PDA

View Full Version : Who the fuck does J.J Redick think he is ?

lefty
01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
He's asking for a trade :lmao

And Magic GM said no :lmao

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3223848

J.J. Redick, sequestered on the Orlando bench for much of the season, has asked his agent, Arn Tellem, to inquire about a trade possibility. But Magic general manager Otis Smith said that right now, there is not much chance of that happening.

"Why would I do that before I've really seen him? So he can do something somewhere else?" Smith said in the Orlando Sentinel. "I think J.J. can play. He has to have patience. It's the worst thing for young guys, having patience. I know. I was that guy [when Smith played in the NBA]."

Redick, the Magic's first-round pick out of Duke in 2006, has played in just 20 games, averaging only 8.3 minutes and 3.7 points. He hasn't received much playing time because coach Stan Van Gundy believes fellow guards Maurice Evans and Keith Bogans are better at defense and rebounding, elements the Magic needs more than Redick's shooting proficiency at this point.

Smith also isn't planning on trading Redick before the Feb. 21 NBA trade deadline because Evans, Bogans and and Keyon Dooling all can become free agents after the season.

"We want to see what's out there," Redick told the Orlando Sentinel. "I want to stay here, but it's been frustrating."

Van Gundy has been upfront with Redick, telling him there wasn't much hope for him getting off the bench the rest of this season. "Right now it would be very hard to fit him in," Van Gundy said. "I know it's also hard to keep sitting him on the bench. . . . Should we be playing him? Right now we're going good so we probably won't disrupt things.

"I think about it all the time. He makes you think about it all the time when you watch practice. I know he's really frustrated because there's not a lot more he can be doing."

Van Gundy said he told Redick to just keep working. "He just has to keep doing what he's doing. There's nothing negative with him. I've got confidence in him and I'm sure he'll help us when it's all over. I just don't know when."

sribb43
01-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Same as Gerald Green asking for a trade

VaSpursFan
01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
redick is a comedian because him asking for a trade is hilarious

DazedAndConfused
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
JJ is the perfect college player - white, unathletic, shoots 3's like a mother

z0sa
01-31-2008, 05:00 PM
i honestly dont see the problem about asking if a trade could possibly happen...

he isnt demanding one, he just would like to get some PT somwhere else. why the hate?

ancestron
01-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the NBA, son.

ChumpDumper
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
He's the best shooter in the history of the game.

[/Better Basketball]

He should ask to go to Disneyland and play for Arsenal. That might drum up some interest.

Phenomanul
01-31-2008, 05:06 PM
edit...

Chumpdumper typed it at the same time....

Hemotivo
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
He's the best shooter in the history of the game.

[/Better Basketball]

:lmao

JBIIRockets
01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
He's asking for a trade :lmao

And Magic GM said no :lmao

Can you really blame a player for wanting out if he's not going to get any minutes? :rolleyes

Holmes_Fans
01-31-2008, 05:41 PM
JJ is the perfect college player - white, unathletic, shoots 3's like a mother
Suns should jump on a trade

lefty
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Suns should jump on a trade
:lol

Cry Havoc
01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
I cannot begin to count the number of debates I got into with people about how WORTHLESS JJ would be as an NBA player.

"Oh no man, he's got range out to 28 feet, he'll dominate in the league."

Fuck that. Redick is the single most overrated player I've ever seen in my 2 decades of watching basketball, perhaps ANY sport. He has one move. The roll off the pick for an open 3. That's IT. He has no hops, is slow as hell, can't rebound, is undersized, cannot and DOES NOT WANT to play defense, doesn't move well without the ball, and his wicked range often results in HUGE caroms that lead to fast breaks for the other team, which as I was just saying earlier, JJ is powerless to stop.

Put him on a lesser-known team in college and he wouldn't even have drawn an honorable mention as a bball player. Would never have been drafted. The fact that he was at Duke and got the benefit of an entire team built around his 3 point shot and the Duke legacy working to get the refs to call fouls every time he touched the ball so he could go to the line.... JJ is THE premier example of the atrocity that is the East-Coast-biased-great-white-hype-machine of the modern age of basketball.

"He is one of the worst 1st round draft picks in the history of the league."

I said that the day of the draft. I stand by it. Redick will never start for a team. He will never contribute to a title. He will never win anything. Because he sucks and is dumb.

ClingingMars
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
redick is a comedian because him asking for a trade is hilarious

he should go back to puke, at least he was good there

-Mars

Matchman
01-31-2008, 10:01 PM
He would get some serious PT in PHX. He doesnt need to defend and he is lights out from 3-pt range

ShoogarBear
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
ploto will be in here any second to sing his praises.