PDA

View Full Version : Everybody clap your hands!

Vinny Del Negro
01-30-2008, 03:23 PM
This thread is for criticizing arena music.

There is no emoticon to describe how much I despise this little clap-jingle. Somehow it became trendy arena music this year, and every fucking team in the nba feels the need to play this at least 5 times per game. This does not make sense. How does a song even become arena-trendy in the first place? Did the producer offer free blowjobs to David Stern for a year?? :madrun NOBODY EVEN CLAPS ALONG GODDAMMIT :clap

Personally I would prefer no music whatsoever during the game itself (timeouts/quarter breaks...I don't care). But I would compromise, and listen to Rock you like a Hurricane nonstop throughout the season, on repeat, if it meant never hearing "Everybody Clap you Hands!" ever again.

I know I'm not alone on this one. :hungry:

ploto
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhnQDbYZAU

Calbears1
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm a Kings season ticket holder and you are right....they play this thing between 3-5 times per game, and everyone that sits around me cannot stand it.

SAtown
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
I remember hearing this shit when watching Mets games a couple years ago, so I think it started there.

SAtown
01-30-2008, 05:10 PM
:madrun NOBODY EVEN CLAPS ALONG GODDAMMIT :clap

I don't know about that. I actually see tons of people clap along like idiots to it at the AT&T

ThomasGranger
01-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Man, I love when they play that!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

phyzik
01-30-2008, 05:15 PM
I feel like digging into my ear hole with a dull knife everytime I hear that fucking song during a game.

Dex
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I've never liked any song that tells me what to do.

Always wanting me to put my hands in the air, and wave them like I dont care. Bossy.

BillsCarnage
01-30-2008, 07:44 PM
There is no emoticon to describe how much I despise this little clap-jingle.

Gawd, I fucking loathe that song.. Baseball plays it just as much. I don't remember it at any football games.. Probably because it's too fooking gay for football games. Same for Hockey. :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Personally I would prefer no music whatsoever during the game itself

There didn't used to be music during play except some type of "defense" chant in the 4thQ of close games.. not sure when the "music throughout" started.

dallaskd
01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
they used to play that at every dance i went to in junior high and high school.

Armando
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Clap Clap Clap Your Hands!

kingsfan
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
They very rarely play it at Philips (thank God) but 1 song that has to go is YMCA :bang Why do they play that shit every damn game?

remingtonbo2001
01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
The first time I heard that song was during a McDonald's commercial.
I didn't know it's been around so long.

Anyways, yeah, it needs to be thrown out. I'm down with taking the music out during the game.

BonnerDynasty
01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I love teh Zombie Nation one.

BillsCarnage
01-30-2008, 11:48 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! It was being played during the Yotes/Redwings game in Detroit.. DETROIT hockey playing that song!!!

EGADS.

spurscenter
01-31-2008, 11:11 AM
its better for baseball

ancestron
01-31-2008, 11:37 AM
All the gay shit needs to be thrown out. I personally wouldn't mind if I never heard "Dayo! Daya-a-a-o" again for the rest of my life.
as for the At&T center specifically--they play this one song all the time that is just a drum beat, and it would be ok, but it sounds like a drummer with absolutley no sense of rhythm just randomly hitting drums, if you try to nod your head to it you will stop about 3 seconds through and be like wtf. I hate that stupid drum beat. Plus everytime they play it, the Spurs seem to fuck up.
I like that they play music during the games, but it should be music with a good beat dammit. Basketball is a game of rhythm after all.

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 11:46 AM
clap, clap, clap your hands... to the left now y'all...

I'd prefer to listen to "Simply the Best" on repeat. Or the Aggie War Hymn.

I think the best would be if they played the "Where Amazing Happpens" music over and over again through the whole game. So then when something actually amazing happens, the music is already live.

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2008, 11:55 AM
fans of detroit, do they play that clap your hands for detroit techno song?? sounds good with its beat, i think it was release last year....

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
fans of detroit, do they play that clap your hands for detroit techno song?? sounds good with its beat, i think it was release last year....

I think you are the most unintelligent person on this board.

Dex
01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
This coming from people who were willing to forego 18 years of "Ya'll Ready For This?"

RonMexico
01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll actually take anything written by the Real McCoy.