PDA

View Full Version : If I were a betting man, I'd lay the house on

K-State Spur
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
UNL +4 at Mizzou tonight.

Mizzou has 5 players suspended for tonight's game, plus Hannah out for the extended period of time. Yet, the line still has them favored.

Mizzou is likely to go stretches where multiple walk-ons are on the floor.

UNL as enough talent (plus they swept Mizzou last year) that I think they win this game outright, and fairly handedly.

j-6
01-30-2008, 04:25 PM
UNL +4 at Mizzou tonight.

Mizzou has 5 players suspended for tonight's game, plus Hannah out for the extended period of time. Yet, the line still has them favored.

Mizzou is likely to go stretches where multiple walk-ons are on the floor.

UNL as enough talent (plus they swept Mizzou last year) that I think they win this game outright, and fairly handedly.

I'm nitpicking here, but Mizzou is missing 5 players including Hannah tonight. Four are starters though - Hannah, Brown, Horton, and Lyons.

I jumped on it this morning.

K-State Spur
01-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm nitpicking here, but Mizzou is missing 5 players including Hannah tonight. Four are starters though - Hannah, Brown, Horton, and Lyons.

I jumped on it this morning.

You are correct. Did you get it at +4, or were you able to catch it before it moved from +10?

j-6
01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
I got it at +4.5, at about 9:30 or so. Unfortunately I was too chickenshit to dump serious $$$ on it - I thought was going to get pulled from the board of my lame online service. My local guy doesn't do college hoops. Anyway, I made $50.

Thank God I played this one instead of the other two conference games I was contemplating this time yesterday.

K-State Spur
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
if you had told me the Huskers would only shoot 40%, i might have changed the prediction.

Mizzou loses that many starters...and they play defense for the first time this year?

ReggieF
01-31-2008, 12:04 PM
probably a case of circling the wagons, in a week or two they will have that spirit broken and commence to getting hammered. Does anyone have an idea on the timetable for the indefinite suspensions?

K-State Spur
01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Tigerboard seems to think that everybody except Hannah & Butterfield should be back for Saturday. But I think that's more speculation than any indication of Anderson's thoughts.

With this year possibly being beyond redemption as is, he may want to send a strong message to his team that a zero tolerance policy means zero tolerance.

Thunder Dan
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
nice pick