PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mono, Love LT

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 02:43 PM
if he's in Hawaii yukking it up at the Pro Bowl, then he was a fucking coward. http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20080131-9999-1s31nflnotes.html

MRI shows Tomlinson damaged knee further vs. Pats
http://www.signonsandiego.com/images/black.gif
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
January 31, 2008

PHOENIX – LaDainian Tomlinson had an additional MRI on his left knee Tuesday that revealed his playing even just four snaps in the AFC Championship Game further damaged it.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/images/t.gif

He will require additional time for his sprained medial collateral ligament to heal, though he said surgery is still not required. Tomlinson also said yesterday he will not play in next week's Pro Bowl, his first definitive statement that his knee injury will keep him from making his fifth appearance in the NFL's all-star game.

“I'm not going to be able to play,” said Tomlinson, whose spot will be taken by the Ravens' Willis McGahee. “The Pro Bowl is not a concern. After not playing in the championship game, the Pro Bowl is the least of my concerns.”

In town as part of an endorsement deal, Tomlinson said, “It's kind of a bummer” to be attending Super Bowl festivities little more than a week after the Chargers lost in the AFC Championship Game to the New England Patriots.

Tomlinson, who walked fine but with a slight limp, said he was told the recovery time for his knee is now expected to be six more weeks. Immediately after the Patriots game, the recovery was expected to take four weeks.

Tomlinson injured his knee in the divisional playoff game at Indianapolis and did not play in the second half. He carried just twice and caught a pass in the AFC title game before being unable to continue.

Tomlinson also spoke extensively for the first time yesterday about how the widespread negative reaction to his not playing affected him, acknowledging some of it took him aback a little.

“I was more shocked by Jim Brown than anything,” Tomlinson said, referring to the fact one of his idols questioned why Tomlinson did not continue to play despite the injury.

“Deion (Sanders) didn't surprise me,” Tomlinson said. “I've heard Deion say some off-the-wall things. But Jim Brown, he played running back.”

Tomlinson was clearly surprised by the amount of vitriol toward him – which centered on the belief by some fans and by some in the media that he should have continued playing and should have been more vocal on the sideline during the Chargers' 21-12 loss at New England. But he reiterated his stance from shortly after the game.

“That's part of being in my position,” he said. “That's what the world does. It builds you up. Then when things don't go like people think they should, the criticism starts. This was clearly the worst I've been through. But it just confirms what I already knew. I've seen other guys go through it.”

monosylab1k
01-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Good spin control to save what's left of his reputation. Smart move by his agent :tu LT should give him a bonus for this one.

monosylab1k
01-31-2008, 03:06 PM
How is Philip Rivers' recovery going? Nate Kaeding's? I'm more concerned with guys who toughed it out for a shot at the Super Bowl.

T Park
01-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Did LT say this from the bench?

stretch
01-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Did LT say this from the bench?
Can you even fit on a bench?

san antonio spurs
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Can you even fit on a bench?
Are you in high school or what? all your smack is lame.

stretch
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Are you in high school or what? all your smack is lame.
coming from the middle school bandwagonner...

san antonio spurs
01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
coming from the middle school bandwagonner...
Lol, more lame...
can you do worse?

stretch
01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Lol, more lame...
can you do worse?
Much.

johnsmith
01-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Lol, more lame...
can you do worse?

Captain Bandwagon,
You don't have the right to make fun of anyone regarding sports.

Go Spurs, Celtics, Patriots, Yankees, Red Sox, Red Wings, LSU!

san antonio spurs
01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Much.
:clap

san antonio spurs
01-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Captain Bandwagon,

lol denver fan,
are you a sports fan?

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 04:45 PM
i think tomlinson must have denied mono an autograph in middle school, its the only logical explanation for his hatred.

johnsmith
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
lol denver fan,
are you a sports fan?

Dude, don't lie, you know you were a Rockies fan during the playoffs this year.

And don't worry, once the Broncos/Avs/Nuggets or any other Denver based team starts to become a contender, you'll be fan of them too.

Again, you don't get the right to make fun of anyone regarding sports. How many times do I have to tell you this?

stretch
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
lol denver fan,
are you a sports fan?
only rooting for the teams that are currently winning are not sports fans. they are dumbasses.

stretch
01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
i think tomlinson must have denied mono an autograph in middle school, its the only logical explanation for his hatred.
:lol

JamStone
01-31-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't get why LT gets criticized for not "toughing it out" when he was hurt. It was his knee. He's a running back. Tough it out so he could hurt his team worse? He was ineffective. It wasn't about him toughing it out. It was about his injury making him an ineffective running back. I'm sure much of the decision was the coaches seeing him not being able to run effectively. I give due props to Rivers and Kaeding for "toughing it out" but apparently their injuries didn't make them ineffective enough to keep them out.

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 04:58 PM
stop using logic jamstone, you make no sense. Turner and Sproles were 100% healthy, why put them in to play?

monosylab1k
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
stop using logic jamstone, you make no sense. Turner and Sproles were 100% healthy, why put them in to play?
They aren't former MVP's who felt the need to talk massive amounts of shit to the Patriots. They didn't tell everyone they were ready to play all week.

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
LT is a coward for not playing in the Pro Bowl. And yes, in the 7th grade, LT wouldn't sign my 49er's football at the assembly.

san antonio spurs
01-31-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't get why LT gets criticized for not "toughing it out" when he was hurt. It was his knee. He's a running back. Tough it out so he could hurt his team worse? He was ineffective. It wasn't about him toughing it out. It was about his injury making him an ineffective running back. I'm sure much of the decision was the coaches seeing him not being able to run effectively. I give due props to Rivers and Kaeding for "toughing it out" but apparently their injuries didn't make them ineffective enough to keep them out.
I agree he could've hurt his team if he played. But I think people's point is that he could've at least tried. We saw players like Eddie George claim they've played with a sprained MCL and Deion say he played with a sprained MCL even though he was a corner.
LT being on the fied even as a decoy is a huge advantage for their offense.
And how do you excuse his stoic conduct on his bench.

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 05:08 PM
They aren't former MVP's who felt the need to talk massive amounts of shit to the Patriots. He didn't say shit about the Patriots this year. You're still butthurt about what he said last year, when he called out a "few" Patriots for being classless, along with their coach. (who proved this when caught cheating)

They didn't tell everyone they were ready to play all week.
LaDainian Tomlinson had an additional MRI on his left knee Tuesday that revealed his playing even just four snaps in the AFC Championship Game further damaged it.Read.

stretch
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
They aren't former MVP's who felt the need to talk massive amounts of shit to the Patriots. They didn't tell everyone they were ready to play all week.
Lol, what massive amounts of shit? He said that they were unclassy for their celebrations (which they were), said that they were cheaters (which they are), and thats about it.

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree he could've hurt his team if he played. But I think people's point is that he could've at least tried. We saw players like Eddie George claim they've played with a sprained MCL and Deion say he played with a sprained MCL even though he was a corner.And we've also seen people with sprained MCL's sit out for months...........Adrian Peterson.

LT being on the fied even as a decoy is a huge advantage for their offense.
A decoy in a single back set? That is just fucking stupid when Turner/Sproles are formidable backups.

And how do you excuse his stoic conduct on his bench.Chargers/Pats fans who were at the game have a different story.

monosylab1k
01-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Read.
how could he "further damage" a knee that he told everybody was just fine and that wasn't even in bad enough shape to be put on the injury report?

stretch
01-31-2008, 05:16 PM
how could he "further damage" a knee that he told everybody was just fine and that wasn't even in bad enough shape to be put on the injury report?
Okay, now you are just trying to pull anything out of your ass possible. You sound really ridiculous.

monosylab1k
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Okay, now you are just trying to pull anything out of your ass possible. You sound really ridiculous.
He said himself that his knee was okay and ready to play. The team obviously thought the same since he wasn't even on the injury report.

So if that's the case, how did he do "further damage" to a healthy knee?

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
He said himself that his knee was okay and ready to play. The team obviously thought the same since he wasn't even on the injury report.

So if that's the case, how did he do "further damage" to a healthy knee?You keep reverting back to what the injury report said and take what the Chargers claimed about his status as fact. It makes you look stupid considering the Pats have had Brady as questionable for the last four years.

monosylab1k
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
It makes you look stupid considering the Pats have had Brady as questionable for the last four years.
Actually it makes you look stupid, since you obviously have no clue how to read an injury report. And you have no clue what Brady's listing on the injury report really is.

Brady has been listed as "probable" for 4 years. Probable means there is a virtual certainty he'll play. He dislocated his shoulder in 2002 and has chronic pain there now. It's not enough to keep him out of games but it's there.

"Questionable" means there's a 50/50 chance someone will play. Brady has never been listed as questionable.

So the Patriots listing Brady as "probable" every week is in complete compliance with how an injury report is supposed to be made.

If LT truly had a hurt knee but was certain he would play, he would have been "probable" on the injury report. He wasn't listed at all. That means he had no injuries.

johnsmith
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Actually it makes you look stupid, since you obviously have no clue how to read an injury report. And you have no clue what Brady's listing on the injury report really is.

Brady has been listed as "probable" for 4 years. Probable means there is a virtual certainty he'll play. He dislocated his shoulder in 2002 and has chronic pain there now. It's not enough to keep him out of games but it's there.

"Questionable" means there's a 50/50 chance someone will play. Brady has never been listed as questionable.

So the Patriots listing Brady as "probable" every week is in complete compliance with how an injury report is supposed to be made.

If LT truly had a hurt knee but was certain he would play, he would have been "probable" on the injury report. He wasn't listed at all. That means he had no injuries.

Are you sure it wasn't "questionable", I could have sworn it was but I could be wrong.

Does the Pats video recording the opposing teams sideline playcalling fall into compliance as well?

stretch
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
:dizzy

monosylab1k
01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Are you sure it wasn't "questionable", I could have sworn it was but I could be wrong.
http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/Football/2008/01/31/4803270-sun.html

The Patriots released their team injury report late yesterday and Brady's name was included. But rather than mentioning the ankle he has been nursing all week, he was listed as probable with a sore left shoulder.

The shoulder bit is a piece of humour from the New England camp -- he has been listed that way for every game this season but hasn't missed a snap.

TheSanityAnnex
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM

Sorry, I don't make it a point to look up Brady's status week to week. Probable, questionable........makes no difference to me. Point being that the Pats fuck with the injury report every week, within the rules.

Back to my original point, which is the one that makes you look stupid. The Chargers probably gave false information on the injury report to make the Pats gameplan for Tomlinson. Was it against the rules if they did, sure. Punish them then. For you to take what the Chargers reported and keep referring back to it claiming LT wasn't injured and is a pussy, and is a coward is what makes you look stupid.

If you actually think Tomlinson, who hasn't missed a start his entire career, would sit on the sidelines in the biggest game of his life with a fake injury............you are a complete moron. Thankfully, I believe you are just trolling for reactions and in reality realize how asinine your comments are.

And don't even bother bringing up "then the Chargers cheated by falsifying the injury report", because you've already defended the Pats camera use.

midgetonadonkey
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Captain Bandwagon,

Sounds like you are describing peewee's lovechild.

J.T.
02-01-2008, 03:01 AM
Apparently LT is well enough to attend NBA games.

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 09:30 AM

Yeah, cause God knows the cutting techniques used to walk from the parking lot to your seat is as grueling a task as one can do.

You can tell the SA natives just by posts like these.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 09:53 AM
The Chargers probably gave false information on the injury report to make the Pats gameplan for Tomlinson.
prove it.

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 10:24 AM

He can still walk...what does this have to do with anything?

Uh oh....I just agreed with johnsmith......and i'm an SA native. :oops

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Uh oh....I just agreed with johnsmith......and i'm an SA native. :oops

hey fucker, admit it, you've agreed with me plenty of times.

Also, from this day forward, I'm gonna lay off the SA smack. It's a touch weak (although usually true) and that shithole grows on me more and more every time I'm there.

J.T.
02-01-2008, 12:46 PM

You're right, Chargers fans should be used to seeing LT sitting down on TV.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 12:52 PM

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
did LT wear his visor to the game?

J.T.
02-01-2008, 01:15 PM

No :depressed

stretch
02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Does Tom Brady still take his offensive line with him on dates?

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM

What should Colts fans be used to seeing?

J.T.
02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
What should Colts fans be used to seeing?

The first joke on this video. . .

qZ_jZZu9x-I

TheSanityAnnex
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
how many rb's can you name that havent missed a start in their entire career?if youre going to talk shit, at least make sense.

stretch
02-01-2008, 05:26 PM
how many rb's can you name that havent missed a start in their entire career?if youre going to talk shit, at least make sense.
I think he was talking about the commercial he has.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Exactly, the only time Chargers fans should expect to see LT sitting is during Vizio commercials and AFC Championship games.

J.T.
02-01-2008, 08:14 PM

I'm sure the answer to that question is significantly higher than the number of starting RBs that sat their ass on the bench while they watched their team play a game with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. LT bitches all the time about his career being validated by a Super Bowl ring, and in the biggest game of his career, he sits his ass on the bench.

He's just turning out to be what Peyton Manning used to be. All the wins and stats he could possibly ask for, but no ring.

TheSanityAnnex
02-02-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm sure the answer to that question is significantly higher than the number of starting RBs that sat their ass on the bench while they watched their team play a game with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif Can't find one?

TheSanityAnnex
02-02-2008, 12:33 AM
LT bitches all the time about his career being validated by a Super Bowl ring, and in the biggest game of his career, he sits his ass on the bench.
It's quite funny that you think it was his choice to sit on the bench. And it's even funnier to hear you talk shit when your bitch ass complains and moans and has your mommy bring you soup because you had a cold. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smicry.gif Deal with a runny nose like a man before you start to talk shit on an NFL player.

J.T.
02-02-2008, 01:58 AM
It's quite funny that you think it was his choice to sit on the bench. And it's even funnier to hear you talk shit when your bitch ass complains and moans and has your mommy bring you soup because you had a cold. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smicry.gif Deal with a runny nose like a man before you start to talk shit on an NFL player.

Yeah, but I have very low expectations for myself and my life. I guess the equivalent of winning the Super Bowl for an average guy like me would be like becoming the next pre-Scientology Tom Cruise or some shit like that. But I have no movie star dreams. I'm perfectly aware of my shitty life status and the fact that it won't change for a long fucking time.

LT on the other hand is a multi-millionaire NFL megastar who bitches and moans about every little thing, but still says he wants to win Super Bowls. Terrell Owens played in the Super Bowl with a broken leg and LT sits on his ass after four snaps because of a sprained MCL in a conference championship game? :lmao

Johnts71
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
How is Philip Rivers' recovery going? Nate Kaeding's? I'm more concerned with guys who toughed it out for a shot at the Super Bowl.

funny u say that cause they wouldnt have played in the superbowl due to aggravating pre-existing injuries.

SD will be back next year along with INDY to contend

Brodie Bruce
02-02-2008, 11:39 AM
funny u say that cause they wouldnt have played in the superbowl due to aggravating pre-existing injuries.

SD will be back next year along with INDY to contend

FYI this isn't one of my trolls.

The Instigator
02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
FYI this isn't one of my trolls.

whaaaa?