinmi/gooden
duncan/bonner/popsu
vince/udoka/bowen
ginoboli/finley
parker/vaughn

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
im pretty some of us here were pulling for a vince carter trade seriously

we give up 3 players (hill/mason/bruce) for vince, leaves us with a couple roster spots free....sign POPS to remaining of the season, and Gooden and getting bruce bowen back in a month

kurt/oberto/mahinmi/gooden
duncan/bonner/popsu
vince/udoka/bowen
ginoboli/finley
parker/vaughn

They wanted Oberto too. And we wouldn't have had the money to sign Gooden if we took on Carter's salary, or maybe even Pops for that matter or to sign Bruce back after he sat for a month. And Mahinmi is out for a long time, so he doesn't really belong on that list.

VC was too much money for too little player. Especially with the salary cap going down next year.

We don't make panic moves like that - Timmy said it best during the All-Star Break - trading half the team for one guy who has to learn a system it takes players at least a year to learn. It would've been equivalent to Phoenix's Shaq trade -- a complete turn away from our team's philosophy and culture made in a panic.

Marcus Bryant
03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/62/633574972501625189-competitionitsnotjustmenthatcomparesizes_copy.jpg

Marcus Bryant
03-05-2009, 07:37 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/36/lico_culito_valentine.gif

tp2021
03-05-2009, 11:17 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/62/633574972501625189-competitionitsnotjustmenthatcomparesizes_copy.jpg

tits!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/36/lico_culito_valentine.gif

hoya!

for some reason, i'm not allowed to capitalize those words...

Manufan909
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM

tits

Fuck, I can't capitalize either.:bang

SpursFan67
03-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Give me some TITS

PS:marcus bryant,you pics are awesome!!

rascal
03-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I've noticed the BAMA ranks growing lately.

Ghostwriter
TDMVPDPOY
Mountainballer
coyotes geek
DPG21920
Superbigtime
The_Game
Yogurt210
Fabbs
td4mvp21
Don Quixote
George Gervins Afro

These posters are BAMA

Adding 3 more names to BAMA
ploto
1parker1
Texas 2 Step

baseline bum
03-21-2009, 05:41 PM
I've noticed the BAMA ranks growing lately.

Ghostwriter
TDMVPDPOY
Mountainballer
coyotes geek
Jayem
DPG21920
Superbigtime
The_Game
Yogurt210
Fabbs
td4mvp21
Don Quixote
George Gervins Afro

These posters are BAMA

Jayem is a Laker fan.

rascal
03-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Jayem is a Laker fan.

He doesn't count then.

Spursmania
03-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Tits...

rascal
04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Adding 3 more names to BAMA
Texas 2 Step
ploto
1parker1

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2009, 11:56 AM
TITS all day long....

rascal
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Add vander to the list of BAMA. The BAMA ranks are growing. Marcus Bryant is even leaning towards BAMA.