PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI.com or ESPN.com ?

lefty
01-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I think I prefer the 1st one

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-30-2008, 07:54 PM
realgm.com

sribb43
01-30-2008, 09:03 PM
realgm.com is usually the first to report news but espn.com now has daily dimetv everyday to go along with the daily dime written article which is a good watch

endrity
01-30-2008, 09:50 PM
it's only a debate because espn has so many damn insider articles. but even without them there is so much more info on espn, and opinions as well which are the ones that really make a site interesting. the fact that realgm tells me a trade 10 minutes before espn does will not make them a better site. espn has more chats, the daily dime, now they added truehoop as well wich I really like. If somehow they managed to strike a deal with 82games.com and include them on the site, so they could make even more analysis it would be great. I don't think it would happen though. Espn still is a little too commercial, they gotta run after the sensational news. 82games doesn't care about that stuff, if those guys believe that star is overhyped they'll just tell you.

lefty
01-30-2008, 10:16 PM
it's only a debate because espn has so many damn insider articles. but even without them there is so much more info on espn, and opinions as well which are the ones that really make a site interesting. the fact that realgm tells me a trade 10 minutes before espn does will not make them a better site. espn has more chats, the daily dime, now they added truehoop as well wich I really like. If somehow they managed to strike a deal with 82games.com and include them on the site, so they could make even more analysis it would be great. I don't think it would happen though. Espn still is a little too commercial, they gotta run after the sensational news. 82games doesn't care about that stuff, if those guys believe that star is overhyped they'll just tell you.

Tks for mentioning 82games.

I just checked it and it looks really good :tu

endrity
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
dude, there are articles at 82games.com that put hollinger's work to shame and I love hollinger the most from the Espn guys.
They did a study last year, on the "wade treatment" (i know, I am biased) and they came up with some substantial evidence that he got special treatment in the playoffs and continued to do so even during the reg season last year. I wanted to copy it, and send it to every so called expert who didn't wanna say anything about that.

remingtonbo2001
01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
SI.

Mainly b/c of familiarity. I been going to CNNSI for sometime. Guess I got hooked on the layout and writers...oh yeah and the SWIMSUIT models.

OldDirtMcGirt
01-31-2008, 01:49 AM
82 games is the shit, although some of their articles tend to be a little weak (like the whole defensive rating thing last season).

AggieJV2006
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
I like a lot about what CNNSI has to offer because I like their writers better, but put 500 word articles on 5 different pages annoys the hell out of me.