PDA

View Full Version : Barack is closing in...can he do it!

JoeChalupa
01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
CA Rasmussen polls shows tight race (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/california/election_2008_california_democratic_presidential_p rimary)

Election 2008: California Democratic Presidential Primary
California: Clinton 43% Obama 40%
Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in California shows Hillary Clinton with a very narrow three-percentage point lead over Barack Obama. The survey was conducted in the hours immediately following Florida’s Presidential Primary and before John Edwards dropped out of the race.

Holt's Cat
01-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Since the Dems have proportional delegate allocation or whatever it's called he can still do well in CA without carrying the state. Obviously, he'd like to as he'd get a third of the delegates as well as the symbolic value, but he'd still be alive even if she takes it.

JoeChalupa
01-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Since the Dems have proportional delegate allocation or whatever it's called he can still do well in CA without carrying the state. Obviously, he'd like to as he'd get a third of the delegates as well as the symbolic value, but he'd still be alive even if she takes it.

I concur. That is a correct statement.

101A
01-31-2008, 02:39 PM
Dems are getting pissed at the Clintons in numbers I thought unbelievable. They lie and manipulate, and all they care about is winning? Who knew?

inconvertible
01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
no, cuz whitey will never let him.

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Dems are getting pissed at the Clintons in numbers I thought unbelievable. They lie and manipulate, and all they care about is winning? Who knew?

Isn't that what all politicians do? what 'lies' you are referring to?

boutons_
01-31-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm betting a lot of Dems are beginning to see the dangers of Hillary-McCain election.

Hillary is seen as divisive and polarizing, will bring out the anti-Hillary Repug voters who won't vote McCain at all except as the non-Hillary.

101A
01-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Isn't that what all politicians do? what 'lies' you are referring to?The "Jacksonization" of Obama, for starters. Bill bringing race into the race by claiming Barack brought race into the race.

BradLohaus
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Bill bringing race into the race by claiming Barack brought race into the race.

That really was amazing.

Homeland Security
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Isn't that what all politicians do? what 'lies' you are referring to?
The Clintons are on a whole other level. But we like them, because their purposes often match ours.

Homeland Security
01-31-2008, 03:55 PM
The "Jacksonization" of Obama, for starters. Bill bringing race into the race by claiming Barack brought race into the race.
But Bill went too far in bringing race into the race, leading voters to embrace the erase of race from the race.

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2008, 04:07 PM
The "Jacksonization" of Obama, for starters. Bill bringing race into the race by claiming Barack brought race into the race.

Did Jesse Jackson win South carolina? I am sorry but Barak Obama has embraced the notion of his possible place in history. Don't get me wrong I like Obama and will vote for him this November but to deny he NEVER brought race into this race is dishonest. It is becoming very clear to me that the hyper sensitivity that follows the Clinton's is real because if another Dem had made the same statement there would not have been the same reaction.. but since it was the Clinton's..we have the usual meltdowns.. So since what Clinton said was true and jackson, who is black, won South Carolina what's the big deal? I still don't see where he or Hillary lied..

101A
01-31-2008, 04:11 PM
But Bill went too far in bringing race into the race, leading voters to embrace the erase of race from the race.All braced with the haste that race in the race outpaced taste before embracing the erase of race from the (now chaste) race.

Homeland Security
01-31-2008, 04:13 PM
All braced with the haste that race in the race outpaced taste before embracing the erase of race from the (now chaste) race.
So now can Bill save face with grace?

101A
01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Did Jesse Jackson win South carolina? I am sorry but Barak Obama has embraced the notion of his possible place in history. Don't get me wrong I like Obama and will vote for him this November but to deny he NEVER brought race into this race is dishonest. It is becoming very clear to me that the hyper sensitivity that follows the Clinton's is real because if another Dem had made the same statement there would not have been the same reaction.. but since it was the Clinton's..we have the usual meltdowns.. So since what Clinton said was true and jackson, who is black, won South Carolina what's the big deal? I still don't see where he or Hillary lied..I think the sensibilities might be heightened because much of the attacking is coming from, yes, a Clinton, who is also, a FORMER PRESIDENT. Doesn't look particularly dignified.

If you don't accept that as a lie, how about B.C's "mischaractization" of Obama's statements about Reagan?

101A
01-31-2008, 04:17 PM
So now can Bill save face with grace?:nope

Let's not bring Grace up. Regardless of what Clinton is doing to her face.

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
I think the sensibilities might be heightened because much of the attacking is coming from, yes, a Clinton, who is also, a FORMER PRESIDENT. Doesn't look particularly dignified.

If you don't accept that as a lie, how about B.C's "mischaractization" of Obama's statements about Reagan?

My point is that these 'mischaracterizations' happen everyday in politics. Political ads contain have truths and borderline lies but to limit this to the "Clinton's' is not fair. I won't argue that as politicians the Clintons are as bad as anyone but they certainly aren't the only ones. Mccain has been hammered for his most recent ad about Romney yet there is little outcry from the same people who are beside thmeselves because of a Clinton 'mischaracterization'.. Let's be intellectually honest people...

101A
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
My point is that these 'mischaracterizations' happen everyday in politics. Political ads contain have truths and borderline lies but to limit this to the "Clinton's' is not fair. I won't argue that as politicians the Clintons are as bad as anyone but they certainly aren't the only ones. Mccain has been hammered for his most recent ad about Romney yet there is little outcry from the same people who are beside thmeselves because of a Clinton 'mischaracterization'.. Let's be intellectually honest people...The Clinton's drug the Democratic side into the mud this season AFTER a weak showing in New Hampshire.

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
The Clinton's drug the Democratic side into the mud this season AFTER a weak showing in New Hampshire.

Didn't they win in NH? Besides any political science 101 student could read the voter demographics of SC and predict the outcome. does that make them guilty of bringing race into the contest?

it's becoming transparent now that the clinton's are held to standard that no one else is held to. If we were to take the clintons out of this premise most , if not all, people would claim that isn't fair.

101A
01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Didn't they win in NH? Besides any political science 101 student could read the voter demographics of SC and predict the outcome. does that make them guilty of bringing race into the contest?

it's becoming transparent now that the clinton's are held to standard that no one else is held to. If we were to take the clintons out of this premise most , if not all, people would claim that isn't fair.I have seen a whole bunch of Democrats bitching about them. I hate the Clintons as a matter of course. When Dems turn on them you have to ask yourself why, don't you? You can follow them, and pretend they politic just like everybody else does, but to me, the rest of the RW conspiracy, and now many democrats, they are DIFFERENT.

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2008, 04:56 PM
I have seen a whole bunch of Democrats bitching about them. I hate the Clintons as a matter of course. When Dems turn on them you have to ask yourself why, don't you? You can follow them, and pretend they politic just like everybody else does, but to me, the rest of the RW conspiracy, and now many democrats, they are DIFFERENT.

Since you nor anyone else can produce the 'lie' I will continue to wait to see if in fact they did lie before I indict them. I neither hate nor love the Clintons but I am a fair person and I don't think they are getting a fair shake. When the people who complain about them for doing things everyone else is guilty of I will defer to the facts as opposed to someone's opinion. In this case Clinton did not lie so I am not going to say he did..

I don't blame anyone for wanting Obama to win but the Clinton's aren't exclusive to their tactics. I am going to go out on a limb and say that there are MANY people in Republican party who don't like ROmney or McCain but they are still going to vote for them.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2008, 09:52 PM
I think Obama will be the democrat nominee. I've explained my points about that in other threads.

Spawn
01-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Did Jesse Jackson win South carolina? I am sorry but Barak Obama has embraced the notion of his possible place in history. Don't get me wrong I like Obama and will vote for him this November but to deny he NEVER brought race into this race is dishonest. It is becoming very clear to me that the hyper sensitivity that follows the Clinton's is real because if another Dem had made the same statement there would not have been the same reaction.. but since it was the Clinton's..we have the usual meltdowns.. So since what Clinton said was true and jackson, who is black, won South Carolina what's the big deal? I still don't see where he or Hillary lied..

Nobody is saying they lied, they are deliberately trying to paint Barack as the "Canidate for Blacks." They are trying to paint Obama as the novelty canidate and nothing more, a "fairytale" if you may. It's painfully obvious, but I guess since they are Democrats they are incapble of playing racial politics huh?

BonnerDynasty
02-01-2008, 02:03 AM
will bring out the anti-Hillary Repug voters who won't vote McCain at all except as the non-Hillary.

Bingo.

JoeChalupa
02-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Native American Times Endorses Obama (http://www.nativetimes.com/index.asp?action=displayarticle&article_id=9295)

US Senator Barack Obama is the choice of the Native American Times to become the next president of the United States. This choice made before the all important super Tuesday election to get as many Native Americans to the polls as possible to push Obama to victory. This is not an anti-Hillary vote but a decision based on what is best for Native Americans.

The Message is Spreading!!! YES WE CAN!!!

JoeChalupa
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM
LA Times Endorses Obama (http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-dem3feb02,0,3530861.story)

The Time is NOW!! SI SE PUEDE!!!

Cartman
02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
I wonder if Joe would vote for Barack if he was white?

mikejones99
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
hey fatty, most still wont vote black, just ask token

boutons_
02-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Months ago, Obama was supposed to be too white for the blacks, and too black for the whites.

When I look at him, I don't see a black person (nor an Islamo-fascist Muslim).

Today Obama seems to have more momentum. If he has a big Tuesday, more will pile on, more $$ will pour in, and Hillary will be desperate, perhaps desperate enough use nasty, sliming Rove-ian tactics so admired by Bill. Hillary and Obama and McCain are so much better than the venal, lying, murderous criminals we've had for 7 years.

I trusted The American People, "fool me once", to come way 'round and turn on dubya and his pervasive evilness and incompetence, and they did.

There's no way to know how they will vote November. The only consolation is that it will be Anybody But Bush.

boutons_
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Here's an article with charts showing Obama's support increasing but still behind Hillary.

Do-able, but maybe not by Wed morning. Is the winner of Super Tues the winner of the nomination? The campaign to be the candidiate is over-long, over-complicated, irrelevant, perverted shit for choosing a president. It's all about over-spending $$$ rather than democracy, just like everything else in USA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/02/obama-steadily-gaining-su_n_84571.html

AFBlue
02-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Here's an article with charts showing Obama's support increasing but still behind Hillary.

Do-able, but maybe not by Wed morning. Is the winner of Super Tues the winner of the nomination? The campaign to be the candidiate is over-long, over-complicated, irrelevant, perverted shit for choosing a president. It's all about over-spending $$$ rather than democracy, just like everything else in USA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/02/obama-steadily-gaining-su_n_84571.html

Yeah, but if you've got a good message and people believe in you...the money comes.

And Ron Paul constantly getting millions in donations proves that it's not JUST about the money...

JoeChalupa
02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
I wonder if Joe would vote for Barack if he was white?

I've voted for a white man in every Presidential Election since 1980.

JoeChalupa
02-03-2008, 05:59 PM
The Governator's wife endorses Obama. Maria Shriver is one smart independent woman.

ChumpDumper
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
She independently made the choice the rest of her family made.

JoeChalupa
02-03-2008, 06:06 PM
She independently made the choice the rest of her family made.

Yeah, some in here think the damn media makes their decisions for them.

ChumpDumper
02-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Well the Kennedys certainly weren't going to endorse Hillary.

NICKHILL80
02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Barack Obama '08 America's next great leader

"YES WE CAN"

boutons_
02-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Lots of reports of Obama "surging" Sunday and Monday in SuperTue states, having momentum, coming extremely close to if not actually overtaking Hillary.

crunch time, who's gonna execute down the stretch?

Barack - McCain campaign will be all Barack, as the country will vote against the Repug murderous militarism, in the same way Barack voted against it.

I think McCain's age will be a factor. He's fat, bent over, and decrepit looking. His doddering image clashes with The Strongest, Richest, Baddest Ass Country in The History of the Universe.

Here's a pretty cool hit piece on McCain. I don't know if ANY of it's true, so refute away.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/75845/?page=entire

BonnerDynasty
02-04-2008, 11:57 AM
McCain has little arms.

JoeChalupa
02-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Barack The Vote!!!!!

PEP
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
McCain cant lift his arms up in the air. Those North Vietnamese, silly guys!!

boutons_
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
R.F.O. ? . . . W.T.F. ?

http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=homepage

boutons_
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
So did torture on McCain work or not work?

CIA/NSA and their sadistic goons seem to think torture works. Settle it, Mr Mccain.

boutons_
02-04-2008, 01:47 PM
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1445

JoeChalupa
02-05-2008, 10:07 AM
The race for the democratic nominee will not be decided today. I predict that Barack will gain enough delegates to keep his campaign going.

BARACK THE VOTE!!!!

DarkReign
02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
The race for the democratic nominee will not be decided today. I predict that Barack will gain enough delegates to keep his campaign going.

BARACK THE VOTE!!!!

According to that Zogby link, Obama is looking real strong...may even take the lead outright before the night is over.

JoeChalupa
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah, but Zogby and other polls have been wrong so we'll have to wait and see.

But America is waking up!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

ChumpDumper
02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Still a lot of undecideds -- meaning it's too close to predict most of the outcomes.

rascal
02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm going to vote for Obama in CT.

boutons_
02-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Is it a legit worry that Obama could stay very close or even lead Clinton with state delegates finally, and then at the convention Clinton overwhelms Obama with superdelegates?

JoeChalupa
02-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I am really feeling confident now. I don't think Hillary can pull off a big victory in TX and may not even win OH. So if Barack can sweep until March 4th it could be one of the biggest political upsets, if you want to call it that, in our history.